Two quick questions about getting players to learn to play in new positions:

1. Do players learn faster if they're given experience playing in that position during training? I have a left footed AMC with great stats to be an inside forward on the right wing. Had him training to play at AMR for 4-5 months and he's still not even at the Awkward stage on that position. He obviously has poor Adaptability, but hoping there might be a way to speed up the process a little.

2. Is there any way to stop players from "forgetting" learnt positions? I've had players become Accomplished in a position, who only have to miss a handful of games before they begin to slip, while other players rarely play in a learnt position but don't seem to lose their strength. Guessing it varies as a function of Adaptability (maybe Versatility too), but wondering if there's perhaps a way to insure against it. I know FM Genie displays position strength from 1-20. Is there a point on the scale where if a player can get to it then they won't forget?
I don't know about accelerating the process but versatility is the key attribute in learning and keeping positions if not the sole.

Two quick questions about getting players to learn to play in new positions:

1. Do players learn faster if they're given experience playing in that position during training? I have a left footed AMC with great stats to be an inside forward on the right wing. Had him training to play at AMR for 4-5 months and he's still not even at the Awkward stage on that position. He obviously has poor Adaptability, but hoping there might be a way to speed up the process a little.

2. Is there any way to stop players from "forgetting" learnt positions? I've had players become Accomplished in a position, who only have to miss a handful of games before they begin to slip, while other players rarely play in a learnt position but don't seem to lose their strength. Guessing it varies as a function of Adaptability (maybe Versatility too), but wondering if there's perhaps a way to insure against it. I know FM Genie displays position strength from 1-20. Is there a point on the scale where if a player can get to it then they won't forget?

2. - Only playing him there or keeping training in the new position until it becomes natural.

Could anyone reccomend a tactic for Chelsea please, using the transfer update

2. - Only playing him there or keeping training in the new position until it becomes natural.

Is it possible to train someone to be a natural in a new position? I always thought that the best a player could ever do was to become accomplished, and the natural positions were set in stone when the player was generated.

Been trawling through for a while and was just wondering what the youth intake dates were?

In your opinion, how well do you think a deep lying forward - support and a target man - attack would work together?

Been trawling through for a while and was just wondering what the youth intake dates were?

Here you are

26 January - Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Surinam, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Is.

23 February - Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herz., Cyprus, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Fiji, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Vanuatu

3 March - Mexico
8 March - Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales
13 March - Austria, England
17 March - Slovakia
18 March - Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Indonesia, Italy, Poland, Portugal
19 March - Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia
25 March - Holland
28 March - Serbia, Spain

2 April - Argentina, India, South Africa
19 April - Hong Kong, Uruguay

7 June - Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela

19 August - Sweden
27 August - Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei, Guam, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Northern Mariana, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, U.A.E., Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

2 September - Malaysia
14 September - South Korea
19 September - Chile
20 September - Brazil, Ireland
23 September – Iceland
25 September - Finland
28 September - Colombia, Singapore

8 October - China, Norway
16 October - Peru
31 October - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé & Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe

2 November - Belarus

27 December - USA

Hope that is what you wanted :)

cutting inside????

can someone please explain as im afraid i have gone and confused myself!!!

does a player that has cuts inside as a ppm mean he cuts inside when he has the ball or is it an off the ball movement??

also if it is an on the ball move would you set someone like robben/nani etc as a winger or inside forward??

cheers ppls

can someone please explain as im afraid i have gone and confused myself!!!

does a player that has cuts inside as a ppm mean he cuts inside when he has the ball or is it an off the ball movement??

also if it is an on the ball move would you set someone like robben/nani etc as a winger or inside forward??

cheers ppls

Wide play options ( and ppms )

WITH THE BALL:
Cut inside, Huge Touchline
OFF THE BALL: Move into channels

Is it possible to train someone to be a natural in a new position? I always thought that the best a player could ever do was to become accomplished, and the natural positions were set in stone when the player was generated.

You can, you set him to train the position in training and eventually he'll become natural. I've had it happen more than once. And once with a player in the end I never used in that new position, not even while training it.

Any good tip for playing against a plain 4-4-2? I play 4-2-3-1 and I get constantly smashed by 4-4-2 sides!!

Last edited:
Any good tip for playing against a plain 4-4-2? I play 4-2-3-1 and I get constantly smashed by 4-4-2 sides!!
If you are using Stopper-Cover, Stopper-Stopper or Cover-Cover you need to set your CBs to defend. If that isn't the case I don't know what is wrong, Do the same against flat 4-3-3s if that is the problem.

Make the 2 midfielders DMs, so the opposing MC that doesn't move high toward your defence doesn't occupy one of your DMCs, allowing him to make the 4vs3 superiority in the middle of your defence.

playing Paris FC in french 3rd league and all of staff is PT. including my fitness coach. is this a board question --ask for full time staff??

Ok I tried both your suggestions, yet I failed again. They were both useful suggestions as my team played slightly better, but I still lost. The annoying thing is that the one of these few 4-4-2 teams is my arch-rival Mar?timo, that beats me everytime...maybe I keep making mistakes in the team talks? what do you usually say to your teams when playing in a derby in which the level of the teams is very similar ( so that there's no clear underdog.. )?

Ok I tried both your suggestions, yet I failed again. They were both useful suggestions as my team played slightly better, but I still lost. The annoying thing is that the one of these few 4-4-2 teams is my arch-rival Mar?timo, that beats me everytime...maybe I keep making mistakes in the team talks? what do you usually say to your teams when playing in a derby in which the level of the teams is very similar ( so that there's no clear underdog.. )?
I say something like do it for the fans Assertively and everyone who I don't get a positive reaction from I tell them assertively that I have faith in them. I get several positive reactions every time.

Ok golem your suggestions were particularly precious, I was able to beat Porto away just by dragging my 2 midfielders in the DM position and using your team talk suggestions. I saw how this move has improved my performances against stronger teams.
Any suggestion on how I can get my lone striker to score more ? I play with a advanced fw/poacher supported by a winger, an inside forward and an advanced midfielders but these three guys score most of the goals, is there something wrong in this offensive combo?

Last edited:
Ok golem your suggestions were particularly precious, I was able to beat Porto away just by dragging my 2 midfielders in the DM position and using your team talk suggestions. I saw how this move has improved my performances against stronger teams.
Any suggestion on how I can get my lone striker to score more ? I play with a advanced fw/poacher supported by a winger, an inside forward and an advanced midfielders but these three guys score most of the goals, is there something wrong in this offensive combo?

Not really. when using an advanced FC in your trident, then his job is mostly to open up space for the rest of team as his movement often sees him go out wide drgging one or even two opposition players out of position. If playing a more direct counter approach and using a TQ in the AMC spot, then the poacher will be your naturall scorer