The Future of England: A Ross-Galloway Story

Ross-Galloway

Reaction score
skysports.png

Fabio Capello Sacked as England Manager
Fabio Capello was today sacked by the FA as England manager after arguments over England team selections. The FA today released this statement "Fabio Capello will no longer take the role of England manager, the new manager will be announced shortly and we wish Fabio the best of luck in his future career."
fabio_capello2_1656913c.jpg

Fabio Capello after his last match as England manager
Capello had been doing a fantastic job as manager, winning most of his games in charge and being one of England's most famous manager's to date. However, some fans are still glad to see the Italian leave as they believe it would be a great idea to get a new manager in before the World Cup kicks off and preferably an English one. Ben Shepard recently spoke to some England fans outside a pub near Wembley.

Ben: So, what do you think about Capello being sacked as England manager?

Fan: I think that the FA have finally made a right decision, England need a fully British manager so the players can actually understand what the manager is saying to them.

Ben: Does that mean you think that Capello wasn't giving his instructions across clear enough?

Fan: Yes, entirely. I couldn't even understand what he was saying in the press conferences and if the players could not understand his instructions then how could they peform up to standard.

Ben: Any ideas for who you would like as manager?

Fan: I don't really mind as long as they are a top quality manager and British

Many different managers have been linked with the job and we at Sky Sports are sure that the FA will recieve plenty of applications. Sky Sports will be right on the news of new manager as soon as it is released. So watch this space...
FALogo_228x330.jpg

Best of luck Ross. Whats your plans for the side?

skysports.png

F.A Unveil New England Manager
The FA today released who they had signed as the new England manager, former Aston Villa manager, Martin O'Neill. There were many contenders for the job with the bookies even giving Steve McClaren odds of 15/1 to return.
Martin O'Neill recently resigned as manager of Aston Villa after Randy Lerner and him disagreed over the sale of James Milner. Martin O'Neill led Aston Villa to the Carling Cup final last season and unfortunately lost 2-1 to Manchester United and in O'Neill's first press conference as manager, he said "I hope to lead England to the World Cup Final just like I did Aston Villa in the Carling Cup but with England, hopefully with England I can lead them to win it."
Martin-ONeill-001.jpg

Martin O'Neill will take the roll of the 13th England Manager
Many of the people of England are pleased to finally see a decent British manager take control of England. With Sven Goran Eriksson and Fabio Capello being the only non-british England manager's ever. O'Neill has said that even though he is Irish he is extremely honoured to have recieved the job as manager and has admitted that there will be changes in squad selections and that some silverwear will be coming to Wembley. He has said that he will concentrate on young players just like he did at Villa. This means that players such as Frank Lampard, John Terry, Steven Gerrard and current captain Rio Ferdinand could be out of the question. Martin has revealed that players such as Ashley Young, Jack Wilshere, Michael Dawson and Daniel Sturridge will finally get their chance to shine in an England shirt. O'Neill also said that there will be some new staff coming in and possibly a new captain.
rio-ferdinand-01.jpg
MichaelDawsonEnglandJun2010_2462479.jpg

Will Michael Dawson take Rio Ferdinand's captaincy and number 5 shirt away from him?

LOL @ Dawson, i found he's fairly **** in FM, but whatever..

Nice start Ross, different to your Zidane story, will you be switching to perspective, or just doing straight SSN articles etc.?

LOL @ Dawson, i found he's fairly **** in FM, but whatever..

Nice start Ross, different to your Zidane story, will you be switching to perspective, or just doing straight SSN articles etc.?

I'm probably going to vary from news articles to perspective etc.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

skysports.png

O'Neill Releases Multiple Members of Backroom Staff
New England manager, Martin O'Neill today confirmed that he had released former assistant manager, Italo Galbiati, former coaches, Franco Baldini and Massimo Nerri and former goalkeeping coach, Franco Tancredi. All these men were brought in by Fabio Capello when he became manager and it means that England's backroom staff now only consists of British citizens. Martin has not yet confirmed who will be taking over every role however he has announced that Stuart Pearce will move up the rankings and instead of being the U21's manager he will now become the Assistant Manager for England. This means that England are now without two coaches and an extra goalkeeping coach. We are sure that it won't being long before Martin O'Neill announces the new men for these roles.
Stuart-Pearce-and-England-002.jpg

Stuart Pearce was great as U21 manager, but can he step up to take on the role of assistant manager?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I still can't get over how happy I am to recieve the job as manager of England, it's really great. I'm still settling into the whole regime of managing a nation instead of a club. I have already set my targets for what I want to do with the club and one of those targets is to make sure England go higher than seventh in the FIFA World Rankings.

fifa-logo_0.gif

I today recieved an e-mail from FIFA informing me that England were currently seventh in the rankings. I looked at who was above us, Russia, and I thought to myself 'We'll Have Them'. Sixth isn't a bad target and personally I think we can finish a lot higher than that.

