In real life San Marino are 2nd bottom of their league and have only scored 7 goals in 14 games. Pacciardi and Fogacci were both sent off at the weekend too in a 0-3 home defeat.

We cant do much worse than that can we ;)

taking full advantage of this year restructuring of serie C format (ie no relegations this season!), so Xenon no worries next year it will still be serie C1 :)

I've met Fogacci a few years ago (before he was at San Marino) as he played with a close friend and former teammate of mine. Give him credit because I know for sure he regularly gets some of the hottest girls around...

starting this challenge today , hope to do well , ive got time and motivation for this. I will try to post my progress

Last edited:
Last edited:
starting my 5th season , I think ive managed to build a semi decent team for Serie A , hoping to get Europa League at the end in order to grow my reputation. couldnt manage to make a decent San marinese regen yet but my youth facilities are getting better.
SM NT is doing pretty good they won few games over years but I'm not managing them for now , if there is an opportunity I will apply tho. will post SS soon

It has begun...

View attachment 440403

But with a twist...

View attachment 440402

Using FM12 legend Rafaelle D'Aniello, I've taken over Cosmos in the SM league to play alongside San Marino Calcio. Obviously I'll put most of my attention on San Marino, and I'll probably just be instant resulting 95% of the Cosmos games in order to make sure the seasons don't take too long! Haven't took over the national team yet as 3 new teams at the start of the game would have been too much XD Will update at the end of the season! Oh, and I look to already have one decent prospect in the under 19's, meet future SM legend (hopefully) Thomas Lazzari...

View attachment 440401

Manage to power my way through my first season already and it was a pretty successful one. With San Marino we were chasing the leaders Virtus for most of the season and managed to overtake them with around 3 games left to win the league and get promoted to Serie B! Standout players were my first choice strike force of Graffiedi and Rossini (Found from Kandersson's story XD). We didn't do much in the Serie C Cup and lost in the Serie C Super Cup, but that's nothing to worry about as they were never really my big target. Put a screenshot of my squad for the second season in as well to show how it is looking...

View attachment 439505View attachment 439504

Again with Cosmos it was a good season but it could have been better. We managed to win the Coppa Titano and top our group in the CS, however we got beat in the semi final's so we miss out on the Champions League qualifiers and the money which comes with it. I doubt there'll be any real progression here until we earn enough money to turn semi-pro.

View attachment 439502View attachment 439501View attachment 439500

On the national side of things, I haven't taken over the national team but the youngster generated at the start of the game who I showed in my last post has come on leaps and bounds in a year and will be a part of the first team squad this season. Best I got from my youth intake was a potential decent serie B left midfielder, will probably never make it at the club but if he reaches his potential, he could be very important for the national side imo...

View attachment 439499View attachment 439498

How on earth do you get decent players to sign in Serie A? Going into the first transfer window and I've had just about everyone turn me down - players from relegated clubs, championship players, big teams reserve players. The players Kandersson signed are also untouchable...

Also pretty much everyone has turned down a loan move.

How on earth do you get decent players to sign in Serie A? Going into the first transfer window and I've had just about everyone turn me down - players from relegated clubs, championship players, big teams reserve players. The players Kandersson signed are also untouchable...

Also pretty much everyone has turned down a loan move.

don't know if 14.2 has made transfers harder (havent played FM for a couple of weeks now), also don't know if you have won serie B, maybe that gave my team a slightly higher reputation straight away?

anyway you need to target players who are unhappy/transfer listed which might be different ones than those in my save. Also I had players who rejected any approach in july then were willing to join at the end of august so keep trying.

Just had a pretty good youth intake in my second season. Got a striker with good serie A potential, and a winger and a striker with good Serie B potential. All should have a role to play with the national side within a few seasons, although the right winger is partly Italian which may be a problem.

View attachment 438485View attachment 438484View attachment 438483

Also got a few with lower Serie B/High Serie C1 potential, who could become decent squad players for the national team. The main thing I was happy with though, was that out of the 8 best players to come through the intake, only 1 was Italian and the rest were Sammarnirese. I'm thinking this may be down to the restructuring of the staff that I did over the summer, where I got rid of all of the Italian staff at the club. Or it may just be pure luck, we'll see over the next few years I guess...

View attachment 438482View attachment 438481View attachment 438480

Should finish my second season in the next couple of days so will update when I've got through it! Thinking of taking over the national team at the end of the season as well so we can start to see a little bit of progression on that front.

The striker that I posted earlier is tearing it up, just got a hat trick against yemen. He has completely changed the way my team looks.

Second season completed and it was another successful one for both teams. Firstly, we were able to win a domestic double for Cosmos and qualify for the Champions League first qualifying round in doing so. During the summer we managed to beat Bangor City of Wales in the first qualifying round before getting hammered in the 2nd qualifying round by a Cypriot team. The extra money gained should help us push towards the ultimate goal of turning semi-pro and eventually fully professional.

