...Erm. I'm back?

Sorry for the massive delay. Real life got in the way again, I'll spare you the details but hopefully I'll be able to get back to flailing my way towards the top. Thanks for sticking with me again and sorry once again!

Having suffered my way through the on-going head ache that is the MLS it's time for a long awaited return to Europe and my home nation, England.

With a career in dire need of some rejuvenation and the start of a new season with the Eagles awaiting, it's time to get back to business...

Crystal.png

From Manhattan to South London.

It's a return to the English capital for the next chapter of my career as I look to fill my pockets with the money floating around a post-Brexit football league.

With the League's undergoing a steady transformation since Leaving the European Union, it's time to get myself used to being back home...

Cry-Con.png

It seem's the country is thriving...

A massive five thousand pound a week pay rise has me edge ever closer to a quarter of the current earnings of the highest paid managers in the world.

With my wallet once again growing ever bigger, it's time to see what I've got myself into at Selhurst Park...

Cry-Fix.png

Cry-Table.png

...Well at least I don't have to worry about being relegated then.

The Eagles have crashed out of the Premier League with barely a whimper managing to pick up just six victories throughout the entire season as they make an unwelcome return back to the Championship.

Having established themselves as a strong club in arguably the worlds toughest Football competition, the board and the fans are keen to see their beloved Palace make an instant return to the promised land and re-assert themselves at the top of English football.

For myself I can only hope the dressing room is as determined.

...I'm not going to count on it.

Last edited:

Crystal.png

Despite the season being done and dusted, The Eagles gathering their senses following a disastrous campaign and the majority of the club heading off for a much needed holiday, it remains worryingly busy at Selhurst Park.

With morale at a predictable low, the majority of the former Premier League stalwarts now cast worrying eyes around their new surroundings as they look to escape before facing the rigors of a brutal Championship season.

Time to see who I've got to convince to stay with us as I look to mount an instant push for promotion...

Cry-Squad_1.png

A small but experienced squad look ready made to push for an easy route to the top flight.

It's not going to be that easy though is it?

With the likes of Ward-Prowse, Townsend and Ings at my disposal a strong set of veteran English players are poised to hold the core of the team together whilst some impressive midfield talent could well tear apart even the best teams in England's second tier.

Time to take a look at some of the clubs strongest and brightest...

Cry-Star1.png

Attacking midfielder Thomas Lemar is not just a level above the Championship, he is a good leap ahead of the majority of his team-mates. With the technical ability of a midfield maestro, it is unsurprising to see the clubs exciting French talent heavily linked with some of the top-flights finest clubs and his transfer request soon disappointingly made it's way onto my desk.

Cry-Star2.png

Colombian veteran, Sebastian Perez has been holding the fort at the center of The Eagles midfield for just two seasons and it seems his stay in the capital is set to come to an abrupt end. Despite heading towards the twilight years of his career the solid tackler is eager for once more roll of the dice at the top of the footballing ladder as he too makes clear his intentions to leave.

With my desk rapidly filling up with Transfer requests, I quickly set about making myself unpopular within my new squad as I battle to try and cling on to the clubs decidedly determined want-away stars.

With the forth-coming transfer window set to be frustratingly busy my return to England is set to be a long-awaited test of my managerial talents.

This should be embarrassing...

Great to have you back Jack, hope all is well. Good luck with Palace!

Had to check my eyes, wasn't sure it was really you. Welcome back mate.

sQuad looks pretty decent, some good players there so if you can keep some of them...I'm confident you can secure promotion.

Haven't posted on here for years, but I stumbled across your FM16 story a week or so back and became hooked - and now I'm hooked on this follow-up! Inspired me to dust off FM16 for my own journeyman save, which I'd write up except that I'm fairly sure the FM16 board is dead. Oh well. Keep it up, fella

Welcome Back Derby Jack,

I was starting to think you'd abandoned us.

Good luck at Palace, hopefully the lure of being in London is good enough to bring in some stars ready for a tough Championship season ahead.

Regards,

Nosibor

Goes without saying its good to have you back updating DJ! Good luck with Palace!

****, you scared me a little bit there. Glad you are back! Good luck!

senza panmure

Such a good read this is/was?

I dont know if you lost motivation or real life is coming in the way but i hope you can continue on this one:)

After a bit of an absence on here myself I expected to come back to a whole host of catching up here but 8 pages wasn't too bad haha! Hopefully we here from you about your Palace save if you still have the motivation :)