The Great San Marino Challenge

I have achieved 2 promotions to serie b though unable to upload the shots. Though i didnt achieve the serie c treble. Also havent got the lower league scorer as i've had 2 different top scorers. I'm currently on my way to promotion from serie b with a few games to go and in second place.
I have only just taken over NT and now I get why people get annoyed and u have labelled it "the dark days" lol.
I've had no SM regens to note so far just a couple that are the usual SM NT standard but my NT is young at least with lots of progress to make. I won my 1st friendly against american samoa woop woop!

hope to see the screenshots issue solved soon, they're absoultely vital for this thread!

I'd like to post my latest success with the club, I've literally won EVERYTHING ;)

Yeah the screenshot thing isn't good. I've been promoted to serie a consecutive seasons. Used FMRTE for the 1st time. Had to go through playoffs.

Season 3 Update

My third season has been a great one, won Serie B to gain my third consecutive promotion with the Titani. I was really suprised how poor the quality was in Serie B was and I think I gained promotion with about 6 or 7 games to spare. Also managed to beat Napoli in the fourth qualifying round of the Italian Cup but got beat in the first round off Fiorentina.

View attachment 227947View attachment 227950View attachment 227949

My youth intake was brilliant aswell this year and I got two Strikers who are fully Sammanirese with high potential. I also got a decent goalkeeper and right back however they are both dual nationality. I had to hold off intrest from Real Madrid for my dual nationality striker that I recieved when I was in Serie C1.

View attachment 227953View attachment 227956View attachment 227955View attachment 227954

Nothing really special to report on the National team side of things, a win against Lesotho and a draw against Estonia. I got the Faroe Islands in my qualifying groups for the Euro's so I'm hpoing to pick up points against them. In Serie A I've played 6, won 4 and lost 2 so I'm really happy with that start and I think I'll be able to avoid relagation. Gulraiz is proving he can cope in Serie A so far and got a hatrick in one game.

View attachment 227965

My fifteen year old Sammanirese striker Christian Nappo just came off the bench at home to European giants Inter Milan and scored a late equaliser.

View attachment 227971

Last edited:
The Year of the Treble

great to see all your progress in the challenge, here's what I got as of 2017:

View attachment 228075View attachment 228074View attachment 228073

Italian Cup success is OK; Serie A domination was great; but winning Champions League in our first year with a 5-0 thrashing of Bayern in Final... wow!

The truth is life at club is becoming a little boring, and now we have so much money I don't even know what to do with that... luckily I have the NT :)

And 2017 was also the year of the Beat the King achievement: young striker Manel Di Marco finally beat Andy Selva's record of international goals for San Marino

View attachment 228096View attachment 228095

With performances like this Manel eclipsed the King's record of 9 goals, and now boasts an excellent international tally of 14 goals in 20 matches. Di Marco is certainly a decent prospect and is improving nicely via training and loan experiences, though in all honesty if I could play all my best attackers (yep those dual nationality bastards) he would be my 4th choice striker...

Ok my update and screenshots. I've done consecutive promotions to serie a. serie b i had to go through playoffs which contained a very good udinese side. They had struggled at the start of the season but sacked there manager in november then went unbeaten intil the end of the season. Luckily i avoided them in the playoffs. I beat Albinofelle and luckily Vicenza beat Udinese.
I lost the 1st leg 1-0 but won 4-3 at home after extra time and I thought I'd lost on away goals but when the scores are level it's the highest placed league team that goes up! Phew!

View attachment 228118View attachment 228119View attachment 228120View attachment 228121View attachment 228122

I have uploaded the previous season too as i couldn't upload the shots before. I haven't upgraded any facillities as yet and I dont know how people are getting such regens! lol (not jealous)

been reading this thread for a while, inspired me to do a long save of my own.
I'll post screens at end of season but so far its a walk over, half way through season, unbeaten.

It's pretty straight forward until serie b then theres usually a few decent relegated serie a teams plus you have no money with a wage budget lower than some teams pay to 1 player!

It's pretty straight forward until serie b then theres usually a few decent relegated serie a teams plus you have no money with a wage budget lower than some teams pay to 1 player!

try playing champions league with a campionato sammarinese team. it's alot tougher playing against a team that pays 1 player more in a week then you're entire club is valued at.

try playing champions league with a campionato sammarinese team. it's alot tougher playing against a team that pays 1 player more in a week then you're entire club is valued at.

Yeah I bet its like managing the NT.

Yeah I bet its like managing the NT.

difference is that the national team players include people like selva and aldo junior who can cut it in serie b whereas i have a team of amateurs that wouldn't even be as good as the san marino club's reserves.

Trying an experimental game alongside my actual attempt at this.

I downloaded the Sanmarinese league structure and edited the top 3 teams facilties to 20 in each. im going to see if the national team improves quicker like it should.

not aiming for any of the achievements. I will use my other game for that

New FM patch!

One of the fixes:

* Fixed San Marino (club side) does not get any TV Money when promoted to Serie A.

I'm in my second season in Serie A now, managed to survive without any TV rights money at all :p
Wonder if it comes in effect on already started saves. I think it might!

New FM patch!

One of the fixes:

* Fixed San Marino (club side) does not get any TV Money when promoted to Serie A.

I'm in my second season in Serie A now, managed to survive without any TV rights money at all :p
Wonder if it comes in effect on already started saves. I think it might!

It does. Will take affect probably next season if you are currently in a season.

View attachment 228905

So finished my second year in Serie A. Was no where close to fighting for top four place. Although I did get some nice results (was 3-3 in shootouts in the cup) as I went on to winning it. Got some good players to start the year which means that I am slated to already made the ECC for next year.

Also was sitting in 12th place going into the final game and with the win pushed me into ninth. For the last month and a half bounce anywhere from 8th-15th in the standings. Also I know this is like two years old, but San Marino finally got rid of the National coach and I applied but didn't even get a sniff at national coach. So it looks like every other save (since I start out as a Sunday League coach) where I will have to wait around 2022-2025 until I can get the head coaching job for the national team. Still ranked around 208 though. Did get up to 202 early last year.

Yeah what i was thinking, i just started this season, so i guess i'll have one more challenging season before the craziness starts!

Back to back promotions!! Get in!!

View attachment 228972

Was touch and go until the penultimate match of the season, when I absolutely dominated and Alessandria lost! Unfortunately, they then lost out on the playoffs, as I'd have liked to see how they did in Serie B! They've been my unofficial rivals in everything so far, and I'd have loved them to follow me all the way!
It was Vicenza who came up with me in the end.

We had a lot of injuries, at one point, my front four of Gulraiz, Abrahim, Scorza, Sodinha were all injured! My 2nd choice AML/R was out for the best part of a year with cruciate ligament injuries! This definitely hampered our play, and scared me with the lack of squad depth available! A great ST/AML (Ivorian Youth International) signed for me on a free, two days later he gets a 5 month injury on International duty, just my luck!

Finances were still rubbish, so can't improve a thing, my winter money league was stupidly against Serie B teams, so I got no TV money.

NT won a match!!! A friendly against East Timor! I'll take some credit for arranging the fixture and for the manager who succeeded me using the exact same player choices and formation! (I resigned from the NT, couldn't be bothered with it, I'm not normally a fan of international management, but I hope I will come to love it with SM!)

My Sanmarinense team had another excellent year, winning the treble, but I didn't play anything except the CL qualifiers, 2-1 losses both, fairly good result, hoping for a bit more next time round! Maybe 2nd qualifying round! High flyers that we are!

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to Serie B, can't imagine us getting any luck and I think it'll be tough to stay up!