The " I have a small question" thread FM14

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Please keep all smaller questions regarding Tactic and Training in here.

Has the 'Playmaker' & 'Targetman' option been removed?

Has the 'Playmaker' & 'Targetman' option been removed?
Yes

In real life, a player acting like a regista with an CM/defend or anchorman next to him will be treated as the playmaker, so there is no need for the " list" or " a name". The same goes for the target man. The supply ( the TM) will be set by his role

can someone help me defend let in loads of goal I just cant defend

how do i tell if the opposition are dropping deep or pushing up i can only work it out after the match compaing average posistions to mine but buy then its to late thanks

Could you explain the new player roles such as the second striker role and the others which have been added this year

Is there any sort of conditional setting in the engine yet? i.e. if I had a pivot with 2 box to box players, are they able to check the other's position before they make their own run?

When do you want to use the stopper or cover role for defenders. After 2 FM's I still don't really get it.

When do you want to use the stopper or cover role for defenders. After 2 FM's I still don't really get it.

Basiclly, its a really good way to stop a single FC. One closing him down and one acting as cover. If they play with 2 FCs, its really risky unless you know exactly how the strikers are going to play.

i am managing dortmund and i need some advice.i want to play like bvb in real life.i am sure that they use a 4-2-3-1 formation with two cm's.i am not sure about their style of play and players roles.

How do i tell my Players to not cross so often ? i want them to play thru the middle .. But they keep crossing . Even Players with "cut inside" like pedro , neymar etc ... Is probably a beta problem ?

Quick Question. Is it possible to play possession football and win more often than in last years game?

Seem to have a big problem conceding goals from wingers. They seem to ghost in behind the full backs with ease.

I'm playing 3-4-1-2 with the 2 wingers being defensive / support - after conceding too many goals I reverted to a 4-5-1 & put my fullbacks marking their wingers tightly. My left back had a nightmare & their 17 year left winger scored a hat trick.

I'm FC United in the TSN & appreciate that I can't attract brilliant defensive players - however the flipside is that I'm not playing particularly great players either.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

If I play with one player with the offensive playmaker role and one deep lying playmaker at the same time. Which one takes priority as the playmaker? In FM13 I believe the one farthest down the pitch got it but there were always the option to change the playmaker.

i am managing dortmund and i need some advice.i want to play like bvb in real life.i am sure that they use a 4-2-3-1 formation with two cm's.i am not sure about their style of play and players roles.
Weidenfeller
Gro?kreutz - Hummels - Subotić - Schmelzer
G?ndoğan - Bender
Błaszczykowski - Mkhitaryan - Reus
Lewandowski

That's basically their lineup, give or take one or two rotation players, but I'm not too sure about the roles. This might help, though.

Seem to have a big problem conceding goals from wingers. They seem to ghost in behind the full backs with ease.

I'm playing 3-4-1-2 with the 2 wingers being defensive / support - after conceding too many goals I reverted to a 4-5-1 & put my fullbacks marking their wingers tightly. My left back had a nightmare & their 17 year left winger scored a hat trick.

I'm FC United in the TSN & appreciate that I can't attract brilliant defensive players - however the flipside is that I'm not playing particularly great players either.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Try playing two defensive midfielders? That may help if you're having a big problem with wingers - but beware, it may reduce your side's attacking threat significantly!

If I play with one player with the offensive playmaker role and one deep lying playmaker at the same time. Which one takes priority as the playmaker? In FM13 I believe the one farthest down the pitch got it but there were always the option to change the playmaker.
It would probably be the Advanced Playmaker - that would make more sense.