he's already looking like he's a decent player, not just by SM standards, he could turn into a real gem for you, especially if you now start to get others through who can reach a similar level in the next couple of years.

he's already looking like he's a decent player, not just by SM standards, he could turn into a real gem for you, especially if you now start to get others through who can reach a similar level in the next couple of years.

it's weird because my coaches (who have good attributes for judging potential) rated him a potential good/leading Serie C1 player at first... then a decent/good/leading Serie B player after one year... now he's floating between good Serie B and decent Serie A potential... they should make their own mind!

he's already progressed much more than I expected when I signed him, he was one of a few decent looking SM regens I signed at the start of first season. Didn't have much hope and the others turned into nothing, but Venerucci has been impressive. Dont know how much room for improvement he has now, new youth intake actually gave me a more promising striker but for now it's Venerucci all the way!

I've had the same thing with my sportkring sint niklaas save, tehres a few players I've got that have been with me from the belgian second division B up to the pro league who's value and potential have changed as we've gone up the leagues and upgraded our faclities. 1 players that was meant to be at his best at decent for the second league is now good for the pro league and a couple of my youngsters were only meant to be leading third division B/ decent second league but are now touted as leading second division/ decent pro league.

Gonna start this again, after the next patch/update :)

Just started as San Marino NT manager mid way through the international break so my squad was already picked for me (and it's absolutely awful, lots of better players had been left out by previous management). Anyway, played 2 games, scored 3 goals in both of my games vs gibraltar and belarus, conceded 3 and 5 though! But the striker who had previously scored 1 goal in 42 appearances is now up to 6 having scored 5 in 2 games and is now San Marino's top goalscorer ever!

View attachment 445762

Lots of cause to be optimistic, my team is creating some decent players now.

Just started as San Marino NT manager mid way through the international break so my squad was already picked for me (and it's absolutely awful, lots of better players had been left out by previous management). Anyway, played 2 games, scored 3 goals in both of my games vs gibraltar and belarus, conceded 3 and 5 though! But the striker who had previously scored 1 goal in 42 appearances is now up to 6 having scored 5 in 2 games and is now San Marino's top goalscorer ever!

View attachment 439394

Lots of cause to be optimistic, my team is creating some decent players now.

Tomassini! hasn't been my first choice striker for the NT since early 2014 ;)

I'd like to point out that he broke the record for goals in a season, not overall goals for the NT. Andy Selva - the king - boasts at least 8 international goals! Thoug I'm sure he'll beat that record soon. Selva will always be oldest goalscorer for SM in my save though! go Andy!

Tomassini! hasn't been my first choice striker for the NT since early 2014 ;)

I'd like to point out that he broke the record for goals in a season, not overall goals for the NT. Andy Selva - the king - boasts at least 8 international goals! Thoug I'm sure he'll beat that record soon. Selva will always be oldest goalscorer for SM in my save though! go Andy!

Haha oh fair enough! Most of the San Marinese players that I've made have been central midfielders and full backs, it's really odd!

I'm in 2017 in my save and I got a point of Scotland in wc quals which I thought was pretty epic. I have an amazing striker regen that has made my team way better.

Finished the season with San Marino club team, won the league and champions league, lost in italian cup final in extra time. Very successful season, scored 124 goals in the league, 1 short of the Torino record of 125. Also set a record 42 goals in the Champions League. Just playing out a few seasons and developing the NT now. In the end of the first transfer window I bought Isco (for 38.5m) and a 36 year old Cristiano Ronaldo (for 3m). Outfield player stats:

View attachment 444374

Would also like to share my regen who I bought for 18m 3 seasons ago, he's brilliant, naturally worth 57m now, the highest ive ever seen!

View attachment 444341

Last edited:
How are you guys handling the players with dual citizenships? Just got two good (Azzurri-good...) regens, would they choose San Marino if i let them sit in the reserves until they're 21+? A real waste of potential, but they're already among the best in the nation and I would hate to see them pick Italy.

Also, is there any way to get the Campionato Sammarinese into an ongoing save?

How are you guys handling the players with dual citizenships? Just got two good (Azzurri-good...) regens, would they choose San Marino if i let them sit in the reserves until they're 21+? A real waste of potential, but they're already among the best in the nation and I would hate to see them pick Italy.

Not sure but dual citizenship is surely the most frustrating with regards to this challenge. I've already had 2 of my San Marinese youngsters choose Italy instead.

Ive taken up this challenge. In FM13 I did ok with the NT, got my first competitive win in the WC 2014 quals (2-1 vs Moldova) and then in 2014 I beat Malta 1-0 in the Euro 2016 quals. The key to my success was largely down to Mirko Palazzi playing in central midfield. I see on FM14 he can only play left back or centre back, so thats a real blow. Tomassini looks a real prospect to takeover from Selva and Battistini and Vitaioli will be important players too.

As for the club side...I have signed Vincent Pericard (had him in my first season on FM13 and he was top scorer) but the signings of Liam Walker (Gibraltar International previously at Portsmouth), Shelton Martis (experience CB previously at Doncaster Rovers) and Ruben Zadkovich (from Australia's A-league, even has an Intl cap) have got to be my most important. Got through pre-season (and won my group in the serie C cup), first league game up next.

Well it used to be a real pain in my FM12 save (see this post on my old story thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...es/87029-not-another-san-marino-story-11.html), basically every dual nationality regen would reject SM at least unitl 22 (which became 24 if the player was called up for Italy U19/U21) so yes you really have to freeze their career (I used to loan them out abroad to keep them under the radar) especially if your club becomes very successful and popular as Italy will be mopre willing to call players from your club. Maybe one day SMNT will become more reputable than Italy and the players will start rejecting Italy to wait for San Marino (which indeed happened after I won European championship!)

With that said three years into my FM14 save I'm finding no problems calling up dual nationality players for SM, even when they have very good potential. Maybe it's because they still have ver low reputation, not sure anyway so far so good... hope this lasts!

as for the CS I'm afraid you have to start a new game but maybe some editing expert have a solution?

In real life San Marino are 2nd bottom of their league and have only scored 7 goals in 14 games. Pacciardi and Fogacci were both sent off at the weekend too in a 0-3 home defeat.

We cant do much worse than that can we ;)

In real life San Marino are 2nd bottom of their league and have only scored 7 goals in 14 games. Pacciardi and Fogacci were both sent off at the weekend too in a 0-3 home defeat.

We cant do much worse than that can we ;)

Better hope they pick it up, else we're gonna have to play an extra season to get to the Serie A next year!

Thanks for the answers. Will try to take over the NT then and make my best to convince them!

I dont know how XeNoN has signed all those players and done so well with San Marino .... mind blown