I really fancy this challenge but how do I take charge of both teams and how to do I get to load all the San Marino players? Can anyone help?

I really fancy this challenge but how do I take charge of both teams and how to do I get to load all the San Marino players? Can anyone help?

to load all sammarinese players you need to use a custom database, it's one of the small medium large size options, then select nation, san marino include all players of nationality.

then you should be able to select to control both a national team and a club team from the start anyway through one of the options there.

I promised myself i'd do a big update when i qualified for the finals of a competition with the NT for the first time in the save and finally here it is :D

So, with the national team here's the group I qualified from and the years results :

View attachment 366505 View attachment 366506

And here's the best player in each area of the team:

gk:View attachment 366507 Def:View attachment 366509 Mid:View attachment 366510 St:View attachment 366511

As it's easier to progress with the club I've also won 3 champions leagues and pretty much dominated domestically after taking years to eventually break the dominance of Juve, If anyone wants to see and specific screenshots just ask :)

I promised myself i'd do a big update when i qualified for the finals of a competition with the NT for the first time in the save and finally here it is :D

So, with the national team here's the group I qualified from and the years results :

View attachment 366505 View attachment 366506

And here's the best player in each area of the team:

gk:View attachment 366507 Def:View attachment 366509 Mid:View attachment 366510 St:View attachment 366511

As it's easier to progress with the club I've also won 3 champions leagues and pretty much dominated domestically after taking years to eventually break the dominance of Juve, If anyone wants to see and specific screenshots just ask :)

what tac are you useing for the club?

With the Club im in 2015 and i hold the Italain cup, waiting for the Euro's next season. As for National team, still shambolic, yet to win a game.

Yeesh, Serie B is tough.

Just made promotion via playoffs last season, having gone behind in the first leg of the final.

In 10th in Serie B, 14 games in. Hoping for promotion again, though it'll be very tough and even harder to stay up!

Drew an NT match against Bulgaria, 1-1 and went ahead against Latvia only to concede 2 in the last 10 minutes due to fatigue!

Luckily, the NT is playing some decent football, scoring around one a match.

Just started this challenge recently and mucked up on last game of the season to see my side drop from 1st to 3rd. I did win in the play-off semi final 2-1 on aggregate but lost in the play-off final 2-0 on aggregate :'(

So I started this today and the squad is of a good standard for Serie C1 to start off with but I signed about 6 players all on free transfers and won the first game of the season away 4-0 and lost my first game with the NT 4-0 to Bugaria.

A quick question about the club. I am already making a loss finance wise the balance has gone from about 500k to 100k in about 2 months despite me being about 8K under the wage budget has this happened to everyone early on or just me and can it be improved as you move up?

Been playing this for ages now, got the club to a great standard and got some top regens but they all choose Italy instead! Is there any tips for getting around this?

This isn't as popular as FM12, shame really. You know when you get a TV Deal does it comes as a lump sum or parachute payments because I don't think I'm relieving TV money which is holding me back.

A few screenies from my game, just finished the 2022-2023 season.

1185443_508402522569595_573820060_n.png

^ best National Team result so far, although I have beaten Belarus 3-0 and Andorra 4-0 before.

1146656_508126135930567_801515417_n.png

^ Had no luck with regens yet, this is the best and he wasn't even made by me, he came from Fedarioaonze Sammarinese or something.

1150123_508345982575249_919935296_n.png

^Retained the title, my first title with San Marino, before that we only had Serie C1/A and an Italian Cup to our names.

1157636_508352925907888_452038827_n.png

^A treble of some sorts :p.

1005243_508116092598238_257773714_n.png

^Last years youth intake wielded a good player of some sorts, not sure how good he'll be but I'll do my best to make him the best he can be, with his influence he could be a future captain of the national side but he's rejecting call-ups at the moment.

​Season 2023/2024.

Another season, and another of little progress to be honest.

While we managed to win another 3 trophies only 1 of them was any good. We were knocked out in the Quarters of the CL and a loss on penalties in the Italian Cup meant we managed to lift the Italian Super Cup, The European Super Cup (Europa win last year) and our 3rd Serie A title in a row.

7nuA1nz.png

^ 3rd Serie A title in a row, a bit easier than the last one.

5sg.png

^Two Super Cups in a row, hopefully a third next season.

4KBC2Gl.png

^ Our third trophy of the season, pretty awful 'treble'.

Youth Intake with the club was good, just the good players were all Italian which was ****** annoying. Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching were both upgraded which managed to help produce a star of the future, just a shame he's Italian.

View attachment 378846

^The best player from the Intake, hopefully next years best is Sammarinese.

View attachment 378849

^This was the best player from San Marino, with two 5 stars produced and both of them Italian maybe I was bit too harsh on this kid, he may be decent and will for sure be a future National Team First Teamer as it's still pretty awful.

Year 2023.

I'll do National Team updates in yearly blocks.

A good year for us, the team still suck and we're overachieving massively but it'll get better for with 4 good players coming through hopefully we'll get even better.

We rose to record high world ranking of 99 this year but dropped into the 120's later on.

dOJurgP.png

^Our yearly results, started well but fell away, still our best year by a distance.

View attachment 378850
^Our current best prospect, being tutored and on training schedules to better him as a player hopefully.

