You have no playmaker hhmmm.... *Look his Tottenham tactic* nah Eriksen is too good at AP :)

Hahaha you could train him so he's able to play as a right attacking mid? Although I agree Eriksen is way too good at AP ;)

I will do, fantastic result and great read... might emulate the great enrico pucci in terms of stories as he seems absent this year

Thank you for the support I appreciate it :) that sounds great by the way, I hope you start that!

Hahaha you could train him so he's able to play as a right attacking mid? Although I agree Eriksen is way too good at AP ;)

Well I'm not so sure what kind formation I'm going in 2nd season... At the moment 4-2-3-1 but I hate that gap between defenders and midfielders... So thinking something like your but well Eriksen has most assist(11 after 26) in PL and highest AVR(8.07) so no thanks tactics without CAM...

Well I'm not so sure what kind formation I'm going in 2nd season... At the moment 4-2-3-1 but I hate that gap between defenders and midfielders... So thinking something like your but well Eriksen has most assist(11 after 26) in PL and highest AVR(8.07) so no thanks tactics without CAM...

Hahah fair enough :)

View attachment 168032
24/11/2018

Inter - Roma commentary

View attachment 168031
View attachment 1033621

And welcome back for yet another live commentary, this time it's Inter vs Roma at the San Siro just about 12 days after Roma's absolute thrashing of Lazio 4-0. Inter are currently outside of European places and will want to get a good result against an invincible Roma side to move up the table to try and qualify for next year's Champions League. It's unlikely that Totti will change his tactics for this game as it worked so well against Lazio but we might see a change of system for Hierro's Inter.

View attachment 168027View attachment 168024
Both Hierro and Totti decide to stick with their usual formations as Inter rock their 4-3-3 and Roma keep their 4-1-2-1-2 shape.

INTER KICK OFF - 1'

1' Inter try to attack straight from the kick-off but Roma manage to get the ball away and move forward to attack themselves. Lazaar sends the ball forward to Kenedy who crosses it in for Dzeko but Emre Can clears it; Pjanic gets to it at the edge of the box and manages to give it back to Lazaar who takes it past his man and whips one in for Dzekoooooooo! GOAL FOR ROMA ALREADY!! IT'S 1-0!!!! What a start to the game! Just 46 seconds in and Roma take the lead away from home!

INTER 0-1 ROMA - 1' (Edin Dzeko)

View attachment 168017

12' Santon picks up the ball at the halfway line and puts in a great through ball for Icardi who runs with it and just smashes it to force a great save from Onur Kivrak. Still 1-0.

29'
Two quickfire chances from Roma in the 27th and 29th as Dzeko and Kostic hit the ball straight at Trapp who easily holds on to the ball for both those shots.

45+1' Lazaar throws the ball forward from the halfway line to Kenedy who heads it backwards to Dzeko; the Bosnian giant sees the run from Konoplyanka on the right as he gets into the box! Great chipped through ball! The Ukranian controls the ball and goes past one defender before smashing it and Trapp doesn't even move!!! It's 2-0!!!! GOAAAAAAAAL FOR ROMAAAAAA!!! What a great first-half for Roma! Totti will be extremely pleased!

INTER 0-2 ROMA - 45+1' (Eugene Konoplyanka)

View attachment 168037

HALF TIME - INTER 0-2 ROMA

View attachment 168023
Inter have not been dangerous enough and it shows in the stats. Roma have had most of the chances despite Inter attempting to keep the ball and move forward. Hierro won't be very happy with his side's performance and will ask for a lot more from them for sure. Totti, on the other hand, will be delighted but will have to make sure his side doesn't get complacent and give up on their lead.

ROMA KICK OFF - 45'

51' Kivrak hits a long kick and finds Dzeko as Roma quickly pass it through between Dzeko and Kenedy; Kenedy finds Konoplyanka who goes past the defender and strikes one but Trapp gets an easy save.

