the frustration thread

Well they both seem fairly poor, valued really low, i'd say get rid of them or put them on the sidelines and get some quality in.

Wage budget?
Transfer budget?
Squad screenshot?

Well they both seem fairly poor, valued really low, i'd say get rid of them or put them on the sidelines and get some quality in.

Wage budget?
Transfer budget?
Squad screenshot?

Wage budget - At the limit
Transfer budget - What budget
Squad screenshot:

View attachment 4449

I know their value is really low but then again I am Eastbourne Boro and have a regional reputation. You probably won't know many of the squad cos quite a lot are regens. Clayford's value is low cos his contract expires in just over 6 months

that is the worst sometimes score 6 against someone then draw 1-1 or lose 1-0 next game, why is it you get retards scoring from 25 yards plus screamers! when you have someone like gerrard in my team who is lucky to get a long shot on target with long shots 17/18! tis a pain!

in all fairness Gerrard is like that in real life lol

annoying when I get 5 of the hardest games of the season in a row, which I all lose, so my team gets really bad morale. oh and half of my first team regulars are injured at the same time. :S

What you talking about those players are good for league one standard my players were worse than his and ended up with a 50 goals between them.

What you talking about those players are good for league one standard my players were worse than his and ended up with a 50 goals between them.

Really? In that case......................DAMNIT!!!! I suck at this game!:'(

<goes off into the corner to sob and cry in despair>

been play man utd. every season definitely have 1 month where i need to play against 1 team four times. 1st season everton, 2nd season arsenal.. wat the heck..

the frustration has reared its ugly head again as i drew with hereford who are bottom with one win at home and had to rely on a last min pen to get it, drew my last 3 and dropped to 7th

Okay the post I'm about to do is way beyond frustration. As most of you know, I am way into my game with Eastbourne Borough (currently 2016-2017) and recently the game has slowed down so much. I'm aware that a lot of people have this problem around this time in the game but its still so annoying. I mean, why would a games company, having had god knows how much time to test and develop and then send out 3 patches still not sort out this fundamental problem. Up till recently, I could work through an entire season in about 10-12 hours (with matches just on text only). Now, because the text in the match has slowed right down, it has just taken me 9 hours to play 2 months. So, given that I return to work next week after a 2 week rest period, I figure it will probably take me (in real terms) about 3 months to play a single season as I won't be able to play too often. Does that make any sense to anyone? I am seriously considering stopping playing the game cos I don't want to have to restart a new game every time I get to 2016. I wanted to take Eastbourne as high as I could go (Europe etc) and, in real time, I could probably achieve this at about the same time as they release FM12. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Rant over

Okay the post I'm about to do is way beyond frustration. As most of you know, I am way into my game with Eastbourne Borough (currently 2016-2017) and recently the game has slowed down so much. I'm aware that a lot of people have this problem around this time in the game but its still so annoying. I mean, why would a games company, having had god knows how much time to test and develop and then send out 3 patches still not sort out this fundamental problem. Up till recently, I could work through an entire season in about 10-12 hours (with matches just on text only). Now, because the text in the match has slowed right down, it has just taken me 9 hours to play 2 months. So, given that I return to work next week after a 2 week rest period, I figure it will probably take me (in real terms) about 3 months to play a single season as I won't be able to play too often. Does that make any sense to anyone? I am seriously considering stopping playing the game cos I don't want to have to restart a new game every time I get to 2016. I wanted to take Eastbourne as high as I could go (Europe etc) and, in real time, I could probably achieve this at about the same time as they release FM12. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Rant over
I havent got that far but thats pretty insane really, considering its just on commentary I mean my game is taking a while but im on 3d match view so got to expect it really. Is this a common problem then as you are the first person who I have known to say this. I really get the feeling SI need to go back to basics a bit with some aspects of the game as its sometimes a bit too in depth.

I havent got that far but thats pretty insane really, considering its just on commentary I mean my game is taking a while but im on 3d match view so got to expect it really. Is this a common problem then as you are the first person who I have known to say this. I really get the feeling SI need to go back to basics a bit with some aspects of the game as its sometimes a bit too in depth.

Its quite common after about 2016. Its to do with the size of the save game. The more Leagues you load up and the bigger the database, the larger the save game gradually becomes. It is very frustrating. If you have a high end PC, then it hopefully won't affect people but mine is sort of middle of the road and it is agonizingly slow.

