Two reds in one game isn't unrealistic. Highly unlikely but not unrealistic. Case in point: Brighton vs Burnley last season at the Amex. Brighton went down to nine men within the first fifteen minutes of the game.

Burnley still only managed to scrape a 1-0. That was a great game.

Go Burnley :p I was there :D

Go Burnley :p I was there :D

Me too! It was a fantastic game. We nearly equalised in the last minute but Macca hit the ****** post! Or just past it.

Of all the games last season, even though we lost, that one is my favourite. Electric atmosphere.

One fine day, I'm playing football manager. Things are going well, then this happens.

View attachment 274025

Think to myself, "Ha, just as well I have two other world class strikers that are actually better." The very next match.......

View attachment 274026 View attachment 274027

And my next match is the massive derby-day fixture against Benfica away from home, in a cup tie. Ahh, how FM screws you over like a heartless ***** in a matter of minutes.

EDIT: Oh **** off FM two thousand and twelve, **** right off.

View attachment 274030

Last edited:
Two reds in one game isn't unrealistic. Highly unlikely but not unrealistic. Case in point: Brighton vs Burnley last season at the Amex. Brighton went down to nine men within the first fifteen minutes of the game.

Brighton = LOL and GAY

Brighton = LOL and GAY

Oh! I get it.

You're referring to the large LGBT population in Brighton and using it to try and shame me for following my local team. That's clever. You're, you're clever. Well done.

Odd one for me last night.

I'm playing an expanded League of Ireland and with a formerly no-hoper team who have made it to the top division, probably in spite of my guidance. It's our second season up, and the squad has been dramatically strengthened in the past six months, so we should be finishing mid table. So of course, we lose the first few games to the newly promoted teams - one of whom is our bitter rival of course - and the dregs of the recent survivors. Suddenly, we start playing well, and beat some good teams, including providing the run-away leaders' with their first defeat.

One or two suspensions kick in by the time we face Dundalk away in our 8th or 9th league game of the season: a side that normally gets the upper hand on my teams (never defeated them thus far). However, I'm on a good run so the suspensions don't bother me too much. 6 minutes in, my star left midfielder - who generally spends about a third of the season injured - has to come off for the third time in the season (I can only presume that he has amazing insurance, and a crooked insurer).

The new guy comes on and promptly sets up a goal. Maybe 25 minutes later, we go 2-0 up. A few minutes before the half, the new guy has to come off injured too. I hate making any subs before the 60th minute, so I am not best pleased, but fortunately a reshuffle means that I can cover things. My big worry is that my team have a habit of conceeding in the last ten minutes - on one occasion, I think they shipped two in the last five minutes. Having them tired with minimal sub possbilities will not help either.

We've been playing well, if somewhat robustly and a couple of cards have been shown already. At the start of the second half my left full back gets a straight red for an horrendous tackle. Fair enough, I happen to have cover for him, switch to counter, and tra-la-la, on we go. 20 minutes later, and after 20 minutes of continuous immense pressure, a second yellow is shown to my right sided winger, so we are down to 9. Buzzcocks - no cover for him, 25 odd minutes left, and as I said before, we tend to go to sleep in the last 10 minutes - this cannot be good. Then I notice that, on top of that, I forgot to change the tempo when the left full was sent off, so I am left with tired players, one substitution available, and just a goalie, defender, and striker to choose from.

I chose the striker and reshuffled: having started 4-4-2 attacking (Dundalk tend to conceed early), I'm now 4-3-1 defensive. I was realistically hoping to weather the storm and hold on for 2-2 if possible. Somehow, we seem to be inspired, and by the end of the half, not only have we maintained our2-0 lead, but we really should have extended it by another 2! The shot clock showed we had more shots in the second half than we had in the first (6 at the end of the first half, 14 at full time).

Best of all, while their condition is in the mid 70s, the two players injured both are otherwise unharmed, and so far there seems to be no extension of the one match bans! If it holds, I think that I can claim to have trolled the engine!

Yeah but the whole point was the amount of reds in a row !!!!!! Game after game.