The search for replacements in the backroom is still on with me still not hiring a U21 or U20 manager and if my England squad is going to revolve around youth then it is extremely terrible to have vacant spot in both these positions. However, I think that it won't be long before those spots aren't vacant. It didn't take long to fill the other positions.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

86608962.png

Martin O'Neill today announced the whole of his new backroom staff for the upcoming World Cup 2010. All of the staff are British and many fans believe that these are brilliant selections by Martin and will definately help behind the scenes. Martin O'Neill's new backroom staff now consists of:

stuart-pearce-england.jpg

Stuart Pearce
Assistant Manager

0,,10268~7197016,00.jpg

Steve Holland
U21's Manager

seaman_280x390_824545a.jpg

David Seaman
U20's Manager

NoelBlake_Training_1.jpg

Noel Blake
U19's Manager

0,,10327~8982865,00.jpg

Steve Wigley
Coach

Redknapp_Jamie_564272.jpg

Jamie Redknapp
Coach

brian_eastick.jpg

Brian Eastick
Coach

Joe-Jordan-Portsmouth-001.jpg

Joe Jordan
Coach

clem088005a5.JPG

Ray Clemence
Goalkeeper Coach

144858011-28102009031105.jpg

David Fevre
Physio

skysports.png

INJURY PROBLEMS FOR ENGLAND
Martin O'Neill will be without some top players when he announces his 26-man squad to face Holland, as many star players are injured.

injuries.png

Martin O'Neill has already revealed that he will concerntrate on young player, however these injuries may lay path for some young players that will suprise many if named in the final squad.

86608962.png

Martin O'Neill today named the 26 man squad that has been chosen for the friendly against Holland. The squad included a lot of suprise players, and it definately includes young players with the oldest player there being 25.
Goalkeepers

Joe Hart
Scott Carson
Alex Smithies

Defenders

Miles Addison
Michael Dawson
Michael Mancienne
Kyle Naughton
Nedum Onuhoa
Micah Richards
Ryan Shawcross
Chris Smalling

Midfielders

Lee Cattermole
Tom Cleverley
Kieran Gibbs
Jordan Henderson
Adam Johnson
Aaron Lennon
James Milner
Jack Rodwell
Jack Wilshere

Forwards

Andy Carroll
Nathan Delfouenso
Wayne Rooney
Daniel Sturridge
Theo Walcott
Danny Welbeck

Many fans are in outrage that Martin has left out many players they regard as 'stars' such as Steven Gerrard and John Terry. Martin bounced back saying "if you don't have confidence in the team, then don't support it. All these players have performed well for their clubs and deserve a chance. All those 'stars' were young once remember". Powerful words coming for the new manager, but who is right, Martin O'Neill or the majority of England fans? We will soon find out when The Three Lions take on Holland.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

MASSIVE INJURY BLOW FOR ENGLAND

kyle-naughton-159297515.jpg

England's newly called up, right back, Kyle Naughton was today ruled out for 4 months after breaking his ankle in a pre season match with Tottenham. Kyle had only just been called up my new manager Martin O'Neill as was looking to get his first full England cap, Kyle has been left devestated after the injury and is targeting to be fit for the World Cup.
O'Neill has drafted in another Tottenham right back to replace him, the other Kyle, Kyle Walker. Walker is happy to be called up but upset that his friend Kyle Naughton won't be able to play with him for a while.
O'Neill is confident that Kyle Walker will be able to fill in for Naughton and hopefully perform against Holland.
KyleWalker_Profile.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

attachment.php

NEW ENGLAND CAPTAINS NAMED FOR THE UPCOMING ENGLAND MATCHES
Martin O'Neill today revealed who will be taking on the roles of captaincy in the upcoming friendlies and World Cup Qualifers. Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard both lost the captain and vice-captains roles, with two new fresh faces coming in.

