'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank-you for my nomination Bugu! :wub:

I'll be leaving for a while but I'll leave this open. :)

2784crashredsea70532029.jpg

It's gone. There's nothing left. Hope is a wonderful thing. Shame I don't have any. Fear seemed to cling to me, refusing to move, it's fingers suffocating me. Get off! Get off! What had I done to deserve this? I may have failed a few exams, pulled a sickie when England were on the telly, but I'm not a bad person. My last moments spent terrified. Hating myself. Alarms screeched endlessly in my head, pounding every inch of my frantic mind. I screamed. Once. Twice. It seemed like forever but like nothing at the same time. I swore, spitting out the foul word like the dirt it was. The dirty green ocean shimmered beside me, it's menacing claws beckoning me to come closer. Get away! Get away! The words stuck in the back of my throat, gripping my tonsils. Then the words erupted out of my mouth in an incomprehensible fury. I slammed my shaking fist against the window. Blood. Red. Red blood. Smeared, streaked across the window. Smack. Smack. SMACK!

I saw the ocean a final time. The sea of calm. Ha! I was still laughing when my skull hit the seat and the blood filled my eyes.

Last edited:
Just read through all of this and it's easily one of my top 5 stories on the site, you write incredibly well and I'm glad to see this story back!

Thanks a lot mate. :)

That honestly means a lot to me. :)

---------

Wednesday 15th July, 2010​

630pxswanseacitylogosvg.png

'Nathan! Control! CONTROL!' It had been a long, hard day at Swansea City with very little happening. The lads were very much unfit and off form from their lavished summer breaks full of food, sun, sea, sand and in the case of Darren Pratley, ***. I couldn't concentrate, the dream I'd had was still flashing around my mind. The blood-curdling screams, the shrieks of terror, the finality of it all. The boys were in a world of their own and at 4.25, I ended the training session with the lads rushing to the changing rooms, nattering about their latest adventures with women. That world seemed a long way away.

The Ryanair plane hit the sea for the fiftieth time in my head and I had to close my eyes and concentrate for the image to go away. I staggered over to the fridge, pulling out a Fosters a slamming it shut. It was going be a good evening.

Then, the doorbell rang. Sighing, I lifted my body out of the armchair and opened the door. There was nobody there. It must have been another teenager, having a laugh with his thick mates, I thought to myself.

Just as I was about to shut the door, I looked down and saw a piece of gleaming white paper. I picked them up and shut the door. I sat myself down, back into the comfort of the armchair. The paper read:

'Hi Chris! I hope you are getting on well with your new job. I was hoping you'd come and visit your ol' Pa sometime.'

Beneath the letter, paper clipped to the side, was a boarding pass. One ticket for a Ryanair flight to Stansted...

Last edited:
Terrific stuff once again Chris, shame i don't have as much time as some of the other writers on this site, or i'd update my Matiak story more often, but i know how stressful exams can be! Perhaps a train would be better? But it would take a fair bit of effort to crash into the sea on a plane from Swansea/Cardiff to London Stanstead. (H)

Looking forward to the next update Chris, make sure you VM me when you do update..
Not on the recent threads list anymore....Lee..

Terrific stuff once again Chris, shame i don't have as much time as some of the other writers on this site, or i'd update my Matiak story more often, but i know how stressful exams can be! Perhaps a train would be better? But it would take a fair bit of effort to crash into the sea on a plane from Swansea/Cardiff to London Stanstead. (H)

Looking forward to the next update Chris, make sure you VM me when you do update..
Not on the recent threads list anymore....Lee..

Thanks Joss. :)

Lets say they crash into the Thames. ;)

Thanks again though, it means a lot. :)

------------------------------

Thursday 16th July, 2010

hospitalbed1300x294.jpg

Everything was blurred and thoughts and images seemed to spin round my head at 1000 miles an hour. The room was swaying back and forth. Back and forth. My hand shot out to balance myself but I crashed to the floor in a muddles heap. My brain screamed out at me to stop thinking but I couldn't. More screaming. I put my hand to my head and warm blood oozed out. That's when I passed out.

When I woke up, my senses shrieked at me. Disinfectant and vomit seemed to swirl round my face. I couldn't open my eyes but I could feel the blinding light shining in my face, piercing every inch of my eyes. There were some loud footsteps but they seemed mile away. What had happened? Where was I?

