The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
Good story mate, keep it up. One of the best stories I have read so far.

One question, what skin are you using?

Havnet got FM12 yet but will be getting it soon.

Cracking pre-season bud and that player your scout as reported on looks well maybe he could be joining the Neil Hart experience....

This is a cracking story and am looking forward to your season mate..

1 question how is Luuk de Jong doing(Role/Duties) for you?? Ive signed him for Utd for £2m(in January 2012) as he wanted a big move and he scored on his debut v Southampton in FA Cup..

Keep up theFab work bud

Good story mate, keep it up. One of the best stories I have read so far.

One question, what skin are you using?

Havnet got FM12 yet but will be getting it soon.
thanks bead, much appreciated :)

I found it a few days ago, its incredible.. I have added my own background though (the default one is like the default dark, darkish grey, I found this cool textured blackground :P lol in another skin I had from Fm12 and added it :) it looks even better)

DAZS8 FM12 DARK SKIN v1.3 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Cracking pre-season bud and that player your scout as reported on looks well maybe he could be joining the Neil Hart experience....

This is a cracking story and am looking forward to your season mate..

1 question how is Luuk de Jong doing(Role/Duties) for you?? Ive signed him for Utd for £2m(in January 2012) as he wanted a big move and he scored on his debut v Southampton in FA Cup..

Keep up theFab work bud

thanks Dave, I can get him for 140k :) was about to comment but realised it would have been a spoiler :P

I cannot comment on Luuk at the moment :) you are going to have to wait and see :) I can tell you that he has only started a couple of games so far and I am in Oct already.. :) but playing well!

thanks bead, much appreciated :)

I found it a few days ago, its incredible.. I have added my own background though (the default one is like the default dark, darkish grey, I found this cool textured blackground :P lol in another skin I had from Fm12 and added it :) it looks even better)

DAZS8 FM12 DARK SKIN v1.3 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

No worries mate. It was the font that really caught my off to be honest.

Cheers for the link bud.

Aaaahhhhh....the suspencse..

Ok mate ill keep following anyway and if Luuk does anything special in mine or anything ill p/m you mate..

All right Raikan, you've convinced me. Good stuff so far, I really am a sucker for Ajax stories. Good layout too. I'm looking forward to following this.

thanks guys, the Eredevisie kicks off in a bit :) stay tuned!

any suggestions to make the story better/more interesting etc?

thanks guys, the Eredevisie kicks off in a bit :) stay tuned!

any suggestions to make the story better/more interesting etc?

Keep us informed/me about your better half and if those lonely nights get any better hah;).... And if you loss the dressing room or have any bust up with players or you have any more team building exercise's mate other than that ill defo keep tuning in to this FAB story:)

cheers Ben :)

farking busy at work today, not going to have time for an update, sorry guys, I will have one on Monday though, please stay tuned... thank you!

great story mate |)

i dont really follow FM stories, but this one really worth to see :) cheers :)

(The biggest day of my life)
Saturday, 23rd July 2011
12:45pm

5743505663_6755d93e61.jpg

As I sit in my office, overlooking the streets surrounding the stadium, fans marching like ants in formation through the meandering streets leading to the gates, thinking about kickoff later this evening! Many people believe games like these are curtain raisers to the league season, I however disagree completely! It is a chance for us to stamp our authority over one of our main title contenders and a chance for the boys to lift some silverware which isalways a great feeling....

"We have to win this game" I thought to myself! Everyone is expecting after the good pre-season! As I sit at my desk, finalizing my team selection, I think back to when I was only a kid, my father said to me "Son, some days are bigger than others, they require you to be a bigger man, it depends what you do on that day that will prove to everyone what you are capable of" This was one of those days....

On my way down to the press conference I get a text message from Candyce "Good luck babe, I love you xx"
I wish she was here with me today I thought to myself as I made my way down to the elevator...

Pre-match press conference Amsterdam Arena:
Saturday, 23rd July 2011
16:45pm

20090409_090404c-010.jpg

Piet Riegter: (Journalist)

"
Hi Neil, firstly, congratulations on a fantastic pre-season. This will be your first competitive match you have ever managed, are you nervous?"

Neil Hart:

"Hi Piet, thank you, I am glad how we performed over the past month, I hope we can take that form into the game this evening. I am more excited than anything else, its a big day for me and as well as this football club, I am not going to let the occassion overwhelm anyone, especially myself"

Sandra De Boer: (Journalist)

"How is Luuk settling in at his new club? Will he be starting this evening against his old club? Have you managed to have a word with him regarding the game this evening?"

Neil Hart:

"
Good afternoon, Luuk has settled in very well here with us. I am not willing to discuss my team selection before kickoff, I can tell you that everyone is fit and raring to go! Yes, I had a chat with him this morning.

Robert van Sheeuweik: (Journalist)

"Good day Neil, is it true that two of your players got into a heated argument at training yesterday?

Neil Hart:

"Hi Rob, where did you hear that? Nothing of the sort has happened since I arrived, everyone gets along perfectly and there are no grudges whatsoever, everyone has been training hard and the squad are coming together a lot quicker than I expected"

Thank you for all your questions, if you have anymore, please direct them to Mr Wilmots.

Saturday, 23rd July 2011
19:12pm
(Dressing room)

netherlands-soccer-ajax-fc-twente-2011-5-15-11-31-48.jpg

"Tonight you will show everyone what we are capable of, tonight you will make the nation remember this game forever, tonight is your night! Let's go out there and show everyone how football is meant to be played! Lets put on a ******* show!

As we make our way through the tunnel, the stadium shakes, literally, with over 50 000 fans screaming and shouting, what a night this is going to be....

