The Homework Help thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 10K
no but Geography's not too hard :P I was decent at it back in year 9 but obvs that's year 9 :P This too simple I presume?

Meh, it'll do!

I'll make little fact files instead of doing an essay, due to me misinterpreting what the teacher said! ;)

Just wondering if I could get some help:

If m=2 and n=-3, work out a) mn (squared) b) (mn) power of 3

Help?

a) m x n = 2 x 3 = 6 squared which equals 36

b) m x n = 2 x 3 = 6, 6 x 6 = 36 x 6 = 216

I think :S brackets always used to get me.

For a to be 18, it would have to be; mn squared, but because you 'squared' is in brackets, you work out mn first and then square that answer.

mn squared = 2 x 3squared = 2 x 9 = 18. Ya gets me? :P

For a to be 18, it would have to be; mn squared, but because you 'squared' is in brackets, you work out mn first and then square that answer.

mn squared = 2 x 3squared = 2 x 9 = 18. Ya gets me? :P

Yep I do, disappointed that I didn't think that myself :)

You wrote n= minus 3. If you do a minus to the power of 3 (or any odd number) you retain the minus sign. :)

An Economics question.

If a major supplier of a product is unable to produce a product, how would if affect other suppliers of that product?

I.e. Frost hits Israel (biggest supplier of oranges) so oranges can't be produced. Would it benefit other orange producers?

An Economics question.

If a major supplier of a product is unable to produce a product, how would if affect other suppliers of that product?

I.e. Frost hits Israel (biggest supplier of oranges) so oranges can't be produced. Would it benefit other orange producers?

It's called a supply side shock, the price for oranges would surge upwards as the supply of oranges falls. Other producers are now able to charge a higher price, increasing the profits they make on their oranges. Their ability to fully capitalise depends on their stock of oranges, orange production has inelastic supply (It's very difficult for suppliers to quickly increase production in response to a price change), if they sold a good with elastic supply they could increase production in response to the price increase, maximising profit. Also, question if their could be a buffer stock active in the market. If there is, the market impact of frost in Israel would be minimised.

Struggling to come up with a definition for the difference betwee Shakesperean Tragedy and Classical Tragedy. Any ideas of how to word it?

anyone mind helping me with this maths. C3 on trig identities. It's question 5h. I've attached whole page as I may need help with later ones haha :P
View attachment 197213

anyone mind helping me with this maths. C3 on trig identities. It's question 5h. I've attached whole page as I may need help with later ones haha :P
View attachment 197213

Manipulate the fractions so you have it as a single fraction.

Cos(X)/((Sin(X)+1) + ((Sin(X)+1)/Cos(X)
=Cos^2(X) + ((Sin(X)+1)^2))/CosX((Sin(X)+1))
=[Cos^2(X) + Sin^2(X) + 2SinX + 1]/Cos(X)((Sin(X)+1)
=(2+2SinX)/CosX((Sin(X)+1)
Factorise and the (1+SinX) terms cancel out, leaving:
2/CosX
=2SecX

The tricky bit is combining the fractions, ask if you don't see how they combined or if you can't understand my notation. :)

Cos(X)/((Sin(X)+1) + ((Sin(X)+1)/Cos(X)
=Cos^2(X) + ((Sin(X)+1)^2))/CosX((Sin(X)+1))
=[Cos^2(X) + Sin^2(X) + 2SinX + 1]/Cos(X)((Sin(X)+1)
=(2+2SinX)/CosX((Sin(X)+1)
Factorise and the (1+SinX) terms cancel out, leaving:
2/CosX
=2SecX

Broken keyboard, or did the computer just bluescreen?

I do not look forward to this....

It was doable in about 5 lines, I just didn't recognise the simple method so did it with my own method. :P dw about it, I just have a habit of doing my own methods at times. :P

Understand the original question now? :)

It was doable in about 5 lines, I just didn't recognise the simple method so did it with my own method. :P dw about it, I just have a habit of doing my own methods at times. :P

Understand the original question now? :)

could you explain your simplification? :) dont worry about it if its a bit impossible to type out :P

ignore this now, I understand :) quite simple really :P

Last edited:
Back