53' Terrible throw from Lazaar as Gnoukouri heads it away to Icardi; the Inter captain puts in a through ball for Embolo who runs away from the defender, passes it to Mkhitaryan to bring the keeper out as the Armenian gives it back to Embolo! It's almost an empty net! And he misses! What a save from Kivrak!! How on Earth did Embolo miss that???

60' Inter really pushing forward to try and get a goal here; Lazaar gets to the ball at the back and starts dribbling forward but that's terrible from the Moroccan AGAIN, as he loses the ball to Fabregas! Great through ball now from the Spaniard for Icardi who runs into the box with the ball from the right! The angle seems so tight now but he hits it and that's in!!! GOAAAAAAAL TO INTER!! A great strike for Icardi and Inter are right back in it with 30 minutes to go!!

INTER 1-2 ROMA - 60' (Mauro Icardi)

View attachment 168022

61' Two substitutions for Roma now; Strootman comes on for Nainggolan and Tarashaj comes on for Kenedy, who's really not had a great game today

65' Enzo Roco now coming on for Emiliano Velazquez who truly had a terrible game

74' Inter really pressing for another goal now with Santon on the right hand side, he goes past Lazaar and puts in a cross!! It goes over Kivrak and Toquinho gets on the end of it and oh my!!!! What a comeback!! GOAAAAAAL FOR INTERRRRR!!!!! IT'S 2-2!!!! What a game!!

INTER 2-2 ROMA - 74' (Toquinho)

View attachment 168021

87' Both teams REALLY pushing for a winner here at the San Siro the pressure is immense. Roma try to launch two counter-attacks but Inter get the ball back twice; ball's in the air in Roma's half and Lovren heads it away to Dzeko. The Bosnian gets tackled and Gilberto picks it up and sprints forward very quickly before putting it an absolute beauty of a cross for Kostic who's at the end of it!!!! He just had to tap it in given the pace of that cross and it's a GOAL FOR ROMA!!! What a goal!!! Roma fans in the away stand are going insane!!!! I Giallorossi are back in the lead with just a few minutes to go!!!

INTER 2-3 ROMA - 87' (Filip Kostic)

View attachment 168020

90+2'
Very tense end to the game here at the San Siro, Inter doing their best to try and break down Roma's defence in the hopes of getting one last goal but it looks like the referee is going to blow his whistle soon and he does! What an end to an amazing game here in Milan as Roma come out on top yet AGAIN and get their first victory over Inter in a long, long time! Emotional return for Totti as he faced his former club who gave him a **** of a game but in the end he managed to get the victory to stay top of the league for just a little bit longer. Great stuff from Roma today they were very dominant in the first half and lost a bit of focus in the second half but managed to clinch a late winner so congratulations to them and we want to thank you all so much for joining us today for our live commentary and we hope to see you next week for Roma's game against Juventus for yet another Serie A clash!

FULL TIME - INTER 2-3 ROMA

View attachment 1033633
Roma clinch late winner in great game at the San Siro

View attachment 168019
View attachment 168018
Roma won very late at the end of a beautiful game between Totti's former club Inter and his current club Roma as I Giallorossi go 6 points clear at the top of the Serie A ahead of Napoli's game in hand. Kostic had a very good game and one of the highlights of this game will definitely be Dzeko's 46-second goal but also Inter's comeback in the second half. Fabregas claimed the man of the match award after an impressive display but he unfortunately couldn't get his side a win or draw in a very tight game.

A fantastic win! We deserved it in the end but it was a great game between two incredible teams so I'm happy. Now I just want to focus on our game against Juve next week but I'm very excited about this win and really happy with our performances. I don't really have that much to say other than it was a very emotional game for sure for me but I got through it and overcame those feelings and we got the win and kept our cool so that's an added bonus. It was great to see Mauro and Breel and just all of the Inter players again and I wish them the best for the rest of the season but I warned them that the title was ours!

