The Great San Marino Challenge

Season Twenty!! - Starting to loose interest tbh :(

Had a horrible summer..Arsenal bid for my 4* left back and central midfielder and the board excepted huge bids!!! Im not even in debt so whats that all about?!!!! Made a few 'plaster' signings to hold the team together temporarily
Had a good season again but the top three totally ripped the league apart and left me for dead in 4th. Got into the CL group stages for the first time and finished the group 3rd and went on to get knocked out in the EC quarters.
Nearly went all the way in the IC but the formidable Napoli beat me in the semi's. Nice tv rights money from the CL so a nice budget for the following season.
Not sure what i can do to break the top three they are very strong.
I have state of the art youth facilities and upgrading my training again for the next season.
On a better note i hit my 900th game in charge!!!! :)

I really need a break through in the league.....im going insane!!!! Screenies below

4B4E3475FC0E22B6BEC73F570B7B6D97A02A052F

5FED3FBA6941C5BB3A66B584C38687748D49A020

Have you got 20/20 rated scouts - scouting Europe & south America?

20 seasons in you should be dominating!

Do you get taken over at any point? I'm in 2019,won the Serie A and the Euro Cup and the club is rich, but I don't want to blow a ton of cash on one player. My most expensive signing is a lad from Barca for 12m, and the second highest is 5.5m. Want some more financial muscle :)

Your game with San Marino is awesome! I would like to congratulate you for sucess! I had a game project with this team, I won the C2 and C1, but had a hard time moving along. First season was easy, I was lucky to be able to sign Cristian Bucchi and Zenoni, Vitaioli and Plasmati worked the goals around, pretty cool stuff. In the next division, I was even more lucky to promote a pacey San Marino promising striker, he ran like a beast and had an ok rating of finishing! 23 goals in the season is not a bad landmaker for an youth! Unfortunatelly, I lost the game, the file corrupted and I had to format my hard drive. :(

I would like to know how you managed to build up your youth system to that level, and how did you exactly balanced so well the club finances. I remember my finances were always insecure :(

Again, you´ve done so well! Congratulations for your deeds!

Do you get taken over at any point? I'm in 2019,won the Serie A and the Euro Cup and the club is rich, but I don't want to blow a ton of cash on one player. My most expensive signing is a lad from Barca for 12m, and the second highest is 5.5m. Want some more financial muscle :)

One guy did on here, I'm in April 2021 and no rumblings of any takeover so far, I have £57m in the bank, wage bill of around £1m a week. I've spent £24m on a player, £18m on another etc, but...I have sold some for BIG money! You should be loaded once in the CL every year, so long as your Serie A TV deal is working?

I have 22m in the bank and get anywhere from 2.5m to 5m in TV revenue. Should be in the CL from here on in. Cheers

Ah... I'm getting ALOT more than that, but I started from the pre bugfix patch - so I manually put in £12m or something as per the guide on here earlier in this thread. It's been rising alot, upto £60m a year now! I don't really need it, the squad is settled/well established, I cannot really find any players who would improve it.

Playing LFC Marshalls update and can't seem to get the SM club job. Started as NT manager and have attempted to get the club job 5 times so far without success.

Does anyone have the link to the guy doing the SM league thing? I can't find it, I;m sure it was only 10-15 posts back?

Maybe use FMRTE to edit your rep higher?

Cosmos in my SM league turned pro now (although they don't seem to have signed anyone to a contract), has anyone else got experiecne of the SM league teams starting to imrpove and go pro?

I am close to 20 years in and every team is Pro except for two (still at semi). League did get up to #12 for the world so that is pretty good with 2 semi teams still. Still no one can do anything in Champs league though.

Yes if you play a save long enough your team will always be sold. I was one of the lucky ones with this save that got a sugar daddy so I was getting like 862M each year for a transfer budget, and no i never spend a dime of it, since I just worked on SM players.

Anyone know how to get both jobs easily with a Sunday League Rep?

Choices - thanks for the info :)

I'm now in 2021, Tre and 145th in the world, been building up my training facilities (inc youth ones), I'm a CL group regular but yet to get a single point. Wage budget is £50k a week, spending £20k.

My problem is work permits.... did you struggle with this? I'm really finding it hard to improve the team this year, I have plenty of scouts out scouting europe and now south america etc - but alot of players (even french/spanish I think) seem to fail work permits, even for loan signings.

