quick question

i have 3 physios in my game in the Irish premier division, but i really think i don't need all three, a few of my players are unhappy because they want a fitness coach, one of the physios is at a good level of fitness coaching. How do i set that physio up as a fitness coach?

Fistly: One **** of a good nick you have :D
As an answer to your Questions: Basically, you dont as one is a gym teacher and one is a doctor ;D
But if really wanting to, then you have to offer him a different contract although I am not sure it can be done

Tactics/Graphics QuestionWhen I'm at the tactics overview screen, I can't see the players' shirts, only the info about his position, role, etc.How do I fix this?Thank you in advance

Whut files needs to be removed to get the real names of the german national team? anyone who knows? TQ

And where can i find a patch, i still have the standard one!

Whut files needs to be removed to get the real names of the german national team? anyone who knows? TQ

And where can i find a patch, i still have the standard one!

If you have put steam offline, you need to put it back online again and then it will update the game for you. Just make sure that you actually allow it to do so ( firewalls etc)

is there a tactic that makes good use of Carroll, or is he still **** in this game

If you set two strikers to position swap, and they have different roles (eg one is a poacher and the other a deep lying fwd), they would keep their own role. Correct?

what is the kind of training you should give a complete forward?

If you set two strikers to position swap, and they have different roles (eg one is a poacher and the other a deep lying fwd), they would keep their own role. Correct?

no; they take up the role of the new position they have swapped into.

e.g. if you have rooney as a deep lying fwd and hernandez as a poacher and you tick "swap position" and set them to swap with each other, then at times hernandez will swap and play as a deep lying fwd and rooney will play as a poacher - which, i'm guessing, is not what you were after.

in my experience, the 'swap roles' thing doesn't really work too well in the match engine; hoping they fix this when they overhaul the engine for fm13.

also, can anyone help me with this? i can't seem to find where to improve a player's weaker foot - in FM11 it used to be under individual training, I think, but it's not there now.

I find it works out for inside forwards but not so much anyone else.

Cant assign a coach to do att. or shooting

I can't seem to have the coaching assignment of Attacking and Shooting.

It stopts at defending, i get a new coach of attacking and i cant put him to do attack or shoot!! ???

If à player likes to beat the offside trap and move into channels, it might be à bad idea to play him as à Linkplayer ( TQ or TM on support) if the approach the team play relies on him droppong deep etc.

I can't seem to have the coaching assignment of Attacking and Shooting.

It stopts at defending, i get a new coach of attacking and i cant put him to do attack or shoot!! ???

Are you playing the 'small windowed' version, if so the attack and/or can shooting disappear, you need to change the display mode, the you will be able to assign.

View attachment 202097View attachment 202098

Last edited:
Simple question, how do i set up an effective defence ?

Not really a simple question but here is a quick answer. Pacey full backs are good, for centre backs you can have 1 set as stopper, and one set as cover. This of Vidic as the stopper and Ferdinand as the cover. The cover should have decent pace, anticipation and postioning. The stopper should have good tackling heading, like Vidic. If you want to be even more solid set your full backs to defend instead of automatic. A defensive midfielder helps the defence even more - a 4-5-1 formation can be played with this defensive midfielder.

**If you don't have a very good defender set them as limited defenders, think Jamie Carragher, does the job well but hoofs the ball up field. Basically a limited defender tries to do the basics right, and it will minimise errors for less talented defenders. **

Hope all that helps.

Not really a simple question but here is a quick answer. Pacey full backs are good, for centre backs you can have 1 set as stopper, and one set as cover. This of Vidic as the stopper and Ferdinand as the cover. The cover should have decent pace, anticipation and postioning. The stopper should have good tackling heading, like Vidic. If you want to be even more solid set your full backs to defend instead of automatic. A defensive midfielder helps the defence even more - a 4-5-1 formation can be played with this defensive midfielder.

**If you don't have a very good defender set them as limited defenders, think Jamie Carragher, does the job well but hoofs the ball up field. Basically a limited defender tries to do the basics right, and it will minimise errors for less talented defenders. **

Hope all that helps.

If you use a stopper/cover then offside trap should not be used. Full backs should have high marking skills. If your DC's are slow then deeper line and offside trap is preferable.

Last edited:
I have a little problem, I can't change my "match Preparation" from average to low or from average to high... Evereytime I change and press the continue button it automaticly goes back to average. Anyone that has/or had the same problem and know how to fix it? :)

I have a little problem, I can't change my "match Preparation" from average to low or from average to high... Evereytime I change and press the continue button it automaticly goes back to average. Anyone that has/or had the same problem and know how to fix it? :)

Have you got the Assistant manager doing match prep ? Box should be unticked in Team policy