Great stroy mate!!!!!!! Absoulutely ******* luvin it!!!!! Gotta say this one is easy reading late at night...

This is a very fun and interesting read! Please, keep it coming! :) And good luck!

Hi mate,

Let me know if you need some help / a chat about tactics... I'm managing West Ham as well but doing alot better. Finished 5th in first season, you might just need a few tweeks. If not, keep up the good work on your story.

Cheers

I've been following this one closely! There must be an update due....!

This is a very fun and interesting read! Please, keep it coming! :) And good luck!

Thanks a lot for the support

Hi mate,

Let me know if you need some help / a chat about tactics... I'm managing West Ham as well but doing alot better. Finished 5th in first season, you might just need a few tweeks. If not, keep up the good work on your story.

Cheers
I don't think your doing a lot better mate, if you come back and see my next updatw which will be soon, I'll have the league table and I'm actually in a similar position to you in the league. My fault for not saving screenshots earlier in my save

Thanks anyway

I've been following this one closely! There must be an update due....!

Cheers, yeah I anticipate next update will be on friday or saturday. Been busy with exams lately so sorry for the lack of updates.

January Review

A new year, new expectations

After a fine end to 2010, West Ham look to push on to have an even better 2011 and challenge for a place in Europe...

Transfer Activity

vincent_kompany_v_fulham.ashx

24 year old Belgain international Vincent Kompany has signed for West Ham on a loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move with a future fee of £3.5 million agreed. Kompany had found himself falling down the pecking order at Eastlands and was placed on the transfer list and Dom Ascroft swooped to bring Kompany to Upton Park

Matchday 21

Tottenham 2-0 West Ham

An even game in turns of possession but Spurs were far more clinical than their London rivals, converting two of their chances with Niko Kranjcar and Robbie Keane netting before half time.

Matchday 22

West Ham 4-1 West Brom - Benitez (18), Parker (44,55), Boa Morte (70)

A comfortbale win for West Ham in a game they never looked like losing. The highlight of the game being captain Scott Parker grabbing a brace scoring in both halfs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkjNakIQC84"]YouTube - West Ham 4 - 0 West Brom - Match Highlights[/ame]​

Scott Parker was a real driving force behind West Ham's victory, making driving runs into West Brom's box and looking very dangerous

West Ham 3-0 Norwich - Barrera (12), Cole (35,53)

The Hammers successfully booked themselves a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup with a straight forward win over Championship Norwich. The result never seemed to be in doubt and rare double for Carlton Cole and a first West Ham goal for Pablo Barrera did the job.

carltoncolecelebration.jpg

Matchday 23

Wigan 1-1 West Ham - McCarthy pen (42)

West Ham have every right to feel angry about the result as they lead for more than half of the game from a spot kick from Benni McCarthy who came into the side to replace the injured Christian Benitez. However a 94th minute equaliser from Wigan's Franco Di Santo meant the points were shared at the DW Stadium.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lys4bGCcRc"]YouTube - Wigan 1 - 1 West Ham - Match Highlights[/ame]​

Matchday 24

West Ham 3-0 Birmingham - Cole (18, 52), Piquionne (86)

Another three points in the bag and with Benitez still out injured it was down to Carlton Cole who duly delivered scoring his second brace of the month.

WestHamvBirminghamAnalysis_Analysis-3.png

Carlton Cole played the target man role expertley, winning key headers across the pitch and holding the ball up to allow others to make run and his hard work was rewarded with two goals.

Stoke 0-3 West Ham - Benitez (8, 28) Obinna (31)

West Ham march on in the FA Cup and it was a clinical performance form the Hammers. The game was faily even but the pace of striker Christian Benitez and winger Victor Obinna was too much for the Stoke defence with Benitez netting a double to mark his return from injury.

StokevWestHamInformation_Overview.png

Player of the Month

Carlton Cole

A201422C-D7DE-BF10-C1B590A627E1EF01.jpg

The striker had his finest month of the season thus far. His unselfish hard work for the team was rewarded with two braces in January.

Manager's View

"It's always very important to get off to good start in the new year to build momentum into the final half of the season, and that is what we did. Two resounding wins in the league and through to the FA Cup 5th round, a competition I feel will be very important for the team."

League Table

West Ham lie in 6th position and continue to defy the critics as they lie just six points behind fourth placed Manchester United.

What will February bring...

Last edited:
FourFourTwoHeader.png

The Season So Far

In Today's FourFourTWO we take a look at West Ham's impressive first half of the season and pin-point the underlying formula for the Hammers' success.

The Formations

tactics.png

West Ham started off the season playing a risque version of a 4-2-4. The formation involved two out and out wingers supporting the two strikers, with an advanced playmaker pulling the strings infront of an anchor man in midfield. The formation often meant that West Ham were outnumbered and out played in the middle of the park and didn't have enough possession to utilise the attacking players. The formation provided a fair few goals and entertainment for the fans but the team were often left exposed in defence leading to one of leakiest defences in the league.

The Change

Just a simple 4-4-2

westham4-4-2.png

In an attempt to fix West Ham's problem of over conceding manager Dom Ascroft reverted to a plain 4-4-2 formation. The Hammers played with two men in midfield with the wide men playing in a slightly more reserved role, aiming to attack and defend in equal measure. However the team was still encouraged to play with the same fluidity and the change in formation brang instant success. A memorable 5-1 victory over big spenders Manchester City back in December in the first outing of the new formation, is probably the most significant point of the season and the young manager's career so far.