The Johan Cruijff Schaal:

wpid-Twente-vs-Ajax.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 960
Fc Twente 0 : 3 Ajax
MoM: Kolbeinn Sigporsson

View attachment 204612

(Full time)
Parkstad Limburg Stadion:
Attendance: 15 362
Roda Jc 0 : 2 Ajax

View attachment 204608

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 51 265
Ajax 3:0 Excelsior
MoM: Johan Vertonghen

View attachment 204609

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 51 916
Ajax 1:0 Vitesse
MoM: Ruben Yttergard Jennsen

View attachment 204610

(Full time)
Afas Stadion:
Attendance: 17 000
Az Alkmaar 0
:3Ajax

View attachment 204611

League Table:

View attachment 204607

Player of the month:

Kolbeinn Sigporsson with four goals in four games!

(Ajax forever)

After the game away at Az, we get back later on that afternoon. As I make my way to my office my cellphone rings, its Steven, I answer: "Hi Steven" he asks me to come by his office quickly before I leave for the evening...

As I walk into his office, he sits in his large tan coloured leather chair with mahoganey finishes, I can smell the aroma of quality, class, elegance! He asks me to sit down and if I wanted a glass of scotch, I do not hesitate in the slightest! We discuss a few things relating to the club and the performances so far this season, which the board are ecstatic about, he leans over the large, polished marble desk with what seems to be a square black box, he smiles while he places it in the palm of my hands. "Open it"

rolex-oyster-perpetual-01.jpg

Engraved on the back of the Rolex is "Forever and always, Ajax"
I thank him profusely for this incredible gift, however in the back of my mind, I start to think something may be going on here....

Sources from Italy are surfacing that Roma head coach Luis Enrique may be on the verge of getting sacked and are looking for a new young manager to take the club forward...

Last edited:
CRACKING!!!! Opening games mate and excellent detail in the story as im reading this i can actually picture myself there in the office with you.... This is a Brilliant story Neil and i cant wait for the next installment as i find myself checking this Story every hour to see if there been an update:D..

One last thing dont go to Roma i personally think it will be a wrong career choice Ajax as put there faith in you and it is clear the Chairman wants you to stay and has HUGE faith in you to succeed.. I honestly feel like im giving advice to the Ajax manager(saying to myself 'Dave this is not real' hahahaha:D)

PLEASE DONT GO BOSS!!!!!!!!!:D:wub::D

haha as D@ve says: Don't leave ajax now. first get them to the top!! dont make the same mistake as Stekelenburg did when he signed a contract to AS Roma... i wonder what you will do against PSV :)

really nice story.. keeps me reading it

(The Challenge begins)
Friday
, 26th August 2011
15:00pm

uefa_champ_draw1_06_3.jpg

Sitting at home on Fridy afternoon with a few friends I have made over the past couple of months, all involved in football in some way or another, we sit fixated on the television, watching the Live Champions League group stage draw. I had given my players the day off to rest and spend some time with their families due to their good run of results lately and due to the fact we had no game this weekend.
My heart began to pound, like a 20 pound sledgehammer coming together with concrete

We had hoped to get a somewhat easy group, no group is easy though I thought to myself, but an easier group would be helpful! The draw began, Fc Porto, Manchester United, Real Madrid... the teams just seem to get better and better as the first round began...

As soon as I saw our name drawn in the same group as Inter, I swear to God my heart stopped for a second! I felt it in my throat, burning, wanting to explode... Everyone sitting around me looked at me at once, I could see the fear in their eyes....

Uefa Champions League Group Stages 2011/2012:

View attachment 204654

(Monthly update: Eredevisie/Uefa Champions League/KNVB Cup)
August/September
logo_eredivisie2.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 51 324
Ajax 2 : 0 Nac Breda
MoM: Vernon Anita

View attachment 204656

Media caption:

"An easy game which we dominated throughout, a very good performance from the guy's today"

(Full time)
Central, Kazan:
Attendance: 25 751
Rubin Kazan 0 : 1 Ajax
MoM: Christian Eriksen

View attachment 204657

Media caption:

"We were quite lucky today, we played exactly how I wanted the boys to perform, well done to them! We were touted as the underdogs coming into the game, but just remember this, every dog his its day"

(Full time)
Gofferstadion:
Attendance: 11 124
NEC 0
: 2 Ajax
MoM: Toby Alderweireld

View attachment 204658

Media caption:

"A quite brilliant display from Toby today, he was the rock at the back which proved to be the foundation for the rest of the team to play freely"

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 50 122
Ajax 7 : 0 Hollandia
MoM: Luuk De Jong

View attachment 204655

Media caption:

"Luuk was outstanding today in front of goal, he barely missed the target"

Player of the month:

Itumaleng Khune, nine clean sheets in a row!
View attachment 204668

(Poker evening at my apartment)

poker_cards.jpg

After the Hollandia match, I invite a few of the boys around for a game of poker, I had asked during the week at training to see who was interested.... Luuk, Jan, Khune and Kolbeinn gladly accepted my invitation! We sat for hours talking ****, having a few drinks and playing cards... Luuk is quite the player I must admit, he kept calm and collected the entire evening, I think as the youngest he felt he would prove himself by beating us at poker.

Seeing though I am not much older than a few of the player's here, I wanted to get to know the guys individually, see how they tick and there is no better way than a game of poker.... I am glad I allowed Luuk to beat me when going head to head, I think it gave him confidence even though he was definately brimming with it from his performance a few hours ago...

great update :)

Also not a bad UCL group, only difficult one should be Inter :)

Great story mate. I am definitely following. Keep up the good work. :)

Back