The " I have a small question" thread FM13

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Here, you post question that does not need a thread of its own, like " How do I change a players role" or " What is the difference between playing direct and playing lots of t-balls". In short, simple questions that have a straight answer to them.

Last edited:
How do I get my players more familiar with my tactics? I have my general training set to 'Very High' and 'Tactics' but I am at the first game of the season and they are as unfamiliar as at the start.

How do I get my players more familiar with my tactics? I have my general training set to 'Very High' and 'Tactics' but I am at the first game of the season and they are as unfamiliar as at the start.

Tactics in the Generall training is a stat-category, just like Ball Control and has noting to do with the tactic you actually play.
To get the team more familiar with the tactical approach, you need to play matches, get the squad yelled( team cohesion) and obviously use the same tactic/s in the match prep. This along with using Tactics in the match Training

Yeah just seen this in my game, started to get a bit more familiar. Cheers mate, at least you know what you are doing so you can help us all!

Why does a player who gets 7.7 rating in a match respond poorly when I set the overall team talk to good game?
Surely he will feel he is being praised for a job well done!

Why does a player who gets 7.7 rating in a match respond poorly when I set the overall team talk to good game?
Surely he will feel he is being praised for a job well done!

It depends on the reaction. If its " red" because he " did not seem to listen" or seemed to switch off", then its mostly down to him not being motivated enough. Here, its à sign that he is or is becoming conplacent. It can also be that the player lacks in ambition.

If à player gets confused, then its because you have confused him om your overall team talk.

If it makes him " angry", then I have no clue.

It depends on the reaction. If its " red" because he " did not seem to listen" or seemed to switch off", then its mostly down to him not being motivated enough. Here, its à sign that he is or is becoming conplacent. It can also be that the player lacks in ambition.

If à player gets confused, then its because you have confused him om your overall team talk.

If it makes him " angry", then I have no clue.

Ok thanks that should defo help me give better team talks / get players who are more on my wavelength.

Ok thanks that should defo help me give better team talks / get players who are more on my wavelength.

Agree. Once 3 0r 4 seasons into the save, you have had the opportunity to build à real team, à team full Of pros.

How do you import a training schedule in FM13?

Thank you

Hi guys. I've played FM for about a year now, but never really made my own tactic :p I feel like i don't get the full experience of the game while playing with pre made tactics, but whenever i try to make a tactic myself i loose everything.. What i notice about the tactics i download from you guys is that it looks way more advanced with arrows and different team- and player settings. My question is how to create more advanced tactics and not just the simple ones :p

I have two quick questions

Is there any advantage to buy a player over monthly installments as opposed to just giving them all the money up front? 48 month installments still restrict me to whatever my transfer budget is.

Also, I sent a young fella out on loan (souleymane coulibaly) and got his match reports and he was sucking balls at Portsmouth, average rating of like 6.4 and only 2 goals, anyway when he gets back he is whining that he learnt nothing... What the ****? If he can't play well down with the likes of Portsmouth, how does he think he is going to make it into my team? I don't care so much that he didn't have a great season, just why didn't he learn anything?

I have two quick questions

Is there any advantage to buy a player over monthly installments as opposed to just giving them all the money up front? 48 month installments still restrict me to whatever my transfer budget is.

Also, I sent a young fella out on loan (souleymane coulibaly) and got his match reports and he was sucking balls at Portsmouth, average rating of like 6.4 and only 2 goals, anyway when he gets back he is whining that he learnt nothing... What the ****? If he can't play well down with the likes of Portsmouth, how does he think he is going to make it into my team? I don't care so much that he didn't have a great season, just why didn't he learn anything?

Paying over 48months doesn't restrict you to your transfer budget, you just have to pay a % of the value straight away which is taken from your transfer budget. Most people use it to buy in big players even though they don't have the money. Downside to it is if you do it too much you can run yourself into massive debt really easily.

Depends on a lot of things, when you loan someone out look at the formation they use and what style of play they use. Also some players have a hard time fitting into a new team, even more so one that doesn't suit their strengths. Having the worlds greatest ST doesn't mean much if he's played completely wrong.

I have two players with "unhappy with the level of training he is getting" (Wilshere and Koke)
  • Individual Focus is "Heavy"
  • General and Match Training is 20%; and intensity is "very low"
  • Their overall training workload is "Medium"
  • Both players' personality are "Resolute"
I don't understand why these are the only players in the team that are unhappy with training? All the young players have "heavy" individual focus and have no problems.

Transfer question...

I loaned Oscar Cardozo for a season Im now in december Im paying 60k per month if I terminate the loan will it stop monthly payments? or do they continue?

Transfer question...

I loaned Oscar Cardozo for a season Im now in december Im paying 60k per month if I terminate the loan will it stop monthly payments? or do they continue?

Is this 60K/week wages ? . If so, then you are simply paying a part of / wholes his wage during the loan spell but when he gets back to the club, the payment ends with it.

Is this 60K/week wages ? . If so, then you are simply paying a part of / wholes his wage during the loan spell but when he gets back to the club, the payment ends with it.

No i pay half his 30k wage but also have to pay a monthly fee of 60k... I cancelled it anyway I think it saved me about 300k

I have two goalkeeping coaches, and there are two training categories they cover, am I better to assign one to each category, or have them each assigned to both? They have higher star ratings when assigned to do just one, but the "ask assistant" thing always has them doing both. Same applies for fitness coaches.