The King of Rome

View attachment 155273
29/03/2022

What?!?! That looked nothing like a Champions League quarter-final. AT ALL. I honestly have no idea how we just won by that margin but whatever it is that happened I'm really happy about it! I never thought it'd look that easy and it has. Achraf was at the top of his game once again and we were just outstanding. I don't want to jinx it but let's just say we've basically qualified for the semi-finals, which is my minimum expectation for this team, so I'm REALLY excited. Again, the league is pretty much over and even if we lose our next 5 games for example or just even if we don't perform that well in the league, we'll probably win it so I'm not too worried about it. The Champions League and TIM Cup are definitely the two competitions I'm focusing on the most right now.

View attachment 155269
02/04/2022
View attachment 1047772
Roma set new defensive record as they beat Sampdoria

View attachment 155267

View attachment 155263
View attachment 155265
View attachment 155262
Incredible stuff again from the players. I can't believe that in the entire history of the Serie A, we are now the team that will be known as the team who went the most amount of games without conceding a goal! It's just absolutely insane to think that. Already 9 games without conceding and we're not even done yet, we could finish the season without having conceded in the last 15 games or something like that who knows. I'm just so proud of what we've achieved here and this is basically the same squad that set the record for most games won in a row in the league so it's incredible. I was really worried though when I saw Biro come off the field injured, I really didn't want it to be a long injury but unfortunately he'll be out for a month. At least it gives Firmino the opportunity to step up now and replace Stephan or Kenedy for fitness and maybe score some goals too since he's been out for so long. Anyway, the return leg against Valencia now and the draw for the Champions League semi-final if we make it through. What an exciting time to be part of this Roma setup.

View attachment 155261
06/04/2022
View attachment 1047783
No surprises in return leg as Roma go through to semi-finals

View attachment 155256
View attachment 155254

The fans are just immense; whether we play at home or away and we're leading by 5 goals or 1, they're always there cheering for us. Incredible stuff from the players again who just did what they had to do and got a victory. We didn't even need it, we just needed to not concede 5 and we conceded none today. We're through to the semi-finals which is just unreal but considering how good of a team we've become, it's nothing less than I and the fans expected. Congratulations to Valencia on getting this far but it just wasn't to be for them I think, they came up against a side much stronger than them. Whoever we face in the semi-finals, you can be sure that we'll play as hard as we can to get to that final, it would be our second Champions League final in 3 years. I'm also so proud of Bruno, he just keeps justifying his place in the team of the year with every game he plays whether it's in the league or in Europe.

View attachment 155251

Well, well, well... Look who we're facing now. The team that scared us to death in the group stages because they just beat us in the first game before we got them back and beat them at their own ground. This is going to be an incredible game, for sure. Sporting are an incredible side, which is why they're in the semis so despite that making me feel better about our loss to them in the group stages, it makes me worried too. They are the only team who actually beat us in the Champions League this season and we just can't afford to lose, especially at home. A place in the Champions League final is at stake here, and that is a prize that many, many players would dream of in their lives so let's make the best of it when we play them.

View attachment 155226
10/04/2022
View attachment 1047818
Roma just 3 points off title after win over Milan

View attachment 155224
View attachment 155223
What a dominant performance from us again! Milan are a good side and I was worried about this game but thankfully we did well and got the 3 points whilst getting a clean sheet too which is an added bonus as well. Luca, what a player he's turning out to be! To think that he's from our youth ranks and just managed to break through the first time and only this year started playing regularly is actually insane. We've definitely got a gem on our hands and who knows he could become the next Cannavaro or Maldini! Kenedy and Stephan banging the goals in once again, Kenedy's not too far off the club record for most goals in a season which he set himself last year at 32 goals so let's see if he can break that before the season ends.

