The " I have a small question" thread FM13

I have two goalkeeping coaches, and there are two training categories they cover, am I better to assign one to each category, or have them each assigned to both? They have higher star ratings when assigned to do just one, but the "ask assistant" thing always has them doing both. Same applies for fitness coaches.

I find it is better to have one coach for each category including goalkeeper training.

Anyone know how to make the screen switch from the stats screen to the pitch screen when a goal is scored? I play commentary only and its annoying having to manually switch to see the goal?

I wanna ask about the swapping players, will their role(settings) also swapped?

I wanna ask about the swapping players, will their role(settings) also swapped?

The role/setting is attached to the position, not the player. So if swapping your FC-poacher and your AMC- attacking mid, the person acting in the FC-slot Will always be given the role Of à poacher no matter who it is at the moment.

Not sure if this happens to more people, the game runs smoothly except in staff related parts where I get some random crashdumps when giving orders to assistant manager or stuff of the kind.

Not sure if this happens to more people, the game runs smoothly except in staff related parts where I get some random crashdumps when giving orders to assistant manager or stuff of the kind.

I have not had that since the released hotfix. Are you online with your steamaccount and have let it update the game for you ?

Well by the way, I want to start a game with Arsenal and do it Wenger style (except the not winning titles part), so I want some countries with relatively unkwown but also cheap wonderkids, of course there's France as usual, Holland might be a good bet and Italy has some, any other recommendations? :)

Hi, I was just wondering, in last versions of FM (FM11,FM12) it seemed that the Match engine would really favor systems of 4-3-3 (3 up front could be 3 strikers or AML,AMR,SC) possibly because this is how most of the teams play in real life. 4-4-2 with wingers or 3-5-2 especially seemed to have issues working.
Is this also the case for FM13? Is there a formation that is favored by ME? I love formations with 3 defenders so I would like to know how possible is to use.

Last edited:
Well by the way, I want to start a game with Arsenal and do it Wenger style (except the not winning titles part), so I want some countries with relatively unkwown but also cheap wonderkids, of course there's France as usual, Holland might be a good bet and Italy has some, any other recommendations? :)

All Brazilians but will get work permits in England, and have sweet minimum release clauses. Adyran ($875k), Wellington Nem ($3.2m-ish), Ademilson ($5m-ish)

Last edited:
I know I'm doing something wrong, but I just fail to see what XD
Team is pretty decent, its 4-2-3-1 PSG side with Bocchetti as LB, Lars Bender and Fellaini as BWM. The rest of the squad is the same. So:
Sirigu
Jallet - Silva - Sakho - Bocchetti
Fellaini - Bender
Lavezzi - Pastore - Nene
Ibrahimovic

I find Ibrahimovic useless. Yes, due his poor work rate and team work he can't be much of helper in midfield. So he can't be complete forward and advanced forward. He has solid stats for Poacher, but due his pace, he's useless there too. Trequartista seems perfect for him. But then he averages 6.5 rating with only 10 passes per game?!
I dominate opponents, have 60+ possession, have at least 3 CCC, but my players just doesn't want to score XD
But my opps score when they want. They just need to get into my half and everything is falling apart. Their 4 players combine between my 8 players, and they always hold the ball for few minutes, they someone makes wonder pass and its a goal. Yes, I know this isn't the games fault, I suck at it. I hate to admit, but this is first Football Manager game that I struggle. I struggle big time and I'M LOVING IT. It's much more realistic and it means more fun.
Now, if anyone can spot my mistake, it would be perfect:
-Balance ( flud)
-Control
-More direct
-Less creative freedom
-Stand off more
-More cautious
-Zonal marking
(what else is there?)

Def line - middle ( normal)
Width - Wide
Tempo - quick

If you need some screenshot, please tell me.

i wonder if any1 has the same problem as me, im newcastle and for some reason when i play in a euro or any cup game except for finals the game seems really slow even before the match when im doing team talks it takes about 2-3 minutes for anything to respond, at first i thought it was my pc but its one of the best out there for gaming, is there anything in the preference i could change like untick show sky or background ect.ect. ???????

Haven't seen anyone else ask this yet so maybe I messed up a setting somewhere. But on the training screen I can't move the scheduling slider, how do I fix that? I want my team to get atleast accomplished with my tactic but its going to take a full year if I can't move that slider.

In previous versions I found lots of good coaches from Brazil, but I'm wondering if anyone has a "favorite nation" to add when it comes to finding good coaches? I have all the major nations added ofc, and a database exceeding 90.000 players. But I wouldn't mind adding some more if anyone know of nations that include/generate good coaches. Can barely find any 5 star coaches, let alone any that will actually sign.

Haven't seen anyone else ask this yet so maybe I messed up a setting somewhere. But on the training screen I can't move the scheduling slider, how do I fix that? I want my team to get atleast accomplished with my tactic but its going to take a full year if I can't move that slider.

Perhaps you have assigned your assistant manager to do the training.

I don't think anyone has asked this particular question but iv'e made a lot of new signings and im seeing that they're not really feeling it together, so what's best "Team Cohesion" under "General Training" or "Teamwork" under "Match Training". Are there different advantages they offer? If so what?
Cheers

I don't think anyone has asked this particular question but iv'e made a lot of new signings and im seeing that they're not really feeling it together, so what's best "Team Cohesion" under "General Training" or "Teamwork" under "Match Training". Are there different advantages they offer? If so what?
Cheers

You could probably do both mate! Especially team cohesion as you said you signed a lot of players. Teamwork will also work in your favour and the players will get used to the way each other plays on the field.

You could probably do both mate! Especially team cohesion as you said you signed a lot of players. Teamwork will also work in your favour and the players will get used to the way each other plays on the field.

View attachment 283773 Thanks man but im finding this team really hard to gel, they're all kind of new(within 3/4 seasons) and some of them compliment each others game styles whereas others dont. I can't play them all at once because they don't play the same way. Is there a way to speed up the cohesion process?