View attachment 167208
01/12/2018
View attachment 1034546
Roma score late once again to clinch victory against Juventus

View attachment 167204
View attachment 167203

Roma once again managed to clinch a late winner through Filip Kostic as they got 6 points clear at the top of the Serie A table, waiting on Napoli to play their game in hand. Totti will certainly be very happy about his team-talk and the way his players hit back after being 2-0 down at half-time but managing to come back level just 3 minutes after the start of the second half as Kostic got an 88th-minute winner. That's now 7 wins in a row for Roma as they continue their amazing form this season and are still unbeaten since the start of the season in August.

Very proud of that win for sure; the players were down at half-time, they thought the game was over, but I told them to get back on their feet because the game was nowhere near over and we managed to get all 3 points in the end. It was really close, but we did it. I think we deserved this result even though Juventus probably deserved a draw as they completely outplayed us in the first half but it doesn't matter anymore. We won, we stay top of the Serie A, and we continue our good form. Hopefully now we can keep that going as we play Ternana Calcio in the TIM Cup Fourth Qualifying round and then in the Serie A for 3 games before a well-deserved winter break.

View attachment 167139
23/12/2018

December 2018 review

View attachment 167137

A good month overall but extremely disappointed about losing to Spezia. No disrespect to them, but as Serie A leaders that's a game we should win very easily. Apart from that, we only got wins, one of them being a very important victory against Napoli in the TIM Cup. We knocked out a team who could have easily ruined our chances of maybe winning the Cup so we did well to knock them out. I'm satisfied with most of our results but not necessarily our performances if I'm honest. Nainggolan got 2 red cards and we only managed to win 1-0 against Carpi and beating Sassuolo just 3-2 isn't exactly convincing either, especially considering we got the winner in the 90th minute AGAIN.

View attachment 167132
A very late win but a win nevertheless. Nainggolan got sent off as I mentioned earlier but overall it was somewhat of a good game. Sassuolo have been really impressive this season in the league as they were in 4th when we played them but we managed to get through it.

View attachment 167131
View attachment 167130
Clearly dominated the game and definitely deserved the win. I played a weaker side considering the opposition and I won't say I regret it because we got the win but the performance wasn't as convincing as it could have been. The worst part about this game was that Javi got injured for a month and a half. Not exactly the greatest time for our one of our key players to get injured. Gilberto's been playing really well though so I'm not too worried.

View attachment 167129
View attachment 167128
Kenedy stepped up AGAIN as he scored his 17th and 18th goal of the season with one in extra-time. The stats suggest that we probably should have won by a couple more goals but Napoli are an extremely strong side and we managed to beat them after 100 minutes. The only problem with this game is that Nainggolan keeps getting sent off and now Strootman is out for 5 to 6 weeks too. In the case of Nainggolan being sent off again, we won't have anyone to replace him in the defensive midfielder position so we might have to change systems until Strootman comes back from his injury. **** ligaments; I'm gonna need to have a word with the physios to see if they've been making the players stretch them properly because this is ridiculous now.

View attachment 167127
Kind of sums up our month. We end the year with a loss to a team sitting in 19th. Nainggolan got sent off and we didn't have anyone to put on as a replacement and lost the game 1-0. Congratulations to Spezia, they played better than us and now are giving me something to definitely think about ahead of New Year's and our games in January. I'm definitely thinking about changing systems now and it might be about time because I've been talking about it with the coaches for a while now.

January preview

View attachment 167126

Apart from the game against Napoli, who'll want revenge for our TIM Cup game, we should have a good month. Fiorentina are the team to look out for from the bunch as they are a strong side who have the potential to win against us. We won't be complacent with the other games but I'm not as worried about them as I am about the Napoli and Fiorentina wins.

Player of the month

Kenedy
View attachment 167124
View attachment 167123

The stats say it all. 6 goals in 4 games and overall fantastic performances in all the games he played. Even during our game against Spezia when we lost 1-0, he was one of our top performers. He's turning out to be an amazing signing and I'm really happy that we got him for such a good price; actually, that we got him at all! He's an amazing youngster with a great career ahead of him.

