The How to get my player a Work Permit thread

Raikan007

Reaction score
good day, this will hopefully assist in any questions you may have about WP issues and below are explanations on how to go about getting one as well as general information about it....

Quick and easy way to get a WP: (once player has signed without one)

1) Loan him out to your feeder club, if you do not have one, ask the board for one!
Belgium and Spain are the best countries to have as Feeder clubs (just remember, this is just for Work Permit's, nothing else)

2) during his loan period at the feeder club offer him new contracts at least once a month, this will initiate the WP process all over again, sometimes you get lucky while he is playing 1st team football at the Feeder club and his WP will be granted...

3) he will be granted one after the alloted time it takes to get a WP playing at the Feeder club (Belgium, Poland and Spain are the quickest, they are 3 years)

General rules on WP:

Players without this work permit are ineligible to play in the Premier League or for any other member of the Football League. The foreign player's club must apply for the work permit, or Governing Body Endorsement, on his behalf. To have the work permit approved, the club must prove the foreign player complies with all of the regulations set forth by The Football Association.
International Appearances

Any foreign player who seeks a work permit must have appeared in at least 75 percent of his national team's competitive A matches during the previous two years. A competitive A match includes the World Cup, World Cup qualifying and any other match played in the country's federation. If the player has not fulfilled this requirement for any reason, the club must provide written evidence documenting the player's injury history.
National Team Ranking

The player's national team must also be ranked in the top 70 in the official FIFA world soccer rankings. The Football Association averages the monthly FIFA rankings over a two-year period to assess whether the player meets this requirement. The national team ranking regulation ensures the prospective player comes from a strong international playing background.
League Membership

The club cannot apply for a work permit on the player's behalf unless it is a member club of the Premier League or the Football League. Work permits are only granted to players in these leagues, so his parent club must be a proper member to receive the work permit.
Length of Work Permit

When the club's initial application has been approved, the player is granted a valid work permit for a maximum of three years or the length of his contract, whichever is shorter. If the player's contract exceeds three years, the club may file extensions in two-year increments.

In relation to Fm:

The players with higher potential ability have more chance to obtain a work permit.
If the player has high attributes in all aspects of game (physical, mental, technical), he will be more likely to get a work permit.
The most important criteria is playing competitive (not friendly) international matches. During the two years preceding the date of application, a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches he was available for selection. If the player isn't selected for the international matches due to suspension or injury, this will be taken into consideration when applying the criteria.
(anonymous and Raikan007)

Please, how can I sign player without Work Permit?

I cannot answer that, sometimes your club allows you to bring in the player that you want too, others wont let you sign him..

the only thing I can think of is that it will be granted if you have a feeder club in either Belgium/Poland or Spain or an EU country (most of the times I have got a player without being granted an Initial permit is when being bigger teams like United etc)

the other way is that you just need to keep on trying, it also seems to go through when it is on the last day of the transfer window as well, this may be conincedence though...

i will do some research on that and update my thread...

sorry but how do i loan my players to feeder club? i have a few but cant find the options to loan them my players

Can you explain a conditional work permit to me? or w.e its called when the initial work permit is declined, but you appeal.

sorry but how do i loan my players to feeder club? i have a few but cant find the options to loan them my players
some feeder clubs are for Commercial Links which means you cannot send anyone there..

some feeder clubs you are just not able to send on loan (even though in your info screen, you have aobut 6 and none of them show up when in player interaction etc etc)

not sure what the reason is behind those at the moment, 1st option, international loan etc should allow you to send your players there...

Can you explain a conditional work permit to me? or w.e its called when the initial work permit is declined, but you appeal.

Conditional work permits last for the length of the contract.

The player must play a certain number of first team (and i think international games) during that time for a new contract to result in another permit being granted.
posted by Jake

One way to get around this annoyance is to use the FM Editor. What I do is pull up countries such as Brazil, Argentina, then on their information page, change their EEC Member status to 1. This has no other effect on the game other than all players from those nations will automatically be eligible to play in Europe.

The hardcore gamers who want this to be as realistic as possible will not like it, but for people who just want to enjoy the game and sign some amazing young foreign players, this trick is ideal.

If you don't like Work Permits, then play in Germany. Simple as that.

Nice, I think Im going to need this with Crewe xD
Tnx man, a lot :) :) :)

hi im trying to buy a brazilian for luton town in the Blue sqaure premier, but his WP is turned down and i appeal but once again its turned down, so i cant sign him, please help me out as i really need him thanks

League Membership

The club cannot apply for a work permit on the player's behalf unless it is a member club of the Premier League or the Football League. Work permits are only granted to players in these leagues, so his parent club must be a proper member to receive the work permit.

hi im trying to buy a brazilian for luton town in the Blue sqaure premier, but his WP is turned down and i appeal but once again its turned down, so i cant sign him, please help me out as i really need him thanks

That should explain why.

signed Lacina Traore for Man Utd but his work permit was turned down, so i have to loan him, is it because his contract is of a lower spec and that i have alot more quality available to me so that i dont need so much as to why it got turned down initially?

i play in the championship in england and when i try and sign a youngster from brazil my work permit apllication gets turned down along with my appeal, but the idea that u said does'nt work for me as the whole deal collapses for me
btw i'm trying to sign him outside the transfer window, so is that the reason?

alot of the times the WP does not get granted as it is rushed at the end of the Transfer Window, then you end up like Robert with a player that does not have a Wp...

what you need to do is loan him out, let him play alot of the games and try offering him a new contract...

most of the time the initial WP is turned down for most players... except for players like Neymar and Lucas etc...

Manutd.. it does not matter if you are in or out of the TW, you need to continue offering him contacts... it may be better during the TW as you could be able to sign him without one, then do what I suggested above :)

I'm Athletico Madrid right now, and I've got four players (Aguero, Godin, Elias and Costa) all waiting for paperwork. How long does the paperwork take to get done/arrive? It's quite stressful as I only have 4 strikers that are fit and since Spain have the rule where only 3 Non-EU players can play I have to get rid of one of them, and they are all the best in the position they play in.

I asked the exact same question yetsterday.... it can take up to 6 months, I have read on other forums that it could take up to a year sometimes, however I do not know all the factors that affect the decision of awarding the papers...

Thanks for the help, I'll just hope that one of them gets done before the squad registration window. :)

Does player reputation help with work permits? I am playing as Liverpool and have just come into the Januray transfer window in the first season. I need a quality left sided player and saw Maxwell of Barcelona transfer listed, I can get him for only £3.5m. But I was surprised to see he is uncapped for Brazil even though he is a well known player. I am guessing he will have high CA and PA and reputation, will this overcome the fact that he has no caps?