Okay....its time to bring the frustration thread off the bench. My latest frustration is how much I suck at this game. With my Eastbourne game I thought I wasn't doing too well but this was until I started a Man City game (just wanted one with unlimited money for a change). Having done almost a season I realise that I completely suck. Having assembled a very good team, they now have a complete inability to win games away from homewhereas, at home, they completely dominate and generally score for fun. This has culminated in a 2-0 defeat to Real Madrid. You imagine that losing to Real ain't too bad.......bear in mind they went down to 10 men after 37 minutes and yet still managed to dominate my team for the entirety of the game. In the League, I have managed to win 5 away games. I have managed to get 3-0 up and still draw. I have tried doing teamtalks the way everyone says they should be done but I find they generally make no difference to what happens. This all draws me to one simple conclusion: I completely suck at this game if I can't even get Man City to win away games with the following team:

Asenjo, Taiwo, Richards, Sakho, Santon, Vuckevic, Moutinho, Veloso, Wright-Phillips, Cardozo, Robinho.

So I shall be considering whether to go and find a different game that more suits me (doesn't need in depth thought!). Rant now over.

What tactics are you using out of interest, perhaps you are leaking goals away from home due to playing too attacking? And who is the Taiwo in your squad as I had one in my Braintree team from League 2 upwards :)

What tactics are you using out of interest, perhaps you are leaking goals away from home due to playing too attacking? And who is the Taiwo in your squad as I had one in my Braintree team from League 2 upwards :)

Well, I was using quite an attacking 4-4-2 formation home and away. Recently, I adjusted the away tactics to less attacking hoping this would cure it but it has actually made things worse....now I am losing games instead of drawing them.

The Taiwo is Taye Taiwo from Olympic Marseille.....a different Taiwo to yours methinks

Yeah differnt Taiwo :)

Um well can i suggest you try the tactic I am using at the moment, it seems to work well home and away, its one i downloaded from here and my team have responded well to it, it might help you :) it got me from 18th to 6th in one season where i was staring relegation in the face.
i suppose it depends how you feel about using downloadable tactics.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/tylerbode-tactic-amazing-results-t13524.html

Well, the supergoalie is something I experienced in FM05, in 09 I still can't say I have it but not rule it out either. You know, your high finish/composure/decision won't get a goal alone against a poor reflex/1on1 goalie, but your rival poor player will get 95% attempts of that same kind against your high ref/1on1 goalie. Similarly, if your goalie stops a 5% of penalties, the comp's goalie stops like 80% no matter how poor his goalie is.

Now what I can say gives me frustration is throw ins, every throw in I see is directed at whatever patch of field has 3+ rival players and no teammate in sight. The throw in is sent by a good throw-in/decision player (Maynor Figueroa and Melchior Maynot e.g.) and there no teammate around that I could say giving a specific order for throw ins to have more chances to arrive.

Another matter of frustration is defense. In so many times when a ball gets behind them, my players take one second sratching their heads like monkeys and seemingly show slower reaction than rivals (haven't spotted such with opposition but that can be effect of not noticing due to perception bias. Still so low reactions). And when I tell them individual mark, I got to see the opponent attacking with seven men, out of which only two were marked!. When I set tight marking the result didn't seem to improve.

I also hate when I see a player (usually defneder) that is like one step away from the ball and instead of taking it, he runs back allowing the rival attacker to come from fifteen steps away to get it and build an attack.

The other point to frustrate is when long balls are kicked: my forward goes to wait for the ball in the place the ball is going to either touch the ground or stop, while the defender just goes to the first point of the trajectory to head the ball away, my attacker not going to fight, therefore gifting the ball without a fight.

The other is that it seems like as soon the regular season begins, the team's performance drops significantly. Got two 4-1 against teams that perhaps are too weak to be significant, but then I got a 0-1 against AC Milan and with good chances to have been the winning team, but now in the season I've won only two matches, one with trouble needing a last minute goal, granted with 10 from a red card since min 28, and losing against Sunderland, Tottenham and Middlesbrough like my team wasn't one who could resist Milan so well. At least ManU's 2-0 victory wasn't that easy either.

At least my goalie is good and has some good stops.

Current frustration level: 2.5/10

I like this thread, just lost to Nosta, a side I'm clearly better than, and my ex striker but 2 past me. My team didn't look interested at all.
Feel like crying

I just had a home game (playing as Wigan) against Huddersfield and I put out an almost full strength team without even thinking...Result 3-0 to me, injuries...best GK and Right back! :(

I've never seen my GK get injured in a match, must be quite rare unlucky

injury problem. fabregas missed a good chunk of season for me. 8 months to be exact. managed to play only 5 games for the entire season.