View attachment 166853
01/02/2019
January review

View attachment 166850

By far our worst month of the season; 3 losses and just 2 wins is not exactly acceptable especially when we're competing for the title so I definitely expect better from the boys in the coming months because Napoli are starting to do a lot better and if they keep going like this, they might even win the league. We're just about halfway through the season so we have a lot of time but we need to make sure we perform, even if there's a lot of games to be played. From now on, every single game matters.

New signing

View attachment 166849
View attachment 166848

There were rumours about us signing him back a couple of months ago but we did it. 45 million euros is a huge sum of money but he's been outstanding in Germany and we needed that world-class Italian player who would take us to the next level. Since we spent so much on him, I decided to not sign anyone else and besides, we've got everything we need with the squad already available now.

Departure

View attachment 166847
He left for about 6 million and it was the best thing to do for him. He wasn't going to play with the likes of Salah, Konoplyanka and Kostic in the team and he goes to Olympiakos in the hopes of kick-starting his career. At 21 years old, he's got a lot of time ahead of him.

View attachment 166846
A good debut for El Shaarawy but a very disappointing result. This was the game we needed to win to assert ourselves at the favourites to win the league and we didn't and it costs us not only 3 points but also a comforting cushion at the top of the Serie A as we're not level with Napoli.

View attachment 166843
Our worst loss of the season; probably even worse than the one to Spezia. I don't know what happened but we've now lost our last 3 games which really isn't something I wanted to happen and I didn't want to start off 2019 like this. We need to perform better. Lazaar is away for the African Cup of Nations so I've had to play our youngster Chianello and he's been incredible and in this game he probably was our best player with Kostic. Just unacceptable and I'm very disappointed with the result especially because now it's cost us 1st place.

View attachment 166842
Thankfully for us we're just 2 points behind and we have a lot of games still to play so let's really try to do better in our next games and get back 1st place.

View attachment 166841
A good victory to boost our confidence. We were expected to win and we did with quite some ease to say the least and I'm happy about the win. Filip was amazing again, Shani impressed me and Eugene once again just crushed it and showed how good he is. We were the favourites before the game and also during, as shown through the stats.

View attachment 166839
Who thought that our youngster Chianello would score 3 goals in 3 games from left-back? Amazing performance from everyone with Eugene scoring again and just overall a good performance. Fiorentina are a very tough side that I was worried about facing and we did well to keep our cool and get the 3 points. An added bonus is that we climb to the top of the table again! If we keep this going then I make us favourites to win the title.

February preview

View attachment 166837
Some tough games but some easier ones too. The AC Milan, Sampdoria and Atalanta games will be our hardest ones because of the importance of the game, the status of the other team or a rivalry we have with that team. Apart from that, we have a chance of getting a couple of points from the other 3 games which should be able to boost our confidence like our last 2 wins against Genoa and Fiorentina.

Player of the month

Riccardo Chianello
View attachment 166835
View attachment 166836
As a 20-year old left-back who came in to replace our star left-back, he sure as **** did an incredible job. Three goals from three games and superb performances all round and I'm really proud to give him the player of the month award, he deserves it and I can't wait to see what else he can do for this club in the future.

View attachment 166585
01/03/2019
February review

View attachment 166584

Started the month off really well with 4 wins from 4 games but ended the month pretty badly with a 2-1 loss to a rival and a 1-1 draw with Bologna. We dropped crucial points once again in the last games of the month which
isn't great but we did very well to beat AC Milan and pretty decently in our other games. This means we're starting March in quite a strong position but we'll need to stay strong for sure.

View attachment 166583
An absolutely incredible game that we probably deserved to win in the end given our amount of chances and the fact that we were a man up for just under 30 minutes. A shame that Radja got sent off AGAIN but at least we got the 3 points against a very strong team.

View attachment 166582
A solid win to take us to the semi-finals of the TIM Cup. Thank God for El Shaarawy! He's already proving to be a great buy and a key first-team player who'll definitely be one of our best performers by the end of the season. This win was especially impressive because we conceded right before half-time and still managed to come back and go through to the next round.

