TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Instead of starting new threads, please put your small question in here.

A small question is in my definition a question that has a straight answer, a question that there is no point in having a discussion about when one has provided enough information about the problem. If you feel that you want to brainstorm around a subject you have doubts about, feel free to start a thread about it

Please note that this is the tactics & training part of the forum so if you have anything that relates to graphics, players or if you are wondering if your computer is good enough to run FM12, don't hesitate to ask your questions in those parts of the forum instead.

Cheers

Last edited:
Does a Player Preferred Move override a player instruction in a tactic? I have Aguero as an attacking AM and Tevez ahead of him as a supporting CF and Aguero never drives into the box. Is it because he has "comes deep to get ball" as his PPM?

Does a Player Preferred Move override a player instruction in a tactic? I have Aguero as an attacking AM and Tevez ahead of him as a supporting CF and Aguero never drives into the box. Is it because he has "comes deep to get ball" as his PPM?

It does not override as such but one PPM might not be compatible with à certain setting within à certain approach. Look at the settings and the ppms like tendencys. If à player likes to beat the offside trap and move into channels, it might be à bad idea to play him as à Linkplayer ( TQ or TM on support) if the approach the team play relies on him droppong deep etc.

So in short, they work side by side and some ppms and naturally more dominant then some settings under certain approaches, like comes deep to get ball vs runs from deep when playing à slow possession based approach.

Last edited:
I downloaded some tactics to try, but i can't edit them in the same way as tactics i make myself, for example on the team instructions page it is completely different not sure why?
Also on downloaded tactics I'm unable to set player roles (they disappear)

I downloaded some tactics to try, but i can't edit them in the same way as tactics i make myself, for example on the team instructions page it is completely different not sure why?
Also on downloaded tactics I'm unable to set player roles (they disappear)
Its because they where made ( or converted) in the Classic Mode.

A tactic using the Tactic Creator can at any time be converted to the classic mode but when its done, you can not revert this specific tactic back, meaning that roles are forever not visible and shouts are disabled

TheBetterHalf - I got a question about my tactic, regarding Neymar on AML.

Would you give Neymar a Farrow ?

Some games i feel like im losing him. Then other games he scores 2. Would love a more consistent Neymar (im only 11 games into first season, so he might not have settled completely yet).

Roam from position is ticked, and he got the first notch of Attacking mentality + Cuts inside.

Do you got any suggestions?

Anyone else conceding a bucket of goals from corners?? Its really starting to get on my ****!

TheBetterHalf - I got a question about my tactic, regarding Neymar on AML.

Would you give Neymar a Farrow ?

Some games i feel like im losing him. Then other games he scores 2. Would love a more consistent Neymar (im only 11 games into first season, so he might not have settled completely yet).

Roam from position is ticked, and he got the first notch of Attacking mentality + Cuts inside.

Do you got any suggestions?

Against teams sitting deep and defend, he will not benefit form running forward from deep that often ( farrow), especially not if you play a probing approach. In matches where he will have more space and you are able to put a ball over the fullback or into channels, he will benefit from making these runs often

Against teams sitting deep and defend, he will not benefit form running forward from deep that often ( farrow), especially not if you play a probing approach. In matches where he will have more space and you are able to put a ball over the fullback or into channels, he will benefit from making these runs often

What about the other settings?

When I want to teach my player to do "Tries often killer balls" Is there a specific coach I shoudl choose to train him? or it doesnt matter?

When using a target man why does all the team have cross aim target man even the centre defs.

Is Positioning an important attribute for a striker?

When using a target man why does all the team have cross aim target man even the centre defs.
because thats one of the ways in which you use à target man. As all settings, this is to be looked at as à tendency, that your players first off all should be considerlng him as the crossing option. If à better option is on( and the player have à reasonably Hood decision stat) the player are still more likely to use that option, whether it is à cross towards the near post or cutting inside and making à run with the ball to beat his man even though he has been set to rarely in run with ball.

Personally, I like to change this for some of the players.

because thats one of the ways in which you use à target man. As all settings, this is to be looked at as à tendency, that your players first off all should be considerlng him as the crossing option. If à better option is on( and the player have à reasonably Hood decision stat) the player are still more likely to use that option, whether it is à cross towards the near post or cutting inside and making à run with the ball to beat his man even though he has been set to rarely in run with ball.

Personally, I like to change this for some of the players.

How do you get your team to learn a tactic quickly?

Should the focus be on 'teamwork'?

'high', 'very high'?

Guys I'm confused about using team setting and players setting. If I adjusted settings for each player is there aneed to adjust team setting and vice versa? , or is it important to adjust bothplayer setting for each player mixed with team setting?​

This may not count as a small question but thought I'd ask here first before creating a new thread. I'm having difficulty getting into a game because I'm struggling with tactics. I feel as though I don't fully understand what each instruction does, what starting strategy and philosophy imply upon the tactic.

I was wondering if anyone knew of anything, anyone has written online that may be able to help me out. Or if anyone has the time just to give me a brief explanation of the main things that affect tactic success/style of play etc. I've "played" 22 hours of FM12 so far and have yet to play more than 8 league games because I just can't get my head around it and get into a game. Sorry if this seems a stupid question but any help is much appreciated.

I need a good 3 at the back formation (3CB's) to use with stoke. mever tried this type before so lookin for help