Key Personnel

Robert Green

The eleven timed capped England goalkeeper has been in fine form between the sticks for the Hammers. Four clean sheats in the league is a misleading statistic as the keeper has pulled of a number of vital saves so far this season in a team earlier in the season conceded goals for fun

Matthew Upson

Upson has been the glue holding together a leaky defence and the vice captain has lead from the front winning key challenges and making vital interceptions. The centre back has also contributed with a very impressive five goals so far this season.

Scott Parker

Captain fantastic Scott Parker has been an inspirational leader for West Ham. His tough tackling and energetic play combined with his skillful passing and eye for goal means Parker is a clear fans favourite at Upton Park. He has also contributed with five goals and seven assists to West Ham's impressive start to the season.

Christian Benitez

Surely the singing of the season, the little Ecuadorian "Chucho" has been in magnificent goal scoring form netting just the 21 goals in all competitions thus far. Signed for just a mere £2.1 million in the summer, Dom Ascroft has surely pulled of one of the best transfers in recent history.

The Manager

The appointment of little know Dom Ascroft following the sacking of Avram Grant back in July, raised a fair few eyebrows. Many West Ham fans and players alike were unsure and upset by the appointment but the bright, young manager has proved all the critics wrong in his short spell as manager so far. By guiding his team to a very unpredicted 6th position in the Premier League at the end of January and with his shrewd transfer dealings, many people now have high expectations for him and West Ham.

Will West Ham's tremedous form continue or will Dom Ascroft and his men fall flat on their face. Only time will tell...

I like this mate, good tactical analysis and some good results.
I hope you keep it up :)

February Review

West Ham for Europe?

ChampionsLeagueTrophy.jpg

West Ham find themselves just six points of an incredible Champions League position in 6th place at the start of the month. With four games in the Premier League and a FA Cup match to navigate in February, could the Hammers keep their form going as we head towards the business end of the season?

Matchday 25

Chelsea 3-1 West Ham - Piquionne (66)

The Premier League holders and pace setters this season were simply a class apart. Chelsea got off to the best possible start with Drogba capitalising on a mistake from defender Vincent Kompany to power a shot home within the first minute. The lead was doubled when on 36 minutes when Malouda finished after neat linking from Lampard and Drogba. West Ham improved in the second half and Frederic Piquionne grabbed on back, however all hopes of a comeback were over when Lampard scored from the spot.

didier-drogba-chelsea-uk-01.jpg

Matchday 26

West Ham 3-0 Blackpool - Cole (29), Benitez (41), Piquionne (89)

A comfortable win over a Blackpool team who's miserable season continues as they sit rock bottom of the table. West Ham took the lead when Carlton Cole turned in a Christian Benitez cross and "Chucho" grabbed one himself as he smashed the ball into the goal from the edge of the area. The best was then saved until last as Piquionne scored his 3rd league goal in as many games, as the Frenchman dribbled past one player before hitting a belter into the top corner.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kCioSXHDmM"]YouTube - West Ham 3 - 0 Blackpool - Match Highlights[/ame]​

Matchday 27

Stoke 0-1 West Ham - Benitez (1)

A simple but efficent one nil away victory. Christian Benitez scoring the only goal with the first minute, after keeping his head to slot home when put clean through by strike partner Carlton Cole. Man of the Match Scott Parker had a truly outstanding game with the captain leading by example making challenges all over the pitch.

Blackpool 0-2 West Ham - Obinna (3), Cole (34)

For the second time in the month West Ham met Blackpool, this time in the FA Cup with a place in the quarter finals at stake. On loan Nigerian Victor Obinna, tapped in a cross from Kazim Richards after a free flowing move, to give West Ham an early lead. The lead was doubled before half time with Carlton Cole hitting Junior Stanislas' cross into the goal on the half volley.

Matchday 28

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Parker (84)

A decent point against an inform Liverpool side, occupying 2nd place in the league. The deadlock was broken by a deadly Fernando Torres who was given time to turn in the West Ham box, expertly squeezed the ball into the net. The Hammers grew into the game as it went on, and after a spell of great pressure on the Liverpool goal it finally cracked. Scott Parker made a run into the box and got on the end of a Christian Benitez cross to turn it home and gain a dramatic equaliser

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OzizzGNsg"]YouTube - West Ham 1 - 1 Liverpool - Match Highlights[/ame]​

Player of the Month

Scott-Parker-006.jpg

Captain - fantastic, Scott Parker had a great month. Putting a number of unselfish shifts in the heart of the midfield, the tireless talisman also scored a vital goal to earn a point against Liverpool in the final game of February.

Manager's View

"Just the single defeat this month, to the so far unbeatable Chelsea, the lads can be really proud of their sterling efforts in another great month. We'll just take each game as it comes and if we keep on winning then we'll end up in Europe which would be an incredible achievemant. But we've just got to keep our feet on the ground and keep going right up until May"

League Table

this is really good poppa!!! wish u all luck for the new season...maybe premier league title this season ah?

this is really good poppa!!! wish u all luck for the new season...maybe premier league title this season ah?
I've only updated until the end of February and you're already wishing me luck for next season? aha :p

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Any followers?

Had got really far into the second season and now I can't load the saved game :S

Like I said i was really far into the second season and now I can't load it. I do have an autosave game of it but its from quite a while back and I'm really not motivated to go through it again.

Could a mod close the thread please.