View attachment 156127
10/10/2021
View attachment 156126
Italy meet expectations and qualify for 2022 World Cup

View attachment 156125
View attachment 156124
View attachment 156123

Two incredible performances from us that really showed the world how good Italy actually is. Eleven goals scored and one conceded in 2 games, it doesn't get better than that. We were excellent and had a very easy qualifying group as well so I expected to go to the World Cup very early on. We've completely dominated every game we played in whether it's been a friendly or a World Cup qualifying game so I'm really happy with our performances and hope that we can carry those on in the World Cup next summer because that would make this all worth it. We're still unbeaten in the group and I definitely think we can stay unbeaten with 2 games left. We've scored 25 goals in 6 games so obviously, we get wins. Those last 2 games are against Albania and Wales, which we beat 4-0 and 5-0 respectively so the fans and I won't be expecting any less from those games.

View attachment 156114
16/10/2021
View attachment 1046854
Run continues for Roma as they beat Fiorentina to make it 5 wins in a row

View attachment 156112
View attachment 156111

Another solid, much-deserved win. We're keeping our momentum in the league and I'm very happy with that right now. Luca played really well once again and we're winning game after game now and back at the top of the league, which is good to see too. In my eyes, Roma have always been the greatest club in Italy and now it's nice to see that stats suggest the same too as we crushed Fiorentina again. Achraf also keeps scoring which is insane considering he plays as a left midfielder but is originally a left-back! I'm really happy with how we've been doing as of late and now I'm just focusing and trying to get the players focused on our next game, a Champions League game against Legia Warsaw. They're coming at the Olimpico though which means we'll have the home support and given their current record in the competition, we should get an easy victory. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though.

View attachment 156109
19/10/2021
View attachment 1046859
Convincing victory from Roma as they step closer to qualification

View attachment 156108
View attachment 156107

Great game again and nothing that we didn't expect. I got a bit scared when we were the first ones to concede just 11 minutes in but thankfully Achraf scored a hat-trick to give us the win. How he scored 3 ahead of Stephan or Kenedy I don't know, but I won't complain about it for sure! It was a fantastic result and we're now really asserting ourselves as one of the top teams in the group after our slow start. I can't wait to face Sporting again so we can give them a taste of their own medicine and beat them at their own stadium. Our next league game this weekend is a bit less hard and intense for sure as we have to go face Pescara at their stadium but we'll still need to be convincing and good in front of goal, hopefully as good as today. Really proud of the boys today and as a part of the Roma family, I know that this performance was definitely one that the fans love to see despite the fact that we conceded two goals.

View attachment 156101
24/10/2021

Just as the headline says, it was a confident performance from us. Radja was the perfect captain today and again we were just outstanding. We might not have dominated as much as we usually do but we played really well and kept a clean sheet. Our two strikers managed to score one each as well which was great because I'd love to see them both as the top goalscorers at the end of the season, just like last year. Sixth win in a row now for now and I'm glad we're able to keep this form going because a lot of teams usually just crumble under the pressure when they're on such a good run but we're showing that we're better than those teams. I'm telling you, I'm making Roma a powerhouse in the footballing world and it wasn't Pescara who were going to stop me!

View attachment 156096
23/10/2021

Last time we faced a newly-promoted side in FC Bari, we dominated and won the game easily. Today, we weren't going to mess around and did the same thing except we scored 3 instead of 2. Chianello is so great whenever he plays and it's unfortunate for him that Bruno Miguel Gens Luis arrived on a free last season because he really is a great young player and he's Italian too. Joan was stupid to get a red card in the final few minutes of the game especially considering it was just because he kept making stupid fouls and never a very bad challenge. Hopefully he'll learn from that mistake and Berardi, who's basically our only backup for our centre-backs, steps up for our next league game against Napoli which should be a very tough game, especially away from home.