Wayne Rooney was named as captain of England and many see this as a good choice as he is the most experienced England player in the current young squad.
Wayne-Rooney-001.jpg

Wayne Rooney filling in as captain earlier in the season
Martin O'Neill then named Michael Dawson as his vice-captain and this was no suprise to many fans as he is the oldest member of the England squad at the momment. He led Tottenham to Champions League football as captain, let's hope he can support Rooney and lead England to World Cup success.
Michael-Dawson-Totenham-H-001.jpg

Michael Dawson celebrating after Tottenham secured fourth position
http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Images...rofile.ashx/KyleWalker_Profile.jpg?as=1&w=620

Today I stepped out of a football stadiums tunnel for the first time as England manager. The atmosphere was amazing, it was just like being in a final, and it was only a friendly match! Away aswell! As I made my way up the tunnnel I slowly saw the Amsterdam Arena appear before my eyes.

ajax_26320_569579.jpg

I could hear the drums of the England fans and the support was fantastic. I lead my first 11 out and was hoping to prove to all the fans that believed the young players weren't good enough. I decided to play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and told the lads this at breakfast. I also told them the team that would start against Holland...
hollandvengland.png

Looking at the two sides, our team was definately less experienced but I still had faith in the squad and was definately hoping to come away with at least a draw...
hollandvengland2.png

The match finished at 3-2 to Holland, which I was happy with as we were playing a top team and our squad did have some injury problems. I was extremely happy as we took a 2-0 lead and Andy Caroll got his first goal for England. This meant that there was a problem with our defence as they bounced back and made it 3-2. However, if you look at the stats this was a match that England should have won. I'm proud with the result, I just hope the fans are...

brilliant updates mate, love the depth of your writing, loving this but unlcuky aganst holland,

Great Result with such a young inexperienced squad.
I found managing England rather hard because my players Morale always seem to be very bad.
Whereas the U21's are much better. Strange.
Good luck, loved it so far.

skysports.png

ENGLAND FANS HAPPY WITH HOLLAND RESULT

Gelsenkirchen,%20England%20fans.jpg

England Fans After the Holland Game
Fans were today speaking on an un-official forum about the previous Holland friendly and have recently seem to have come to terms with Martin O'Neills idea of a young squad. The fans say they were happy with the result as England played an inexperienced squad and still got two goals against one of the best teams in the world.
Many fans were also speaking about Andy Carroll who scored on his debut and also had the most amount of shots in the match. They said that he is one player who they definately want to start every game when fit.
Andy+Carroll.jpeg

Andy Carroll after scoring against Holland

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

86608962.png

Martin O'Neill today announced the 26-man squad he has selected for the World Cup Qualifiers against Slovenia and Croatia. The squad is yet again made up of young players but with a couple experienced young players added too.

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart
Scott Loach
Alex Smithies

Defenders

Miles Addison
Ryan Bertrand
Michael Dawson
Michael Mancienne
Nedum Onuoha
Micah Richards
Ryan Shawcross
Chris Smalling
Kyle Walker

Midfielders

Lee Cattermole
Tom Cleverley
Kieran Gibbs
Aaron Lennon
James Milner
Jack Rodwell
Jack Wilshere
Ashley Young

Forwards

Gabby Agblonlahor
Andy Carrol
Wayne Rooney
Theo Walcott
Daniel Sturridge
Danny Welbeck
The squad seems to have improved slightly for the Holland game with Ashley Young and Gabby Agblonlahor coming in. They both missed out on the previous game due to injury.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

attachment.php

ANOTHER MASSIVE INJURY BLOW FOR ENGLAND

1427397170-10012010232716.jpg

It was today confirmed that the injury Wayne Rooney suffered a dislocated shoulder against Aston Villa this weekend. It has ruled him out of football for seven weeks. This has meant that he will not be able to play for England for some time and won't be able to play against Slovenia or Croatia. This has meant that manager Martin O'Neill has had to draft someone in to replace him. Martin chose England U21's player Nathan Delfouneso.
nathan-delfouneso_1681455c.jpg

Nathan training with the rest of the squad earlier today
Fans are upset to see their captain injured and that means that Michael Dawson will have to step in and take on the role of captain. It is still unknown whether a vice-captain will be named.