21/04/2017

View attachment 1027772
Icardi the hero as Inter grab late goal

View attachment 173393
View attachment 173392
I could not believe my eyes! Mauro, the captain! Stepping up at the very last minute once again after doing nothing all game! Oh my what a game! I just have no words for our excited and happy I am right now. We will face Fenerbahçe in the Europa League semi-final in what should be an even more incredible game but this was just incredible. This is the first time as a manager that I've felt so emotional losing a game. We lost the second leg but won on aggregate and that's what was so beautiful about this loss. I am so confident in this team and I am so happy here. Of course, after I left Roma all I wanted to do was to go back there as a manager or as part of the club somehow but I'm starting to really like it here. They used to call me the King of Rome and you know what I like that nickname and my goal as a manager since I started has always been to join Roma and manage them to glory but right now, I couldn't be happier at Inter. I never thought I would be happy somewhere else than Roma in Italy but it's happening now. Europa League semi-final, TIM Cup final and fighting for second place in the Serie A? What a first season. I was really nervous at the end of this game I even went and sat back down on the bench when the assistant referee announced there were 2 additional minutes but I just have no words for what happened. Right now I love Mauro more than my own son I mean just incredible! I am so happy and so pumped for our next games now, especially the upcoming Milan derby.

View attachment 173391
Definitely a tough and heavy schedule. Out of 6 games in the next 2 weeks, we've got 4 incredibly tough games and 2 tough games. This is where champions are made, this is where the big teams differ from the smaller teams. They can handle the pressure, they can play many games in a row and do well in all of them. Under my management, me Francesco Totti, I will not have my Inter side not perform in those next 6 games and I can assure all the fans of that. Let's hope for the best now.

26/04/2017

View attachment 1027793
Hat-trick hero Icardi gifts Inter victory over rivals

View attachment 173367
View attachment 173366

Icardi just seems to love a bit of 90th-minute drama. Three games in a row now he scores or makes an assist in the 90th minute to gift us a victory. This game was so important for the fans and we've done it. The scoreline somewhat reflects on the entire game but we fully deserved that late goal. When I saw that cross come in from the far left about 35 meters away from the goal from Marco Asensio I just thought no way! And Mauro was right there just waiting for it and he volleyed it perfectly in the top right corner and got his hat-trick. Incredible, just incredible. After our 4-0 win against Atalanta last week the players were feeling confident about this one and boy were they right to be. Fantastic victory. Up next is Napoli, I'm excited.

29/04/2017

View attachment 1027793
Inter get narrow win over SSC Napoli

View attachment 173364

View attachment 173363
Just about won that one but I won't complain. Right now I'm only thinking about the game against Fenerbahçe, it's the big one of the next couple of weeks. This win secures us second place ahead of Roma for now and gives us a very good chance of finishing in the Champions League places for next season. That's 3 wins in a row for us now and all very good and important ones so let's hope this keeps going against Fenerbahçe in a couple of days.

04/05/2017

View attachment 173357
Inter come back to claim crucial win over Fenerbahçe

View attachment 173356
View attachment 173355
Jeez, well, that was another scare. Bringing on Perisic turned out to be a great decision and I'm really happy about that but it wasn't as convincing as it could have been. Nevertheless, I know for a fact we'll be ready for the trip to Turkey and the players will do their best there. Yûto was outstanding today and he fully deserved the man of the match award. We're so close to the final, I just can't wait until we're there.

Last edited:
11/05/2017

View attachment 1027994

Inter qualify for first European final since 2009 after extra-time win over Fenerbahçe

View attachment 173189
View attachment 173188

Inter have against all odds reached the final of the Europa League. The club's first European final since their Champions League win in 2009/2010. Mauro Icardi played once again the role of hero as he made it 2-1 in the 70th minute taking the game to extra-time where Marco Asensio ended up scoring the equaliser, making it 4-3 on aggregate for Inter. An absolutely fantastic game which now means that Inter are in the TIM Cup final, the Europa League final and have already qualified for next season's Champions League by securing a place in the top 3. With just 2 games left in the league, here's what the Serie A table looks like:

View attachment 173186
The final of the Europa League will take place on the 24th of May and will see I Nerazzurri take on Everton, who finished 7th in the Premier League and have Europa League top goalscorer Romelu Lukaku completely fit and ready to get Everton to win their first trophy since 1995. Totti will definitely be the man to thank at Inter as he completely turned Inter's season around taking them to two finals and a second place, 14 spots above where they were when Roberto Mancini was sacked.

