great story mate really enjoying the layout as it is easy to read keep it up

November Review

Matchday 11:

West Ham 1-1 Man United - Benitez (49)

We planned to slow the game down and play narrowly in order to restrain to Man United. We achieved this and were heading for the three points until Anderson came off the bench to crush our dreams with an equaliser in the 5th minute of added time

Man of the Match

3023524397-25102009140726.jpg

The striker continues to impress with another impressive performance and a goal to match

Matchday 12:

West Ham 0-4 Arsenal

I set out the team in a similar way to the Man United with the main emphasis on trying to stop them from playing. However Arsenal's ball retention and pace to get in behind our defence really killed us

Man of the Match

Andrei__arshavin_1366423c.jpg

Arshavin was on fire for the Gunners, scoring twice and we couldn't cope with the Russian's movement.

Matchday 13:

Wolves 1-2 West Ham - Parker (22) , Benitez (52)

We needed to get back on track today after a succession of tough games and the lads did exactly that with a decent win at molineux.

Man of the Match

Scott+Parker+West+Ham+United+v+Wigan+Athletic+oETvBwUavSXl.jpg

Parker's goals from midfield have been important this season and he grabbed the first goal today to set us on the way to a vital 3 points

Matchday 14:

West Ham 2-2 Bolton - Cole (25) , Benitez (34)

Not happy with the result letting a 2-0 half time lead slip, but the lads played well and deserved to win and they know they can't let their concentration slip like this again because in this league we will be punished

Matchday 15:

Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham - Benitez (22)

After Benitez gave us the lead in the first half we led until the 70th minute and then another goal in the 84th minute meant we left Villa Park empty handed

Man of the Match

article-1292938689808-0C8D9B51000005DC-434059_636x300.jpg

Sidwell had a fine game in the Villa midfield providing the assist for their winning goal

Review of the Month

Just one win this month however the performances merited more. Letting leads slip near the end of matches cost us dear this month and I will be looking for an improvemant in the coming games

Player of the Month

1336658_full-prt.jpg

The player of the month has to be "Chucho" Benitez as the striker had another cracking month scoring four vital goals.

great story mate really enjoying the layout as it is easy to read keep it up

Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad your enjoying it.

Can we have a screenshot of the league table please?

Yes but, I started this story with my game in January so don't have any league table to give you. :S

There will be one for the January update though... :)

Nice story you have here mate, I like the layout. Your doing very well in the league, KIU!

Write more. It's currently like a Children's book, a few words and then big pictures.

Not too bad mate, could be doing with abit more depth as I feel everything is just the same and you know what your are going to see before you scroll down but as I said not too bad, will try and follow mate :).

Not too bad mate, could be doing with abit more depth as I feel everything is just the same and you know what your are going to see before you scroll down but as I said not too bad, will try and follow mate :).

Very good m8 but i agree with coacgh carter ^^^

Write more. It's currently like a Children's book, a few words and then big pictures.

Thanks for the feedback, and like I said in an earlier post, updates will be more varied and detailed later on as I started this story with game in January and can't remember much about the games etc.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:55 PM ----------

So some people like the simple layout and some people want more detail?
So what do you guys want me to do, or should I try to do a mixture of the two.

i like this mate:) escepially about hartlepool its going to be true this season ... we are going up :)

You seem to be doing alright mate and a scoring lots of goals. I would recomend a defensive signing as you seem to conceed a goal a game. The layout should mix short layouts for boring or low goal games and detailed layouts for big games

great story pal please could you put screenshot of table up cheers

i like this mate:) escepially about hartlepool its going to be true this season ... we are going up :)

Aha, I'm glad your liking the story.

You seem to be doing alright mate and a scoring lots of goals. I would recomend a defensive signing as you seem to conceed a goal a game. The layout should mix short layouts for boring or low goal games and detailed layouts for big games

Yep I agree the defence has been leaky and I do bring in a defender in January so watch this space... ;) Thanks for the advice on the layouts pal, I'll take it on board

great story pal please could you put screenshot of table up cheers

Yep in the January update as I explained because I started this story with the game in January and had no screenshots saved so sorry.

Thanks for the support and the feedback I really appreciate it.

Story is looking good, as people have said the layout needs a bit of work, could also do updates about things outside of the actual football, eg. unhappy players? something like that...