View attachment 156090
30/10/2021
This was just one of those really, REALLY frustrating matches where you can't seem to get anything out of the shots you take. I know that because back when I played, it used to happen really often. The positive from this game was that we got another clean sheet though, our third league clean sheet in a row and we keep our really good defensive record but Lazaar got injured and according to the doctors, he'll be out for at least a month and a half, which isn't good at all for us. November and December are always really crucial months because that's when managers see where they need to improve and who they need to buy during the transfer window but in my case, I'll just have to abstain myself from buying anyone since I won't have my full squad healthy and ready to play and show me whether or not they should stay in the team, which is frustrating. Bruno played really well today though which was also one of my main takeaways from this game because he was very good and consistent before but never played so well that he got recognised by everyone as the man of the match so good job from him. Also, we're still in 1st place despite drawing which makes me think that maybe Juventus aren't putting as much of an effort as I thought they were. The title race in the past few seasons has just seemed to be between us, Juventus and Inter but they really haven't delivered this season and we're alone at the top which is definitely good for us but not very exciting.

View attachment 156084
03/11/2021

I know I know, we might have conceded 4 in 2 games against them but the fact that we scored 12 makes up for it I think. We were amazing at the Olimpico the first time we faced them and I thought going to Poland would be a bit harder but apparently it was 2 goals easier! This win really puts us in a strong position because it makes our goal difference shoot up and also we stay firmly in second place in our group with 2 games to go. Arguably our next 2 games will be much harder than this one but we still look really strong in the Champions League this season, at least much better than we did before so I'm really happy. Hopefully some even better results to come and now we just move on to the Serie A again to face Sampdoria I guess! Switching to that 4-4-2 system during the Napoli game and now clearly has paid off so far. I thanked Stephan after the game for becoming such a legend at the club though because what a performance from him, two goals and an assist and he could have easily doubled both those figures so now I hope he just keeps it up for the rest of the season.

View attachment 156066
07/11/2021
View attachment 1046910
Götze impresses for Roma as he scores 2 to sink Sampdoria

View attachment 156057
View attachment 156055

Another great result for us and well, Mario's clearly proved me wrong which is good for him. I was a bit worried about the Sampdoria game because I know that they're a good side who have always caused Roma a lot of trouble, whether it was when I played for them or managed them. We did well to go 1-0 up after just 15 minutes but they managed to come back before half-time which shows that. Anyway, we got a great result which now makes us unbeaten in 25 games and counting and we're still top of the league. Everything is going great here in Rome which is nothing short of what I expected when I joined them back from Inter to be very honest with you. Every player on the team is doing well and outperforming most of the other players in their position in the league and blowing everyone's expectations so it's really great to see most of our players get recognised for that. The international "break" is now on even though it's obviously not a break for me since we've got our last 2 World Cup qualifiers to play against Wales and Albania which should hopefully be a bit of fun and give me the opportunity to try out new formations and tactics.

View attachment 155999
14/11/2021
View attachment 155998
Totti leads Italy to finish with 100% record in World Cup qualifiers

View attachment 155991
View attachment 155990
View attachment 155989
And yet two other solid performances for us. I know that the teams we're playing against are not of the highest calibre but we're doing really well against them and even though we had a bit more trouble against Wales, everyone's performed with confidence and we managed to finish the qualifiers unbeaten which was great to see. Italy has not looked as good as we look right now since the 2006 World Cup when I was part of the squad who won it. I think, coming from a World Cup winner, that tells you something. The next time I'll see all those lads, or at least some of them, it will be for the World Cup in Canada. That's huge and honestly, all I want from my managerial career is to win the World Cup with my country. If we do that in Canada, then I think I'll just focus on my club career. If not, then the country can count on me to bring it international glory in 2026!

View attachment 155839
20/11/2021
View attachment 1047151
Solid victory for Roma at the San Siro to keep run going

View attachment 155838
View attachment 155837

Fantastic victory from us and we're once again asserting ourselves as one of the best teams in the competition if not the best team in the competition so I'm really happy. We couldn't keep a clean sheet which really was the only downside of this game but apart from that our Brazilians did really well and Abdou has again had a great game, just like almost every single one of his games since he arrived this summer. I'm really happy with the way we're playing on the pitch and the players' behaviour off the pitch is spectacular too. Now, we have a game against Sporting in Lisbon for our second to last Champions League group stage game and we just HAVE to win it. Not just to get the points but for pride because they beat us at home, so let's just go ahead and do the same to them shall we?