View attachment 166581
We should have definitely done better in this game. We got the victory which obviously is the good part but Hellas Verona are not a side that we should concede against and win by such a small margin against. It's still a good victory though and I'll take all 3 points to stay top of the Serie A! Great performance again from Chianello as well.

View attachment 166580
And another good win. More convincing than the Hellas Verona win and we stayed in control for the majority of the game. Chianello was really impressive again and Eugene scored 2 which is nothing more than I can ask for from a star winger. The fact that El Shaarawy or Kenedy haven't scored this game doesn't really bother me either as they scored in our past 2 games.

View attachment 166579
An extremely disappointing defeat that now means we've lost 3 of our last 5 away games. Not a good away record at all. I'm just extremely angry about this loss because I think we should've done better but oh well.

View attachment 166578
Bologna will definitely be happier about this draw than we are but they deserved it. They held the ball a bit better than us and we just didn't take our chances, especially El Shaarawy by missing a penalty. We stay 2nd in the Serie A for now, but I'm confident we'll go back to first before the end of the season; we have a great squad full of a lot of fantastic world-class players and youngsters so we have a great chance at winning the title especially looking at our next couple of games.

March preview

View attachment 166577

Another big game against AC Milan in the TIM Cup but apart from that, these are all very winnable games but we'll need to be wary of Sampdoria and Udinese. They're both great sides who could surprise us if we don't stay careful the whole game and steal 3 points from us. There are definitely points to be won in those couple of games so I hope we can take advantage of that and do our best to get back at the top of the table.

Player of the month

Eugene Konoplyanka
View attachment 166576

View attachment 166573
He was absolutely incredible this month and even in games where the team didn't play too well he just outperformed everyone. He scored 4 times in 6 games and made 2 assists and was just overall a world-class winger who brought so much to the team. I'm really happy with how he's been playing and am hoping he can keep that going in the last months of the season.

Just read all the way through this, superb stuff mate, thought you had a good starting season at Inter and then the second season was just as good. Delighted to see you're now at Roma!

View attachment 166508
01/04/2019
March review

View attachment 166507

A great month for sure, our best since the start of 2019. 5 wins from 5 games is exactly what we wanted, especially the win against AC Milan in the TIM Cup semi-final. Our 4 wins in the Serie A put us right back in first place about 5 points clear (with a game in hand) which is amazing considering there are just 8 games left in the season now. Forza Roma!

View attachment 166506

View attachment 166505
A great win putting us right back in the title race and continuing our good form. Kenedy hadn't scored in a few games and he did twice today to gift us the 3 points, fantastic performance from him. We were really expected to win against Empoli so I won't see I'm that impressed with the win but it's a good victory nonetheless.

View attachment 166504
A superb win putting us almost in the final already. I won't get complacent and say we're already through but it's a great win that puts us in a commanding position for the second leg for sure. Roco with an unusual goal and Eugene with yet another goal this season gave us a good victory over a very strong side.

View attachment 166503
Two early goals give us the win, very satisfying indeed. They came back really late on with a 90th-minute goal which didn't really matter in the end but we did well today. Stephan and Kenedy both scored and proved that our strikers are very good at scoring goals. I'm happy about the win and about how we're putting pressure on Napoli and hopefully this form will keep going.

View attachment 166502
A solid away win again as we scored twice early on through Eugene. The man of the match went to Filip who showed once again he might be the signing of the season and we've now gone back to first place! Finally! We worked really hard for this so now we need to just hold on to that lead.

View attachment 166501
After finally getting back first place, we needed to impress and we managed to do just that. Edin scored once in the first half and a second time in the last few minutes of the game gave us all 3 points against a very strong Sampdoria side who took the lead quite early on. They had just about more possession which could be the only negative of this game but other than that we did very well.

April preview

View attachment 166500

A very, very tough month. We're going into the last few games of the season in the Serie A and in the cup and it's going to be very tough for sure. Our games against Lazio, AC Milan, Inter and Juventus coming all one after the other is going to be very tough but as title contenders, we'll have to show that we are strong enough to get points in all those games and play well throughout.