View attachment 173185

24/05/2017

View attachment 173162

Everton - Inter Milan live commentary

View attachment 173161

Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the Europa League final here at the Friends Arena in Stockholm. Everton are taking on Inter Milan today in what should be a cracking match between two teams who worked incredibly hard to get to this final. Inter have already this competition 3 times and find themselves in the final for the first time since 1998 whilst Everton are playing in their first ever Europa League final in the club's 139 years history.

Everton are rocking a 4-2-3-1 with top goalscorer Lukaku up top whilst Inter will play with their usual 4-1-2-1-2 with Jovetic and Icardi up front.

View attachment 173160View attachment 173159

EVERTON KICK OFF - 1'

1' Straight from the kick-off we see Inter getting possession of the ball and move forward with it with Jovetic giving it to Icardi; Inter's captain can't go forward with it and passes it back to Jovetić who tries to cross it is but it's headed away; Biraghi is there to get the ball back and tries to whip one win but Galloway tries to head it softly to Jagielka who tries to chest it down but Mkhitaryan is there! He hits one! And it's a GOAL TO INTER MILAN!!! Just 38 seconds into the game and the Italians are in front already! What a start to this game! Are Inter back? Will they get European glory tonight? What a huge mistake from Everton's centre-back partnership!

EVERTON 0-1 INTER - 1'

View attachment 173157

32' Big blow for Inter as Felipe Melo picks up an injury and has to come off the field. He'll be replaced by Gary Medel who will have to stay as solid defensively as Melo has been so far, it's an incredibly tight game and Mkhitaryan's first-minute goal might just be what settles this final if both teams keep playing like this!

41' Corner for Inter on the right as Asensio puts in a good cross but it's headed away by Jagielka; Icardi is at the edge of the box and holds on to the ball for a little bit before passing it straight back to Asensio; will he cross it in? No he won't! He cuts past the Everton defender and gets on his left foot before smashing it and ohhhhhhh what a GOAL!!! INTER MILAN ARE 2-0 UP!!! What an incredible game and what an amazing solo goal from Asensio! He was Inter's hero in the semi-final against Fenerbahçe when he scored in extra-time and he might just be the hero again as he puts his team 2 goals closer to European glory!!!

EVERTON 0-2 INTER - 41'

View attachment 173148
45+3' CHANCE for Everton as Baines whips the ball in for Renato Sanches who hits on and it's a great save from Handanović! Oh wait here's a second shot from Renato Sanches but it hits the post!!! It's rolling on the line and hits the other post before being cleared by Miranda right before Lukaku could get to it! What a chance for Everton! How did they not score?!

HALF TIME - EVERTON 0-2 INTER

View attachment 173147
It's been all Inter so far despite the stats saying otherwise. They've had most of the chances and have really controlled the game and are deservedly 2-0 up at the half. Let's hope for Everton's sake that their manager changes things up to get back in it because it just seems too easy for Totti's side right now.

INTER KICK OFF - 45'

51' Inter seem to be on the attack again starting from the defence with Glik. He sees Biraghi and passes it to him who makes a wonderful one-touch lobbed pass to Jovetić; the Serbian runs through on goal but holds onto to the ball before giving it to Icardi on the other side; the captain sees the run inside the box from Ivan Perisic and squares it to him! He hits one left bottom corner and Jefferson can't get to it! It's another GOAL FOR INTER MILAN!!! 3-0 what on Earth is going on!?! Perisic runs off to celebrate with the fans and Inter are absolutely thrashing Everton! What a performance for them!

EVERTON 0-3 INTER - 51'

View attachment 173122

69'
Not much happening since that last goal, Everton look completely out of place. Inter are just playing around with the ball and passing it all around the pitch without any pressure from the opposition. It's a throw in now from the left as Biraghi gives the ball to Asensio who turns and just sends in a cross out of nowhere! Perisic gets to the end of it and it's another one!!! GOAL TO INTER MILAN!!! What is happening here?? Everton were one of the strongest teams in the competition and are just getting absolutely battered by Inter! It's 4-0!!!

