View attachment 168663
17/09/2018

View attachment 1032930
Successful return to the San Siro for Totti

View attachment 168662
View attachment 168661

Roma continued their good run of form with a 2-0 away win at AC Milan in a game which saw Filip Kostic score his first ever goal with AS Roma since joining in the summer, Konoplyanka's debut and Dzeko's first Serie A goal this season. The game ended up being very even and could have gone either way but Roma were the team who took their chances the best and they will be able to all thank the man of the match Achraf Lazaar who put in yet again an amazing performance. It's the Moroccan's second man of the match award in 3 league games which definitely prove his importance to this Roma side. It'll also have been an emotional game for Francesco Totti who came back to the San Siro for the first time since leaving Inter in May.

And we win again! I'm very happy, I knew AC Milan were going to be tough to beat but we played very well and everyone gave their best to gift us the 3 points. Edin finally scored and Filip continued his amazing form and I'm very happy with how things have been going so far. It was a bit emotional for me to come back to the San Siro but we weren't facing Inter, so I'm not sure how emotional it will be to face my old club at San Siro. Achraf has been incredible and I hope he keeps this form going because he's been absolutely crucial to our success so far. Our next couple of games don't see us play any huge teams like Juventus or Inter so it should be good for our confidence and our point tally too.

View attachment 168595
23/09/2018
View attachment 1033004

Roma triumph in 8-goal thriller

View attachment 168596
View attachment 168597
Totti's Roma continued their good run of form as they beat Torino 5-3 at the Olimpico is a great thriller which saw Kenedy score 2, Kostic score yet another and Lovren score his first of the season. This now allows Roma to stay at a solid second place, 2 points ahead of Inter and level on points with Serie A leaders Sassuolo. Juventus are not having their best start, sitting in 8th whilst Roma's rivals Lazio sit in 14th. Roma were very impressive offensively in this game and despite being obviously weak at the back by letting ex-Roma striker Doumbia score twice, they held on to the win which is something Totti will probably be happy about.

We continue with our great form which is good. Still unbeaten this season and almost all the players are performing way above the expectations I had of them at the beginning of the season. If we keep going like this, I really don't see why we can't try to compete for the title! Since all the players are blowing my expectations out of the water, should I overcome the expectations that the board has of me? I'll certainly try! It's been so good to be back here in Rome, all the fans say hi to me on the streets and all that stuff and it's just making me really happy. Life here is great and so far so is the football. The fact that Lazio are doing really badly as well is just an added bonus, we're the best side in Rome and I plan on keeping it that way!

View attachment 168561
26/09/2018

View attachment 1033040
Roma smash Hellas Verona and go top of the Serie A

View attachment 168560
View attachment 168559

For Roma fans who wanted a good performance from Konoplyanka as he had never really excelled since his arrival, they got just what they asked for as the Ukranian scored 2 and assisted 1 to grab the man of the match award in Roma's 5-0 VICTORY against Hellas Verona, a win which seems them having won 5 from 5 so far putting them at the top of the Serie A. I Giallorossi also have the best goal difference in the league now, having scored 16 and conceded 4 in the 5 games that have been played this season. Kenedy impressed yet again as he also scored 2 goals, becoming the Serie A top goalscorer in the process with 5. Kostic, who also got an assist today, became the player with the most assists in the Serie A with 4. Finally, this clean sheet now means that Kivrak has had as many clean sheets as Geronimo Rulli (Juventus) and Andrea Consigli (Sassuolo) with 3 and is one of the best goalkeepers in the competition so far.

What a great win! This definitely is the kind of victory I wanted to see from this team! 5-0 is an incredible result and I just have no words for Eugene, Filip and Kenedy. They were our 3 main signings this summer window and they're basically doing everything in the team. They're scoring AND assisting each other which is just incredible. We have another game against Atalanta now and I wonder if we'll be able to get such an amazing result again. Unbeaten in the league still, 5 games won in a row (6 for the season), everything is going perfectly well here. Roma are definitely on their way to becoming the best club in Italy and hopefully next season we can show the world that we also want to be the best in the world!

