The Help Thread

I starting a new game, and i'am a low ranking side in the Europa League, and you have to have at least 4 home grown players in the squad, i don't have 4 :S and i don't no how to get round it ?

Any idea's ?

You can use the FMRTE - I don't know if this was the answer that you expected.

Thanks again for your quick answer. However, I want to ask you one question - how confident you are of your answer? Because I think I saw the second point mentioned somewhere. Hmm...Google search isn't helping me on this.

EDIT: I got this from Google:

"The more scouting knowledge your club has, the more players will appear on the player search screen."

Yeah sorry about that, I did a bit of research as well as I saw my player search showed only 17000 players out of 75000. I think staff contribute towards the overall scouting knowledge. I remember in my Arsenal game my first team coach gave me a full bar of knowledge for Bosnia and Hergovinia(sp?)

How could I make my game run quicker?

You could choose a smaller database.
You could get a faster computer.
You could run less applications or background tasks while FM is running.

I starting a new game, and i'am a low ranking side in the Europa League, and you have to have at least 4 home grown players in the squad, i don't have 4 :S and i don't no how to get round it ?

Any idea's ?

Go on holiday and let your Assisstant manager deal with it or use your reserve and youth players if you have any.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry about that, I did a bit of research as well as I saw my player search showed only 17000 players out of 75000. I think staff contribute towards the overall scouting knowledge. I remember in my Arsenal game my first team coach gave me a full bar of knowledge for Bosnia and Hergovinia(sp?)

Yes, I did a bit of research and testing and found that the more knowledge you have of a region, the more players will be available in the player search window. And you are right - all the staff members' knowledge contributes to your club's knowledge. Sadly, the scouts begin to lose their newly acquired knowledge if they don't visit the country/region again.

Even affiliate clubs increase your knowledge. One of mine is giving me a lot of cheap African players. :)

Go on holiday and let your Assisstant manager deal with it or use your reserve and youth players if you have any.

Wow, that is a simple solution. And I was suggesting cheating! You are very helpful, sir! :)

can someone give me a link for Tugs training for FM 2010 as I use the ultimate training and I don't see any different

new to the game

seen lots of stuff about corners but i dont know how to set my players to psitions in the box like on the keeper, far post, front post etc thank you. :)

For an English Premier League team, what does an expectation of 'Continental qualification through league finish' mean? Is it the top 7 or the top 4. I think it is the top 7 but I still want to be sure.

Non FM Help....

Where has the search bar gone ? Mine has disappeared :(

Yeah, mine's gone too. Using the regular search is too tedious now. Bring the Live Search bar back please. :'(

I'm not new to the game, but I seem to find my teams start playing a lot worse around the second half/end of the season: we draw games we should be winning, etc. Is this random; due to complacency; or do the other teams "figure out" my tactics and thus play better?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I'm in my third year in Tottenham and just noticed some of my players in their mid 20's (Huddlestone, Modric, and Jenas) all just had an attribute drop. These guys should be in their prime, what could be causing this? I use Dan's training schedule and have pretty good coaches