EVERTON 0-4 INTER - 69'

View attachment 173120

84'
All hope seems lost for Everton, it's like they're not even trying. Inter are running all over the place whenever they have the ball and calmly sitting back when they lose it and it's just a matter of minutes now before I Nerazzurri are European champions again

90+1' And that's it! It's all over! The nightmare ends here for Everton and the celebrations start for Inter! What a game and what a scoreline! 4-0 for Inter's 4th Europa League trophy! What a campaign it's been for Totti and his players! Absolutely incredible from them tonight they fully deserve the victory and the trophy after fighting so hard to get to the final they showed why they should have been taken seriously from the start! It's Totti's first trophy as a manager and looking at how he's been handling his Inter side, probably not the last. Thank you all so much for staying with us tonight and following this incredible final.

View attachment 173103
View attachment 173101

04/06/2017

View attachment 172979

I will never forget this moment. It's my first managerial job for heaven's sake and we've won two trophies! I don't know how to feel I can't find words to describe the state I'm in right now. Coming in at Inter when they were 16th, I obviously knew that we would end higher up the table come the end of the season but 2nd? I never thought of that as an option. Two trophies? No way. Lifting the TIM Cup is just another way of asserting our dominance in Italy. Juventus might have won the title but there's no way we'll let them just walk away with it next season. We're back in the Champions League after winning the Europa League too. Man what a game that was. It was hard at first here in Milan; being away from my family who stayed in Roma and only being able to see them 2 times a week, being scared that moving to another Italian club would anger the Roma fans and would make them hate me and never talk about me as a legend of their club again. I didn't expect that things would go so well but I'm not complaining. Now, we've all earned a great vacation and we will come back next season better than ever for sure. As I made my way out of the Stadio Olimpico, I just remembered all the time where I came out of this stadium wearing Roma's colours with all the fans screaming at us and being so happy. I've won some trophies with Roma and I've loved my time there but thinking back now, I don't think I regret leaving Rome and my title as "The King of Rome" for this. I won't go as far as to say that I love my new club Inter but I'm definitely enjoying a lot of things about it.

06/06/2017

Coming in early December 2016 here at Inter, did I expect to have a great squad with great individual players? Yes. Did I expect amazing facilities and staff? Yes. Did I expect to have the support of the fans? Not really. But did I expect to have the season we had? Absolutely not. Some players stepped up this season and showed me why they are playing for this team and showed me how underappreciative people had been of their skills. The entire team, every single player; whenever they were called up from the bench during a game to have a couple of minutes on the field, they delivered. We had some bad games but we had some amazing games. Towards the end of the season when we had big games after big games, all those players stayed focused and got amazing results and worked their a****s off to get to where we are now. I am so proud to have managed this team this season. As of right now, I heard that Spalletti signed a new contract with Roma for another 3 years. Good for him, but we finished above him this season and we will next season too and the season after that. I know that it sounds stupid, that my whole story with Roma shouldn't have ended like this and that I should be trying to take revenge by becoming a manager and trying to make their season horrible. Roma is my club and that is where I want to manage. Once I get that job, you can be sure I will never leave it and I will make my team win everything there is to win. In Europe, in Italy, in the world. I will make Roma the best side that the world has ever seen, I'll make them the next Barcelona. For now though, I'm staying patient. I'm enjoying my time at Inter of course I am but this is temporary to me. One day I'll have to move on just like I did as a player with Roma. This season was perfect for me and was the best possible way to start a managerial career. I've got ambition and I've got a lot of hope for next season here in Milan, I'm confident I can take Inter back to where they were in 2010. I know I can work that hard and after this season, I'm 300% sure the players can too.