Had this on FM11.

Last game of the season, managing Lincoln, I'm in 3rd, playing Gillingham who are 4th. As long as I don't lose I get promoted to League 1. I race into a 2-0 lead in the first 15 minutes with Gillingham offering no kind of threat at all. Then it all goes wrong.
-After 30 minutes my 30 goal striker goes off with a broken leg.
-Right on half time my right back gets sent off.
-50 minutes gone and my replacement right back goes off injured, so I'm now playing 4-4-1 with two left backs and two centre backs, but I'm still holding firm at 2-0
-59 minutes my best CM pulls a hamstring
-75 minutes Gillingham bring on a striker who, in the milestones at the start of the game was listed as not scoring for 972 minutes
-Above mention striker scores a hat-trick inside the final 10 minutes

I ended up missing out on automatic promotion, get done over 7-1 on aggregate in the play-offs as I'm forced to play a youth player at right back and my stand in striker gets injured.

Oh! I get it.

You're referring to the large LGBT population in Brighton and using it to try and shame me for following my local team. That's clever. You're, you're clever. Well done.

Thank You very much, means a lot

Finally went to the MLS to play after 3.5 seasons at Arsenal signed with the New York Red Bulls. I had no idea about the signing of the players or anything but I saw Rodrigo Palacio offered to me by Inter on a free transfer so I sign him. Two days later after I sign him the LA Galaxy spend 5m on Klaas Jan-Huntelaar...

Not really trolled by FM but first time when i discovered Genie Scout, i spend several hours compiling shortlist of players for every position, only to find out i literally cant sign any of them because of low reputation of my 2nd league club.

Not really trolled by FM but first time when i discovered Genie Scout, i spend several hours compiling shortlist of players for every position, only to find out i literally cant sign any of them because of low reputation of my 2nd league club.

I did this for FM 2010

I received a £32,500,000 offer from Barcelona for a 32 year old Patrice Evra where he'd have become their first choice LB due to Abidal's decline and Barca's general lack of depth in that position 3 years into the game. Naturally, I snatched their hand off...only for Evra to reject their contract offer.
Who in the right mind turns down a chance to be a first XI player for Barca when they're already being phased out of their current club?

This happened a couple of years ago with an older FM playing as Bradford PA.

It was a third round FA Cup game, away at Chelsea. We were in the BSP, and had a ridiculous amount of luck to get to the third round, drawing lower non league sides with bad morale at home in nearly every round. We played magnificently and spent 90 minutes soaking up their pressure. Waves of attacks were cleared off the line, or had magnificent saving tackles, or sheer luck in some cases. They'd had about 17 shots on target, and my nerves were fried.

1 minute into injury time. My quick, pacey striker Matthew Clements surged away from John Terry chasing a hopeful through ball. He ran half the length of the pitch and smashed it beyond Cech into the bottom corner (which was a feat in itself, most his shots ended up in the stand). YES! Cue much jubilation. This was going to be the best cup upset I'd ever had in years of playing FM.

Chelsea kicked off. Joe Cole recieved the ball on the half way line, and smacked it hopelessly towards goal. I smiled smugly, there was no way that was going in. It caught the strong wind, bounced once, went over my keeper Ken Veysey and into the net.

We lost the return fixture 5-0. I've resented Joe Cole ever since!

Last edited:
in my QPR save in 2014 3 players got injured...1 player got injured so i subbed him 1 min later he gets injured so i sub him then 3 mins later he gets injured...i dont think it like me....i still won 2-0 tho thank god for dribril cisse who then got injured just before the end of the game too

Failed to sign Darwin Quintero because he failed a work permit (lolwut?) in my Southampon save, signed for Reading a couple of weeks later.

Failed to sign Darwin Quintero because he failed a work permit (lolwut?) in my Southampon save, signed for Reading a couple of weeks later.

I am with Braga at the moment, i tried to sign Kara from Tromso, a really good DM, the **** doesn't get a permit, about 2 weeks later he joins Benfica LOL ... So, i know that feeling bro!