View attachment 168558

View attachment 168554
01/10/2018
View attachment 1033051
Roma continue amazing run with Atalanta thrashing

View attachment 168547
View attachment 168546

Roma kept their winning streak going with a 3-0 win against Atalanta as Edin Dzeko scored twice and Konoplyanka got yet another man of the match award to hold the club's first place in the Serie A, 3 points clear of Napoli and Sassuolo who are 2nd and 3rd respectively. It's yet another clean sheet for Kivrak as well who is now the goalkeeper with the most clean sheets along with Rulli of Juventus and Mvogo of AC Milan whilst Konoplyanka now went top of the assists chart with 4, level with fellow teammate Filip Kostic. We have not seen such a good run of form for Roma since they finished 2nd in the league 3 years ago and Roma fans will be extremely happy that the club is doing so well, especially when it's being managed by the club's biggest legend. Daniele De Rossi surely also plays a role in Roma's success right now as he is the Under-18 manager and gets Totti to promote youngsters to the first team and there are from what we've heard some absolute world-class players in the Roma youth ranks which could prove to be very important for Totti when thinking about the future of his club.

I just can't believe it! Another win! When I came here and saw the quality in our squad I knew that we had some absolutely amazing players and our signings were just amazing but I certainly didn't expect such a good start. Next game against Bologna and we've still got a bit of time before we start facing the big teams in the league such as Juventus and Inter; you know what though? Juventus might not be that big of a team this season, they're sitting in 8th and my old team Inter are in 5th. As current Serie A champions, that's not very good is it. Starting early November, we'll have the Roma derby, the game against Inter and a game against Juventus in what should be a tough run of games but I can definitely see us doing well in those. Until then, we're facing the likes of Bologna, Empoli, Udinese, Palermo and Sampdoria. It's going to be a good month for sure for us and I can't wait to come back at the Olimpico in 3 weeks to face Empoli because that's where the atmosphere is!

View attachment 168537

View attachment 168522
06/10/2018

Roma's winning streak came to an end as they were held to a draw away from home against Bologna through goals from Cissé for Bologna and Kostic for Roma. This will be a better result for Bologna who continue their good start to the season and move up to 6th in the Serie A whilst Roma are now only a point ahead of Napoli who won 2-1 against Udinese in their game after Roma's. Roma will probably be a bit disappointed by not getting the win but Bologna looked very strong out there and deserved a draw in the end especially after being the ones going in front first. This then ends Roma's winning streak as well as their series of clean sheets, however, they've still only conceded 5 goals in 7 games and have scored 20, which is an impressive record.

A bit of a disappointing result to say the least... We thought we had the win in the bag because we were first in the league and that's what we get. A stupid performance to be honest, we didn't really focus throughout the entirety of the game, played way too calmly and gave away a stupid penalty just before the half which was really what hurt us the most. Hopefully, we'll improve in 2 weeks against Empoli and the international break will give some time to the players to reflect on this game but I think it was probably wrong of me to not change up our system. We've been playing our 4-1-2-1-2 for a while now and I'm starting to think that other teams know how to counter it now, especially because I kept using that system with Inter for over a year and a half. I'll think about maybe using a new strategy during that break and no disrespect meant to Empoli but if we use a new system it'll have to be against them as they are a bit of a weaker side than we'll have to face later.

View attachment 168505
21/10/2018

Roma kept their lead in the Serie A with a narrow 2-1 victory over Empoli. I Giallorossi needed a late Konoplyanka goal to secure the 3 points as they were missing Filip Kostic to injury when the Serbian got an ankle injury when on duty with his national team. Salah filled in perfectly for the left midfielder as he claimed the man of the match award for a great performance all round and an assist for Dzeko's 4th goal of the season. It was Roma's 7th win from 8 games in the Serie A this season as they continue their good start to the season and prepare for a game against last season's 3rd placed Palermo next Sunday at Renzo Barbera - La Favorita.

