The Great San Marino Challenge

New FM patch!

One of the fixes:

* Fixed San Marino (club side) does not get any TV Money when promoted to Serie A.

I'm in my second season in Serie A now, managed to survive without any TV rights money at all :p
Wonder if it comes in effect on already started saves. I think it might!

Massive, massive love for this! Hopefully our predictions and DIY TV deals were pretty accurate!

Edit: just got 1.5M for Serie B TV deal, looks like it works!

Last edited:
How do I add the San Marino players? and how do I become San Marino manager (NT) because when i go to nations it isnt there?

How do I add the San Marino players? and how do I become San Marino manager (NT) because when i go to nations it isnt there?

On the bottom right of the screen where you choose your database, you'll see Database Size, click it, select custom, and choose players of nationality - sanmarinense.

To become manager, either wait until he gets fired (unlikely); start as club manager, add an interim manager to the NT, retire him, then apply with your main manager; or, start as NT manager, then do the reverse, adding a club manager and retiring him, then applying.

On the bottom right of the screen where you choose your database, you'll see Database Size, click it, select custom, and choose players of nationality - sanmarinense.

To become manager, either wait until he gets fired (unlikely); start as club manager, add an interim manager to the NT, retire him, then apply with your main manager; or, start as NT manager, then do the reverse, adding a club manager and retiring him, then applying.
Cheers mate :)

Cheers mate :)

No problem.
Tbh, if you're planning on taking both jobs at once, that last option is apparently the easiest. Otherwise, as long as your reputation is increasing, you'll be fairly likely to get it (making your manager SM helps too).
Another easy way is to make yourself U21 manager, using the add/retire manager technique, then do the same for the Senior side.

I'm in control of the NT again, the manager got sacked!
One problem, I know we had this earlier but I can't find the post, half my NT are greyed out! I think the fix was resigning then reapplying?

I'm in control of the NT again, the manager got sacked!
One problem, I know we had this earlier but I can't find the post, half my NT are greyed out! I think the fix was resigning then reapplying?

never had this issue myself, I remember a suggested solution for this was adding another manager to NT then resign, apparently it worked.

never had this issue myself, I remember a suggested solution for this was adding another manager to NT then resign, apparently it worked.

Thanks, I'll try that!

Halfway (nearly) through next season and this is the table:

View attachment 229305

VERY close at the top, I should be alongside Lecce and Pescara really, but I got a really harsh penalty decision against me in the last match and dropped a point. I was absolutely fuming, and the player got a 2 week fine, and dropped to the reserves.

Next match is against 2nd place Lecce and I'm not confident at all! Definitely a match to sit deep and break fast!

Start of season form was good, but even though we've managed to avoid too many injuries to key players, we're in a dip at the moment. Maybe a quick team meeting will bring us back to our original form?

This is one of the most entertaining challenges I have played so far on any fm game, so thanks for that.
Started a couple of days ago and followed your advice, tried to sell all the players (apart from the loan and co-owned ones) and started with a fresh selection, first season has been very good for me

View attachment 229307

View attachment 229308

View attachment 229309

Note: It probably seems otherwise, but both the C cup and C2 super cup finals were won fairly easy.

My key signings were our dear friends Enzo Scorza, Duccio Innocenti, Davide Drascek and Nicola Mingazzini, and also this guy:

View attachment 229324

For, as always, the game decided that Scorza had to be injured for 2 months. I signed Nazzi as his replacement and he did fine, scoring 22 goals.

There is only one question I have to anyone reading this. Can anyone name me a good and solid goalie. Of all the matches I lost 4 were 1-0, and they only had 1 attempt on goal!!!

Last edited:
There is only one question I have to anyone reading this. Can anyone name me a good and solid goalie. Of all the matches I lost 4 were 1-0, and they only had 1 attempt on goal!!!

My current keeper is a Bulgarian called Vladislav Mitev, but he might not come as I'm in Serie B.
I had Juan Scatoni in C1+2 with Marcelo Belmonte as my backup.
Also try Kevin Sommer, fairly good with fair bit of potential too.

@Tacos: sorry mate can't see the first three screenshots, I assume you did the LLM treble? maybe you could try re-uploading them

as for the GK I suggest looking at veteran Italian keepers like Manitta, Coppola or Sereni maybe they can accept serie C1 after they're unattached for a while. My GK in serie C1 was Teodorani on free loan from parent club Cesena.

Serie A - 4th Season

Another year and another great season for San Marino. Was in the top half throughout the season and managed to finish a more than respectable 7th place and runners up in the Italian Cup to Atlanta. Was a shame that I only just missed out on the Europa League on both fronts but at least I'll be able to fully concentrate on the two competitions again next season. I've been extremely busy in the summer transfer window and I feel as though my squad is much stronger than last season. I've got a number of improvements on all fronts in regard to the clubs facilities. Also I was just wondering, is it better to keep asking the board to upgrade the stadium or is it better to ask for a new stadium?

