The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
yeah raiman, im in school and working but its needed, come with ur story :D more more more, :D i love every bit of it, get those barca thugs back will yah :D, and plz sell mounier, there are better out there

Literally just gone from Page One to Page Thirty Seven, very impressive story you've got going here. Will bookmark and follow, should be interesting to see this progress.

okokok! I have been really busy of late! football, social life, got a new cat, not had much time at home to play and do an update! one will be out shortly...

just take ur time with it, everbody likes it more when u make it good instead of quick and the quality getting worse, but i dont see eriksen that often, although i think he is ur best midfielder, maybe get kadlec, he is mint XD, i love what u do so far :D

Stupid cat, making me wait for my story! lol don't worry Raikan, take as long as you need to. We'll all still be here when the update is ready.

Awesome story, really enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for the great effort you put in

Just a quick question, at the beginning of the game what experience do you give yourself? and does this greatly affect the way you start out a save?

Just a quick question, at the beginning of the game what experience do you give yourself? and does this greatly affect the way you start out a save?

It was semi pro ;) and yes it has a huge affect on player performances :)

Hiya Neil hope you and the rest of the Fm-base's had a good crimbo n new year i know i did:).... Like your self ive not been on Fm12 over the holidays been very busy and drunk lol.... R|eally looking forward to the update mate... But take your time and im sure it will be wort waiting for!!!!

Hurry up I need my ajax fix :P but seriously great job raikan this is a masterpiece

(Moving up, moving in)
10th February 2013

baanraktalayv213.jpg

After weeks of searching and waiting for all the paperwork to go through, the day has finally arrived! The house was transferred early this morning! Candyce arrives in a week or so, she still is under the impression that we will be living in the apartment for several months while we look for a place together! She is in for a big surprise!

I had this all done and planned to prevent her from stressing out seeing as though she is already over five months pregnant! The house is fantastic and has everything we could ever dream of! I really hope she loves it, I have put a lot of time and effort into it to make it perfect!

210153d1323847924-high-flying-dutchmen-ajax-amsterdam-story-afc-ajax-fixtures_-fixtures-.png

The past few months have been great, we are on a 14 game unbeaten run in all competitions and unbeaten in the league since I started as Manager!

For the past several weeks Marc and I have been discussing a few new idea's regarding tactics and styles of play, we are planning to implement them over the next several weeks to see what the reaction is with the squad! Complacency could creep in at any moment if we do not shake things up... That is the last thing I want now!

World Cup 2014 is also in the back of my mind! I know its a long way away, however, preparations and experience for the younger players I want to introduce needs to start early.. I think I will make a few arrangements to set up a few friendlies over the next several months to get a feel for the team and give a few youngsters a chance to prove themselves! Pity I was not in this position four years ago, could have been at the World Cup at home! That would have been something!

Ok guys, sorry for the semi lame update, need to get back into the swing of things! Had no time to play games yesterday though, will hopefully have some time this evening :)

Glad its back mate.

I no doubt D@ve will be frothing at the mouth knowing its back lol.

(Revenge is best served in the Amsterdam Arena)
20th February 2013

England%402.-FA-logo.png

After a quick meeting via Skype with the English FA early in the morning I make my way down to the changing rooms where the lads are gearing up for today's training session prior to our Eredevisie clash on the 23rd against NAC at home.

I inform a few of the first team players that I am going to be giving a few of them a rest in order to keep them injury free and rested for the ECL clash against Barcelona a few days later on the 26th!

That bit of management really seemed to motivate them later on that day in training, I think they felt confident that they had already been chosen (in my mind) to start the game against Barca!

Shortly after the training session which saw Christian slightly twist his ankle, I called for a meeting to discuss our new tactical approaches that I would be implementing and to cover a few of Barca's recent games in the BBVA!

New formation Ajax 2013/2014
(A tactical surprise for Barca)

View attachment 220337

images

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 006
Ajax 4 : 0 NAC Breda
MoM: Rafael Toloi

View attachment 220339

(Press Conference Snippet)

Siem Janger:

"Rafael Toloi had a great game today scoring twice. Will he be playing against Barcelona in the Champions League knockout first round in a few days time? Gregory has picked up yet another injury, speculation regarding the injury duration is over five weeks, is that correct?"