I don't do stories so not really sure but enjoyed reading this one so far, will follow from time to time

December Review

It's a busy month for the Hammers with five games in all including the hectic festive fixtures. It's in an important month for us as we look to climb up the table and gather some momentum to take into 2011.

Matchday 16:

West Ham 1-1 Fulham - Obinna (45)

It was a fairly even game and a draw was probably the fair result. Victor Obinna gave us the lead in fist half injury time by getting on the end of a Stanislas cross. However Fulham grew in strength as the game went on and deserved their equaliser as Murphy levelled in the 74th minute by smashing home from the edge of the box.

Man of the Match

West-Hams-Junior-Stanislas.jpg

The young winger Junior Stanislas was a constant threat on the left flank and put in a lovely cross for Obinna to net the opener.

Matchday 17:

West Ham 5-1 Man City - Benitez (33), Lescott OG, Upson (48, 51), Piquionne (82)

Wow a superb result and clearly our best performance of the season thus far. However things didn't look to be heading this way as Kolarov gave Man City the lead in the 12th minute. The lads fought back and grabbed an equaliser through Christian Benitez and an unfortunate own goal from City centre back Joleon Lescott ensured we held a 2-1 lead at the break. Two quick fire headers after the break from Matthew Upson, from a corner and a free kick sent the Hammers into dream land, and the win was sealed by a solo effort from Piquionne.

Match Highlights

Man of the Match

Matthew Upson

WestHamvManCityAnalysis_Analysis.png

Matthew made several key interceptions and also nodded home two headers from set peices.

Matchday 18:

West Ham 2-0 Blackburn - Stanislas (55), Kazim Richards (78)

A nice, tidy home win with a clean sheet to match. A game we dominated but only made that tell with goals in the second half from youngster Stanislas and a close range header from Richards.

Man of the Match

West+Ham+United+v+Napoli+Bobby+Moore+Cup+Run7g_ke2P5l.jpg

Catlton played the target man role expertly, grabbing an assist and proving a big handful for the Rovers defence by holding the ball up and unselfishly allowing others to run into the space.

Matchday 19:

Everton 2-2 West Ham - Benitez (28, 43)

A dissapointing result given that we lead twice through the brilliant "Chucho" Benitez. However Everton are a class side and showed that by coming back twice and earning a draw that their perfromance probably didn't deserve.

Man of the Match

EvertonvWestHamAnalysis_Analysis.png

The striker was prolific once again, bagging two goals from three of his clear cut chances.

Matchday 20:

West Ham 4-2 Newcastle - Da Costa (35), Benitez (43, 89), McCarthy (77)

Revenge for the dissapointing defeat in matchday 2 at St. James Park.

Man of the Match

benitazbir.jpg

Another eye-catching performance by the impressive striker who continues to justify the praise he his receiving.

Manager's View

We caught up with the manager Dom Ascroft to get his opinion on a cracking month for the Hammers.

Another impressive month for West Ham you must be thrilled?

Yes obviously, I thought the lads gave thier all this month and it showed in the performances and the results we got that people probably didn't expect us to get.

Yep, what would you say was the highlight of December?

Of course, the Man City result was something special and we enjoyed that one but I was equally impressed by our performance against Blackburn. We restricted them to very few chances and kept a clean sheet which is something we have struggled to do.

One last point, another great month for Christian Benitez and he scooped the coveted prize of West Ham's player of the month, just how highly do you rate him?

Clearly from his performances on the pitch he has shown he is one of the best goal scorers in the league. His movement, pace and eye for goal are just a cut above the rest.

Ok thanks for time, keep up the good work

Cheers.

And, dont forget to pick up next week's copy of Four Four Two magazine, where there is a speical article about Dom Ascroft's fist six months in charge of West Ham...

Last edited:
Great win over Man City what formation are you using

Just a simple 4-4-2

Enjoying mate :)

Cheers pal, thanks for following.

Story is looking good, as people have said the layout needs a bit of work, could also do updates about things outside of the actual football, eg. unhappy players? something like that...

I don't do stories so not really sure but enjoyed reading this one so far, will follow from time to time

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Nice story,i'l follow.But can you upload a screenshot with your tactics and your league standing?