The FIFA 11 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
manager mode was class in like fifa 08 i think where there was player growth and there form didnt change after every match like zvx said.

I remember on Fifa 08 on PS2 you could press R3 and take control of the keeper, you could jump out for a cross, save shots.. I really would love it if it came back :)
yeah i heard you could take control of the keeper in be a pro and in online matches it will actually be 11 vs 11:D CANT WAIT!!!!!

yeah i heard you could take control of the keeper in be a pro and in online matches it will actually be 11 vs 11:D CANT WAIT!!!!!
then you will get some ******** who is **** or being **** on propose controlling the keeper.
I hate when you end up playing with or against someone who just scores OG's :mad:

WOW!

"Pub Football" - FIFA 11 will also incorporate a new playing mode called Pub Football. Players will be given 22 unknown amateur football players and are given the task of building them up into world beaters. They will start of playing in a local park and gradually move their way up the footballing ladder. Players will also be able to take their teams online and participate in tournaments. The better the teams do the quicker they will advance

seems like fifa is using previous EA sports technology.

Uploading your own chants has been in the last couple american football games they've made. It adds a nice touch though, or you can just upload music...

And the "personality" thing isn't anything at all really. It's just a way to show different playing styles. They had it in the last few NHL games. Basically you had the personality who got into fights and liked checking people, you had the guys who avoided hits and danced around, you had guys who were tough leaders etc...

I suppose it could add something to the game, but you'd never really go "Oh hey, that's the new personality feature!"

Apparently you can upload your own chants now ?

Only decent use of this will be replacing the **** menu music with your own, provided it doesn't just use the 360's built in music player (****** way to do it which other games use). And maybe adding Local Hero as the pre-game music at SJP

Cheers for the information, I missed this announcement but I was already aware of pro passing and personality+ for quite some time. I'm just looking forward to when they announce features.

I want to see more depth in manager mode, more depth for pro clubs.
A button to send your keeper back on his line (not played world cup game so maybe it's not needed now)
Harder to score free kicks
Proper defenders in clubs, having 5'3 players against 6'7 giants is beyond difficult.
More Be a pro accomplisments, more customization and a longer be a pro season like PES has.
No custom tactics or custom formations, or at least a system that doesn't get abused so much. (played against 7 defenders, 0 midfielders and 3 strikers yet?)
I cant remember but i think someone told me if you press Y twice he stays on his line. not 100% sure though

I want more passionate celebrations.

PES have done the 'upload your own chants' for a while now. Was pretty good but after a while it just got repetitive.

I liked FIFA 10 so there's not many big improvements I think of at the moment.
Im all about the small details in games like these, baggy/tight fit shirts would be a nice addition to the game and was recently implemented into one of PES's updates.

I cant remember but i think someone told me if you press Y twice he stays on his line. not 100% sure though

It was me, and double tapping Y stops any charges until you tell him to, but usually they make it out a few yards first

Nice to see them copying PES a little by making each player feel a little different. Instead of having Messi & Ronaldo and then thousands of other players who all play the same.

They got rid of that for their World Cup game. They knew it needed fixing and have done so.

They didn't exactly fix it for the World Cup game, chips are still stupidly easy & effective. The only difference for the World Cup game was that the keepers didn't come off their lines as easily so the opportunity wasn't always there like before. But I did read, sometime when this press release was made public that they have or are working on fixing it for 2011.

It was me, and double tapping Y stops any charges until you tell him to, but usually they make it out a few yards first

That's my point, I know about the double tap Y to stop him coming out but he doesn't go back to the line, he waits where he is and gets lobbed, over and over.

That Pub football idea sounds immense to be honest. I also want them to bring back ultimate team :wub:

They got rid of that for their World Cup game. They knew it needed fixing and have done so.

Indeed, FIFA quickly iron out their problems for the most part. The World Cup game was like FIFA 10.5, they will take what is good about the game and keep it for FIFA11, and what doesn't get great feedback I imagine they will try to change.

First thing i'm gonna do when I get the game is put a Heskey chant into the game :D.

Doubt the Pub Football thing is true. There is no word on it from EA, just wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.