Hi all,

Looking for tips to increase the number of passes my team is making.

After dominating for several years in all competitions I gave myself a new challenge of getting high stats. I have a talented team playing short, slow, pressing, possessive football. 4-2-3-1, with two CMs. Regularly getting 60-70% possession, managing to win most games by a couple of goals, but while passing is pretty accurate (85% on average) the number of passes itself is a little low. My attacking left wingback can frequently make around 80 passes -- the DLP occassionally gets up around the same number -- but I'm more interested in the team than individuals. Typically the average across positions is 40. Compare that to other possessive tactics, for example many of Raikan007's, and the average looks to be almost double that.

Creative freedom is low, most of the attacking players are able to roam, and almost all the players are instructed to rarely run with the ball, so I'm not sure what I should be doing to get the number of passes up.

Are FM 11 tactics effective in FM 12? I am interested in using the Parktheplane V2 tactic which was designed for FM11.

Are FM 11 tactics effective in FM 12? I am interested in using the Parktheplane V2 tactic which was designed for FM11.

It depends. Some of them exploited flaws in THAT match engine, flaws that are no longer there and some of them where just stable tactics that now are unstable since of the new flaws. ONe just have to use test them.

Just remember that if its a tactic made in the Tactic Creator, the strategies are not setup in the sam way no in Fm12 as in Fm11, like Defensive now using Counter whilst Attack does not.

I have been reading a lot about things related to creating your own tactic...so much that its getting confusing for me lol.

I have read/noticed several contradictions which adds to the confusion.

My question is "simple"...
What does the creativity bar actually affect / do concerning a players movement on the pitch and his "handling with ball possession" ?

I want my players to pass short at all times and never (rarely) walk with the ball unless instructed to do so...to my logic and understanding from what I have read this means hardly to no creative freedom as this allows the player to deviade from the instructed tactical settings...yet...in Raikan007's thread some say to increase creativity to prevent longer passes and/or walking with the ball.

I hope I am not too confusing here...if so....welcome to my world :p

I have been reading a lot about things related to creating your own tactic...so much that its getting confusing for me lol.

I have read/noticed several contradictions which adds to the confusion.

My question is "simple"...
What does the creativity bar actually affect / do concerning a players movement on the pitch and his "handling with ball possession" ?

I want my players to pass short at all times and never (rarely) walk with the ball unless instructed to do so...to my logic and understanding from what I have read this means hardly to no creative freedom as this allows the player to deviade from the instructed tactical settings...yet...in Raikan007's thread some say to increase creativity to prevent longer passes and/or walking with the ball.

I hope I am not too confusing here...if so....welcome to my world :p

Well, if restricting the players, they might end up in situations where they have no other choice than to just move forward( the zombie act,)or hoofing the ball( when facing their opponnet)If given more options, they would perhaps have put that pass earlier on

Well, if restricting the players, they might end up in situations where they have no other choice than to just move forward( the zombie act,)or hoofing the ball( when facing their opponnet)If given more options, they would perhaps have put that pass earlier on

Oké thanks, that behavior part is clear...but...in what way does the creativity slider influence that?
E.g. the slider has 20 adjustment options does this mean that when set on 1 the player is a "ball hoofing zombie" and when set on 20 the player is over confident thinking he's Messi but when its too late notices his lack in skill resulting in actions likewise to the setting on 1?

Raikan007 explained the passing slider somewhat like as a passing circel around the player...the higher the slider is set the wider the circel is and by so the pass has a greater distance.

But how does the creativity slider work?

Sorry for being a nag...just trying to make it clear for myself without any misunderstanding due to a language barrier.

In game analysis it says few people have hard time playing with RVP as the captain, how do I find out who it is and how to prevent it?
Thanks

Edit: What should I do with this regen? I do not have an AMC in my tactic so its either AM R/L or MC, which one should I retrain him to? AM R/L is an inside forward while MC is a offensive kind of midfielder.View attachment 268647

Last edited:
can anyone recommend me defensive tactics as i want to concede less and keep it tight at the back. im looking for the right formations, roles, strategy and team instructions to follow.

can anyone recommend me defensive tactics as i want to concede less and keep it tight at the back. im looking for the right formations, roles, strategy and team instructions to follow.

