Reaction score

Grant Axed

Avram_Grant_1705142c.jpg

News broke out today that West Ham manager Avram Grant has been suprisingly sacked before the first game of the season. Grant was appointed West Ham manager on the 3rd June 2010 on a four year deal after impressing many pundits by taking cash strapped Portsmouth to the F.A Cup Final and so to sack him a few weeks after his appointment is a major U-turn by the club's board with many fans voicing their anger at owners David Gold and David Sullivan these look like tough times ahead for the Hammers.

Here is what joint owner David Gold had to say to explain West Ham's decisions:

We do not believe Avram Grant is the right man to take West Ham forward and we believe going into the new season with him in charge would be a big mistake, and so the board has made this decisive decision with the best interests of West Ham United at heart in order to ensure we grow as a football club

When asked about a potential replacement for Grant, Gold replied that they had 'narrowed it down to a few candidates' and that 'an announcement will be made in due course when we have appointed the right man'

We will bring you any news on the vacant magerial role as soon as we get it...

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

West Ham Unveil New Manager
Two days after the sacking of Avram Grant, West Ham have announced Dom Ascroft as their new manager. The appointment is a suprising one as it is his first job as a manager, however people in the game who have worked with him, claim that this appointment is a superb one.
Press Conference
2309742807_9dae52cacf.jpg

Q: You stand here as the new manager of West Ham United, you must be very proud and pleased to be trusted with this position.

A: Yes of course, I'm delighted that the the board have put their faith in me and given me this great oppurtunity to prove my managerial talent

Q: This ones to you David Gold, many West Ham fans are probably unaware of this man you have made the new manager of their club, why did you see him as the most credible candidate?

A: Well he applied for the job as soon as the news broke that we had parted company with Avram and to be honest we were unaware of Dom's managerial attributes ourselves. However in the interview process his hunger, drive, determination and knowledge of the game glowed at he out-shone the many other credible candidates, and we had no doubts he was the right man to take this club forward.

Q: Well after a build up like that from Mr. Gold you must be feeling the pressure to deliver. What are your plans for this club?

A: There's always pressure to deliver in every job and every walk of life so it is nothing new. My aspirations for this club? To make West Ham the best team in the country.

A quiet burst of laughter rang around the room

Q: Do you honestly believe West Ham will become the best team in the country?

A: I know what I believe, the rest of you will have to wait and see.

No more questions please.

The press conference still left more people unsure than convinced about the new manager of West Ham. Is he really serious about West Ham becoming the best team in the country? Well as he said, you'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
mirrorfootball-co-uk-hires.jpg

Let me introduce myself
After the appointment of relatively unknown Dom Ascroft, we did some research to find out who exactly is the new man at the helm at Upton Park.

Dom Ascroft was released by Watford at the age of 17 after being told he wasn’t good enough to become a professional footballer and was snapped up by his boy-hood team Chester City after a short trial. Ascroft broke into the first team in his first season scoring eight goals from midfield to ensure Chester clinched the Conference title and secure promotion to league 2 and was voted Young Player of the Year for the Conference.

After two seasons in League 2 scoring 28 goals in 81 games, Ascroft attracted the attention of many bigger clubs and a deal was struck for a move to Blackpool for £250,000. However in his first game for Blackpool he sustained a serious knee injury and was out for 10 months. Ascroft tried to return several times but the injury persisted and forced him to retire at just 23.

However he was determined to carry on in football and took his UEFA coaching badges and returned to Chester as Mick Wadsworth’s number two. The pair impressed in terrible circumstances as the club was wound up. Wadsworth was soon appointed manager at Hartlepool and took Ascroft with him. They guided Hartlepool to promotion to the Championship in just two seasons however Ascroft parted company to become youth team coach at Manchester United. After learning from and impressing Sir Alex Ferguson, he advised Ascroft to start looking for a managerial post himself and now here he stands as manager of West Ham.

It will be very interesting to see how he gets on…

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Good start :D
Thanks a lot :)

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Pre Season Review

Squad

Goalkeepers

Robert Green
Ruud Boffin

Defenders

Jonathan Spector
Manuel Da Costa
Herita Ilunga
Winston Reid
Matthew Upson
Daniel Gabbidon
James Tomkins
Lars Jacobsen
Julien Faubert

Midfielders

Valon Behrami
Radoslav Kovac
Scott Parker
Jack Collison
Mark Noble
Kieron Dyer
Pablo Barrera
Junior Stanislas
Luis Boa Morte

Forwards

Victor Obina
Benni McCarthy
Frederic Piquonne
Carlton Cole

We have a decent side but we are lacking a top striker to score the goals.

Transfers

On a limited budget I couldn't bring in too many players however signing a top striker was my main target

Christian Benitez - £2.1 million

article-1278328-09921D00000005DC-704_306x423.jpg

The pacey striker will lead the line and will be relied on to score the goals.

