How do you get the players to make runs away from their position? I've seen pictures of tactics posted here where there is these yellow arrows pointing out from the players which I assume means that they are directed to move towards that area, but I don't know how to do that myself? Are the arrows just added to the picture, for clarification, and there's a setting somewhere that you can choose where the players run, or is there some way to just tell them to do it?

This is an example from a picture I saw here;

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-game-newcastle-united-tactics_-overview-.png

How do you get the players to make runs away from their position? I've seen pictures of tactics posted here where there is these yellow arrows pointing out from the players which I assume means that they are directed to move towards that area, but I don't know how to do that myself? Are the arrows just added to the picture, for clarification, and there's a setting somewhere that you can choose where the players run, or is there some way to just tell them to do it?

This is an example from a picture I saw here;

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-game-newcastle-united-tactics_-overview-.png

I may be wrong but I believe that you get those arrows when you convert to classic tactics. A forward arrow indicates that runs from deep to often and a backwards arrow indicates it is set to rarely.

Is there any teams that play wingbacks in the game?

helloiamanewlow
How do you get your team to learn a tactic quickly?

Should the focus be on 'teamwork'?

'high', 'very high'?

Thanks

Leave it blank (none) for quicker learning of a tactic. It actually gives a general boost to everything. Teamwork is for new signings/players getting to know eachother.

TheAvenger
Guys I'm confused about using team setting and players setting. If I adjusted settings for each player is there aneed to adjust team setting and vice versa? , or is it important to adjust bothplayer setting for each player mixed with team setting?

No, I'm pretty sure player instructions always override team instructions (high attacking team mentality is overwritten by a specific players defensive mentality). Then again, there is no point having a high team attacking mentality if you are going to put all players on very defensive mentality afterwards.

DIGBruce
This may not count as a small question but thought I'd ask here first before creating a new thread. I'm having difficulty getting into a game because I'm struggling with tactics. I feel as though I don't fully understand what each instruction does, what starting strategy and philosophy imply upon the tactic.

I was wondering if anyone knew of anything, anyone has written online that may be able to help me out. Or if anyone has the time just to give me a brief explanation of the main things that affect tactic success/style of play etc. I've "played" 22 hours of FM12 so far and have yet to play more than 8 league games because I just can't get my head around it and get into a game. Sorry if this seems a stupid question but any help is much appreciated.

I suggest checking out some of the tactics already put out here, or some from the FM11 forums. If you want to learn how to tweak you should try to understand what the settings "mean" and how they affect the playstyle of a team. I can suggest looking at kofloks current tactic as its pretty easy to understand, whereas other tactics such as Zero Sea's are harder to decipher (somewhat strange settings and non-linear instructions).

In my experience, I tend to keep my defensive instructions (back 4) pretty similar for every tactic, just because I have one that I know works, while attacking instructions are all about changing something and seeing if it creates goals.

Last thing I can suggest if you really don't know what's the matter is just watching a game with Full Match on, just to see where the **** you lose the ball/which players make consistent mistakes.

I've got a quick question:) I am using a few tactics now in game trying the ones I like ie: Might and Magic, Goals Galore, Etc...Each one is built to a specific type of player with specific stats required...I'm also using Dunc's Training...If I throw those players into specific training regiments...while they change??? Like Can Attacking Mid R Support become a winger?

I've got a quick question:) I am using a few tactics now in game trying the ones I like ie: Might and Magic, Goals Galore, Etc...Each one is built to a specific type of player with specific stats required...I'm also using Dunc's Training...If I throw those players into specific training regiments...while they change??? Like Can Attacking Mid R Support become a winger?

To sum it up short;
no.

Or it depends.
Training only does so much, it might give a couple of extra points in some stats, but you really just have to look at your player and see if he would fit in the position or not. Then again, if your CMR happens to be really pacey, has good technique and dribbling, good Flair and crossing/finishing, then sure, he could probably do well as a winger. Just don't think you can retrain a centre back into becoming a world class striker, because he won't.
Think about training as a way to hone a player, give him those extra few points in the stats that really matter, not a way to reassign all skillpoints a player has.

I have a small question about creating your own tactic. How shall I do to have as much possession as possible? Short passes, slow passing speed etc. And I know that it deppends on my players as much as the tactic itself.

Quick training question. I've got a pretty amazing regen and I'm looking for advice on the best way to train him to fulfil his potential

Stats

05e8190f9b934b43f3f8876f9965f712.png

ecb51172e918005a0bb416c5a27d9bfd.png

Thanks in advance!

First of all I recommend getting custom schedules - Dunc's are good, if you don't feel like making your own. IMO he'd be a good poacher, but you'd have to put him on individual training to improve his composure first and later his first touch, which is also very important.

//Edit - And tutors, don't forget tutors.

Thanks for the reply :) Already got him on training for composure and I'll download the training schedules tomorrow.