View attachment 155704
23/11/2021
View attachment 1047292
Roma get revenge on Sporting and take huge step towards first knockout round

View attachment 155703
View attachment 155702
We had been waiting for this moment for ages and finally we got back at them. With that result as well, we've actually put them in a position where they might not be able to qualify for the next round. I don't want to sound like someone who just wishes the worst for other people like that but in the end we're here to win and this year, we're firstly here to go to the knockout stages considering we got knocked out last year and beating Sporting was a part of it. Kenedy scored once again and just continues his amazing goalscoring form for us and to be honest, at this point, I'm not sure how he's not won the Golden Boot or something because he's just been scoring and scoring. And for anyone who says the Serie A is easy, I've played in the Serie A for 23 years so I would know, and I'm telling you it's not. Kenedy is a really, REALLY good player who can just score goal after goal, week in week out. We have a real gem on our hands and this win makes me really happy ahead of our next league game and it gives the whole team confidence too.

View attachment 155699
28/11/2021
View attachment 1047303
Roma put 4 past Perugia to keep unbeaten run going

View attachment 155698
View attachment 155697
Superb performance from us as we keep our good run going. We've won 5 games in a row now since the Napoli draw in all competitions and we're just really looking really strong on the field whenever we play which is really satisfying considering we put, I think, the most effort on the training ground than any team in the league. We're pretty much through to the next round of the Champions League as well since we've got the best goal difference and are 3 points off Monaco who I doubt will beat us like 8-0 when we play them. Our next 2 games are crucial and we'll have to be really focused. Juventus and Monaco in just 5 days. It's really going to be tough but I guess there will be a little fun added with the World Cup group stages draw after the Juventus game to calm us down and get us pumped for the Monaco game.

View attachment 155696
04/12/2021
View attachment 1047307
Juventus crushed at the Juventus Stadium

View attachment 155695
View attachment 155694

An absolutely amazing performance from us away from home and we've definitely shown how good we are and why people should take us seriously. Not that after 3 straight league titles we weren't but everyone still thinks that Juventus are the best team in Italy and today, we proved them wrong. Eugene, despite being 32 years old, is still absolutely incredible on the field and today just proved that age is not a factor for performances. It's funny because he reminds me of myself when I played, when everyone was just telling me to retire because I wasn't good anymore. And I just stepped up and proved them all wrong and I'm really proud of that and that's exactly what I told Eugene after the game. Our Brazilian heroes once again just proved how good they are too with Kenedy scoring AGAIN and becoming our top goalscorer this season whilst Firmino just again also scored and performed. I don't really know what else to say about this game we were just outstanding.

View attachment 155693
Italy get relatively easy group for 2022 World Cup

View attachment 155692

After the game, we were all in the dressing room and I turned on the TV to watch the draw and well, some good reactions from myself and everyone as well. The United States and Senegal are obviously the weaker sides in the group but they are still very good sides that we'll need to take seriously when we do play them. It's going to be a great tournament and I'm also really eager to play against Belgium, one of the best sides in the world in my opinion. I've tried to organise a couple of friendlies before the tournament against big teams to just really get the players warmed up for the tournament and have all the fans get excited as well. I can't wait for next summer!

View attachment 155689
08/12/2021
View attachment 1047320
Roma smash Monaco again and go through to First Knockout round

View attachment 155687
View attachment 155686
View attachment 155685

A really solid performance considering the amount of pressure we were under. We knew that we were pretty much through to the next round but Monaco were going to come here in Rome for a win to qualify for the next round and we just smashed them, just like the first time we played them. A very satisfying campaign in the Champions League so far and I'm excited to see who we'll get for the next round. Our attack has obviously been ridiculous and despite having a bit of a dodgy defense, at least in the Champions League, we did really well. Mario once again showed me why he should be in the starting 11 ahead of Firmino and to be honest, I might start considering it now looking at his past few performances. Kenedy scored AGAIN as well which is incredible and Riccardo did the job as he stepped in for Bruno Miguel Gens Luis which really shows the quality in our backup. Amazing game and now we move on to the Udinese game in the league.

