The Great San Marino Challenge

Not sure on the rules on outside links, especially to potentially rival sites so apologies if I'm not allowed, but here's a fairly good set up that I find helpful:
Football Manager 2012 set piece guide - score from corners, free-kicks and throw-ins » Football Manager Stories

Don't score quite as many as I could (glitch) but it works quite well.
I realise my last season was probably exploiting the glitch, if my CB was my highest scorer, but I was using a downloaded tactic which I no longer am.
It's not a challenge if you cheat.

lol belarus winning the world cup in russia i bet that would go down like a lead baloon! In my game owen coyle is the new manager of barcelona! can't wait to see messi playing the kevin davies role haha

first season finally done sorry it took so long, laptop is a piece of ****!
what can i say undefeated all season, stupidly easy however my strikers conversion rate was appalling.
View attachment 230072View attachment 230073View attachment 230074View attachment 230075View attachment 230076
there were no real stand out performers but Risso surprised me, was only going to be used as a back up but he smashed the goals in. as for Angelo what a beast, yes his wage is too high for that division but i think he's serie A material.

Quick update:

San Marino 5-4 Sampdoria. Sitting in 12th after 7 games so far in Serie A. Still a long, long way to go, but we've just clicked I think. A friendly against Pub Team AFC in the International Break and I think we can get our campaign underway!
(Juventus are currently in 13th! They were even bottom for a while! The start of the season is a crazy place!)

NT news:

We have Kazakhstan in the Euro Quals. My first chance to get a competitive win, and I'm going to be doing as much as I can to get it. Also capping a few dual nationalities who seem to have accepted San Marino!

EDIT: Please ignore all the hype above... 2-0 loss... looks like we'll have to wait another 2 years for a competitive win then! Russia, Germany, Hungary and Latvia definitely won't be targets, I'll probably be playing a 5-5-0!

@kandersson - any chance of an achievement for beating Italy with all (or mostly) dual nationality players who chose SM? I know how much you hate them...

Last edited:
Possibly sign a San-Marinese player from one of the San Marinese clubs for like 5m as that will give them money which they might use to improve their standards?

I'm not even sure I can as they're on amateur contracts, I don't think it would make much difference though.

I noticed for some reason SM league (inactive in my game) has moved up like 500 places in rep and is now around 200 if I'm not mistaken, but regens are always rubbish. Two decent players originally from SM league were actually created in first two years and are still first choice for NT, since then nothing good from there.

I've decided to use three of my NT stars as regular rotation players for the club next season. Once dual nationality starlets accept call-up for SM I plan having at least 7-8 SM players in first team (might have to wait other 3-4 years...); of course final goal is using only SM players!

I'm not even sure I can as they're on amateur contracts, I don't think it would make much difference though.

I noticed for some reason SM league (inactive in my game) has moved up like 500 places in rep and is now around 200 if I'm not mistaken, but regens are always rubbish. Two decent players originally from SM league were actually created in first two years and are still first choice for NT, since then nothing good from there.

I've decided to use three of my NT stars as regular rotation players for the club next season. Once dual nationality starlets accept call-up for SM I plan having at least 7-8 SM players in first team (might have to wait other 3-4 years...); of course final goal is using only SM players!

would it be possible to get one fo them as a feeder club and loan a couple of players to them to speed up development at all?

would it be possible to get one fo them as a feeder club and loan a couple of players to them to speed up development at all?

should be possible but the board never offered me that option. I have feeder clubs in Cyprus and Israel amongst others but no San Marino.

interestingly our local feeder club Rimini (that moved up to Serie B from C2 thanks to our loans...) have a sammarinese feeder club so we have some kind of connection
tongue.gif

should be possible but the board never offered me that option. I have feeder clubs in Cyprus and Israel amongst others but no San Marino.

interestingly our local feeder club Rimini (that moved up to Serie B from C2 thanks to our loans...) have a sammarinese feeder club so we have some kind of connection
tongue.gif

if you ask for a new feeder club at the start of every year then hopefully you'll get the chance to chose your own at some point and can pick one from san marino. also it might be that the clubs have too low a rep.

which san marinese club do rimini have as there feeder club?

if you ask for a new feeder club at the start of every year then hopefully you'll get the chance to chose your own at some point and can pick one from san marino. also it might be that the clubs have too low a rep.

which san marinese club do rimini have as there feeder club?

yeah my feeder clubs have quite a decent rep now, like Valladolid and Caen.

just checked it's La Fiorita since 2009 so I guess they have this partnership IRL. The city of Rimini is actually very close to San Marino.

View attachment 230669

yeah my feeder clubs have quite a decent rep now, like Valladolid and Caen.

just checked it's La Fiorita since 2009 so I guess they have this partnership IRL. The city of Rimini is actually very close to San Marino.

View attachment 230669

they've got it on my save aswell so it must be a real life one, although it's not really helped them much.

Restarted this challenge a week ago, breezed C2/A as you'd expect, but crashed out in the play-off final of C1/A, gutted. I'm just not a good enough manager to get triple A so maybe this could be a blessing in disguise, get a few more good players in this season, go up and be able to put up more of a fight in Seria B.

If I do well I'll post screenies from every season :)

Best year to date (2016-2017). Not only was it the highest finish year in Serie A (5th place), but this was a breakout year from a lot of standpoints. First the finish in the league in which I though was going to end up around seventh but won my last two games with people tired so I had some of my bench in, even if I was favorite in one of the games.

Secondly I got back into the EC this year from the finish in the league, but I also won the EC this year. I though I wouldn't get in due to playing Man City before the group stages, but luckily they had some injuries and I snuck in. Since then I only had to play two teams that I was underdogs in and that was Schalke (semi's) and then Sporting in the finals in which I won in a shootout after a 1-1 game.

Third breakout was finally all my younger guys that I been signing for the past 3 years are finally starting to come into their own. With that note of the players I signed I still only been signing free's so no money being spend and I had 40 million this year (even sold some players for around 10 million) which has helped me build a better youth and training facilities.

I could probably won the league this year and especially next year if I want to spend money on players, but right now just trying to get everything else max out in facilities and keep my finances in check before I start to bring in top players.​

Serie A 2015-2016

Yet another great season for San Marino as a great run in the last 10 games saw us rise up from from 8th in the table to our finishing position of runners up to Fiorentina. We were also able to win the Italian cup without much competition, beating Leece from Serie B in the final. Yannis Tafer was my star man finishing as the top scorer in the league and was backed up by my French regen centre midfielder Jeremie Rapp who was the top assist maker in the league if I remember correctly.

View attachment 230860View attachment 230862View attachment 230863

Onto the next season and I believe that we can challenge for the title this season as I have added some good quality players in the transfer market, getting some very generous so-ownership offers for a couple of youngster in the process. I'm interested to see how we will do in the Champions League as it will be our first delve into European football. Here are the screenshots of some of the young players who I have signed in the summer, the current facilities of San Marino, my transfers for the current transfer window and also a very promising result in the Super Cup against Fiorentina.

View attachment 230868View attachment 230867View attachment 230866View attachment 230865View attachment 230864View attachment 230869View attachment 230861

However, the national team side of things has not been anywhere near as good, finishing my qualifying group with no points, a goal difference of around -37 and a warning off the board that my position may be in jepordy if results and performances do not improve. We are currently just 194th in the world rankings but it isn't all bad news as young striker Raffaele D'Aniello become San Marino's all time top scorer at the age of just 15 after scoring 9 goals in just 8 international games. My youth intake was poor and I only recieved one decent player who was fully Sammanirese.

View attachment 230870View attachment 230871

Just curious how is everyone's finances with the club?