What's the best way for me to try/perfect tactics I've created? i.e. How can I test tactics properly without having to immerse myself in a new/existing game with transfers, player issues etc.?

What's the best way for me to try/perfect tactics I've created? i.e. How can I test tactics properly without having to immerse myself in a new/existing game with transfers, player issues etc.?

Watch some games in full, use the analyzing tool and see how, why and when what occurs.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with how to use a right footed AMR.

I normally use either a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 and have great success using a right footed AML who is between being an inside forward and advanced playmaker and using a poacher up front. I use classic settings so there all tweaked.

I cannot seem to get the best out of the right footed AMR's though (as left footed AMR's are harder to come by), the best compromise I have had is having him as kind of a support player with mentality two below attacking, creative freedom around halfway, run from deep - sometimes, run with ball - sometimes, long shots - rarely, through balls - often, crossing - sometimes and moves into channels. But this is still pretty inconsistent.

The players I have been using are Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Clint Dempsey.

Sorry for the longish post for a small question, if you need any extra info then please just ask.

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
Roughly how long does it take for a player to learn a language?
Depends on his adaptability and what languages he knows already. Could be anything from 6 months to 5 years but it's generally 1-2 years but after a hundred days some players can get a basic grasp of the language. Also depends on language difficulty.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with how to use a right footed AMR.

I normally use either a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 and have great success using a right footed AML who is between being an inside forward and advanced playmaker and using a poacher up front. I use classic settings so there all tweaked.

I cannot seem to get the best out of the right footed AMR's though (as left footed AMR's are harder to come by), the best compromise I have had is having him as kind of a support player with mentality two below attacking, creative freedom around halfway, run from deep - sometimes, run with ball - sometimes, long shots - rarely, through balls - often, crossing - sometimes and moves into channels. But this is still pretty inconsistent.

The players I have been using are Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Clint Dempsey.

Sorry for the longish post for a small question, if you need any extra info then please just ask.

Thanks in advanced
Clint Dempsey is a brilliant Inside forward down the right and the Ox isn't bad as an inside forward down the right.

Hello FM community, quick question,I am trying to upload new tactics, and I have absoloutly no clue how to add screenshots to them? I hear tactics will be deleted if no screenshots are listed with or on the file. Please help anyone.

Thanks....
anime.gif

I am trying to create a deadly striker parntership in a 4-2-4 formation. I play with Fiorentina and i am going to play with Gilardino as a poacher and Jovetic as a trequartista. I want to built the tactic arount the trequartista(Jovetic).

I have never played with a trequartista as a striker before, so i need some advice with tweaking his instructions.
Here are some questions:

Q1: should i go for the standard mentality or should i lower it so that he comes deeper to get the ball?

Q2: Is it really good to never having him running from deep?

I am trying to create a deadly striker parntership in a 4-2-4 formation. I play with Fiorentina and i am going to play with Gilardino as a poacher and Jovetic as a trequartista. I want to built the tactic arount the trequartista(Jovetic).

I have never played with a trequartista as a striker before, so i need some advice with tweaking his instructions.
Here are some questions:

Q1: should i go for the standard mentality or should i lower it so that he comes deeper to get the ball?

Q2: Is it really good to never having him running from deep?

I would use the normal mentality settings.
the main point of a TQ is that he should link with the midfield and be the creative force in the attacks. If he make runs forwards, one could just use a different role-. Just remember to give him enough passing options, using players runnig from deep from, well actually deep.

Hello FM community, quick question,I am trying to upload new tactics, and I have absoloutly no clue how to add screenshots to them? I hear tactics will be deleted if no screenshots are listed with or on the file. Please help anyone.

Thanks....
anime.gif

Inside the game Alt+F9 will create the screenshot in you Users/et caetera/screenshots folder. In the tools menu, the one where there's preferences and quit among others, there's print screen that would do that.

Then in the tactic upload there should be a button in the low part of the page for uploading screenshots. If you mean in a thread like this, then you upload your screenshot to a image hosting site like photobucket, then you copy the iamge link they give you (if you hover mouse over thumb you'll see a list of links below) and paste here. Or in the popup that shows if you clock the icon of a tree in a frame above the reply field and that's it.

How do you choose who to play and who to bench?

Do you decide based on better attributes or better stats? I'm curious when I should start a new player over an existing starter. Should I sit a guy out when he's in a 3 game rut?

Do you decide based on better attributes or better stats? I'm curious when I should start a new player over an existing starter. Should I sit a guy out when he's in a 3 game rut?

Normally yes, but it depends on his morale and the importance Of the next game. If he lacks in concidence, then perhaps showing him some faith in the team talks is better etc

I just got hired to coach the U 21 national team and I want to use the tactics that I use with my club. When I load them the level of familiarity is very low and I can't adjust the level of familiarity training. How long does it typically take national team tactics to become fluid given the a lack of games and etc?

I just got hired to coach the U 21 national team and I want to use the tactics that I use with my club. When I load them the level of familiarity is very low and I can't adjust the level of familiarity training. How long does it typically take national team tactics to become fluid given the a lack of games and etc?
NTs learn tactics unbelievably quickly.

Best tactic to use for Chelsea? using LFC Marshalls transfer update.

Two quick questions about getting players to learn to play in new positions:

1. Do players learn faster if they're given experience playing in that position during training? I have a left footed AMC with great stats to be an inside forward on the right wing. Had him training to play at AMR for 4-5 months and he's still not even at the Awkward stage on that position. He obviously has poor Adaptability, but hoping there might be a way to speed up the process a little.

2. Is there any way to stop players from "forgetting" learnt positions? I've had players become Accomplished in a position, who only have to miss a handful of games before they begin to slip, while other players rarely play in a learnt position but don't seem to lose their strength. Guessing it varies as a function of Adaptability (maybe Versatility too), but wondering if there's perhaps a way to insure against it. I know FM Genie displays position strength from 1-20. Is there a point on the scale where if a player can get to it then they won't forget?