View attachment 155684
12/12/2021
View attachment 1047326
Five league wins in a row for I Giallorossi

View attachment 155667
View attachment 155666

I definitely wasn't expecting such a big victory, I can tell you that! By scoring 4 goals, we stay the best attack in the league with 43 goals in 16 games and we've only conceded 8, which is our best record so far and it's just incredible considering the amount of games we've played. We have the best goal difference, attack, and defence in the league and we're really looking like we could win the league for the 4th time in a row now. We face Udinese again in 3 days for the TIM Cup 1st round and I'll definitely be counting on Eugene in that game because he's had 2 man of the match awards in his last 3 games which is incredible. I'm expecting an easy victory in the TIM Cup as well even though I might field a bit of a weaker side as we get closer and closer to the January transfer window where I know we'll get so many offers for our best players. I'm keeping my eye on a Roma legend who left for a big club before I came back as manager and his contract is expiring at the end of the season so we might try to get him to come back.

Last edited:
View attachment 155660
15/12/2021

I think we kind of got away with that today. We did well to come back from a goal down to win but they scored an own goal and they honestly just did really well and I feel bad that we got the win over them. I was very impressed by Jordy Clasie too, who honestly has been the best player to play against us for a very long time. Anyway, our next game is against Cagliari who have been doing really well this season and are in 5th so we'll need to take them very seriously but considering our current form, I'm pretty sure we'll get a victory against them. After that, we get a very deserved break until the 6th of January and then we play against Spezia, a team that has always troubled us. I think this is the best we've looked since I took over though, so I'm pretty sure we'll get a good result against them this time.

View attachment 155654
Yes! Just what I was looking for. I know that Chelsea are a big team in England, they've won the league 4 years in a row now and are still first, 6 points clear of Manchester Unite who are in second. That just tells me that they're a very dominant team who have managed to get a lot of money and build up a lot of quality in their squad so it will be a great, great game. The Kings of England against the Kings of Italy. I can't wait for this game and I hope we can go through to the next round as well and go as far as we can in the competition because I'd really love to try and win it again or just rival with the huge teams in Europe, like Chelsea.

View attachment 155644
19/12/2021
View attachment 1047367
Worried Roma watch Götze go off injured as they finish 2021 with a win

View attachment 155642
View attachment 155641
View attachment 155639

What a relief to win this game. Cagliari are a strong side this season and I just really was hoping for a good result to end 2021 on a good note and we did. Firmino scored twice to make an amazing comeback which was really pleasing to watch. But watching Mario go down on the floor holding his ankle just made me think "Oh God no, please don't make it too long" and he just had to come off but thankfully he's only out for about a month. Anyway, we managed to end 2021 on a good note which is fantastic but now I know that the transfer rumours are going to just grow and become huge. I was asked many times already about Kenedy leaving to join Chelsea or Arsenal and unfortunately for us, he came up to me the other day after practice and told me he wanted to move to his former club Chelsea. For now I tried to get him to stay but he said no so I said he could leave but I'm hoping that Chelsea lose interest and just give up on him.

View attachment 1047366
19/12/2021
View attachment 1047367
Worried Roma watch Götze go off injured as they finish 2021 with a win

View attachment 1047369
View attachment 1047370
View attachment 1047372

What a relief to win this game. Cagliari are a strong side this season and I just really was hoping for a good result to end 2021 on a good note and we did. Firmino scored twice to make an amazing comeback which was really pleasing to watch. But watching Mario go down on the floor holding his ankle just made me think "Oh God no, please don't make it too long" and he just had to come off but thankfully he's only out for about a month. Anyway, we managed to end 2021 on a good note which is fantastic but now I know that the transfer rumours are going to just grow and become huge. I was asked many times already about Kenedy leaving to join Chelsea or Arsenal and unfortunately for us, he came up to me the other day after practice and told me he wanted to move to his former club Chelsea. For now I tried to get him to stay but he said no so I said he could leave but I'm hoping that Chelsea lose interest and just give up on him.