Player of the month

Stephan El Shaarawy
View attachment 166499
View attachment 166498

Just one goal in 5 games doesn't seem like the best record but overall he was just incredible in every game we played. All of his passes were great and he was just a key player on the field, always in movement trying to get the ball forward. I'm so happy with that signing and if he keeps performing that well, I don't see why I can't give him the captain's armband later in his Roma career!

Last edited:
Just read all the way through this, superb stuff mate, thought you had a good starting season at Inter and then the second season was just as good. Delighted to see you're now at Roma!
Thanks so much for the support! Really glad you're enjoying it :) It's been great at Roma so far, hopefully Totti can win the title in his first season!

View attachment 166408
01/05/2019
April review

View attachment 166407

Another great month especially considering the fact that we are about 2-3 weeks away from the end of the season. All those Serie A wins give us great confidence ahead of the last 3 games of the season, putting us 8 points clear at the top of the table which means that winning our next game will get us the Serie A title, something that Roma hasn't won since 2001. I was at the club when we won it and what a great moment it was and of course now with Juventus' domination in the past few years and Inter winning it last year, there hasn't been a lot of opportunities for Roma to win it. Now though, with Inter not performing as well as they did last year and Juventus completely crumbling, it's our best chance yet. We also went through to the TIM Cup final, a competition not won by Roma since 2008 and the last time we were in the final was in 2016 against Juventus. It's a repeat of that final this year as we play Antonio Conte's side and will hope to get the club's 10th TIM Cup.

View attachment 166406
View attachment 166405
View attachment 166404
View attachment 166403
A fantastic win against our rivals in a very heated game. We won 4-0 the first time we faced them this season and they wanted revenge but we still managed to hold on to a 2-0 lead most of the game. Filip is fantastic every time he plays and I feel like he's a bit of an unsung hero in this team but I definitely notice how well he plays every game. Salah getting injured for a month was probably the only negative of this game but we have great players who can replace him.

View attachment 166402
A great win where we definitely felt the pressure from the opposing team. They were pushing for a couple of goals since they had to overcome a 2-0 defeat in the first leg but we held on and even got a goal of our own and won 3-0 on aggregate. It's a great victory and a great chance for us to win a trophy this season maybe alongside the Serie A trophy. Enzo had one of his best games of the season and got the man of the match award very understandably.

View attachment 166401
An incredibly close game and once again it was a game we needed to win in order to keep a comfortable 1st place lead in the league. We got an early lead through an own goal which I won't complain about but we stayed solid afterwards and managed to grab a second goal to take the lead early on in the second half. Their red card made the game worse for them and really crushed their hopes of coming back in the last 5 minutes which was great for us.

View attachment 166400
View attachment 166394
The most surprising of this month's wins by far. I knew we could get a victory against Juventus because we've done it before this season but a 2-0 win away from home is very impressive. I'm really happy about Filip's and Eugene's performances as they scored the goals that gave us the win and overall the whole team played very well and managed to hold off a Juventus side that definitely look much weaker this season than they ever did in the past 6-7 years. That win also allows us to qualify for next year's Champions League which is an amazing bonus.

View attachment 166393
A great win as we came back from behind to get a 3-1 win at home. It's never easy to come back from a 5th-minute opener from the opposition and we might have gotten lucky once again as we equalised from an own goal but Stephan and Filip made sure we got all 3 points in a game we knew we'd win anyway.

View attachment 166392
Our last game of the month and it proved to be a very good one. Carpi being bottom of the table, we were expected to win this game for sure and we fully delivered as we completely crushed them. We could have won by a few more goals but a 2-0 win will do, especially as we've now won 9 games in a row in the Serie A. A win next game now could give us the title!

