The Help Thread

Hi.

Sorry if these questions has been up already.

My first question: If I have a scout that has full Wales knowledge, does my other scout that scouts GB and Ireland skip Wales?

Second: Does it take difference time for scouts to "finish" a region?

Third: What should I pick for pre-season training and how hard should the training be?

Last edited:
How do you quickly simulate a drab league game which you don't want to waste time on? I have tried going on a 1 day holiday but my Assistant Manager, though very competent tactically, ends up riling one or two players of my team by issuing a warning for poor performance. Is there any other way?

Hello, i was wondering how to set a player to man-mark a opponent, im not sure how to do it, can anybody help me?

Hey all, I have been having issues with FM 2010 on windows 7. Its driving me mad really, i had an issue with the progress bar previously so i changed my save file name, its been fine but now it wont ****** load at all? comes up with a error etc.

any ideas anyone?

Right lads, i need serious help..I get way too frustrated playing FM.. I always say at the start of a game, 'Right, i'm sticking with this one' but always end up quiting in anger if i go a goal or two down or lose... So what i'm looking for is a start that's fairly easy, but not with a big club (I don't like going big clubs) And if anyone has any tips on how i can stop myself getting so frustrated and stick with a game let me know..
Cheers..

Right lads, i need serious help..I get way too frustrated playing FM.. I always say at the start of a game, 'Right, i'm sticking with this one' but always end up quiting in anger if i go a goal or two down or lose... So what i'm looking for is a start that's fairly easy, but not with a big club (I don't like going big clubs) And if anyone has any tips on how i can stop myself getting so frustrated and stick with a game let me know..
Cheers..

i think like many we suffer from the same aggitation, i tend to find its expectation that irritates me, if im playing with a team that should be winning then i'll get frustrated at things not going well, so perhaps start a game or two as unemployed, and take the first job available, as these teams will tend to be struggling. i did this and took over Woking who were 19th in the Blue Square South, and though now at the top of the table, it was much more relaxing knowing i didn't feel i had to win each game. either that or take over a team like dover for example at the begining, bring in some great players on free transfers (i got several frees who would have been pretty good in leauge 2) and you can walk the leauge pretty much. but playing with bigger teams tends to get more frustrating when things go wrong, aka my Man Utd save, lots of shouting at the computer for that one...

hey,
i have a gun regen whos 22 years old, he has just came third in world player of the year. earlier in the year a bid was made by united and i rejected and he became unhappy, he requested a transfer and i agreed. Now his contract is expiring in 6 months and he doesnt want to leave the club. what can i do to keep him!!

hey,
i have a gun regen whos 22 years old, he has just came third in world player of the year. earlier in the year a bid was made by united and i rejected and he became unhappy, he requested a transfer and i agreed. Now his contract is expiring in 6 months and he doesnt want to leave the club. what can i do to keep him!!

Take him off the transfer list and offer him a new contract, see if he accepts.

I have a story on this site and I use imageshack to upload my screenshots.
I got a comment saying that some of my screenshots wern'r showing up and when I looked most of them were just red crosses.
Any help?
Click my sig to see what I mean.
Thanks

I have another question, i am southport and i requested a parent club, the board said man utd, i am very happy :D, so they are my parent club but do i offer to loan there players or do they offer them to me, im just wondering how this whole parent club/feeder club thing works
help me please?

Help Please

In stories people manage as a club legend
e.g Ally McCoist - Rangers .

But do they actually remove the real club legend from they game ?? if so, how?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

help please

Crash Dumps Help

Hey everyone :) - Basically, i've had crash dumps going on and it really does annoy me since i've to make new games despite my 3-rolling save file... is their anyway to prevent this? i have editor but i haven't used it and it's not on my 'Add/Remove programs' for me to delete, i'm using XP and when i found it on my local disk, i messed around and pressed 'Quarantine File' and it's just vanished! - I heard that this COULD be the solution and if so i'd like to remove it all together :) - All i need help is finding it and how to remove it :s

Regards,
Chohan

Last edited:
Help Please

In stories people manage as a club legend
e.g Ally McCoist - Rangers .

But do they actually remove the real club legend from they game ?? if so, how?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

help please

No. They just add a manager as usual but instead of using your own name they use Ally McCoist etc

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

I have another question, i am southport and i requested a parent club, the board said man utd, i am very happy :D, so they are my parent club but do i offer to loan there players or do they offer them to me, im just wondering how this whole parent club/feeder club thing works
help me please?

You can bid to loan their players AND Man Utd can offer to send players to you.

I need help in making personalized youth schedules for my youth players.

Suppose that I want to use Dan's youth training schedules as the basis and wish to tweak it for different players. If I change the sliders for one player, will it change for all the other players on that schedule? If yes, then how do I do it? Do I have to give a name to the schedule for each player? Please say no!

has anyone ever got into the 2010/11 season in England or is that still a glitch

Hi, i have strange problem with work permit for my leeds premier league squad. I've already find here, that if i want work permit to be granted, the player has to have matches played for his national team.
I finally managed to sign Adriano for 23 milions euro, but they dont give me work permit for him. Before when this happened to me, the transfer automaticaly fell throug, but this time he came to my team, but he cant play. So i have to send him for 5 years or so, to some other european club and wait till he dont gain their nationality in order to get work permit for him? Its totally stupid. I've spent almost all from my transfer budget and now i must wait 4-5 years (1850 days) ??? He will have 35 years by then :( :(

On my match squad selection screen I've ticked the box that disables the thing that asks you if you're sure you want to proceed with that squad. I've tried "Reset your advisors." But, to no avail. Any ideas?

On my match squad selection screen I've ticked the box that disables the thing that asks you if you're sure you want to proceed with that squad. I've tried "Reset your advisors." But, to no avail. Any ideas?

Have you looked in preferences ? if its not in there clear cache/settings You might have to reload skin and Im not 100% sure but I think you lose Hall of Fame history

Im sorry this is posted in the wrong place. I am trying to start a story, i just dont have a clue how to post a new thread. Any help would be sound. Cheers.

Click on fm2011 logo at top this takes you to threads section, click on Fm stories and above Ist thread link is Post thread or to the likes. Whats the story, Destruction of Arsenal ? cos I think Wengers already done that one. LoL:)

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Hi, i have strange problem with work permit for my leeds premier league squad. I've already find here, that if i want work permit to be granted, the player has to have matches played for his national team.
I finally managed to sign Adriano for 23 milions euro, but they dont give me work permit for him. Before when this happened to me, the transfer automatically fell through, but this time he came to my team, but he cant play. So i have to send him for 5 years or so, to some other european club and wait till he dont gain their nationality in order to get work permit for him? Its totally stupid. I've spent almost all from my transfer budget and now i must wait 4-5 years (1850 days) ??? He will have 35 years by then :( :(

Use Fmrte to make eu player it is cheating but it will get you out of this predicament. If you don't want to cheat you can always sell him in 6 months or so just slag him off and he'll want to leave you may make a loss but thats life.