Not much of a great performance, it was the first time in a really long time that we were out-possessed by our opponent but we managed to get a late victory. I'm not thrilled about today's win but we got all 3 points and that's what matters, especially at home. Mohamed did well to fill in for Filip today and I think he'll be happy to keep starting the games whilst Filip is out injured. Our next game will be a tough game as Palermo finished 3rd last season and despite them not performing as well this year, we'll have to be aware that they've got some fantastic players capable of moments of magic that could cost us points and see Napoli rise above us in the table. I'm not ready to let that happen though. My club, AS Roma, deserves to be at the top and we've been at the top since the start of the season and that's where we'll stay until the end of it!

View attachment 168499
28/10/2018
View attachment 168498
As Dzeko will celebrate his 33rd birthday earlier next year, it looks like Totti's Roma could look to sign ex-forward Stephan El Shaarawy back from Leverkusen where he's now played since 2017. The player's market value stands at around 35 million euros so it could take a big chunk off Roma's transfer budget but the forward would definitely boost Roma's chances for the title. In addition, they will add another Italian to their squad and at 26 years old, the winger/striker would be at his peak.

View attachment 168497
29/10/2018
View attachment 1033109
Roma coast past Palermo in thrilling game

View attachment 168495

View attachment 168494
Roma continued their run of form with a 4-1 win away against Palermo which saw Kenedy's very first hat-trick for Roma. Pjanic also scored the opening goal just 3 minutes in. This now makes him not only Roma's top goalscorer with 9 goals but also the Serie A top goalscorer with 8 goals, 2 goals clear of second top goalscorer Mario Balotelli. Roma continue their domination in the league and now have 8 wins from 9 games and are still unbeaten and just a point clear of Napoli who sit in second place. Konoplyanka's two assists today for Kenedy also puts him first in the assists chart with 6 which just confirms Roma's status as the biggest side in the Serie A right now.

Incredible
game today, we scored 2 goals in 2 minutes which was incredible and Kenedy just proved why he was a **** of a purchase. Pjanic had a very solid game even without counting his goal and Konoplyanka has just been immense as well. We have so many players now who are just showing that you don't need so much money to buy world-class players and that youngsters sometimes can just do the job too. We have a couple of just insane young players in this squad and in the youth ranks and I'm really impressed with our performances as of late. The game against Bologna was a game we wanted to move on from, the game against Empoli wasn't great either but this one was very good. My son came with me for the first time away from home and was just sitting in one of the VIP stands and came with me on the pitch to celebrate with the players after the win, it was great. Since I became a manager I just don't feel like I've spent that much time with my son and today was a great time to do so. I'm just glad we got a win though, imagine taking him on the pitch after a loss!

Totti is finding this all too easy! Great to see him back in Rome where he belongs too :)

View attachment 168291
01/11/2018

This season's "Invincibles" continued their unbeaten streak as they grabbed a 2-1 win over Udinese with a late goal from Brazilian forward Kenedy. Konoplyanka found himself on the scoresheet once again as Gilberto, the Brazilian right-back who serves as backup for Manquillo, got the man of the match award. This now takes Roma to an 11-game unbeaten streak with 10 of those games coming in the Serie A, as the longest unbeaten streak in Serie A's history was set by AC Milan from January 1991 to November 1992 as they went 58 games without losing. Totti's side are obviously a long way off that record but 10 games unbeaten is still a very good achievement as it also is Roma's 4th win a row with the Serie A record standing at 17 wins in a row set by Inter from October 2006 to February 2007.

We got a bit lucky with that today; we didn't play great football but Kenedy managed to ****** a late winner which gave us all 3 points. We're winning game after game now and I just feel like the fans are starting to get bored now. I can't imagine those Milan fans from 1991 who didn't lose a single game in 58 matches! I'm very happy that we're on this run and my worries about our current setup are slowly going away now, although I can see that other teams are slowly figuring it out. I think we'll have to change systems in January of next year and just see how our results look then. I'm excited about it and already have some tactics in mind.

