DerbyJack

Reaction score

They kiss the badge, they wave to the crowd, they cry buckets of tears and swear they do it all for the club...

...Until a better offer comes along, that is.

It’s everywhere in the sport, whether you like it or not. It’s on the jersey, in the stadium, in the heads of the players, and in the hands of the owners, money flows through the beautiful game.

The aim of this career isn't one of building a club legacy, restoring a fallen giant or grasping the most prestigious of silverware, it is simply to become the richest manager in the game.

Having tired this in the previous Game and failing miserably, I'm back for one more try.

View attachment 121997View attachment 122001View attachment 121999
Pep GuardiolaCarlo AncelottiJose Mourinhio
Manchester CityBayern MunichManchester United
£300,000 per week£250,000 per week£230,000 per week

Once again we start with a look at the top three current earners and boy is it a daunting task.

With some massive managerial moves before the start of the current season, the average wage has jumped up by more then One hundred Thousand pounds... I'm not even sure this actually possible anymore.

Brilliant.

Rather then simply taking over at one of Europe's elite clubs, I'll be once again going back to square one, starting with Sunday league experience and with no Coaching badges at all, the aim is to make it to a point when I can mix it up with the biggest earners in football management.

View attachment 121998
Derby Jack
-
£0 per week

Yeah I tried the face-generator thing...I promise I'm not so smug looking in reality.

Given my first take at this challenge ended in complete failure and with a reputation that saw me get sacked more times then I won silverware, it's safe to say I'm not exactly blessed with ability.

Despite that glowing endorsement, If at any point during my hopefully long career, I happen to be offered any position offering a higher wage I have to take the job on the spot. Hopefully this will see me quickly rise into this top earners in the world as soon as possible.

I'm a football managing mercenary. Its time to see where my wallet takes me.

No loyalty. No dignity. Just a burning desire to make some money!

Wonderful to see this again! Can't wait to see how you go

WOOOOOO!

Great to see this return for FM17!

Good luck. Keep the good job.

I didn't comment on this as much as I should've throughout FM16 even though I read it on a regular(ish) basis. Will once again be following TDJ.

Yes you did it ! Come on ! I know your story will be amazing

Thanks very much guys, Glad to be Back!

Fittingly with a CV suited more for shelf stacking then managing a football team, I start the season rooted to my all too familiar sofa.

As we watch the season get under-way from home, the managerial merry-go-round starts getting up to speed with a number of managers soon joining me on the sidelines.

With heads rolling across the footballing world, I'm not left waiting for long...

Gui_zpsss8zjisl.png

I'm off up North to Yorkshire and the illustrious Vanarama National League. Having managed to grab a role that somehow isn't in the basement of the English league, its a fine opportunity to get a much needed head-start...

Gui-Con1_zpsrhwyebi9.png

Every-one has to start somewhere. With £475 making its way into my account on a weekly basis, I'm officially an employed managerial mercenary. My hunt for the top is underway.

With just Eight months on my contract, it's pretty evident that the board are completely aware they have just hired a manager who has yet to even shout his first curse words from a dug-out. The true reason for their worrying lack of faith however is soon made clear...

Gui-Fix_zpsxoktojea.png

Gui-Table_zpsffjb068u.png

I've been in worse situations...

With the club stranded in the relegation zone, a worrying six point gap behind the rest of the relegation battling sides and just one victory to their name, the club can at least take some solace in not being the worst in the league.

With more then half a season to make a difference, I'm going to need to get the Lions up to speed if we are to stand a chance at avoiding an unwanted relegation.

....Time to disappoint

Yayayayayayayayyayaya! I want more!! Can't wait!

Cheers Iwabik, I can do that!

Gui_zpsss8zjisl.png

With a hefty challenge ahead of me, the sofa quickly on its way up Yorkshire and the rest of the Vanarma National League trying to work out if Guiseley have lost their collective minds, its time to see just how the club finds itself in such a predicament....

Gui-Squad.png

A small but balanced squad should not be languishing so low in the table.

With a series of strong players littered throughout the field and a number of promising young loanee talents bolstering the ranks, with some fine tactical know-how, a morale raising team-talk and some astute moves in the forth coming January Transfer window, any manager worth his salt would crave a challenge such as this...

...I need help.

Gui-Star1.png

One man who will certainly be key in turning around the clubs fortunes is Welsh striker Jake Cassidy. The one-time Wolves prospect has slowly made his way down the ranks finding himself outside the football league at just Twenty-Three years old. The lead finisher will be keen to end the rot before it's too late.

Gui-Star2.png

Our Australian central midfielder, James Wesolowski is made for the lower leagues. More adept at flinging himself into challenges then dancing his way to the goal, the well-traveled midfielder will certainly have a massive impact in the forth coming season....The Hair however needs to go.

