The How to get my player a Work Permit thread

you should not have a problem in getting one for him mate :)

Excellent, can't afford a bid for Young or Johnson until next season, so hopefully Maxwell can provide me with a bit of pace on the left of midfield. The work permits are annoying, my scouts have found lots of great young players in Argentina and Brazil and even some in Africa, but I can't sign any of them really...if I send them to my Belgian feeder club they lose the benefits of tutoring and my coaching standards. And where have most of them ended up going to? Spain of course.....:'(

alot of the times the WP does not get granted as it is rushed at the end of the Transfer Window, then you end up like Robert with a player that does not have a Wp...

what you need to do is loan him out, let him play alot of the games and try offering him a new contract...

most of the time the initial WP is turned down for most players... except for players like Neymar and Lucas etc...

Manutd.. it does not matter if you are in or out of the TW, you need to continue offering him contacts... it may be better during the TW as you could be able to sign him without one, then do what I suggested above :)

well it worked Lacina Traore (on loan at Villarreal) got a WP, it took 2 attempts, i did both attempts out of the transfer window, no mention of failing on appeal first time he just signed a new contract 2nd time he signed and the WP icon disappeared but i did offer it to him after he got his first 2 caps so im guessing that pushed it through as a 'yes'!.

thanks Raikan007, just got to do it with my other players

I signed neymar in the 2011/2012 january transfer window and he had no work permit which meant he couldnt play, im not at the start of the 2012/2013 season and he still has no work permit? How can i sort this out and make him able to play? Please help! Thanks

did you read the article I wrote? that is why I linked it mate :) read the OP

Sorry, didnt really understand, but can i ask, i just sent neymar to Genk who are one of my feeder clubs, who are a belgium team, how long does it usually take for the work permit to be accepted? So how long will he have to spend at Genk?

he should be given a WP without any hassle as he he meets all the requirements required for 1.... just offer him a new contract and he should be given one, then recall him :)

One way to get around this annoyance is to use the FM Editor. What I do is pull up countries such as Brazil, Argentina, then on their information page, change their EEC Member status to 1. This has no other effect on the game other than all players from those nations will automatically be eligible to play in Europe.

The hardcore gamers who want this to be as realistic as possible will not like it, but for people who just want to enjoy the game and sign some amazing young foreign players, this trick is ideal.

what is this 'FM Editor'? i like the sound of it

start menu, all programs (if Xp) Fm11 - editor :) have fun

I've brought a 19year old defender from Argentina who has all the stats to be a really top defender (PA=4 1/2 gold stars) but at the moment i've only just brought him to Preston (European spot contenders) and the Work Permit was issued (quite suprised about that considering the WP specifications).

Only problem is, that i really want to keep him as he is really a star for the future but due to that he needs a bit of time to blend in, learn a bit of English and his current ability is at 2 1/2 stars. He's a bit of a big risk to give 1st team football to considering i have 4 other defenders whos current ability is better and are a lot more settled.

I do have a feeder club in Romania (will need 3 years to gain EU nationality) and by the look of it he isn't part of the national team setup just yet.

Just a little stuck about how to handle this apart from risk it and give him 1st team so he can get a WP extension, but might not happen due to not being the the national side.
Another idea is to put him on loan and hope a argentian club puts their hand up.

any suggestions?

Send him to your feeder club to play football. Should be fine. If you bring him back befor the 3 years and play him he will probably get a work permit. If he is not good enough leave him on loan until he gain's EU nationality.

Alternatively you could loan him to another English team.

Might be worth putting in the opening post that some players still won't get work permits after they have done enough time at a feeder club because they haven't learned the language.

I had a Brazillian on loan in Bulgaria and he couldn't apply because he hadn't learned Bulgarian.

Might be worth putting in the opening post that some players still won't get work permits after they have done enough time at a feeder club because they haven't learned the language.

I had a Brazillian on loan in Bulgaria and he couldn't apply because he hadn't learned Bulgarian.

Rolf. but does the language issue affect WP credentials ?

good thread, currently trying to sign a lad from Somalia, no chance of getting a work permit, Somalia are ranked about 300th, three years in Belgium for him

Last edited:
Predicament WP not renewed.

I have signed 2 players and did not realize that their WP was conditional. They are both young and rarely featured in my Soton team (ones for the future though). I am now begining season 2 and have learned that their WP was not renewed. What can I do?

loan them out mate, let them play first team games and offer them new contracts every 6 months or so :)

I'm playing with Lewes atm (yep. That **** team in Conference South. lol) and I'm looking to sign some Malaysian players to help bolster my ******-*** squad. Problem is, I find out that I'm unable to get a work permit for them. One player is a Left/central midfielder who has gotten himself 8 caps for the senior squad (though it's probably mostly friendlies) and I could get him for a bargain price of $3K, while he's valued at $16K. I've been trying for a couple of months, but everytime I appeal, the work permit is rejected. Now I've lost him out to another Malaysian team, and I'm absolutely gutted. However, I've still got one player, a 20 year old goalkeeper, on my watch list and it seems that no other teams are interested. He's listed for loan, so I tried signing him, but once again, failed. So now I've got him on a month-long trial, and I intend to keep him on month-long trials for 1000+ plus days until he can get a British citizenship. LOL. This is, unless somebody can offer a better suggestion?
Also, I read that you can sign people but they won't be allowed to play. How may I just sign them first?

sooo,
i have two players that need work permit, both are in a low league belgium team playing their socks off having ratings of about 7.4 on average.one of them is really pretty good the other one not so much.i've been offering them new contracts often enough but still no result.i have a couple of questions.how will i know if they have obtained a WP or not?will i receive a message saying they can play for me now(that is if the contract renewell is succesful)?

one of them says its too soon to sign a new contract, mind you i have been doing this once a month.how to approach him?and where can i see if they need a work permit or not, cuz next to their name says they are ineligeble and i cant find out if i've succeeded in getting the **** work permit.any advice?