View attachment 168288
05/11/2018
View attachment 1033326
Roma come out on top against Sampdoria

View attachment 168287

View attachment 168286
And another one for Roma! Sampdoria thought they were on one of the best comebacks of the season as they went from 3-0 down to 3-2 down but Konoplyanka's goal in the 72nd minute crushed those dreams of a comeback to give Roma all 3 points. With a game in hand over Napoli, they are level at the top of the league with the latter but stay 1st due to their incredible goal difference. Since becoming a manager, Totti has been known to get his teams to score a lot of goals as shown by Roma's 32 GOALS in 11 games this season meaning they score an average of 2.9 goals a game, as incredible as that sounds. Their defensive record isn't as good but an offensive record that high makes up for it. I Giallorossi now have a very tough run of fixtures ahead of them with games against rivals Lazio, Totti's ex-club Inter and this season's biggest underperformers Juventus.

Again? Wow. Filip was still injured but asked me to play today; I didn't want to risk but he pushed to so I said okay and there he goes scoring a goal and getting the man of the match award. He got 2 assists as well which is incredible but I just can't believe our form at the moment. We're winning game after game and the fans are ecstatic and so am I! However, we're going to have a tough run of games next and it will be hard to keep that form up especially against such strong sides. Lazio, Inter and Juventus have all been underperforming lately and they'll want to do well against us so we need to be ready!

View attachment 168275
11/11/2018

View attachment 168274
Roma - Lazio commentary

View attachment 168273

Welcome to this season's first "Derby della Capitale"! Thank you for following our live commentary today and let's hope for an amazing game! With Roma sitting in first place and Lazio in 9th, both teams will be really motivated to try and get a result especially in front of their fans. This is Totti's first ever Roma derby since leaving the club in February 2016 and it should be a very emotional game for Totti.

View attachment 168265View attachment 168266
No surprises in terms of lineups for this game, both teams stick with their usual strategies hoping to get a result. It'll be interesting to see how Candreva does as a centre-mid, considering he's naturally a right-winger.

LAZIO KICK OFF - 1'

3' Roma get a free-kick at the edge of the box on the left side; Pjanic crosses it in but it's headed away by Lazio's defence as Kostic gets to the ball and goes down the line to the corner flag and crosses it in for Kenedy who volleys it first time! Ooooooooohh what a GOOOAAAAAAAAL FOR ROMA!!! Kenedy continues his amazing form and puts his side 1-0 up at the 3-minute mark! What a start for Totti's side!

ROMA 1-0 LAZIO - 3' (Kenedy)

View attachment 168264

13' Roma play around the box after another missed corner as Konoplyanka gets his shot blocked and gets the ball to switch to the left side with Pjanic; the Bosnian switches the ball again as he passes it to Gilberto on the right who puts in a cross, it doesn't look like anyone's going to get on it oh wait! Kostic is on the end of it and he smashes it! GOAAAAAAL TO ROMAAAAA!!! It's 2-0!! What an amazing start to the game for Roma!

ROMA 2-0 LAZIO - 13' (Filip Kostic)

View attachment 168263
19' CHANCE! Roma bring the ball forward through Gilberto and Konoplyanka; the ball comes to Nainggolan who sends Lazaar on the left. The latter puts in a through ball for Kostic who strikes it first time! Good save from the Lazio goalkeeper as it goes out for a corner but nothing comes from it.

28' ANOTHER CHANCE FOR ROMA! Lazaar throws the ball in from the left side straight to Kenedy; the Brazilian holds onto the ball and tries to pass it back but is closed down by the defence. He skills past the defender and puts in a wonderful cross for Dzeko who heads it straight at the keeper and it's cleared by the defence!

HALF-TIME - ROMA 2-0 LAZIO

View attachment 168262
The stats are very reflective of the game so far; Roma completely dominating and Lazio not really trying to go forward that much. They'll be hoping for a better second-half but looking at how Roma are playing today, I don't see any other result but a Roma win today. Kostic and Kenedy have been incredible today and Roma really deserve their lead at the half.

ROMA KICK OFF - 45'

51' First substitution of the game and it comes from Roma; Dzeko comes off as he's been quite poor today and is replaced by Tarashaj who's playing his 3rd game of the bench this season.