View attachment 229392View attachment 229393View attachment 229394

Nothing really to report on the National side of things, lost every game in qualifying so far and that included a 4-2 defeat at home to the Faroe Islands where I was hoping to get a least a point :S Youth recruitment was alright, only one fully Sammanirese prospect who the coaches give a high potential abillity to. Vincenzo Amabile is yet another good striker to come out of the youth setup, (wish they would give me a defender) but is dual nationality.

View attachment 229405View attachment 229406

Is it just me or do the French seem to produce all of the best regens in Europe. Picked up 2 center midfielders who I hope will give me extra class in the middle of the park which I was missing last year as well as Experienced goalkeeper Issakson from PSV and Yanis Tafer to fight it out for the lone striker role with my French regen striker.​

View attachment 229555

I have a problem with my finances paying tax.I am on my second season in serie a after just staying up 1st season. Im at the end of december and already paid alot more tax than I did the previous season. I started this season after the recent update and started recieveing serie a tv money. I dont know if this is anything to do with it. Any help would be good thanks.

View attachment 229555

I have a problem with my finances paying tax.I am on my second season in serie a after just staying up 1st season. Im at the end of december and already paid alot more tax than I did the previous season. I started this season after the recent update and started recieveing serie a tv money. I dont know if this is anything to do with it. Any help would be good thanks.

it's probably got something to do with the update. having not yet started a new season in my current save due to a lack of time to spend on fm the last few days i wouldn't be able to tell exactly what but my guess is that it's either to do with the fact you now get tv money and that's taxed or they have tweaked the rules on what can and can't be taxded in italy to make it more realistic.

EDIT: not knowing your exact situation or beign able to read teh in game rules atm, it could also be down to taxing a big transfer gain or getting alot more prize money at the end of last season compared to teh previous one or down to sponsorships going up.

Well, another tough slog, but you can sign me up for the big time!!!

We got yet another promotion, unfortunately didn't win the league but 2nd place was more than enough to keep my board happy and ensure we keep our momentum going into Serie A! It was touch and go all the way, with some dreadful spells of 3-0 and 4-0 losses, but we hung in there!

The table:

View attachment 229751

My top scorer was none other than Pescoli. Who? A veteran centre back I got on a free after being released by Siena, he was an unstoppable force at corners, with 28 league goals to his name and a **** of a lot more chances! We also scored about three times more than any other club at corners as well, thanks mainly to him!
Profile:

View attachment 229752

Alexis Abrahim had another good season as well, but was unfortunately for much of the second half, though when we came back the difference in quality up front was very noticeable.

Gulraiz and Sodinha were still unstoppable, though I've drafted in replacements for next season, particularly for Gulraiz who was struggling at AML, but doing quite well as a ST. They also got the most assists in the league thanks to being my corner takers and helping Pescoli get his ridiculous tally.
Gulraiz's replacement:

View attachment 229754

The main area I want to improve is my defence, leaked a LOT of goals which were very very weak, but then I have been playing three at the back for most of the season. However, special credit has to go to my keeper, who was incredible and definitely won us a fair few matches on his own. An incredible shot stopper, Vladislav Mitsev.

View attachment 229755

Got some frankly obscene co-ownership offers, which really helped me in the transfer market.

Youth prospects were again limited, no one stand out except a fully Italian guy!

Finances are a million in the red, woops, don't really care though.

Bring on the big boys! I'm going to tell the board I can do mid-table, then aim for top half I think.
FORZA TITANI!

it's probably got something to do with the update. having not yet started a new season in my current save due to a lack of time to spend on fm the last few days i wouldn't be able to tell exactly what but my guess is that it's either to do with the fact you now get tv money and that's taxed or they have tweaked the rules on what can and can't be taxded in italy to make it more realistic.

EDIT: not knowing your exact situation or beign able to read teh in game rules atm, it could also be down to taxing a big transfer gain or getting alot more prize money at the end of last season compared to teh previous one or down to sponsorships going up.

Well i've done a bit of maths and i've worked out im getting taxed the same amount that my individual tv deal is so i think thats a bug from the update. The serie a money has replaced the individual tv deal i have and for some reason i'm getting that taken out on tax. So i have gone onto fmrte and deleted it to see if thats works which I probs should have done and everyone else will have to do when there in serie a now.

View attachment 229555

seeing how your players bought figures have increased (and I think players wages as well) then tax figures are probably alright.

more money more tax ;)

Trouble is that the national team only competes in a major competition ever 2 years