The " I have a small question" thread FM13

Can anyone help me please!!!! I need a formation ...
i wanna play 5-3-1 (wing backs and a SW) like this:
--------SW-------
----CB------CB---
RWB---------LWB
---DLP-----BWM--
-------AMC--------
---DLP------P------
I have tried and tired setting one up but i have major problems mainly in that its so so inconsistant, i struggle with the SW settings and CB, ( i always get caught out with quick strikers) the wing backs are always out numbered and when my Mids steps in to help out it leaves a massive gap in the Mid for a simple pass..

Genernally i like playing rigid counter attack football, direct or short passing tactics are also ok.. i usually like going Newcastle united, Crystal Palace... however willing to consider any time you suggest to test a tactic with... can you anyone please help?

Hi I have a few questions. I'm playing LLM and my biggest problem is that the opposition strikers seem to be able to always get behind my DC and then their team kicks the ball straight through to them and they score. This is how I concede atleast 90% of my goals. So my question is, do I just need better defenders? If so what stats should I look for to stop this? Or is it something I can tweak in my tactic? I'm using a Deep defensive line and have the 2 DC and 2 FB set to Defend but they still cannot stop the strikers from getting into that scoring position.

What is the best way to analyze your just created tactic, where to look at when youre watching the match, do you watch the analyze also? etc.

I hope this qualifies as a small question, if not re-direct me and I'll take it elsewhere!

I cannot stop conceding goals on my Watford save. Roughly 90 in a 46 game season. I was playing an average line with defenders who aren't slow. Tackling was set to standard, man-to-man marking and pressing to standard.

For my second season I've gone the opposite element and have new defenders. Still conceding a hatful. Also, had training on defence & defensive positioning since August '12, now in September '13: appears to have made zero difference...

Just a quickie, I'm trying to play a short passing keep the ball tactic and I want to use a smaller/medium pitch but I never get asked at the start of the season what size I want it like in previous games. Where can I go to alter the pitch size??

Just a quickie, I'm trying to play a short passing keep the ball tactic and I want to use a smaller/medium pitch but I never get asked at the start of the season what size I want it like in previous games. Where can I go to alter the pitch size??

I THINK it has to do with some new regulations where pitches if possible should have the same size

How do you play against 532/352/5211 etc. etc. Iv found it incredibly hard to beat these systems just played Celta Vigo created 3 CCCs but only managed a 1-1 I played the last twenty minutes without a backline trying to score I only managed to score in the 90th minute from a corner...

I have a very strong side (playing as Cordoba) based around keeping the ball until the final third then playing a lot killer passes...

is it time for me to hang up my boots as i carn't seem to better my Brendon Rogers v2000 tactic :(

Bought Neymar for Chelsea. How should I play him together with Falcao?

Are sweepers any more effective on this version of FM? Or pretty much the same as ever?

Hey, I'm playing in the BSS currently and I need a good away counter-attacking tactic. I use a 4-4-2 Rigid formation. How should I alter my players instructions to maximize my counter-attacking threat? What are the best shouts to use? Thanks

I'm having trouble picking a couple of systems to fit my front 4 in,

I have

St - Tevez, Aguero, Cavani, Falcao

Wingers/IF - Bale,Neymar - Gotze, Nasri

any options? i usually like to play a 4 2 3 1, but will take any option, that i can rotate them all in and out of..

Do you have any duty advices with my formation : 4-1-2-1-2 ?

GK, 2-FB att, 2-CD - anchor man - AP att, Ball winning def - Terquarista - AF, Poacher

Are those duties 'good' or should I change something ?

Do you have any duty advices with my formation : 4-1-2-1-2 ?

GK, 2-FB att, 2-CD - anchor man - AP att, Ball winning def - Terquarista - AF, Poacher

Are those duties 'good' or should I change something ?

With a trenquarista and poacher who both wont help much in defence and both your fullbacks set to attack you might be a bit too easy to counter, changing your fullbacks to automatic should help give more cover without giving up them occasionally getting forward :)

I'm playing a 4-1-3-2 (Anchorman, RM is a winger, LM is a defensive winger and CM is an advanced playmaker), if I set the CM to be my playmaker and set the passing focus to 'either wing' what effect will that have? Will he then look to either flank to play the ball when he gets it or will he get missed out all together?

Recently I have started by recreating the famous Barça tactic. That is basically passing around until your opponent gives up. I am absoluty demolishing everyone with at least three goals difference. An great example was the Spanish Super Cup against Real Madrid. As you know, this final are played over two games. The first game was in Camp Nou. I won with 6-1, the return was also an victory. After 90 minutes was the score 0-4.

But I kinda lost track. I dominate in the Liga BBVA, but I just can't get my passes over 650. All the players have an mentality in the range of 9-14. The passing of the players is around the range of 4-9. Tempo and time waisting are 7-3.

I hope that someone has the solution of creating more passes. Because I'm at a dead end for the first time in years with my tactic based on having the ball instead of chasing it.