My player of the year award goes to a player who started slowly but still somehow became the hero of this club. He's the club captain and he was just outstanding, finishing top goalscorer in the league and just overall being our best player all season. Mauro Icardi:

View attachment 172952
View attachment 172951
A couple of our other players got some awards too which they all entirely deserved:

View attachment 172949
View attachment 172948
View attachment 172945
And last night we all celebrated at the San Siro and had some awards of our own too. It really seems like the fans thought differently about the awards:

View attachment 172944
And you know what I'll give it to Marco. He was just sensational this season and considering he came in January, he has to be the bargain of the season I mean just 14 million euros for a player who was voted as our player of the season, signing of the season and young player of the season? That says something. The best part about this is that he was playing as a centre-midfielder, which isn't even his natural position. I don't think I have anything else to say about this season I'm just so proud of the team and so excited about our pre-season and the beginning of next season. Right now I'm about to leave for Roma to see my family and from there we'll see where our summer takes us. The end of an amazing season, of an amazing year. See you all next year.

View attachment 172943

05/07/2017

View attachment 172737
Transfer window opens as Inter sign three for 39 million euros

View attachment 172736
View attachment 172734View attachment 172735

Inter fans will definitely be excited about their 3 new signings as Kevin Trapp comes in from PSG for 6 million euros, Breel Embolo comes in from Bayern Munich for 18 million euros and Emre Can signs from Liverpool for 15 million euros.
Francesco Totti, who won the Europa League and the TIM Cup in his first season in Milan, demonstrates his ambition to challenge Juventus for the Serie A title as he signs two of the brightest prospects in Europe and an experienced goalkeeper who played for one of the best sides in Europe as a replacement for Handanovic. In the press conference held to welcome the new arrivals, Totti said that he was very excited to get to work and manage those new players who were a fantastic addition to a side already full of talent.

As the start of the season gets closer and closer, I felt it was very important for me to buy players early so they could get used to how we work around here and I could get to know them better before the competitive matches start. I brought in 3 fantastic players who will all do an amazing job here and as some players are leaving I feel like we're making some great business. Miranda wants to leave and has an offer to leave the club, Biabiany isn't playing and isn't happy here and Éder wants to go back home to Sampdoria as he wasn't happy with his loan. Rithely is also a player who's about to leave and it won't be long before Dodô follows him. I'm sad to see some of these players go but I'm very happy about the arrivals and can't wait for our friendly game against Carpi on the 22nd.

20/07/2017

View attachment 172695

Inter fans disappointed by flow of departures

View attachment 172690

View attachment 172672

Some representatives of Inter Milan fan groups have expressed their disappointment about some of the departures this summer so far such as Crisetig for such a low fee as well as Miranda but also Rithely as they felt like he had a lot more to prove. However, they will probably be very happy about the latest name rumoured to be coming to the San Siro to play for Inter.

View attachment 172650
Rondón could be going to Lazio for around 15 million euros

Jack Wilshere on his way to Norwich?

Internazionale offer contract to Cesc Fabregas after 36 million euros offer is accepted by Chelsea

View attachment 172643
The Spanish midfielder requested to be put on the transfer-list at the end of last season after reported interest from Bayern Munich and Real Madrid but those clubs have appeared to have lost interest and the Spanish playmaker might now be heading to Italy where he would be one of the highest earners in the league. More to follow...

Last edited:
27/07/2017

View attachment 172618
The rumours linking Fabregás away from Chelsea have today been confirmed as he joins Europa League holders Internazionale for 36.5 million euros, where he will earn 275 000 euros a week until June 2020. Despite the rumours which had been floating around for a couple of days, this will definitely come down as a surprise move for the Spanish midfielder and Inter as they seemed like they were very happy with their midfield last season and didn't need strengthening. Fabregás was quick to admit he knew there would be a lot of competition at Inter but that he was ready for the challenge and it was the main reason why he decided to leave Chelsea anyway:

"I'm very happy to have joined this club. I watched them for a couple of months before the season ended last year when I was out injured and it's just incredible to see how they've grown as a club. Back when I played for Barcelona, they were starting to drop down a little bit and when I joined Chelsea was when they had some of their worst years but since Totti joined, they've played some incredible football and a lot of people have noticed. I remember after a Premier League game talking to some of the Everton players who were going to face Inter a couple of days later in the Europa League final and they were all so scared! I hope I have a fantastic time here and to be honest so far everyone's been very welcoming and the fans have been immense. I can't wait to get started and meet my new teammates and the manager and I can't wait for the first couple of games to show what I can do!"