So as it stands the club genuinely has a chance at changing their fortunes.

The only small problem might be the man in charge.

Lets get going.

Ha, nice to see Guiseley are doing as bad on FM as they are IRL. Challenge is on, good luck.

Another point for SI's accuracy I guess! Thankfully I'm not at the point of snatching goals like Guiseley did today. Worth a look by the way. Cheers Shedender!

November 2016

Nov16-z.png

12th November 2016
Vanarama National League

Nov16-a.png

My career gets off to an encouraging start as we sneak a narrow one-goal victory over Torquay. The long journey for the Devonshire side was certainly a long-one as they failed to find a way back despite the boys being reduced down to ten men.

19th November 2016

Vanarama National League
Nov16-b.png

The honeymoon period keeps rolling as we show Torquay exactly how to overcome ten men, as a second-half red-card has us eventually romp to victory. With the points rolling in thick and fast, my tenure at Guiseley gets off to an impressive start.

22nd November 2016

Vanarama National League
Nov16-c.png

And our bright start comes to a very dismal end, as playoff chasing Barrow gave us little time to get up to speed as they smash into the lead within the first five minutes. We failed to ever match the rampant side as we are soon reminded of our precarious position.

29th November 2016
Vanarama National League
Nov16-d.png

We're unable to bounce back from the defeat as we are kept at bay by York City. A sloppy first-half of football had the Lions immediately on the back foot with Cassidy's goal giving us a brief but futile glimmer of hope to end the month on a low.

November 2016
Vanarama National League
Nov16.png

Despite having tripled the clubs current wins total and adding an important six points to the clubs worryingly low tally, we are still left stranded towards the foot of the table. With another six points between us and safety, every result is going to matter.

Ohhh here we go.. Good to see you back with this!

Need some work doing to save them but I'm more than confident you'll be able to succeed here.

Thanks alot 1magine!

Cheers Dan, It's going better then expected so far!

Cheers Iwabik!

December 2016

Dec16-z.png

6th December 2016
Vanamrama National League

Dec16-a.png

It seems that we can't gain points without someone being sent off. Having just returned from injury our Aussie midfielder was soon off the pitch again following a sloppy challenge but it only served to invigorate the boys as they romped to a three goal victory.

10th December 2016
FA Trophy - 1st Round

FAT16-a.png

With the club already sent spiraling out of the FA Cup, the non-league FA Trophy presents me with the only opportunity of snatching some silverware. A narrow Cassidy inspired win saw us slip past Vanarama South side, Gloucester and into the next round.

13th December 2016
Vanarama National League
Dec16-b.png

Cassidy is finding the net with ease but our Welsh hit-man is unable to drag the club to another victory as an early dominant spell from Chester ruined any chances of the club claiming some much needed points despite impressing for the majority of the game.

17th December 2016
Vanarama National League

Dec16-c.png

A miserable afternoon in Woking is made even worse as we are punished by an unwarranted late goal. Not even the free-scoring Cassidy could find the back of the net with our wasted opportunities gleefully punished by a mid-table Woking.

December 2016
Vanarama National League

Dec16.png

The miserable winter weather brings an early end to the month with the club still sitting well behind the safety of Twentieth position but with our game in hand and an important transfer window approaching we could well find ourselves pulling off an impressive escape.

Gui_zpsss8zjisl.png

With the squad already low in numbers there was no permanent departures at the club, with only loanee central midfielder, Alex Purver jumping ship back to his parent club Leeds.

I don't blame him.

With absolutely no funds available, a squad thing on numbers and a season in desperate need of salvaging, it's set to be an interesting window...

JanTran17-IN.png

JanTran17-a.png

Cost: Free

First arrival is Czech midfielder Filip Twardzik. The Twenty Three year old has been out of football since being released by Bolton in the summer. The former Celtic product has seen his stock drop rapidly but with a gaping hole to be filled in our squad he will be looking to restart his career in the basement of English football.

JanTran17-b.png

Cost: Loan

With Purver sensibly declining an opportunity to return to The Lions, we made the move to snap up experienced want-away midfielder Nicky Featherstone to fill the gap. The well traveled ball winner, will be looking to pull the strings from the middle of the park for the remainder of the season.

JanTran17-c.png

Cost: Free

Final arrival of the season has us snap up, Iranian attacking midfielder Navid Nasseri. I'll be honest. I know only one good formation. With no attacking midfielders to start my Christmas Tree formation, Nasseri is the first arrival as I look to mold Guiseley into a lower league powerhouse.

Not a bad window by any means.

To get the club truly working under my favored 4-3-2-1 formation would have taken some serious pulling of strings but non the less some strong additions could well help me to stay at the club long enough to one day unleash the Tree on Guiseley.