I might try this again, after a patch or two.. :)

Really enjoyed the last one.. so c'mon wheres the list of must get free players from the off kanndersson?!?! :p

yeah waiting for next patch before starting second season as well...

Attacking midfielders Simone del Nero and Luis Boa Morte are the best I've found for first season, check my story thread for the full transfer session ;)

yeah waiting for next patch before starting second season as well...

Attacking midfielders Simone del Nero and Luis Boa Morte are the best I've found for first season, check my story thread for the full transfer session ;)

Sorry if i'm being a bit simple here, but why would waiting for the next patch stop you playing the second season??????

Sorry if i'm being a bit simple here, but why would waiting for the next patch stop you playing the second season??????

because I don't like starting a key season in serie B with a tactic that becomes useless with next ME patch (which ALWAYS happens), plus I wasn't enjoying very much current ME/tactics despite finding success. Though I expected patch to come out earlier tbh... these are the things that tend to spoil a save for me.

I'm going to give this a go, but I'll see if I have the neccessary willpower, because it may just end up like my other attempts, a few games into the season, and I can't be bothered anymore.

I was wondering if there are any other club and country combos that you can do this with. I thought Andorra would be a good one since they have two teams in the Spanish leagues but I am not sure if they are playable. Anybody know if they are? They are 200th currently.

I was wondering if there are any other club and country combos that you can do this with. I thought Andorra would be a good one since they have two teams in the Spanish leagues but I am not sure if they are playable. Anybody know if they are? They are 200th currently.

Andorra play in spanish lower leagues, you'll need to find a database with leagues down to 5th tier I believe - which you should be able to find in the web.

Other similar club/country challenges would be Vaduz/liechtenstein in Swiss; Wellington/New Zealand in Australia; Welsh clubs in England; Canadian clubs in USA.

In the end its always SM for me ;)

I wish it worked with Canadian clubs playing in the MLS, would love to make Canada a top footballing country but the academies in the MLS do not work the same as the ones in the rest of the world. The academy is a completely separate club that you cannot improve. The only way of getting youngsters is through the awful MLS draft.

I found the Vaduz/Liechtenstein one, looks like a good challenge and getting European football every year through the Liechtenstein cup would be a definite bonus.

I wish it worked with Canadian clubs playing in the MLS, would love to make Canada a top footballing country but the academies in the MLS do not work the same as the ones in the rest of the world. The academy is a completely separate club that you cannot improve. The only way of getting youngsters is through the awful MLS draft.

I found the Vaduz/Liechtenstein one, looks like a good challenge and getting European football every year through the Liechtenstein cup would be a definite bonus.

you do have regens at your own club in MLS though (at least you did in previous games), but yes the whole system makes it hard to develop youngsters. MLS is usually so bugged in FM...

Vaduz should be a good challenge this year as SI have introduced the Liechtenstein cup and I think in the future if you win Europa League you can finally qualify for Champions League (Vaduz cannot gain CL spot through swiss league).

Had a thread a couple of years ago: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-challenges/73425-almost-great-vaduz-liechtenstein-challenge.html

I have decided to forego being original for the time being (maybe on a later patch I'll try Vaduz) and take on the Great San Marino Challenge!

The inconsistency of my Udinese team and the fact I already through my maintain the club finances plan out the window has caused me to look for a new challenge. So its time for some lower league managing.

and if you are planning to do it with andorra then I think death ball is extending the spanish leagues again, at least he has done in previous years.

kandersson, I started the challenge but had to restart, since the Campionato Sammarinese database you showed is a good database, but it needs editing as it makes gain nationality type accumulative instead of continuous and makes gain nationality year three, instead of twenty five. So you have to reverse that to avoid cheating.

EDIT: Sammyt's database from last year seems to be 100% transferable without tweaks, it appears.

Last edited:
kandersson, I started the challenge but had to restart, since the Campionato Sammarinese database you showed is a good database, but it needs editing as it makes gain nationality type accumulative instead of continuous and makes gain nationality year three, instead of twenty five. So you have to reverse that to avoid cheating.

EDIT: Sammyt's database from last year seems to be 100% transferable without tweaks, it appears.