Colin Kazim - Richards - £875,000

richards2_33912t.jpg

Colin will provide cover in striking and right wing department

Pre Season Friendlies
East Fife 0-5 West Ham - Cole, Obina, Upson, Barrera, Benitez

Crystal Palace 0-2 West Ham - Obina, Boa Morte

Sportul 1-1 West Ham - Kovac

ACU Arad 0-3 West Ham - Nouble x2, McCarthy

Petrolul 1-6 West Ham - Obina x2, Cole, Upson x2, Sears

Burton Albion 0-1 West Ham - Benitez
A good pre season winning five and drawing one, scoring 18 and conceding two. Now we're ready for the big kick off...

premier_league_feature.jpg

The Big Kick Off

View attachment 121427
Matchday 1: West Brom vs West Ham

View attachment 121426 2 - Reid (35) , Mulumbu (62)

View attachment 121428 3 - Odemwinge o.g (30) , Gabbidon pen (52) , Parker (60)

Man of the Match

Victor-Obinna~1.jpg

On loan striker Victor Obinna was a constant threat to the West Brom defence claiming two assisits

Matchday 2:

Newcastle 4-2 West Ham - Upson (3) , Obinna (60)

Man of the Match

xisco_1084809a.jpg

Spanish forward Xisco was unstoppable scoring two goals.

View attachment 121430

League Cup 2nd Round

West Ham 4-1 Southampton - Benitez (4,29, 92) , Reid(53)

Man of the Match

christian-benitez_1469894c.jpg

The summer signing marked his first start by scoring a classy hat - trick

Matchday 3

West Ham 0-1 Tottenham

Man of the Match

gareth_bale_998337c.jpg

Bale's pace caused us problems all day as he set up the only goal of the game.

August Review

Not a great month, picking up 3 points out of a possible 9, but its still early days and I'm sure we will improve.

Player of the Month

obinna-westham-455.jpg

Obinna had a good month, scoring two goals and getting two assists

Last edited:
looks good could you have a look at my story in my sig

September Review

Matchday 4:

West Ham 2-1 Wigan - Obina (30) , Benitez (82)

Man of the Match

Charles-N-Zogbia-Wigan_2494660.jpg

Charles N' Zogbia had a fine game on Wigan's left flank scoring his teams only goal and was unlucky to end up on the losing side

Matchday 5:

Birmingham 3-5 West Ham - Upson (2) , Benitez (62, 83, 89) , Kazim - Richards (72)

Man of the Match

christian-benitez001.jpg

The Ecuador international came off the bench to score a magnificent hat - trick to give us the three points.

West Brom 2-1 West Ham - Benitez (13)

Man of the Match

0,,10366~5739073,00.jpg

Graham Dorrans had a superb match, with the Scottish midfielder setting up both West Brom goals to knock us out of the Carling Cup

Matchday 6:

West Ham 1-3 Chelsea - Upson (80)

Man of the Match

florent-malouda-ch_1447316c.jpg

The Frenchman Florent Malouda was a class apart bagging a goal and an assist.

Rreview of the Month

A decent month for us winning two and losing one in the league, however it was dissapointing to be knocked out of the League Cup in that fashion.

Player of the Month

Christian Benitez

ChristianBenitezNew2.jpg

The striker was in prolific form netting 5 goals

Last edited:
Doing well mate. Little confused how you put Dorrens being MOTM for Wigan and putting West Brom but mistakes happen. Good Luck for the rest of the season. :)

OMG poppa we have to do a joint one of these!!! pretty good start mate keep going...

Doing well mate. Little confused how you put Dorrens being MOTM for Wigan and putting West Brom but mistakes happen. Good Luck for the rest of the season. :)

Aha yeh sorry I meant to put West Brom, I'll change it now
Thanks for the comment

OMG poppa we have to do a joint one of these!!! pretty good start mate keep going...

Start your own story first and I'll se if your any good ;)
Thanks for the feedback anywyas

great story enjoying it when next updata
Cheers mate, next update in a few minutes...

October Review

Matchday 7:

Blackpool 0-2 West Ham - Parker ( 6 ) , Obinna (81)

Man of the Match

victor-Obinna-nsofor1.jpg

The Nigerian, Victor Obinna put in another eye - catching performance scoring in the 81st minute to make the game safe.

Matchday 8:

West Ham 4-1 Stoke - Benitez (12,49, 72) , Piquionne (89)

Man of the Match

benitez_208982t.jpg

Another scintillating hat - trick from Christian Benitez, the forward has proven to be a marvellous signing.

Matchday 9:

Sunderland 1-1 West Ham - Obinna (72)

Man of the Match

2110122423.jpg

The Sunderland keeper Craig Gordon was in inspired form, saving numerous efforts on his goal

Matchday 10:

Liverpool 2-0 West Ham

Man of the Match

MartinSkrtel_2490262.jpg

Martin Skrtel was a rock in the heart of the Liverpool defence making several key interceptions and challenges to deny us many opportunities

Review of the Month

Our best month so far taking 7 points out of 12, with the 4-1 thrashing of Stoke the highlight of the month.

Player of the Month

Loyal-or-lacking-ambition.jpg

Our captain Scott Parker led by example this month, bagging a crucial goal against Blackpool and also setting up a goal against Stoke.

Good Story,
Try and vary your layout a little just to make it a bit more interesting, e.g. News Flashes, Random Events such as the one where you gave us the managers background information

looks good so far hope it is as good as dans cant touch this from fm10 best of luck

do want do joint one coz i never done one

Not right now as I'll be to busy on this one to be honest, plus exams and things coming up soon so maybe later. Thanks for the offer anyway

Good Story,
Try and vary your layout a little just to make it a bit more interesting, e.g. News Flashes, Random Events such as the one where you gave us the managers background information

Okay thanks for the advice, updates will be more varied and detailed later but my game is in January by the time I started this story and I can't really remember much about the games etc.

looks good so far hope it is as good as dans cant touch this from fm10 best of luck

I hope so too ;)
Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.