I finally fought the battle of opening my eyes and everything seemed to rush at me. Voices, in my head or other people? Footsteps, people crying. I sensed death and hope at the same time. Then a woman spoke, her soft voice music to my ears:

'It's OK, Chris. It's all going to be OK.'

I felt the soft touch of her hand against my burning forehead and I drifted back off to sleep.

-------

'Is he going to be OK?' the woman asked the nurse, stammering, her voice filled with worry and despair.

'I don't know. I just don't know.'

Then, the nurse pushed the trolley away and they were alone again.

Last edited:
I've now subscribed since you've quietly sneaked back ;)

Fantastic updates as usual mate. Looking forward to more :)

I've now subscribed since you've quietly sneaked back ;)

Fantastic updates as usual mate. Looking forward to more :)

Haha. :) You got me. ;)

Great to hear that. :) Sorry about the lack of an image, ImageShack wouldn't load up. :(

EDIT: Added image. :)

Last edited:
Greta update as always Chris, i too have subscribed since Lee took the stories of the recent threads list. Really enjoying this one. I'll try and get a Matiak update up asap.

Thanks a lot Joss. :D

I look forward to it. :)

Date: Unknown Time: Unknown

blurrydream1revisedfull.jpg

I flickered in and out of consciousness, only semi-aware of the noises around me. I could hear muffled voices. They sounded... what was that word? Oh, worried. Yeah, worried.

Huh? What? Am I dead. Is this what **** is like?

-----------

'Doctor? Is he going to live?' the slim woman asked, stuttering, trying to pronounce every letter, prolonging the time in case she didn't get the answer that she wanted. Don't say no. Don't say no.

Oh, God. Please don't say no.

The doctor said something but the words drifted over her head, her hands went to her ears. She felt like fainting. She blocked out all other sounds. Then, the doctor took her hand in his. She looked up, her pale blue eyes shimmering with tears.

The doctor smiled but she didn't register the answer. Then, she let the sound back in. Everything seem to swirl round her head. Cars rushed past outside the window, the soft gentle voices of people talking to sicked loved ones. She looked back at the doctor. He smiled once more.

'He'll live.'

It was all he needed to say.

Last edited:
Absouloute stunning update mate. This is a good read, very good read. Keep it up :wub:

Lol, thanks mate. :)

Means a lot. ^^)

Haha, very good update Chris. Intrigued to know who this 'sim woman' from the last update or two is... love interest? :p

Really enjoying this one Chris, KUTGW!

Swansea Manager Chris Turner Rushed into Hospital

article0061e599c000005d.jpg

Chris Turner was taken to hospital at 2:30 this afternoon when he was found in his hotel room unconscious. Chris' condition is said to be 'Stable but critical' and the new Swansea Manager is likely to miss Swansea's first friendly of the season after doctors told him he'd be in for 'a week at least.'

Police and Paramedics were called to the scene and Chris was rushed to Swansea General Hospital and was immediately administered to by doctors. He is expected to have surgery later on this evening.

Chris Turner was found by one of the maids at the hotel 'sprawled across the floor with a gash across his forehead.' She said:

'I had gone in to sort out the beds. Chris said he'd be out that afternoon. After knocking, I went inside and he was just lying there. I called an ambulance immediately and reported it to the manager. I hope he recovers quickly.'

'Get well soon' was the message from Swansea City fans who have yet to see Chris after his terrifying experience with a masked gunman at his opening press conference. Chris was shaken up by the incident and according to coaching staff; 'Wasn't himself and didn't look well.'

Chris was appointed manager just 10 days ago and already has brought excitement to the club, but not through signings. Assistant Manager Bruno Oliveira is expected to take charge of Swansea's first match against Port Talbot in three days time.

Swansea City fans will be hoping that Chris Turner can help their club push for that coveted promotion place this season but some are starting to wonder whether Turner can cope with the pressure and rumours are he is ready to resign already.

A spokesman for Chris said:

'Everyone involved with Swansea is devastated at this news and we all wish Chris a speedy recovery. Regarding news involving his position at the club, I am yet to speak to him about where he stands. Thank You.'

Last edited:
Just read it all through chris. Fantastic writing style you've got, and so much suspense
keep it up

Superb as usual my friend. I really hope a lot of people surf the stories section so they don't miss this, not being in the recent threads. Keep it up, enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.