The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
Already in love with it Raikan!

Great team in Ajax, great idea, great writing, and classic Raikan signings.

And Luuk De Jong for 7.5million? Top signing.

Good evening Raikan, which countries did you load :) ? Holand and South Africa or a few more? Brazil too?
hey bud :)

I never loaded up SA as the players like Xulu, Khune and Tshabalala are always 4x the price :)

England, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal, Ukraine, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Turkey and Uruguay I think :)

is anyone else interested in this story?

thanks for the comments guys :)

No problem man, you should keep it up!

I love a good story on here, I started one last year but don't have the time to keep it up, but this is one I will definitely be keeping a good eye on.

Im very interested bud looking forward to how your season is going and how De Jong is playing???

And weather your board as gave you any more gifts to add to your flat and car hahahahah..

(The big day has arrived our first pre-season friendly)
05/07/2011
6:24am

"Barely slept an hour last night, I wish Candyce (fiance') was here with me today, I need her motivation and support she usally gives me, God I miss her..."
We play CSKA (Sofia) this evening at home with an expected crowd of around 17 000 the newspaper predicts, so far the weather looks good, the sun is out, a little cloudy however the forecast says no rain and a maximum of around 14° celcius which is perfect conditions for football so I cant complain.
As I finish my coffee , listening to the tele in the background waving through the local newspaper I see we are favourites, the bookies have us at 3:1 to win this evening. I know it's not going to be easy as for the past several days I have been doing my research on these guys and they are not to be taken lightly...

Press-review-banner-650_15.jpg

(Later on that morning)

I arrive at the stadium, there is a fantastic buzz around here this morning, an unconcious vibe, eminating through the stadium itself as if it were alive! I can just imagine what it would sound like when it was fully packed with thousands of passionate fans screaming their team on towards victory...

I call a meeting with the squad and staff just going over what we discussed the other day to ensure we are all on the same page! Looking across the room I can see a burning desire in my players eyes, as if something were trying to escape, I can feel it, they are focused and looking foward to the challenge!

I organized a spinning instructor to come in this afternoon for a pre-game warm up, when I played provincial rugby as a kid our coach insisted we do this for training and it was fantastic, we all loved the idea, so I decided to give it a go with the lads, lets see what happens!

spinning-activity-fitness-lose-weight-sculpt-body-2010.jpg

(Later on that evening, in the dressing room)
18:15pm

The guys really looked like they enjoyed that. As Marc and I go around motivating the lads, I leave it for the last minute before submitting my starting line-up this evening as I dont want to upset anyone. After I submit my starting 11everyone seems happy with it which I guess won't be the case when the season kicks off, might as well enjoy this while it lasts.
I do inform everyone I will be making changes early on in the second half regardless of the scoreline so everyone gets at least a 35 minute run around which they all seem to accept the idea.

As we stand in the tunnel, the stadium shakes, sending vibrations through our bodies, I can see a few nerves start so surface from a few of the younger players, I quitely whisper in their ears, I have faith in you this evening...

We begin the first steps towards our destiny, the future of Ajax...

(The big moment has arrived, time to shine)
Kick Off
20:45pm

12°celcius

View attachment 203583

results to follow tomorrow :) hoping to create a little suspense :)

Last edited:
You little ****** haha:D....
Nice build up bud:)

Great story 1 little thing though mclaren is long gone at fc twente i believe he was at notingham forrest and got fired from there its co adriaanse now

this story is class :)

dont follow story's but will try to follow this one

good to see the layout i like, your tempting me to get into doing stories aaahhhh the temptation

So which Provincial Rugby team did Neil play for Raikan? (I expect the right answer here boet!)

So which Provincial Rugby team did Neil play for Raikan? (I expect the right answer here boet!)
thanks for the comments guys :) glad there is a following :) thank you!

I played for Eastern Province in Matric :) not Craven Week as that was made up of the Grey High Schools 1st team rugby team :) all my mates though :P haahaha!

busy with an update, please feel free to ask me anything you like as well! I want this to be interactive :)

(What a night)

4398830307_a3d7926df8.jpg

As we walked through the tunnel, the noise got louder and louder until it became deafening, I could barely hear myself think, I could see the boys were raring to go, lets hope we can give the fans something to cheer about... As I walk on the touchline, my head rumbling from the atmosphere, the fans look happy, they look excited, the give me a warm welcome, shouting my name as I walk by waving scarves with my name on it, I never in my life imagined I could be somewhere like this, my heart skips a beat..

I take my seat in the dugout, what a captivating sensation, surreal. I could not belive where I was, my mind wandered for a second like the wind blowing across a dessert, a vivid dream I once had, coming to life before my very eyes...

The game begins, the crowd start signing a new song they made for Christian. It sounds something along the lines of, "Eriksen, Eriksen, our King our King" my knowlegde of Afrikaans allows me to somewhat translate.
Eriksen slips a clever disguised pass into the path of Kolbeinn who slots it home in the bottom corner clinically, what a great finish, this boy is going to be a star as well I thought to myself. We dominate the game for the entire first half, barely giving our opponents a sniff, Eriksen has two assists already.

The second half begins Mounir slots one home early on from just inside the box. I tell half a dozen of the squad to warm up so long, they will be introduced shortly.
After the substitutions we looked a little shaky, we lost the momentum for a while and conceded two easy goals (We need to work on defending set pieces) we finished off with a flurry of goals, what a great way to start I thought to myself, I could not have asked for a better performance!

Christian finished the game with four assists, what a game, as he walks off the field on my way to thank the officials, all I can do is smile at him, I give him a nod, say nothing, I can see he knows how good he was...

203583d1321454805-high-flying-dutchmen-ajax-amsterdam-story-vs-logo.jpg

(Full time)
Ajax 5:2 CSKA (Sofia)
MoM: Christian Eriksen

View attachment 203733

The rest of the pre-season results:

(Full time)
11/07/2011
Ajax 2:1 Hertha BSC
MoM: Mounir El Hamdaoui

View attachment 203737

(Full time)
12/07/2011
Ajax 3:0 San Luis
MoM: Kolbeinn Sigdorsson

View attachment 203738

(Full time)
14/07/2011
Monterrey 0:3
Ajax
MoM: Mounir El Hamdaoui

View attachment 203736

Thursday, 21st July (two night's before the Johan Cruijff Schaal kick off)
22:36pm

As I lay in bed, my mind racing from one thing to another, like a non stop bouncing ball in a steel room, I try and focus my thoughts on the upcoming pre-season cup, the Johan Cruijff Schaal, contemplating team selections and tactics, I cant help but think about our fantastic pre-season run which saw us score 13 goals and only conceding 3 against some pretty tough opposition..

I was really impressed with Arroyo in the San Luis game, I am glad I had asked Cas Harms (my chief scout) to accompany us as I felt that I would need a few extra's eyes in case I get distracted from the occassion. He was by far the best player on the evening for San Luis, even though they struggled for most parts of the game..

Could he be worth signing?

Harms Scout report:

View attachment 203741View attachment 203740

Last edited:
Back