May/June preview

View attachment 166388
Our last four games of the season are going to be absolutely fantastic for sure. A win against Spezia could see us win the title just before we face currently 2nd placed Napoli which would end the season on such a great note and the final against Juventus will be full of emotions and will definitely be thrilling. This could be Roma's first league title in 18 years. With me as manager. What a great way it would be to end the season like that. I'm really looking forward to those couple of games and hope that we can end the season with at least one trophy from the two that we are already favourites to win anyway.

Player of the month

Eugene Konoplyanka
View attachment 166390

View attachment 166389
He was absolutely outstanding this month considering he wasn't playing in his natural positions on two occasions and didn't really start the month off so well as he only got a 6.8 average rating in the Lazio game. 2 goals from those 5 games that he played in is a decent record for a winger and overall I was really impressed with him yet again.

View attachment 166381
12/05/2019

View attachment 1035435
Roma title celebrations put on hold as Spezia get draw

View attachment 166379
View attachment 166377
Unfortunately for Totti, he'll have to wait another week before celebrating an eventual Serie A title next week if they get a victory against Napoli or even a draw. Spezia once again proved themselves to be Roma's dark horse as they got a 3-3 draw by scoring in the 90th minute before Konoplyanka rescued Roma a point with a goal just about 20 seconds after Spezia's goal. A fantastic game of football which showed that small sides seemingly already relegated can still play incredible football as they played against a team that were supposed to win the title this week already.

A bit disappointed by that, we had to win this game to celebrate the title early but clearly that wasn't enough of a motivator for the players. Radja got sent off and some players in defence just didn't really play well at all. I'm not too worried because a win or a draw in our next game will see us become Italian champions but if we lose, we could be in trouble. Hopefully that won't happen and it will stay the worst case scenario.

View attachment 166370
26/05/2019

View attachment 1035447
Title race on as Roma lose against Napoli

View attachment 166368
View attachment 166367

Roma have now completely opened up the title race as they lost at the San Paolo against Napoli in a game that saw the hosts get a late goal to clinch the win. This now puts Roma just 3 points clear at the top of the Serie A and as head-to-head counts ahead of goal difference in Italy, Napoli could go top of the league and win the Serie A if Roma were to lose and Napoli to win their last game of the season. Roma thought today would be their day as Konoplyanka scored very early on but unfortunately for them, Napoli equalised straight away and ended up winning the game.

Not a good result at all, we've put a LOT of pressure on ourselves ahead of the last game of the season. Them winning this game means that we can't afford to lose our last game, unless we just want to give the title away. We played decently and I feel like we could have gotten a bit more from this game but the boys weren't in it and we lost. It's kind of a big deal but I didn't make it seem like it was to the players so they wouldn't approach the next game too stressed out or nervous; they're intelligent enough to figure that out themselves but still.

View attachment 166351
02/06/2019

View attachment 1035481
Roma win first Serie A in 18 years

View attachment 166347
View attachment 166346
Kostic scored twice in 3 minutes in the first half to gift Roma their first Serie A title since the 2000/2001 season as they ended an 18-year league title drought. Roma fans will definitely have club legend Francesco Totti to thank for this amazing achievement as the current Roma manager led his team to a 1st place finish, 5 points clear from Napoli after they drew 2-2 with AC Milan in their last game of the season. It's the end of an absolutely amazing day for Roma and for Totti too as the latter entered the Italian Hall of Fame after winning his second Serie A title as a manager and adds on to his multiple titles won with former club Inter. Kostic finishes the season with the highest average rating as well, scoring an average of 8.15 per game since the start of the season.

View attachment 166343
What a season. What a day. I just couldn't help but put on a Roma jersey and run and celebrate with the players after today's win. To lift the trophy at home on the last game of the season is just a dream come true and it's been absolutely ages since I was last able to do that. I'm so happy about my individual achievements as a manager but so proud of this team who at the beginning of the season were still kind of unsettled by their bad season last year but managed to turn it around, trust me and my abilities and just play beautiful football until the end of the season. It was an amazing game, an amazing Serie A season and I can't wait for next year already. Unfortunately for us though, it's not going to be all celebrations now as we need to prepare for the TIM Cup final against Juventus in a week. Forza Roma!!!