The Help Thread

I'm managing Real Madrid and there's no problem with Squad Harmony or anything. But every single time I praise another manager, be it anyone, Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo say "Isn't convinced that his manager should be praising other clubs" and their morale takes a HUGE drop- sometimes from Superb to Very Poor even! Most matches, I have to play with a Ronaldo or Kaka or both having low morale and have to give Team Talks like "No Pressure!" to lift their morale. I can never risk "Pick up where you left off" or "Expect a performance" fearing they'll not perform well. There's no performance issue though(maybe because of my Team Talks), Ronaldo is scoring truckloads and Kaka is getting assists and goals... But it takes those performances, post-match praise from opposition manager and me, and frequent praising of recent form, etc to keep their morale at a decent level... I'm pretty sure it's only the manager praising that's affecting their morale because I tried not praising any manager for 2 months and it worked. And I'm not playing either of them out of position or changing formations frequently or anything...

Is there anything we can do to stop them from getting upset? Or will they at least get used to me praising other managers over time? Any help appreciated...

Don't know if theres a thread or a similar post sorry if there is, but, when playing in the league cup (Carling Cup) will the AI always field the strongest team if they are a prem team? Or in any cup

I have question on subject what i didn't find by using search.

How can i edit FM matches and upload them on for example. on Youtube?

Can't find the answer by googling or anything.

I would want an proper instructions if possible :)

I have question on subject what i didn't find by using search.

How can i edit FM matches and upload them on for example. on Youtube?

Can't find the answer by googling or anything.

I would want an proper instructions if possible :)

At the end of match there is a button with save match then go into FM2010 file and theres a file called matches Your save is there to edit it Just load into a editoring suit and then upload to youtube.

Just wanting a touch of advice, I've just been offered the England U20 job, which was actually a big surprise, i'm not doing the best with my Barnsley team ATM though it is the start of the new season.

I've never managed a national side before, is there4 anything different i need to be doing then club management or is pretty much the same thing?

I'm having a couple of problems:

First, the editor won't load for me, it says that it can't find the FM disc in my hard drive, when it's definitely in there, and also tells me to check it's installed properly, and as far as I know it is. Anyone shed any light on this?

Second, I downloaded the V8 transfer update successfully, but when I go onto the game and select the database and confirm, the game crashes and says "array access out of bounds". Am I doing something wrong?

Hey guys, i'm new here and i have no clue if this is the right thread for this but i have a question. I like to build youth players, I send my scouts out every year when the teams in all leagues get there new intake of youth players and stuff.

What i was wondering is i heard you can cut your youth academy and just have your reserves and first team so you can save money. If thats the case is that a good thing? I'm leaning towards doing it but i'm not sure. I figure that if i have just a reserve team i can grow my players there and then promote them when ready for first team football. Have no clue if you can do this and if its good so hopefully someone could tell me, Thanks!!!

What team are you? I have never done it and I don't think that you should do it if you have decent youth facilites. Other than that, I don't know anything about this.

Hello,

I asked my board to increase the stadium size and they said that there is no space, therefore they will never be able to increase it. Is there a chance that if I get the club rich enough, then they will make a new stadium?

I am already in my third season and I made this really bad team into a great one, they got 2 divisions up in 2 seasons. The players are great, etc, etc... It costs me a lot to start all over. What I do now? :(

Thank you.

What team are you? I have never done it and I don't think that you should do it if you have decent youth facilites. Other than that, I don't know anything about this.

I have 2 seasons, one i'm OGC Nice and the other i'm Arsenal. My Nice one has not good academy and Arsenal have good academys. I remember someone saying that i can just scratch the youth academy because i dont need it and it takes up the wage. Also i can let go of the youth coaches and just have some coaches and 1st team. When i heard that then i thought about it. I always thought that the youth academy was a good thing to have and never thought that it ate up your wage. In real life the youth academy is different wage then the first team.

Apologies for the late reply, the time difference from here and England is 5 hours.

I have 2 seasons, one i'm OGC Nice and the other i'm Arsenal. My Nice one has not good academy and Arsenal have good academys. I remember someone saying that i can just scratch the youth academy because i dont need it and it takes up the wage. Also i can let go of the youth coaches and just have some coaches and 1st team. When i heard that then i thought about it. I always thought that the youth academy was a good thing to have and never thought that it ate up your wage. In real life the youth academy is different wage then the first team.

Apologies for the late reply, the time difference from here and England is 5 hours.

In my game, OGC Nice has youth facilities of level 13. That is not too bad. IMO, you should not scrap it. You will occasionally get a good player. As for the others, don't renew their contracts - the youth contracts aren't expensive (6)

Try to get coaches so that they will coach both your 1st team players and the youth players. Even as ManU, I don't take 1st team coaches if I can help it.

Also, the time difference between here and England is about 5 hours ;)

Probably in the wrong place, but any help would be appreciated.

Tried to download a couple of the transfer window updates, and they're all coming us as DBC files compared to XML files which it has always been before and none of them are working. Any idea how to convert them or how to get them to work?

Cheers.

I am currently trying to play games on fm10 and it comes up with the message "the match squad must have at least 4 players trained by a club in england" however it also say's I have 14, which fullfills te requirements. I can only play games when i let the assistant pick the team and "go on holiday" and he puts the goalkeeper upfront.

help please.

You've probably downloaded a database update. Go to its thread to find a solution or play with the default.

Your answer is here :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/how-to-take-a-screenshot-of-fm-2010-t24007.html

Step 1
You need to create a screenshot folder you can do this by going to Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 and then create a new folder called screenshots.

Step 2
When you are on the game and you are on the screen you want to take a screenshot of press ALT + F9 and then that will take the screenshot and that will now be in your screenshot folder

Is it possible to offer a player a contract before his deal runs out.

For example I want to sign a player who is going to be out of contract at the end of the season and the only way I can offer him a contract is if I offer money to the team :S

Thanks in advance !

Is it possible to offer a player a contract before his deal runs out.

For example I want to sign a player who is going to be out of contract at the end of the season and the only way I can offer him a contract is if I offer money to the team :S

Thanks in advance !

Pretty sure you have to wait until the last six months of his contract but aren't 100% sure.