Have a look at these tactics and the Lower press versions

The 451 - Great results with Stoke Underdog / Middleteam

The Narrow Diamond - Top of the Table with Norwich 2011/2012 Underdog / Middleteam

The Deep 442 - EPL winners with Aston Villa 2011/2012 Underdog / Middleteam

The Deep 4231 Underdog / Middleteam

The Wide 42121 - Promotion with Posh, Hudds, Morecambe Underdog / Middleteam

352 -
Currently under betatesting MiddleTeam/Top Team

Narrow 4123 -
Great results with Stoke and Top Teams Underdog/MiddleTeam/Top Team

Narrow 41221 BOX
- Great resulst with Top teams MiddleTeam/Top Team

In game analysis it says few people have hard time playing with RVP as the captain, how do I find out who it is and how to prevent it?
Thanks

Edit: What should I do with this regen? I do not have an AMC in my tactic so its either AM R/L or MC, which one should I retrain him to? AM R/L is an inside forward while MC is a offensive kind of midfielder.View attachment 268647

He is an MC already. Play him there.

Sorry if this has been answered else where and i havent found it but:
I want to try creating my own tactics with a few teams that i've never played before, after creating the tactic etc how is the best way to test it? and how long should i test it for? Also do you know a good base formation for Newcastle,Sunderland or Aston Villa?
Cheers

Hi there Betterhalf!

Been using ur tactics for a long time now, but now im stuck..

Curently playing Almeira in L1
First seas. went up from L2 / finnishing first!
Sec seas. bottom half L1 (11th)/ lack of goals
Third seas. top half L1 (6th) / lack of goals
Four. seas right now att 11th with 11 games played!

NEED GOALS, and with my setup i wouldnt be a problem, but now it is!

My starting Setup! (4 - 2 - 3 - 1) Highpress deep & narrow

GK - B Saranov
YBV - P van Aanholt
BC - Anderson Martin
BC - H Pellerano
YBH - A Fedetskyi
DMC - H Bernardello
DMC - G Ngoyi
OMCV - H Medunjanin
OMC - E Seleznyov
OMCH - Ezequiel
A - L Ulloa

View attachment 269332 View attachment 269333

Any tip ?

BTW thanks for awsome help for all of us! :)

can anyone help me with setting up a 3-4-1-2 to work as best as possible as i no the match engine has certain flaws

i have a question on training. i have created my own schedules for first team players, that includes intensive tactics training for pretty much everyone as this covers most of the background and prime attributes. the players have been on this regimen for around half a season now. when i look at the team training progress area with all the red/green arrows, i see lots of green arrows which should indicate that the player is improving. however when i click on the specific attribute sometimes the line shows a decline in attribute. sometimes its an increase. what exactly are these arrows supposed to be showing?

can anyone help me with setting up a 3-4-1-2 to work as best as possible as i no the match engine has certain flaws

I love using 3-4-1-2.

Have two fast covering CB's with a stopper inbetween them. (all on defensive)

Your two wingers, and a ball winning cm with a deep lying playmaker in the middle. (all on support)

Attacking mid/trequartista depending on who you have sitting behind a poacher and deep lying forward. (all on attack)

I use fluid, control, shorter, more expressive, press more, more cautious, default, float and default.

Two wingers drop back when they need to giving you 5 at the back, the two cm's tend to sit a little deeper giving your CAM more room to work. Works well with teams that have a strong front three and half decent cb's (Napoli)

Hey TBH,
I was wondering how is the best way to utilise big strong Target men? I am Norwich so I have Holt and Morrison up front. How should I look to set up them and the midfield? I am looking to play a flat 4-4-2.

Is it possible to pre-set the Opposition Instructions so the stay the same for every single game? Big thanks. (H)

Last edited:
Will setting a "after league appearance" clause for a transfer take that money out of my transfer budget?

I'm trying to sign a promising youngster, I'm paying $150k up front with $2.8 million after 20 league games (which he won't get for 3+ years).

Or will 2.8 come out of my finances when the time comes?

thanks alot for the reply really working well so far producing some good football with some great goals cheers for the help once again