Decided to start the challenge, any tips when just starting up? Does making your manager Sammarinese help in any way (other than language of course)? Good signings for the first season?

Started my first ever go at this challenge last night and after about 18 years of playing these types of games (from Premier Manager on the Sega Mega Drive right through to FM13) I am as excited about this challenge as Ive ever been. My experience in FM has mainly been LLM but with limited success, hopefully that can all change. THIS is going to be the save that I talk about to my friends, THIS is going to be the save that gives me the confidence for FM14 success, THIS is going to be the save where after 18 years I finally come of age.

San Marino Calcio:
Only just finished Pre-Season of season 1 but just wanted to share what Ive done so far…

• Brought in a Belgian coach and a Scottish scout (mainly just because of their attributes)
  • Lost 4-3 AET to Reggiana in the Cup.
  • Optimised the training schedule played some friendlies with mixed success.
Transfers In:

Sean Thornton – Signed from Aberystwyth, I believe he has something to offer at this level. Experience of playing at the highest level in England and hopefully he can help us out.
Troy Hewitt – Young striker from QPR, will mainly be a backup but gives us another option up top.
Maxime Partouche – Signed from France, he was on an Amateur contract and wanted 3k per week to join us, we agreed and he will be my number 1 winger. Still only young too.
Steve Vandenbergh – Towering Belgian centre half signed on a free. At 6ft 5in he should be dominant in the air!
Christian Arrieta – Experienced Right back in quite a young team.
Xabier Galan – Young Spanish left back signed for 12k, he will be first choice and should improve too.
Vincent Pericard – Experience and an eye for goal. Hoping he can re-find his Portsmouth form.
Baldur Adalsteinsson – Versatile midfielder. 32 years old, signed on a free. First had him on FM when he was about 26 so hes a player I know well. Will also tutor my best Sanmarinese prospect from the youth team.
Castelli – Cant remember his first name but an experienced Italian keeper signed on a free as I sold Gianluca Vivan.
Ricardo Chara – Loan signing at centre back from Udinese.

National Team:
Cancelled my friendly with Armenia as I didn’t see what good it would do playing a team ranked 150 places above us. Instead I arranged a friendly away to Mauritius.
An annoying glitch where when I submitted my squad, it was then changed and Andy Selva and Damiano Vanucchi were left out even though they were fit, not sure why that happened but I definitely included them and then they were gone!?!

Mauritius 1 – 0 San Marino

I could take that result if we had played well but we were second best all night. Mauritius had 2 goals disallowed and we only created one real chance of note. Perhaps the long flight took its toll on the players but either way it doesn’t bode well for our match against Poland in 3 weeks.

Any thoughts or advice?

Started my first ever go at this challenge last night and after about 18 years of playing these types of games (from Premier Manager on the Sega Mega Drive right through to FM13) I am as excited about this challenge as Ive ever been. My experience in FM has mainly been LLM but with limited success, hopefully that can all change. THIS is going to be the save that I talk about to my friends, THIS is going to be the save that gives me the confidence for FM14 success, THIS is going to be the save where after 18 years I finally come of age.

San Marino Calcio:
Only just finished Pre-Season of season 1 but just wanted to share what Ive done so far…

• Brought in a Belgian coach and a Scottish scout (mainly just because of their attributes)
  • Lost 4-3 AET to Reggiana in the Cup.
  • Optimised the training schedule played some friendlies with mixed success.
Transfers In:

Sean Thornton – Signed from Aberystwyth, I believe he has something to offer at this level. Experience of playing at the highest level in England and hopefully he can help us out.
Troy Hewitt – Young striker from QPR, will mainly be a backup but gives us another option up top.
Maxime Partouche – Signed from France, he was on an Amateur contract and wanted 3k per week to join us, we agreed and he will be my number 1 winger. Still only young too.
Steve Vandenbergh – Towering Belgian centre half signed on a free. At 6ft 5in he should be dominant in the air!
Christian Arrieta – Experienced Right back in quite a young team.
Xabier Galan – Young Spanish left back signed for 12k, he will be first choice and should improve too.
Vincent Pericard – Experience and an eye for goal. Hoping he can re-find his Portsmouth form.
Baldur Adalsteinsson – Versatile midfielder. 32 years old, signed on a free. First had him on FM when he was about 26 so hes a player I know well. Will also tutor my best Sanmarinese prospect from the youth team.
Castelli – Cant remember his first name but an experienced Italian keeper signed on a free as I sold Gianluca Vivan.
Ricardo Chara – Loan signing at centre back from Udinese.

National Team:
Cancelled my friendly with Armenia as I didn’t see what good it would do playing a team ranked 150 places above us. Instead I arranged a friendly away to Mauritius.
An annoying glitch where when I submitted my squad, it was then changed and Andy Selva and Damiano Vanucchi were left out even though they were fit, not sure why that happened but I definitely included them and then they were gone!?!

Mauritius 1 – 0 San Marino

I could take that result if we had played well but we were second best all night. Mauritius had 2 goals disallowed and we only created one real chance of note. Perhaps the long flight took its toll on the players but either way it doesn’t bode well for our match against Poland in 3 weeks.

Any thoughts or advice?

sounds like a great start! good luck, hope you have fun with the challenge :)