View attachment 438077View attachment 438076View attachment 438074

With San Marino things were a little harder. Always playing catchup to the front two, we needed a win on the last day and to hope the team in 2nd place got beat to go up automatically but it didn't happen. Luckily, we managed to coast our way through the playoffs pretty easily and so we will be playing in the top flight next season. I'm finding it hard to add quality additions to the squad for Serie A, but I'm hoping that as pre-season progresses some better players will become available.

View attachment 438072

On the national front San Marino managed their first victory without me, winning 1-0 away in Liechtenstein with that man Andy Selva scoring the all important goal!

View attachment 438073

I'm already at the start of 2028/29, and the club has established itself as a giant in the Serie A. The only thing really missing now is some European silverware.

For the NT things have not gone that smoothly. In the 15 years since the save started they've managed 4 wins and 5 draws, the last couple of years with me in charge. The biggest problem so far has been the players with dual citizenships, as even the ones Serie B clubs won't look at keeps rejecting my call-ups. The last two intakes, however, have brought me two very interesting players without Italian passports.

A very welcome addition to a squad built around national hero Tomassini and captain Francioni, who's played over 250 games for San Marino. Especially Tomassini has been a fantastic servant for the republic, scoring 33 goals - 3 of which in the historic first official win (4-0 against Gibraltar 2023) - in nearly 100 caps.

Besides these players we have first choice's like these, which makes competing with decent nations nearly impossible.
The lack of success is not due to a lack of talent in the nation, though. Apart from the players below there's a bunch of decent youngsters in my U19 that would be crucial players for the NT. However they would rather wait for their chance with Italy than to represent their native country. Traitors! I still haven't given up on them though. None of my talents have represented Italy at the highest level so there's still a chance they'll come to their senses.
Freezing their careers by putting them in the reserves for a couple of years (and loaning them abroad when they ask for first team football) seems to have worked quite well as none have even been called up to Italy's senior squad so far.

Last edited:
San Marino Calcio

Season:
2013-2014 (Season 1)

League: Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A
Final Position: 1st
Cups: Coppa Italia Lega Pro - Group Stage, Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione - Runners Up
Average Attendance: 921
Biggest Win: 6-0 (vs Como (Home), Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A, 29th September 2013)
Biggest Defeat: 1-4 (vs Frosinone (Away), Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione, 22nd May 2014)
Top Goalscorer: 23 - Nicolo Lolli
Most Assists: 15 - Stefano Sensi
Highest Average Rating: 7.49 (30 apps) - Stefano Sensi
Fans Player of the Year: Nicolo Lolli

View attachment 431584View attachment 431583View attachment 431582

San Marino (National Team)

Year:
World Ranking: 206th

Cups: FIFA World Cup UEFA Qualifying Section Group 8
Final Position: 6th
Biggest Win: 2-1 (vs Bonaire (Away), Friendly, 14th August 2013)
Biggest Defeat: 0-6 (vs England (Away), FIFA World Cup UEFA Qualifying Section Group 8, 15th October 2013)
Top Goalscorer: 2 - Manuel Marani
Most Assists: 3 - Matteo Vitaioli
Highest Average Rating: 6.70 (4 apps) - Matteo Vitaioli

View attachment 431581View attachment 431574View attachment 431569

Last edited:
Haven't played the save since I got to Serie A a few weeks back but now I've reached January and have convinced a few decent younsters (Jesse Lingaard and Angel Correa among others) to join the side next year but we're really struggling in the league at the minute, sitting in an uncomfortable 17th place 4 points of 12th and about 10 points off 11th.

Trying to find a tactic that works is tough.

Im in october 2022 , i just won the Serie A for the first time. Ive got 2 san marinese player in my 1st squad but its really though challenge. But i h?ve to admit I lov? this save but it requires alot of patience.

EDIT: my u20 team is playin copa libertadores , what the actual ****?? lol

Last edited:
Hi. I am in year 2020 and have established myself as a Serie A team and when I discover, that I have made a mistake in the loading phase. I thought that I loaded the correct things, but it shows that I cannot take over the national team. Is there any way I can add something so I will be able to apply for the national team manager post?

I tried downloading the San Marino league, but I cannot add that league when I try the add/remove league option.

Hi. I am in year 2020 and have established myself as a Serie A team and when I discover, that I have made a mistake in the loading phase. I thought that I loaded the correct things, but it shows that I cannot take over the national team. Is there any way I can add something so I will be able to apply for the national team manager post?

I tried downloading the San Marino league, but I cannot add that league when I try the add/remove league option.

you would have to load the edior data containing the league at the start of the save.

Got to love the San Marino board, ask for an increased transfer budget so I could sign a top Brazillian regen in my 2nd Serie A season and they give me an additional ?15m.

Which also means that the defense can receive a much needed rehaul.

Im in october 2022 , i just won the Serie A for the first time. Ive got 2 san marinese player in my 1st squad but its really though challenge. But i h?ve to admit I lov? this save but it requires alot of patience.

EDIT: my u20 team is playin copa libertadores , what the actual ****?? lol

The u-20 Copa Libertadores has a couple invitational spots, a few years back it was Atletico Madrid who got invited, so it might just be that the game has tried to emulate that.