A couple questions.

First off, I've seen conflicting advice on the jumping stat for goalkeepers. In the required attributes for position thread on here, it lists jumping as very important for goalkeepers, but then on the training guide linked on here from another sight, it says aerial ability is the goalkeeper equivalent of jumping. So, should I train a goalie for jumping or not?

Secondly, do the youth coaches for my u-19 team have anything to do with the quality of academy grads I get? I've heard it does, but I normally don't employ youth coaches unless one of my coaches is only first team or something, since the regular coaches on my team can handle both the first team and youth with a light workload.

Thanks!

What's the difference between a Trequartista and a Deep Lying Forward ?

I'm using LFC Marshall's latest update and I'm playing as Rangers. When I offer any player a contact ( whatever squad status, tried them all) it only allows me to offer £90p/w. I adjusted the wage budget to around £40,000 remaining and I don't understand how this is possible. I need a solution asap.

Thanks, Mason :)

I'm using LFC Marshall's latest update and I'm playing as Rangers. When I offer any player a contact ( whatever squad status, tried them all) it only allows me to offer £90p/w. I adjusted the wage budget to around £40,000 remaining and I don't understand how this is possible. I need a solution asap.

Thanks, Mason :)

Have you any other players that have contract offers that have yet to be accepted ?. If so, then the board/budget calculates these as alreasy signed so your budget might not be that great

No i have no players that have been offered new contracts that need to be accepted. Just seems strange that I am only spending 55k a week on wages and have about 60k left to use after I adjusted the budget. :S

Last edited:
PPMS

I'm currently researching into PPMs as its something that I've really started utilizing in my play nowadays. Firstly just wanted to know of any guides/websites aside from FMbase and guidetofootballmanager that they've found with useful info on them. Also, what are the minimum values for the attributes for each PPM? For example, dives into tackles needs tackling, aggression, anticipation and decisions but what are the minimum values that are needed in order to avoid the classic "X doesn't think player is capable of learning this PPM...suggest other pointless lame one" Cheers guys, I'm using the swoop there it is tactic so just trying to mold my team as best as i can!

I have some thoughts about my Tactic? I have many shots but few hits goal, what can that be? and what should I change to make it get better?

then a question of the defense line, how can I do to make it more stable and better?

View attachment 266136View attachment 266137

You can't use a false nine upfront if you don't have players eagerly looking to exploit the space in behind (which was one of Spain's problems before Euro 2012). The reason you have so many shots off-target is because nobody is trying to get forward into shooting distance except for the wingers, who are usually not really in the best position to shoot anyway.

1) If you insist on using a false nine, don't make him the target man with "Run Onto Ball". Make him the playmaker (this should happen by default if you uncheck the "Playmaker" box).
2) You need some drive from midfield, especially when using a false nine. Change one (or both, if you're daring) of the Central Midfielders to an Attack duty. Using an Inside Forward or two would also help.

If you end up not using a false nine and opting for a lone striker, make sure that he is capable of holding up the ball (DLF-S, TM-S, or CF-S if he's good enough); otherwise he can wind up being lost upfront.

Does the Match Prep level (very - very high) affect the focus training part as well or just the learning of the tactic. E.g. if I want my team to concentrate on attacking movement will having the match prep level set at very low affect how quickly I learn attacking movement

Does the Match Prep level (very - very high) affect the focus training part as well or just the learning of the tactic. E.g. if I want my team to concentrate on attacking movement will having the match prep level set at very low affect how quickly I learn attacking movement

No, it has no influence on the specific match preperation. Have a look in Mantralux guide ( found as a sticky) about training and match prep for more information about how it works

I have a question about the tactics after the first season-.. I used the first season to stop the production goal and the defensive has started to leak like a sieve!! is someone who can give tips on what to do, so it becomes effective again?

I have a question about the tactics after the first season-.. I used the first season to stop the production goal and the defensive has started to leak like a sieve!! is someone who can give tips on what to do, so it becomes effective again?

Most of the times, this is down to using a tactic that relies of heavy press. Once the opponents sits back a little more and your players get slightly more complacent, that tactic might fall apart. ONce you start loosing matches of fail to score, you get into a slump that you( and me) as a coach have not dealt with before. Here, yhou have to grind out a few result, speak to the players and demand results or just have faith in them in your conversation

Personally, I have never seen this happen butthis is because I dont use the same appraoch all the time. I chnage strategy and play more compact and try to ****** a win, using this micro feature of man management

Okay, my "small question" is this: how come my goalkeeper distributes the ball to defenders when I set my strategy to attack, and kicks the ball to midfield when I set my strategy more defensively? does that mean that defense line is set up higher when defending and vice versa? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Okay, my "small question" is this: how come my goalkeeper distributes the ball to defenders when I set my strategy to attack, and kicks the ball to midfield when I set my strategy more defensively? does that mean that defense line is set up higher when defending and vice versa? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

In FM defensive football is tied to get the ball as far forward as fast as possible - direct passing, long passes from behind shorter in the front, GK distributing with long kicks, avoid losing it near the area, while offensive is tied to ellaborate play - shorter passing, short passes in the back to build up, longer passes in the front so when out of options the defense recycles possession , GK distributing short.

In FM defensive football is tied to get the ball as far forward as fast as possible - direct passing, long passes from behind shorter in the front, GK distributing with long kicks, avoid losing it near the area, while offensive is tied to ellaborate play - shorter passing, short passes in the back to build up, longer passes in the front so when out of options the defense recycles possession , GK distributing short.

That explains it. Tnx