60' Corner on the right for Roma; Pjanic whips it in front post as Enzo Roco is standing there and he smashes it past the keeper!!! GOAAAAAAL TO ROMA!!! It's 3-0!!! What is going on?? No one expected that at all! What a game for Roma and what a nightmare for Lazio!

ROMA 3-0 LAZIO (Enzo Roco)

View attachment 168261

74'
Salah and Strootman both coming on for Konoplyanka and Nainggolan; the last 2 substitutions possible for Roma

90'
Free-kick from Pjanic on the left; he puts in a cross but it's headed away. Tarashaj gets it back and passes it to Salah inside the box on the right as Sepe the Lazio goalkeeper follows him but Salah squares it to Gilbertooooooooo! ANOTHER GOAL FOR ROMA!!! It's 4!! 4-0! What a game! An absolutely ridiculous result for Roma!

ROMA 4-0 LAZIO (Gilberto)

View attachment 168254
FULL TIME - ROMA 4-0 LAZIO

An absolute thrashing for Roma as they beat their rivals Lazio 4-0! This was an amazing game to watch in terms of the scoreline but apart from that, it was all Roma throughout all 90 minutes and Lazio never looked dangerous at all. They tried to play defensive but failed in every aspect and Belotti was terrible up front for them. Totti will be buzzing about this result as he really confirms his status as fan favourite and Roma legend with such a good result against their biggest rivals. This now means that Roma go 3 points clear at the top of the Serie A, taking their offensive record to 36 goals scored in 11 games. Incredible stuff from I Giallorossi. We want to thank you all so much for following the live commentary with us today and hope to see you next time for Roma vs Inter in just about 2 weeks!

View attachment 1033363
Roma destroy Lazio in derby

View attachment 168251
Like a boss

View attachment 168250

Now that is what you call a good derby. Or not. It depends who you support; for Roma fans, the best day of their year so far, for Lazio fans, the worst. Absolute domination from I Giallorossi who will be absolutely buzzing about this result and incredibly happy to be able to keep their good form going. Will they be able to keep it going against the likes of Inter and Juventus? We'll have to find out but for now Totti's side just seems invincible and they play better and better game after game. During his post-match conference, he even talked about how emotional it was for him to come back at the Olimpico for a Rome derby as a manager and triumph in such an incredible way:

Francesco Totti: "Am I proud of this result? That's like asking a student if he's happy about getting 100% on his latest test! Of course I'm happy, more than that, I'm honoured to be the manager at this football club. Italian football in the past few years as been regarded as weak and just not in a great way after some match fixing issues but it's games like those that really show the true level of the Serie A and the players here. I'm so eager to get in the Champions League with this team and do wonders there because right now, and I'm saying this very honestly, I've never managed such incredible players. Even at Inter. And personally, this game was just incredibly emotional; having left towards the end of February one of the last games I played in was a Rome derby and that was when I scored and took that selfie with the fans in the background. It was an incredible day for me and I'm just so proud to come back as a manager and be as successful as that game was. Now we just need to stay focused obviously because as happy as we all are, there are more tough games coming up and we really need to win those to assert ourselves as legitimate title contenders. There's no doubt that at the beginning of the season people thought we could do it but looking at the odds of us winning the title, they were set at 14-1 and we were predicted to finish 5th. Now, we have to face two teams who were predicted to finish 1st and 2nd and had the best odds in terms of winning the title so it'll be very hard but as I've always said, with the team we have here, we can go a very long way."

Last edited:
what tactic are you using? incredible stats!! well done francesco

Here are the roles:

View attachment 168249
And the instructions:

View attachment 168248
Hope this helps! :) It's been working incredibly well for me with Inter and Roma but I haven't tested it with other teams yet so let me know how you get on with it if you do use it! All credit goes to TotalFootballFan9 for creating this tactic, he has some really amazing stuff that you can check out on the tactics forum too ;)

You have no playmaker hhmmm.... *Look his Tottenham tactic* nah Eriksen is too good at AP :)

I will do, fantastic result and great read... might emulate the great enrico pucci in terms of stories as he seems absent this year