The Help Thread

How do you check your relationship with a manager?

How do you check your relationship with a manager?

For eg , your relationship with Mourinho, just go to his profile, and then click on personal, one of the bottom topics is : relationship with you !

For eg , your relationship with Mourinho, just go to his profile, and then click on personal, one of the bottom topics is : relationship with you !

Oh yeah. Looked there, couldn't see it XD cheers.

Need Help

my FM2010 seems to have some glitches. during the 2nd registration windows (im playin in EPL which means the date is 1st February), i've fully registered my team and everyone above the age of 21 has been registered successfully. when im playin again villa on that day (1st Feb) all the registered players eligible to play. However on my next match vs Spurs (5th Feb, EPL match), suddenly one of my player i.e. Mbark Bussoufa was ineligible. appreciate any helps on this problem.

FYI, i've tried to do the followings but to no avail:
1. Reload the game and re-register my players.
2. worth noting when i submitted my complete list mbark boussafa was with his country to play Africa Cup of Nations.and also on the day i submitted the Player Registration List mbark boussafa was ticked and my team counts as a complete 25 players team. however after the villa game the squad numbers box indicate i only register 24 players. appreciate any advice.

Cheers & TQ!!!

You sure the registration wasn't for Champions League? Then somehow you missed the League one? Or vice versa, and your playing in the Champions League now?

im positive this registration is for epl. on my 5 years managing bristol, this has happened 3 times, all during the 2nd registration period (the february deadline)...

yes my team is in the ucl, but the ucl registration have no problems, only epl registration..

nvm gaffer. thanks anyway...maybe epl doesnt want my bristol to be d champions, lol!

I'm not sure wether this question has been asked before, so sorry in advance if it has.
Anyway, I was playing with Juventus and Ninis and Tafer would both be quality signings, 5th or 6th season in. So, when I started over with Toulouse FC I decided to get them straight away. Played them quite a lot, loaned them out when they were not needed so they would get as much playing time as possible.
Now I am nearing the end of my 5th season, turns out they're not even close as good as in my Juventus game. Genie Scout also displays lower PA's. How is this possible? Any thoughts? Cheers!

Hi, I have loads of good potential players in my U20's, shall I send them to my Senior team and just play them quite a bit, or leave them in U20's team, or put in reserves?

Thanks ;)

I'm not sure wether this question has been asked before, so sorry in advance if it has.
Anyway, I was playing with Juventus and Ninis and Tafer would both be quality signings, 5th or 6th season in. So, when I started over with Toulouse FC I decided to get them straight away. Played them quite a lot, loaned them out when they were not needed so they would get as much playing time as possible.
Now I am nearing the end of my 5th season, turns out they're not even close as good as in my Juventus game. Genie Scout also displays lower PA's. How is this possible? Any thoughts? Cheers!

it could be possible because of the exposure they received at toulouse..no offence but Serie A is more competitive than Ligue 1..what might happened is when u bought ninis and tafer (younness tafer isnt it?, i assume it's the striker) they are good players and when they migrate to big club (juve) they are more determined to play better in bigger stage e.g. they both get to play in champs league and seria a rather than ligue 1 and (probably) europa league. the change of environment can really spur players performance too. maybe you should make toulouse play for at least semi final round of ucl every season to motivate and make d best of ur players.

on the genie pa cant help as i never use it.

hope this helps. cheers.

I won the EL during my first season, and have played ECL every season since. I'm just wondering how that makes players' PA drop. I thought they were a pre-set number for every player, and would be the same every time a new game is started.

could it because of ur coaches? for sure coaches at juve were better than the ones at toulouse..try to take 'continental' and 'world class' backroom staff to bring the best out of ur players.

This is probably because they have negative potential ability in the DB. What this means is that their PA is generated randomly between two values when you start the game. If you are interested in the values this article has the ranges.

on the genie pa cant help as i never use it.
Genie always gives you the correct PA. What is does not do so well is identify how that PA will be spent. So it is not really that accurate at telling you how a player will develop. There are too many variables.

Last edited:
Im Palermo in my first season, I can beat or even draw against the best teams in Italy, like I beat Inter Milan a few games ago and they were top of the league. But when it comes to the much weaker teams in the league (like the bottom 3) or even mid-table I always seem to draw or lose to them all the time, even at home. :mad:

View attachment 109851
View attachment 109852
View attachment 109853
View attachment 109854

I really want to keep this champions league spot but I wont be able to as I can't beat the **** teams, even at home

What shall I do against weaker teams to actually get a result against them?

@ mrDrake & Tharros

Thanks for the replies, guys! ;)

@ flamindamon

I would suggest to try and keep your players' morale up and don't let them get complacent versus lower league teams. Make sure you use pre-match team-talk to motivate them, and post-match team-talk to either praise or slam your players.

@ flamindamon
I would suggest to try and keep your players' morale up and don't let them get complacent versus lower league teams. Make sure you use pre-match team-talk to motivate them, and post-match team-talk to either praise or slam your players.
Thanks, but thats what I try and do but it doesn't really work that much :S

Hi, just wanna ask. If loading two different database, does it overwrite one another or just compile everything?

Thanks, but thats what I try and do but it doesn't really work that much :S
Read this guide on team talks. It should help ;)

Hi, just wanna ask. If loading two different database, does it overwrite one another or just compile everything?
You can load as many databases as you want. If two databases change the same thing one will overwrite the other. I'm not quite sure of the load order, but I think it is by the date the DB was created. So if two DBs change the same thing, the newer one's changes will be present. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:
foreign players

i have a lot of foreign players in my team and they are enough time in my club to gain nationality.
for some players write in personal that have to play more games for club(anyone know how many games need to play to gain nationality??)
for some players write that need to speak basic serbian language(what should i do??)
SORRY MY ENGLISH IS A MESS I HOPE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND