The Homework Help thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 10K
Please answer this question quickly:Why does the infertile tropical rainforest soil support such a lot of vegetation?
I'm only posing again and the link Jak posted didn't help me.

Shallow buttress roots so the plants can reach the nutrients at the top of the soil.
The climate means vegetation decomposes quickly when it dies.
The vegetation releases nutrients back into the top of the soil.

Can any of you give me a synonym of 'rash'? Used as an adjective, the sentence is:

'Anyone rash enough to write a book with a title like this had better brace themselves for a postbag crammed with letters in erratic handwriting enclosing complex symbolic diagrams.'

Thank you in advance, might pop up requesting some help again, have a huge translation assignment due to Monday.

Can any of you give me a synonym of 'rash'? Used as an adjective, the sentence is:

'Anyone rash enough to write a book with a title like this had better brace themselves for a postbag crammed with letters in erratic handwriting enclosing complex symbolic diagrams.'

Thank you in advance, might pop up requesting some help again, have a huge translation assignment due to Monday.
Reckless, crazy.

insane, foolish, foolhardy ;)
Rash Synonyms, Rash Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

Hermeneutic, anyone?

'It cannot be continentally hermeneutic, since it has to acknowledge the existence of evolutionary properties of the human mind (...)'

The Assignment:
Compose a soundtrack for Romeo and Juliet. Choose songs that represent the different scences for the play and provide a rationale for each song choice.

Any help guys stuck:S
i need 10 songs

The Assignment:
Compose a soundtrack for Romeo and Juliet. Choose songs that represent the different scences for the play and provide a rationale for each song choice.

i need 10 songs
this?
[video=youtube;lQlIhraqL7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o&ob=av3e[/video]

The Assignment:

i need 10 songs

This?!

[video=youtube;7HqY9Ie74v8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HqY9Ie74v8[/video]

for the balcony scene?
[video=youtube;hMtZfW2z9dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw[/video]

You guys really miss the obvious with this task, don't you?

[video=youtube;tim4VzHUUyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tim4VzHUUyQ[/video]

Need some help with negative indices. Need working for them too :(
(y) to the power
12t(8) over 3t( 6)x6t(2)
and
16s( 6)x2s(5) over 4s(7)x3s(8)

Cheers in advance. :)

Can't understand your notation, sorry. :P

Do you mean y^12t? What are the numbers in brackets for?

12t^8/3t^6*6t^2

Combine the indicies on the denominator into one term --> 18t^8.

12t^8/18t^8.

Remember that 1/y^a = y^-a. And (y^a)*(y^b) = y^(a+b)

Therefore dividing means you subtract the power. The powers are the same on the numerator and denominator, so the t term cancels and you are left with 12/18, which is equal 2/3.

Do the same for the 2nd question, combine both numerator and denominator into single terms.

16s^6*2s^5/4s^7*3s^8 = 32s^11/12s^15.

Now remember you minus the bottom power from the top power.

--> (32/12)s^(11-15)
=(8/3)s^-4
Which is equivalent to: 8/(3s^4)

Ask if anything confused you. :)

12t^8/3t^6*6t^2

12t^8/18t^8.

Therefore dividing means you subtract the power. The powers are the same on the numerator and denominator, so the t term cancels and you are left with 12/18, which is equal 2/3.

Do the same for the 2nd question, combine both numerator and denominator into single terms.

--> (32/12)s^(11-15)
=(8/3)s^-4

Thanks Joel, the only problem is the answer to the first question in my text book is 2/3^5. But if that doesn't mean anything to you atleast I can show my teacher I tried :P

12t^8/3t^6*6t^2

12t^8/18t^8.

--> (32/12)s^(11-15)
=(8/3)s^-4

Actually I don't know how you got 8/3 by taking away 32/12

Thanks Joel, the only problem is the answer to the first question in my text book is 2/3^5. But if that doesn't mean anything to you atleast I can show my teacher I tried :P

You either wrote the question down wrong or your textbook is wrong. :P

Actually I don't know how you got 8/3 by taking away 32/12

They're equivalent fractions. I just reduced it to the simplest form.

Back