Thankssss

what will happen if i set wide play of all tree my AMs (AML, AMC, AMR) to moves into channels??
also how does it work in combination with roaming?? (I've heard not so good, but its hard for me to understand why)

i am trying to add more flamboyancy with keeping ball on the ground, so all of them have high CF, TB often, while RWB, LS, CB are set to rarely...
tnx

a couple of quick training questions:
1. once you have the training workload for a category on 'light', is there any benefit to having more coaches?
2. should you ever have a coach teaching more than 1 PPM at a time?
3. why does it seem that some players learn PPM's from coaches more quickly than others? e.g. i started suarez on 'comes deep to get ball', and then a month later started downing on 'switch ball to other flank', but downing learnt his before suarez (who still hasn't learnt his).

As anyone seen a Swansea tactic?

A tactic that plays really nice 1/2 touch passing from the back to the front, with direct attacking form their pacey/skillfull wingers Sinclair and Dyer with the clever hold up play from Graham, and dominate possession like Swansea do in real life (70% - 30% possession against Bolton today)

I've seen some Barca style ones, but they are asymmetric types, with players swapping position etc. Where as Swansea don't do this.. they keep a very good 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1 formation with no players swapping position.

Thanks.

I dont have the game in english but I have a question about an advice a coach give me in a player's training section that says, more or less, " The guy has stopped his development because he needs a new challenge". What does it means please?

Thanks

I dont have the game in english but I have a question about an advice a coach give me in a player's training section that says, more or less, " The guy has stopped his development because he needs a new challenge". What does it means please?

Thanks

He needs more first team matches, i think

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Where is the option to have two players swapping positions? Does it even exist anymore?

He needs more first team matches, i think

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Where is the option to have two players swapping positions? Does it even exist anymore?

yeah, just click tactics/ player instructions and chose the player, then use swap

what will happen if i set wide play of all tree my AMs (AML, AMC, AMR) to moves into channels??
also how does it work in combination with roaming?? (I've heard not so good, but its hard for me to understand why)

i am trying to add more flamboyancy with keeping ball on the ground, so all of them have high CF, TB often, while RWB, LS, CB are set to rarely...
tnx
I think it's because you're giving them too much Creative Freedom and your team structure will collapse. It's like letting everyone play anywhere they want.

If you want some more flair or flamboyancy in your team, just give them more Creative Freedom, not let everyone roam around.

a couple of quick training questions:
1. once you have the training workload for a category on 'light', is there any benefit to having more coaches?
2. should you ever have a coach teaching more than 1 PPM at a time?
3. why does it seem that some players learn PPM's from coaches more quickly than others? e.g. i started suarez on 'comes deep to get ball', and then a month later started downing on 'switch ball to other flank', but downing learnt his before suarez (who still hasn't learnt his).
1. It's always better to have more coaches, but in this situation I don't think you'd benefit much - their wages outbalance their usefulness. So don't appoint anymore if your schedule is on Light.

2. I wouldn't suggest it, as it will increase their workload. Not entirely sure, though.

3. Maybe because it is more natural for Downing. It's like telling Rooney and Bent to come deep more, who do you think will adapt quicker? Rooney, because he comes deep anyway, but you are just encouraging him in a sense, not teaching him how to.

As anyone seen a Swansea tactic?

A tactic that plays really nice 1/2 touch passing from the back to the front, with direct attacking form their pacey/skillfull wingers Sinclair and Dyer with the clever hold up play from Graham, and dominate possession like Swansea do in real life (70% - 30% possession against Bolton today)

I've seen some Barca style ones, but they are asymmetric types, with players swapping position etc. Where as Swansea don't do this.. they keep a very good 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1 formation with no players swapping position.

Thanks.
Nope, unfortunately not.

Just play around with the tactics, make Graham's 'Hold Up Ball' into 'Yes', 'Short' passing, play Sinclair and Dyer as 'Winger > Attack's and make sure you have no roaming with a rigid formation if you don't want the players to go crazy.

I would give your attackers more Creative Freedom and defenders less, and make sure your tempo is fast, and that the defender's Passing is 'Short' to make quick, short passing.

Bear in mind, it may not work as well as in real life because Swansea employ a very strange tactic - and in FM it is hard to get a small team like the Swans to play good, attacking, possession football.

Thanks
I think it's an attitude/mental issue, and that he wants to leave the club. I think you should sell him, or interact with him. Mind you, he may solve this issue himself after a while.

Can anybody recommend a good tactic to use for MK Dons, they have a very strong midfield so i play a 4-5-1 atm with inside forwards as they also have strong wingers. I am doing OK in the playoffs but lack consistancy and never really thrash teams any suggestions please?

quick question

i have 3 physios in my game in the Irish premier division, but i really think i don't need all three, a few of my players are unhappy because they want a fitness coach, one of the physios is at a good level of fitness coaching. How do i set that physio up as a fitness coach?

Offer him a new contract but instead of choosing Physio when you're on the offer, switch that to Fitness Coach. He may or may not accept, if not, there's not much you can do, except I find that if you give them a shorter contract length, they usually accept.