View attachment 155221
16/04/2022

What a day! I expected it from this game but finally, the Serie A has pretty much come to an end for us and with 5 games to spare, we've won the league! It's the fourth year in a row now and considering I joined right before our first league title, I just feel really proud to be part of Roma's domestic success from the past 4-5 years. It's an incredible feeling to just win trophy after trophy and I could see the fans crying of joy when we scored the first, second, third and fourth goal. They've been with us for the whole season and now have the bragging rights in all of Italy. We still have a chance to win the Champions League and the TIM Cup which is amazing but winning the league is really just an amazing trophy to get. Celebrating with all the away fans was just amazing and even though we didn't celebrate at home just yet (which we will in the next couple of days before and after our game against Juventus), it was just a great moment. The game in itself went really well and Kenedy scored again whilst Eugene was just out of this world. If any of the players who are part of this story ever leave, it will be a really sad moment and I just hope that we can keep them here for as long as possible to stay a part of this amazing project that is AS Roma. Total domination of Italy is just slowly being achieved and I'm, again, extremely proud of the club and what we've done together. I'm still undecided on my future but one thing's for sure is that I will ALWAYS have a place in my heart for this club. What a day, what a way to win the league title for the fourth year in a row, and what a way to set up our Champions League semi-final games against Sporting and our TIM Cup final against Napoli.

View attachment 155215
20/04/2022
View attachment 1047831
Juventus fall short against Roma

View attachment 155214
View attachment 155211
View attachment 155210
Congratulations to Juventus, they've had an amazing season but not today. You don't just beat the Italian champions like that. The celebrations after the game were amazing and the fans were out of this world again but it was just the players and being with them that was so special too. There are some guys that I used to play with and some other players that I brought in this year and I just enjoyed celebrating with every single one of them. no matter who they were. It was also really nice to hear about the players praising my half-time
talk like Donnarumma and just others as well. It's been an amazing time here and I just love this club. I can't wait for the Champions League games and the rest of the league and the TIM Cup now and let's just honestly hope for the best.

View attachment 155209
24/04/2022
View attachment 1047839
Götze scores only goal as Roma win again

View attachment 155208
View attachment 155207

Not that it even matters at this point but it's good to still get wins to please the fans. We got another clean sheet as well which is really nice and we'll wait to see the end of the season but I'm just really proud of how solid we've been defensively this season. It's truly an admirable thing and I just hope that it just becomes a philosophy at the club. Bruno was outstanding again and I'm really proud of what he managed to do for this club since he joined and Mario has also been really great considering the amount of injuries he's gotten lately. To be honest, what else was I expecting from the guy who scored the winning goal in the 2014 World Cup final?

View attachment 155204
27/04/2022

This season is a season where we just break records and win games. Today we did just that once again but I'm worried about their 2 away goals. Sporting are such a good side and we saw that today so I really hope that we can get a good result when we go to Lisbon in a couple of days. We HAVE to. Otherwise no Champions League final for us and considering we could face either Manchester United or the big boys, Real Madrid, I really want to get to that final. Eugene got a red which is not good news ahead of our next game against them but we have enough quality players as backup to come in and do a job for him. Kenedy once again topped the goalscoring charts and is the top goalscorer in the competition so that's exciting. Anyway, game against Cagliari next and then we're right back in the Champions League as we'll travel to Lisbon on the 2nd of May for the game the next day. The pressure is on.

View attachment 155176
30/04/2022
View attachment 1047874
Roma still with just one league loss with 2 games to go

View attachment 155175
View attachment 155174

Nice to see that with just 2 games left in the league, we've only lost 1 all season. We're keeping the good results flowing which is good and I was also really happy to see that even our youngsters can score and play well. It was a good game overall and honestly the league games don't matter anymore, I'm just always thinking about the Champions League matches. I've been feeling really nervous about the second leg of our semi-final so hopefully we can get a good result then and the players won't let the occasion get to them and make them underperform because we need this final.

View attachment 155099
03/05/2022
View attachment 1047962
Roma reach 2nd Champions League final in 3 years with 7-4 aggregate win over Sporting

View attachment 155098
View attachment 155097Apologies for the screenshot, I lost the one that I usually use after games :(

Another amazing victory against a really strong Sporting side but we were the better team out there! I was really worried about their two away goals but we somehow managed to score 3 and we're through to the Champions League final! There's nothing I love more than celebrating with away fans after such a big win like that. There's always little of them (compared to at home) and it's just a lot more "intimate" and amazing to celebrate with them. I can't believe we're through to the Champions League final, it's the second time in 3 years and to think that last year we got knocked out in the group stages, pff, pathetic. Kenedy and Stephan were so amazing again and well, we heard about the other semi-final outcome the day after and Manchester United lost, to Real Madrid! So we'll face the team with the most Champions League wins in the history of the competition in the final. How fitting. The club that I've always regretted not playing for. It will be a really emotional game no matter what happens and to think that AS Roma, a club which about 5 years ago was just competing for the Serie A title, is now in the Champions League final against Real Madrid is just incredible. I'm so proud of everything we've achieved here and I just truly hope that we can get even more success in the TIM Cup final and now Champions League final.