I can't really find any decent players who will improve the team, I have some OK players, around the 11-14 stat for the key ones (i.e tackling for defender, finishing for striker).

My problem is work permits.... did you struggle with this? I'm really finding it hard to improve the team this year, I have plenty of scouts out scouting europe and now south america etc - but alot of players (even french/spanish I think) seem to fail work permits, even for loan signings.

Simply...yes. I spend more time searching for players than I do actually paying attention to games, and yes even the CL games, each season. I find about 10-25 guys that are amazing for my team, but can probably sign around 3-5 cause everyone else fails work permits. Although I gotten to the status where all my good guys now are loan players, so hopefully they won't resign and then I will be able to sign them for free or at least a cheap transfer when their contract comes up. Still no parent club yet.

Again thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

Any tips for searching for players? I tend to get the best scouts I can and scout Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Scandanavia, BRazil, Argentina etc. As well as looking at those transfer listed (ticking remove unrealistic targets) and those not transfer listed.
Plus I go through all the released players from the Italian and English teams at the end of the season. Does take time!

Hello there, I'm gonna give this a go to tide me over until 2013 game. I've been pretty successful on the game so far (Getting Fleetwood to the PL was a highlight). I tried this challenge early on when FM 12 was just released and got hammered by teams like American Samoa. My weak point is making tactics for teams who are going into a match as heavy underdogs. Does anyone have any suggestions of defensive tactics they have had success with the San Marino National team?

Season Twenty One - Best season by far...so close

What a great season. Started off bad but a formation switch from 4-3-1-2 to 4-3-3 helped me clean up my act and finish 2nd in the league (my best for San Marino)
Had a great second season in the CL group stages,finished top of the group and didn't concede but lost 2-1 on aggregate to zenit but a nice learning curve.
Quarter final lose again in the IC but im very happy with this formation,might tweak a little and get more wingers but very happy overall. Title cant be far away!!! Screenie below

3226102FC5BA690B2AC73C798DBB25B992920D7C

I'm gonna give this challenge a go...bored out of my mind!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Here goes:
My welcome msg for San Mario - such expectations!
W3DI7.jpg

My first few transfers - mostly frees, but also one I bought for 50k.
M7oSB.jpg

Been playing FM for a while now and fancied a challenge that's a bit different. This fit the bill nicely, so I thought I'll give it a go and see how it goes. I'm currently 31 matches into the first season.

Club Progress so far:

League Progress:

Sitting top of Serie C2/A with 66 points from my first 31 games. Have made a few decent signings but have also sadly been hit fairly heavily by injuries throughout the season.
View attachment 264626

Star Players:

Alexis Carra: Winger who has chipped in with 8 goals and 10 assists in all competitions, and an average rating of 7.07. Influence off the wing is vital to the teams strategy, and causes defenses around the league problems.
View attachment 264627
Francesco Carbone: Wasn't first choice at right-back but has consistently earnt his place in the starting XI, notching up an average rating of 7.30 in all comps. Scored one goal this season, a sensational 30 yard curler, which can be seen here: Lecco vs San Marino - Carbone Goal 90 minutes - YouTube
View attachment 264628
Pablo Counago: A good trequartista who consistently performs, Counago has netted 16 times in 30 league outings, and bagged 4 assists as well.
View attachment 264629

Youth Intake:

The moment of truth came around after an agonizing wait. After successfully convincing the board to improve junior coaching twice throughout the season, youth recruitment once and hiring the best youth coaches I could realistically find, I couldn't wait to see if it paid dividends during the youth intake. The majority of the youth intake were poor at best, with all but two having half star potential. One of the remaining two had 2 star potential, but was Italian nationality. By far the highlight of the intake was a Sammarinese DM/CM rated at 4 star potential, which I couldn't help but think was incredibly lucky. I was even more surprised when he went up to 4 1/2 stars when I got him into my U20's team.

Nicolo Venturini: Will be looking forward to working with this guy and seeing exactly what I can make of him. Good potential, and hopefully national team star in future years.
View attachment 264631View attachment 264632

National Team Progress:

Best result for them was a 1-0 loss to Belarus. It is worth noting that I'm not currently NT manager, as my reputation is still too low to be seriously considered sadly.

Will update on progress as and when interesting things happen.