I'm currently working on trying to get the reserve teams to play in a league as they are only playing friendlies at the moment and setting it up in the editor to use first team divisions isn't working for me (don't think I got that working last year either).

I'm currently working on trying to get the reserve teams to play in a league as they are only playing friendlies at the moment and setting it up in the editor to use first team divisions isn't working for me (don't think I got that working last year either).
I think your problem may be they have play no reserve fixtures and play no youth fixtures on the competition tab on the clubs in the editor.

So this season has taken a while because I've been busy, but finished the 2019/20 season. Won the League, Cup and Champions League. Very successful season. Scored 109 goals in the league but my top goalscorer was Lamela with 12, goals very spread out. Pretty happy about the season, generated a 4 and a half star San Marinese central midfielder this season too. Going to introduce him into the first team this season, can't wait to see how good he turns out. The Champions League final was odd, won 5-2, gave away 1 ccc, which was my goalkeeper's mistake passing it straight to Aguero! He's getting replace this summer! Have to say Erik Lamela at 38.5million last January seems to have been a bargain. His 19 goals and 25 assists for the season was absolutely brilliant.

View attachment 447260View attachment 447259View attachment 447258View attachment 447257View attachment 447256View attachment 447255

Last edited:
View attachment 447216

Almost done my transfer window. Made an awful lot of money on transfers this summer. Sold one of my wonderkids for 45.5million, thought the offer was too good to turn down, sold Bruma a 2nd winger for 32million and 2 squad/backup centre mids in Maher and Goretzka both for 24.5million. Sold my goalkeeper for 20million and bought in a better one from Inter Milan. Also sold my right back Braitner for 34million and replaced him with someone just as good for 5.5million. Thought my business has been astute and my squad is not much worse off. Got young players that I hope can make the step up (only 1 maybe 2 of whom are San Marinese so far) and made a lot of money in the process. Since my game save began I've had a net transfer spend of -163.125million, so a massive profit, mainly due to this window. If I can bring in a top class striker though, I will. Seem to be difficult to find though. May also bring in a right winger if I find someone good enough too.

As you guys guessed by the name, I don't have any vested interest in any EPL teams or La Liga teams. I'm a fan of Dortmund though. However, playing with different EPL teams and constantly winning the league with 100 points got boring so I decided to do this challenge. I wasn't really interested in sharing my progress but the challenge is so stimulating and really fun. Zidane is one of my favorite players so I decided to use him as coach. Haha

Attached are pictures of my progress. I have only one San Marino WonderKid right now but hopefully that will change next season. The others are other Wonderkids I've acquired in the last 2 1/2 seasons. \

From the pictures, you can see that I achieved LLM Treble, Giant Killer, and Straight A's for club and only First Time Ever for country. The San Marino is 180th in the world, which isn't bad. I'm trying really hard. That's probably the hardest part of this challenge. View attachment 447178View attachment 447177View attachment 447176View attachment 447175View attachment 447174View attachment 447173View attachment 447172View attachment 447171View attachment 447170View attachment 447168

DON'T LOSE HOPE AND YOU CAN BECOME A LEGENDARY COACH!

Last edited:
As you guys guessed by the name, I don't have any vested interest in any EPL teams or La Liga teams. I'm a fan of Dortmund though. However, playing with different EPL teams and constantly winning the league with 100 points got boring so I decided to do this challenge. I wasn't really interested in sharing my progress but the challenge is so stimulating and really fun. Zidane is one of my favorite players so I decided to use him as coach. Haha

Attached are pictures of my progress. I have only one San Marino WonderKid right now but hopefully that will change next season. The others are other Wonderkids I've acquired in the last 2 1/2 seasons. \

From the pictures, you can see that I achieved LLM Treble, Giant Killer, and Straight A's for club and only First Time Ever for country. The San Marino is 180th in the world, which isn't bad. I'm trying really hard. That's probably the hardest part of this challenge. View attachment 435958View attachment 435960View attachment 435962View attachment 435965View attachment 435966View attachment 435969View attachment 435971View attachment 435974View attachment 435976View attachment 435978

DON'T LOSE HOPE AND YOU CAN BECOME A LEGENDARY COACH!

Doing great so far and that SM defender looks awesome :)

Fighting in serie B atm, I'm doing pretty good despite playing some UGLY football!