01/08/2017

Pre-season review: 2017-2018

View attachment 172609

We had 3 games scheduled for our pre-season as I felt that with the 2 Supercup games that we're playing in later (Supercoppa Italia and UEFA Supercup) would be enough to get us ready for the Serie A. The first game against Carpi was an easy one and it showed as we won 5-1 with our new players Embolo and Emre Can both playing very well. Trapp got a 7/10 in that game and despite conceding one goal had a pretty decent game. Our second game against Real Madrid we only lost 3-2 but maybe should have deserved a little better as the stats suggested the game should have ended as a draw. So far I wasn't too disappointed with our games as we had gotten an expected win and an expected loss ahead of our game against Atletico Madrid. To my eyes, this should have ended as a bore draw as both teams were incredibly even but we didn't take our chances and Atletico took theirs and they managed to put two past us as we lost 2-0 in our last pre-season game.
Overall, a little bit disappointing but as the two big Supercup games arrive I'm confident that we can play well against Juventus and Bayern and maybe get a trophy or two before the season starts. I'd have to say my player of the pre-season is a player who came runners-up in the Fans' Player of the Season award: Davide Santon.

View attachment 172607
He scored a goal in our first friendly game and was one of our top performers in the defeats to Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. Hopefully, he can repeat those performances when the Serie A starts and for those games against Juventus and Bayern. Fabregás also made his debut against Atletico and I could just tell that all the fans were so excited to see him play. He was actually our best performer in the 2-0 loss to Atletico as he managed a 7.9/10 rating which seemed a lot more like a 9/10 to me watching from the sidelines considering we lost the game. He was just in the midfield controlling EVERYTHING, making such beautiful passes, holding onto the ball well. Marco did an amazing job last season when we played him at centre-midfielder and towards the end of the season he turned into a bit of a hero but Cesc really seems like he's made us a much much better side and I couldn't be happier that I signed him.

05/08/2017

View attachment 172601

Inter win Supercoppa after heated game

View attachment 172600
View attachment 172599

Some last minute drama saw Inter win their first Supercoppa since 2010 as Breel Embolo had the perfect debut by heading home in the 88th minute to get his first goal as an Inter player. Emre Can, on the other hand, didn't have the best debut as he was sent off in the 77th minute. This very heated game, which saw 13 bookings in total, could have gone either way but Inter were just more hungry for another cup win and beat Juventus to end a 4-game losing streak against the current Italian champions.

What a win! That's how to start a season! I knew my new signings would pay off! Breel was outstanding and deserves that last minute goal for sure and Emre was just unfortunate, the referee had a lot to do this game and had no problem booking players so I saw it coming to be honest. I'm really proud of the whole team though they held Juventus really well and in the end it was our hard work that saw us win the game. One of our better performances since I came to Inter despite the small scoreline. I'm very hopeful ahead of the Bayern game now and I'm so happy that we get to add another trophy to our cabinet!

08/08/2017

View attachment 1028617

Bayern win UEFA Supercup on penalties

View attachment 172593
View attachment 172592

At the end of an absolutely brilliant encounter, Bayern Munich came out on top as they won on penalties 4-1 despite going a goal down just before the end of the first half of regular time. The time saw a lot of opportunities and entertaining football and for Inter fans, a lot of promise going into this season and going back into the Champions League. Indeed, in the space of 3 days, I Nerazzurri have managed to hold off two Champions League finalists and showed that they are definitely ready for next season. In this game though, we did see Inter struggle a bit more in the midfield despite having Asensio in the centre. The Spanish youngster did a superb job in that position last season but he might be pushed off as a right attacking midfielder or a left midfielder with Fabregás' arrival earlier last week. The ex-Chelsea playmaker made his official debut against Juventus in Inter's Supercoppa win but had to come off due to a minor injury which kept him out of this game against Bayern. Nevertheless, the Italian side can look forward to the start of the Serie A with a lot of hope and can definitely challenge Juventus for the title if they play the same kind of football they've been playing in the past few months.

I'm so happy about that performance. We went into this game as huge underdogs (obviously since we were going against Bayern) and we did such a good job in the end! A 1-1 draw against the best team in Europe is such an amazing result. We lost on penalties but I know for fact they could have lost too. Penalty shootouts are just luck-based so I'm not bothered by this game at all. We played really well and I'm very happy with everyone's performances. Now I need to get the boys ready for our opening game against Sassuolo in a 11 days!

