If you use a stopper/cover then offside trap should not be used. Full backs should have high marking skills. If your DC's are slow then deeper line and offside trap is preferable.

Is it recommended to use "thight marking" with DC's? I've problem with set my defensive line - players seems to be helpless, especially in crosses into my penalty area.

Help with tactics

Where will I put the .tac files so, they will appear in the game?

C:\Users\(user_name)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\tactics

Is it recommended to use "thight marking" with DC's? I've problem with set my defensive line - players seems to be helpless, especially in crosses into my penalty area.

Ask that question to the experts, The Better Half, Raikon, iNickstuff, JP Woody, Mr Hough etc..... I've never quite got the hang of it. But remember you can't turn Morgan of Sheff Utd into Vidic by just getting the right settings.

Hey guys this new PPM style brings me a headache. Half of my players are learning a nearly-useless preferred move, and i want them to stop them and learn something more fitting to their role. How do i tell them to stop learning that PPM and start another?

Thanks!

Ask that question to the experts, The Better Half, Raikon, iNickstuff, JP Woody, Mr Hough etc..... I've never quite got the hang of it. But remember you can't turn Morgan of Sheff Utd into Vidic by just getting the right settings.

Yeah, but I'm playing BVB Dortmund, and I think that Subotic-Hummels should behave quite smarter that they do. :)

Hey guys this new PPM style brings me a headache. Half of my players are learning a nearly-useless preferred move, and i want them to stop them and learn something more fitting to their role. How do i tell them to stop learning that PPM and start another?

Thanks!

Pick the player and then a coach
View attachment 202221

Choose which training and then choose 'place his shots in the corner of the net' for example
View attachment 202220

Pick the player and then a coach
View attachment 202221

Choose which training and then choose 'place his shots in the corner of the net' for example
View attachment 202220

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't work for me. I picked a random forward who is currently learning "not to dive into tackles", and when i choose interaction, there is no "start PM training". Same for every other player who is currently learning a PM. The "start PM training" menu doesn't appear there..

My forward doesn't have any other Preferred moves, i don't know if it matters.

View attachment 202223

I haven't really used tight marking myself, unless my assistant instructs my players to specifically mark an opponent player tightly in a match - I just let the assistant take care of the pre-match opposition instructions. If you are having trouble with crosses, take a look at your defenders pace, positioning, and anticipation because attributes like that help to cut out crosses and help your defender generally be where they should be. Rio Ferdinand for example is a good reader of the game and his attributes are high in these areas (except maybe pace now that he's older :p). Jumping is useful if its headers that are giving you trouble. If they are catching you on the counter with crosses you could drop your line deeper. Also you could set some full backs to be more defensive (not attack or be set to automatic) as they can really shore up the defense, and importantly cut out crosses and defend against threatening wing play. I usually try to set my two full backs to defend. I can appreciate it won't work for everyone's tactic will work.

Wow, didn't realise it was Dortmund those guys should be solid, maybe they need more support in Defence as I mentioned! I was conceding too much with Liverpool so set the fullbacks to defend and it shored the defence up a good bit. I hardly ever got caught sleeping or by a quick counter attack.

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't work for me. I picked a random forward who is currently learning "not to dive into tackles", and when i choose interaction, there is no "start PM training". Same for every other player who is currently learning a PM. The "start PM training" menu doesn't appear there..

I wonder is it something to do with the way you play your team? Maybe that's why they are picking up some unusual traits? maybe you could give us a few examples.

View attachment 202223
I wonder is it something to do with the way you play your team? Maybe that's why they are picking up some unusual traits? maybe you could give us a few examples.

Last edited:

View attachment 202223

That's because he is already training a preferred move, not sure if one can rescind that instruction, it doesn't look like it. You may have to wait until he's finished his training and assign a new PPM.

When you want to loan out a player and want the club who is going to loan him pay nothing of his wages, do you choose 0% or 100% wage contribution (which team does it mean regarding wages mine or theirs ?) ?

Ok, my wing back's preferred move is somehow removed. I didn't do anything, he just decided to unlearn it by himself. So i guess we can remove the PPMs, i just don't know how.
Any ideas?

View attachment 202237

When you want to loan out a player and want the club who is going to loan him pay nothing of his wages, do you choose 0% or 100% wage contribution (which team does it mean regarding wages mine or theirs ?) ?

So sorry, i don't know. Try saving your game and after you go through with the loan and you sort it out, just reload. That's what i do to figure out staff i don't know.

Ok, my wing back's preferred move is somehow removed. I didn't do anything, he just decided to unlearn it by himself. So i guess we can remove the PPMs, i just don't know how.
Any ideas?

If you say 0% the loaning team will pay nothing towards their wages. What you set this % to is what you expect the loaning team to contribute to the players wages if they take him on loan.

Hi,

I have my team created with an overloading tactic but have manually set my full-backs to ultra-defensive mentality. Even so, I still can't make them stop from goin' up in the field. Does the general tactic override those instructions?

Sry about my english.
Thanks,

GRGoucho

When changing tactics during a match my settings in "opposition instructions" disappears. It's very annoying having to do the same thing over and over again. Is there any way to keep the settings in "opposition instructions" when you're changing tactics?

I have a problem with my defence, i conceed alot of goals when their strikers just go around my centrebacks and do nothing about it, does anyone have a clue on how to fix it? :p

Hey, guys!

I accidentally changed my captain and squad morale dropped.
Is there any way to get it him back?

can somebody help me about scouting and finding best young wonderkids...? should i sing best scouts and send them to specific country?need few good tips:) .... anybody?

tnx for ans. bye.