View attachment 155096
08/05/2022
View attachment 1047967
Boring draw as Spezia impress against Roma

View attachment 155095
View attachment 155094
A disappointing result for us even though the league doesn't matter anymore. Some fans still paid for their ticket to go to La Spezia and then the ticket to be in the stadium and watch us play and we really didn't deliver today. I guess it's okay because we've won the league and are in 2 other finals but I just really am disappointed by the players today. We weren't good enough at all and we'll need to definitely do better in our last Serie A game this season to impress the fans and give them one last game to be happy about.

View attachment 155093
14/05/2022
View attachment 1047971
Totti and players thank fans as Serie A comes to an end

View attachment 155092
View attachment 155091

What a great way to end the Serie A season. We were outstanding all year and fully deserved such a convincing victory for our last game of the season and so did the fans. They've been with us, home and away, for every single game and always cheered the team on even when we were losing at half-time or with 5 minutes left so thank you to them on behalf of the whole team. We went around all of Olimpico to wave to the fans and throw them some jerseys and just thank them because what a year it's been for us in the league this season. We've still got two huge games to play in the TIM Cup and the Champions League but it was just incredible to end the season in Italy like this. Kenedy scored again and unfortunately doesn't finish as the top goalscorer but he was close. Again, what a year, I can't wait for what's next to come whether it's here or another country. Another thing, there are no Lazio banners anywhere anymore. They just finished 5th in the Serie B for their second season in there and it's just not looking like they'll be getting back up anytime soon so we've not only dominated Italy now, we've completely dominated Rome too.

View attachment 155090
16/05/2022

At the end of our last fixture I was talking about how good a year we had and I think the awards proved that. I was very surprised that Eugene got the Player of the Year award considering he didn't even play that much but my two Manager of the Year awards were really pleasing to get and our entire defence and goalkeeper were in the team of the year which was also great to see. Overall, we always looked like the best team in the league and won it by a mile and had a player in almost every award this year which also just showed our domination. It was also amazing to receive the manager of the year awards from Antonio Conte, who now manages Porto and came here as a surprise guest and a Serie A legend. I'm really proud of what we achieved this season but of course, we have to turn our focus to our two finals now. The first one is in 2 days against Napoli where we'll face the league top goalscorer so we'll definitely need to be at our best and I'm very eager to win the TIM Cup again since we last won it in 2019, which is way too long ago for a club like ours. A fantastic year, some fantastic awards, a fantastic crowd. Everything is perfect.

View attachment 155073
18/05/2022

Complete domination!!! Since I joined Roma as a little kid, this was what I always wanted for the club! Complete domination in Italy! We've now won the Supercoppa, the TIM Cup and the Serie A! This year is turning out to be my best year as a manager by far and I just don't understand how we're winning all these trophies. The players are just so good, they win every challenge, score every shot, make every pass, (always get reds) and just so much more. We were amazing out there today and even though we all celebrated a lot after this game, we know that the big one is coming later this month. The Champions League final. If our year is worth anything, it's in that game that we'll prove it. Stephan played the heroes in this game by getting a 118th minute winner, can he do the same at the Stade de France? I sure as **** hope so! I want the best for this club and with yet another trophy added to the cabinet, it's about time we get Champions League glory again! If we can get to the final twice in 3 years, we can win it twice in 3 years!

