The " I have a small question" thread FM13

View attachment 283773 Thanks man but im finding this team really hard to gel, they're all kind of new(within 3/4 seasons) and some of them compliment each others game styles whereas others dont. I can't play them all at once because they don't play the same way. Is there a way to speed up the cohesion process?

Not really. Here its more à question Of listening to the scouts pre-transfer and look at their adaptabiliy, spoken language etc, all those variables that makes it take longer for players to settle.

If signing your players from abroad, it helps to have them mentored by à fellow teammate (with good mental stats) from their region. Also having à coach speaking English AND language "X" helps them to get through the transition phase.

Last edited:
Perhaps you have assigned your assistant manager to do the training.

Just checked that and I don't have that set. Thanks for the tip though :)
I think I discovered the answer when looking at my training screen a lot of the days are greyed out also and say "Semi-Professional" so I'm assuming its just a LLM thing. Once I win promotion and get professional status hopefully it will become available. Half star training facilities ftl hehe

Last edited:
Okay so Iv got myself a fine regen GK but his aerial ability is 10 which aint great this is the weak spot Iv had Ustari tutor him and his aerial is only 10 as well so he can no longer help...
there is no training focus which would suggest that it will improve aerial ability so I just have him improving jumping...

How do I improve this? jumping/handling/agility? a combination?

Hi,

I have a small question. I wanted to try some of the new features, so I have asked my board to hire the staff for my club, but I would really like to get some news when this happens.

Is there a "hidden" setting that I can turn on to get this information? Also I don't get any news when they sign a new contract?

Just wondered what opposition instructions, team talks people are using?

How do I get my wingers to play as wingers? No matter what instructions I give them they refuse to run with the ball, refuse to put crosses into the box, continually cut inside when I tell them to hug the touchline?

What instructions etc. should I be giving them to actually get them to operate as wingers?

can i have some tips on trying to exploit opposition weakness, opposition instructions and just generally planning for each opponent as this years game is heavily dependent on it .

When i go to upload a tactic into my game, it says 'this file could not be imported'. Why is it saying that?

Can anyone recommend some decent set piece setting for the new patch ?

Hi,

I have a small question. I wanted to try some of the new features, so I have asked my board to hire the staff for my club, but I would really like to get some news when this happens.

Is there a "hidden" setting that I can turn on to get this information? Also I don't get any news when they sign a new contract?

No one?

quick question

What are the conditions of someone being granted an British work permit? I want to sign an 20 year old American guy and he has had 2 full international caps, but still fails the work permit.

can i train a player to a position he isnt even akward at and that isnt even defined in his positions screen? developing a tactic with a sweeper, but there are very few sweepers in game!

can i train a player to a position he isnt even akward at and that isnt even defined in his positions screen? developing a tactic with a sweeper, but there are very few sweepers in game!

Yes you can but its important that he plays in that position to. Otherwise it Will take too long.

Yes you can but its important that he plays in that position to. Otherwise it Will take too long.

thank you!

i also posted in your thread from the 352 sweeper and wing-back tactic, would appreciate it if you could take a look and give me your opinion :) thanks again!

thank you!

i also posted in your thread from the 352 sweeper and wing-back tactic, would appreciate it if you could take a look and give me your opinion :) thanks again!

Will do tonight after having loaded up FM.

looking for tips on how to park the bus and keep it 0-0

Is it possible to create an adaptive tactic? By that I mean, is there anyway that I can get my players to respond differently to different situations? I want them to pass fast and fairly directly on the counter, but slow and short in general play.

Secondly, is it possible to make players adapt to each other, so the DM covers the DC when the DC goes to cover for the fullback? I would like to make a double pivot where one player attacks and one player defends, in turn. I have gotten results with it by having them swap between the roles but the problem is that it makes my tactic lopsided as one half is always more aggressive than the other.

Cheers in advance :)

What are the best preferred moves for defenders and such? I'm trying to invest more time in the development of my youngsters and i want them to learn the right preferred moves. I'm looking for some help on this. What's best for an IF/DLP/AMC/CB/... for example.

Hi, I'm new to Football Manager and this is my first post in this Forum.

I wanted tom know if it's possible to have a youngsters assigned in the Senior Squad while still having him available to play for the U20 Squad. The thing is that my Senior Squad coaches are fantastic Working with Youngsters, so I was wondering if it's possible to have my best youngsters training in the Senior or Reserves Squads while still them being available for the U20 Team. I know this happens in real life but I don't know if it's possible in FM 2013.

Another thing until which age is important the Working with Youngsters coaching stat, U18, U20, U23? Because I'm wondering if it would be better having these coaches assigned to the U20 Squad instead of the Senior Squad.

This are the coaches in case you're wondering:

I am playing a wide 4-2-3-1 formation with Dortmund, where the CM's are appointed BWM and DLP.
And I concede goals in almost every game, and most of the goals are conceded by a throughball from the center of my own half.
Does anybody have a clue, what I can do to prevent conceding so many goals?