Neil Hart:

"Rafael was fanstastic this evening, I expect more of the same from him. Gregory has damaged his hamstring and will be out for at least six weeks which is unfortunate at this stage of the season, we wish him a speedy recovery"

Champions League: First Knockout Round Leg 1:
UEFA-champions-league.png

(Just before kickoff, Ajax dressing room)
25th February 2013

Alright lads, this is it! If we can overcome Barcelona we have a good chance of winning the Champions League this year! I know that this is why you play football, I know this is why we train day in day out, I know this is why you are here today! This is it! Lets go out there and tear those cocky bastards a new one!

It was like a riot after that in the dressing room, the lads were pumped up as they left dressing room on the way to the tunnel! We better win this ******* game otherwise its another whole year to get this chance again!

Kickoff:

"We are looking good so far, retaining possession nicely" I said to Marc sitting beside me! A few early exchanges from range but not much to worry either keepers! Toby picks up a silly yellow card early on in the game!

"What the **** are you doing!!" I said racing up to the pitch after Toby had flung himself at Messi, double footed and studs showing!
Messi barely moves on the pitch beside me, playing possum (******* girl) as the ref runs over to Toby and issues him his second yellow card! (He was lucky not to get a straight red)

I tell Jan to warm up quickly as Toby walks past me, god I was angry with him! Every time we face Barca we always get an early red card! I inform the fourth official that I would be taking off Bertolacci and replacing him with Jan!

Mascherano scores from the edge of the area later on in the first half from just inside the box.

Minutes later Rafael Taloi outjumps Pique and slots the ball past Valdes on the near post from a corner late in the first half!

(Half time team talk)
1:1

Guys, I am happy with your performance out there so far! I know we are a man down but we need to work harder to make up for it! I tell them we are going over to the new formation we have been practicing over the past few days, everyone seemed motivated!

Toby had his towel over his head, sitting in the corner for most of half time (I will deal with him later I thought to myself)

"Lets go out there and win this lads, lets work hard and as a team! We can win this game!!"

Marc fumbles the ball in the penalty area after a high cross directly in front of Messi who slots it home on the volley instinctively! "For **** Sakes" I shouted hands in head as Barca jog back to the centre circle...

Then the magic happens! Pandev playing outwide is a revelation! Skinning Abidal like he was a geriatric patient at an old age home, in out, left right and scores a great goal to equalize! The crowd go wild!

AP120119032197.jpg

Mounir risks it all with a brave diving header from a delightful cross by Pandev from outwide slotting it home across the body of Valdes for the lead on the 67th minute!

I bark out instructions from the sideline "Goran, drop deep and help cover Bosingwa, dont push to far forward, Jorge, stay back at all times, retain possession and play it safe"

We need to try and protect this lead! Mounir was looking tired, "Luuk, warm up you are going on in 5"

"Jesus what a finish, no keeper could have stopped that" I said as Luuk bangs home a low drive just inside the box!

Barca start getting nasty after they concede the fourth as Mascherano picks up his second yellow card and heads off for an early shower and a couple of other players pick up yellows later on!

332x74y.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 960
Ajax 4 : 2 Fc Barcelona
MoM: Goran Pandev

View attachment 220344View attachment 220338

Jesus Rodriguez:

"What a game, one of the best games we have seen in recent years, what are your thoughts?"

Neil Hart:

"It was a tough game, we had a set back early on with Toby's red card, however, the lads pulled it together and came out on top in a game they were touted to lose! What more can I say than well done!"

Board confidence update:
1st March 2013

tcb-data.jpg

View attachment 220345

Eredevisie March 2013

wpid-Heerenveen-vs-Ajax.jpg

(Full time)
Abe Lenstra Stadion:
Attendance: 22 740
Sc Heerenveen 0
: 1 Ajax
MoM: Pedro Paulo

View attachment 220346View attachment 220347

Heika Van Rigboer:

"Pedro capped his first Eredevisie game off with a fantastic goal this evening, however, are you not concerned at the lack of goals considering the amount of clear goalscoring oppurtunities you created?"

Neil Hart:

"Pedro's goal was great, and to answer your question, No, not at all, we are still in the learning process regarding the new system we have adopted and I don't expect miracles right away, a win is a win! It's 3 points and thats all that mattered today"

2vbtu12.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 51 164
Ajax 4 : 0 Sc Veendam
MoM: Luuk De Jong

View attachment 220340

Hendrik De Boer:

"This game has now seen Ajax remained unbeaten in the league since you took charge, are you worried what a loss will do to confidence?"

Neil Hart:

"Confidence plays a big role for players, we all know that! The lads are never over confident, I always tell them that football is football, anything can happen on the day and they must be ready for it"

Top Performers so far this season:

View attachment 220343View attachment 220342

Eredevisie League table:

View attachment 220341

Last edited:
Back