View attachment 155068
27/05/2022
View attachment 1047998
Road to Stade de France 2022: Real Madrid vs AS Roma

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 700, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]View attachment 155067[/TD]
[TD]View attachment 1048000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD].
View attachment 155061
W6 D6 L0 - 25 goals scored, 11 goals conceded
[/TD]
[TD]
View attachment 155062
W11 D0 L1 - 40 goals scored, 24 goals conceded
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
​Top goalscorer: Cristiano Ronaldo (10 goals)

[/TD]
[TD]
Top goalscorer: Kenedy (15 goals)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
Last won the competition: 2013/2014

[/TD]
[TD]
Last won the competition: 2019/2020
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Stadium: Stade de France (Saint-Denis) - 79 000 capacity

View attachment 155060

Last edited:
View attachment 155057
28/05/2022
View attachment 1048011
Roma rule Europe!

View attachment 155056
View attachment 155055
View attachment 155054
View attachment 155053
View attachment 155052
View attachment 155051
As the referee blew the final whistle, I broke down in tears. For the second time in my managerial career, I've won the Champions League. There's nothing more emotional and more amazing than winning that trophy and to be called one of the best ever and one of the best in the world by other managers and by the fans is just a dream come true. I never thought that Roma would one day rule Europe and we are. We beat the other best team in the world and managed to get the club's second Champions League trophy. I've never been so proud of this team and everything they've achieved and to think that Miralem is getting older now and still gets in the Dream Team, to think that Scuffet almost left at the beginning of the season because I wasn't playing him enough, to think that this is Duran's first season at the club, and to think that Stephan was a club reject a couple of years ago is beyond me. All those players who worked so hard this year to get all 4 trophies that we got deserve the most respect any player deserves in the world. Personally, I've still got the World Cup to look forward to and so do a lot of the players who played today but my story with Roma is not over. Next year we'll come back and do everything we did this year even better, you can be sure of that. Thank you Roma, Forza Roma, and see you next year.

View attachment 155050
View attachment 155049

View attachment 155040
06/06/2022
View attachment 155039Italy fail to win a single game in preparation for World Cup

View attachment 155037
View attachment 155036
View attachment 155035

I am NOT happy with those results AT ALL. I organised those games to really allow us to impress the fans and have a bit of fun but we didn't do any of those things today. I didn't expect a huge win against France obviously but against Croatia, we should have done a lot better. With the World Cup starting next week, it's going to be extremely stressful to just go into it knowing we've just lost 2 games in a row against two opponents that we could face in the latter stages of the competition if we qualify. From the odds I saw online, pundits think there's only a 20-1 chance that we can win the competition. Let's just say there are a lot of great teams in the World Cup but I think we can do even better than the expectations from the Italian FA that want us to get to the quarter-final. With the squad we have available, I think we can definitely get at least to the semi-finals provided we play well enough. Anyway, let's just start the World Cup with an open mind and hope for the best and forget about those two defeats.

View attachment 155034
23/06/2022

I've got no words for this World Cup campaign so far. To be honest, I came in thinking that we weren't going to do well, just like in the 2014 World Cup but somehow, we just absolutely smashed it. I said hi to Radja after we destroyed Belgium and hi to Abdou when we smashed Senegal but I kind of felt bad and not at all at the same time. I felt bad saying goodbye to some of my players who I had ruined their World Cup campaign for but I was so proud of my boys. Let's be honest here, Manchester United have one of the best players in the world in Domenico Berardi, he's just absolutely ridiculous. We had a really good time in the group stages though and again, when you score 14 goals in 3 games, you know you're doing well. I was a bit sad to not see Belgium qualify for the next round if I'm honest because they're a great side who definitely deserved to be in the latter stages but the USA did better and managed to go through. Of course, with the happiness of going through comes the stress of who we'll face. With the World Cup, we know exactly who from which group we face if we finish 2nd or 1st in the group and for us, we finished 1st of Group F which means we are going to face the team who finished 2nd in Group E:

View attachment 155027
Well then, the team who we smashed 3-0 back in March for a friendly is back against us again. I'm a bit worried to be honest, because I know they'll want to get back at us for that humiliating defeat in March but they'll also want to go through to the quarter-finals and get the best chance of going even further in the competition. This will be, without a shadow of a doubt, an even harder game that the ones we've had in the group stages so far and the FA wants us to get to the next round, so we know how hard we'll have to work in order to achieve that and maybe even surpass their expectations for us. Forza Italia!

Back