19/08/2017

View attachment 1028638

Inter complete comeback against Sassuolo for opening game

View attachment 172577
View attachment 172576

Inter got their Serie A campaign to a nice start as they won 3-1 against Sassuolo after going a goal down in the first half. Francesco Totti will surely be happy about such a good comeback and will definitely be even happier about Embolo's debut in the Serie A for Inter as he scored the two goals which put I Nerazzurri in front. Davide Santon was once again Inter's best performer as he got two assists, one of which was for Embolo's second goal and could very well be one of the assists of the season already. Asensio was the other goalscorer for Inter as he put pressure on Perisic and Giuliano to start performing if they want to keep their place in the team. With this win, Inter temporarily got top as this was the very first game of the 2017-2018 Serie A season.

I got a bit nervous throughout the first half as Sassuolo were really dominating us but in the end we got the 3 points which is what matters. Breel was just incredible and is showing me day in day out why he should be in the starting lineup and I can't wait for our next Serie A game already. Some players were a bit disappointing today but since we had a bit of a break after our Bayern loss I wasn't expecting them to be entirely ready yet. Now that this game is out of the way, I have to travel to Switzerland to attend the Champions League group stage draw as most managers do and find out who is in ours. It's quite exciting to be back in the Champions League especially as a manager now. With our next game against Udinese in 8 days, I hope the boys don't take today's win for granted and know that next time we'll have to be the ones gaining the advantage first and keeping that advantage for the rest of the game!

24/08/2017

View attachment 172572

Inter, Bayern and Manchester City drawn in "group of death"

View attachment 172571

Internazionale, Bayern, Manchester City and Anderlecht have all been drawn together in group B in what seems to be this year's "group of death". The English side, who finished 2nd in the Premier League last season, have a great chance of qualifying but will have to defeat current Champions League holders Bayern and last season's Serie A runners-up Inter. We have what should be a very tight contest to qualify for the next round and we'll have some absolutely fantastic encounters along the way with Bayern still being favourites to win the whole competition.

Hmm. Not a bad return to the Champions League is it? Having to play against two of the best sides in Europe. I can't wait! This is going to be an amazing campaign I can feel it and I just hope we make it through to the next round. We've managed to hold off Bayern before when they played their strongest side so I don't see why we can't do it again. A really exciting draw indeed. I called the players up when the draw was over and they all seemed thrilled. Of course, it will be very hard to qualify but they know that if we qualify from this group, the fans will be so happy. Anyways, gotta get back to Milan now to get the players all ready and fired up for the game against Udinese. And by the way, I saw Roma's group and I wish them the best but I think they'll be able to qualify. If not, then I'd be more than happy to take over there and get Roma to the top!

View attachment 172568

27/08/2017

View attachment 1028650
Yet another good game for Inter who seem to be getting stronger by the day. Two games and two wins with just one goal conceded but 6 goals scored is a very decent record to have so far and even though we're only 2 games into the season, Totti's side are definitely showing why they're considered title contenders. Mauro Icardi, Inter's captain, had yet another good game today as he scored a very nice goal and also made an assist whilst Breel Embolo continued his amazing form by scoring as well. Mkhitaryan also put his name on the scoresheet as he scored in the 86th minute to make it 3-0. We're seeing a lot of positives from this Inter side so far and it's very encouraging for fans of Italian football who thought that Milan (both Inter and AC Milan) would never get back to their winnings ways. It's not happy times for everyone though as this loss puts Udinese rock bottom of the league with a -7 goal difference, conceding 7 and scoring none.

Are the players that I have available to me too good? Or am I using an effective strategy? I have no way of knowing right now because we just seem to be winning game after game and performing game and game and it almosts seems like a dream. I'm not complaining of course, those performances are only making my job safer and easier but I'm surprised by this Inter side. It hasn't changed drastically since I arrived yet we're getting much better results than Mancini was getting. Odd. For now though, everyone's either leaving to meet with their national teams or taking a little break and training while waiting for our next league game against Atalanta on the 9th of September. That will also be a good game but the one I'm really nervous/excited about is the game against Manchester City just 3 days later. The Champions League anthem back at the San Siro. What a moment that will be!