'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot guys. :)

Comments like that keep me going. :D

Can't do anything about it not being in the RT list so we carry on. ;)

Thanks again. :)

:wub:

nice story ! :)

liking it very much like the you alaways end it with a cliffhanger

Just seen your latest update mate, very good :) I'm now beginning to wonder if you will leave Swansea, which I'm sure is what you wanted |)

never really read through this, but just have and it's brilliant, keep it up, just loving the excitement :)

Just seen your latest update mate, very good :) I'm now beginning to wonder if you will leave Swansea, which I'm sure is what you wanted |)

Trust me - any outsiders coming into Swansea wants to get out of there as quickly as possible! :D

Can't wait for more Chris.

Mate, this is great. Read it today when I should have been working and loved it... but I would seriously think about applying for another job... somewhere safer perhaps?! ;)

Thanks all of you! I was shocked to see so many people commenting!

It means a terrific amount to me. :)

Whether he'll move, we'll have to wait and see. Do you think I should actually update games I play on FM?

Once again, thank-you. :wub:

Thanks all of you! I was shocked to see so many people commenting!

It means a terrific amount to me. :)

Whether he'll move, we'll have to wait and see. Do you think I should actually update games I play on FM?

Once again, thank-you. :wub:

It's really up to you Chris, if you feel you have enough ideas to not really concentrate on the football, then by all means continue what you're doing.. you of course could just mention the football in updates, without doing the whole screenshot + thoughts + league table thing... Looking forward to the next update whatever you choose to do, brilliant so far! (Btw, I think i added one of your comments to my sig ;))

It's really up to you Chris, if you feel you have enough ideas to not really concentrate on the football, then by all means continue what you're doing.. you of course could just mention the football in updates, without doing the whole screenshot + thoughts + league table thing... Looking forward to the next update whatever you choose to do, brilliant so far! (Btw, I think i added one of your comments to my sig ;))

Thanks Joss. Some interesting ideas. I mull over it for a bit then come back to you. :) Much appreciated.

As for your sig, I am honoured. :)

--------------------------

Saturday, 27th July 2010

46996921nathandyerhuw.jpg

'Darren, look wide!' 'Come on! We only need one more goal! Jordi, play it through!'

I was back. The crowd screamed, eager for that one goal that would send us through to the final of the 'Liberty Cup'. We were up against a formidable Sevilla side and with just 2 minutes left, it was 0-0.

Suddenly, Nathan Dyer had the ball at his feet. Taking it around the left back, he whipped in a deep cross. The goalie plucked it out of the air, lobbing it forward to Jesus Navas, he took it out wide to the left, past Bautista and put the ball in the box. It was perfect. The ball seemed to hang in the air for hours, spinning on it's axis. The crowd was silent. Luis Fabiano took the ball on his chest and struck it. Hard. De Vries threw himself at the ball, but he never stood a chance. It whistled into the top corner. Fabiano steered away, the Sevilla fans chanting his name. I slumped back into my chair.

As the whistle blew, I shook hands with the manager, congratulating him on his success. 'My ****' I thought. I went round my players, a word here and there. No hugging, that wasn't me.

'Unlucky Jordi.' 'You'll get 'em next time.'

He smiled and strolled over to the changing rooms. He knew he had played well.

The result didn't matter. I could still hear the roaring of the crowd, the atmosphere that gripped you in. I wouldn't let the masked man win. It was time to fight back.

Last edited:
Brilliant, think i'm glad you've gone for a football update, but would've been good whatever you did i'm sure ;)

KUTGW Chris, challenging the best stories on this site.

Missed this update, luckily Joss commented so I got sent an email ^^) agreeing with Joss, nice to have a match update, certainly adds a different dimension to the story.

Great update, can't wait for more (6)

Thanks all of you. :D

It seemed to tie in well with 'coming back from the hospital' so I'm glad you like it. :)

just read all of the story so far and its fantastic mate :D one of your best stories yet and I will definately be following from now on :)

Thanks a lot mate. :D

Delighted to hear that. :)

this is really good, especially now it's finally got to the football :p

Lol, thanks a lot mate. :D

I'm pleased too. Felt it needed some background build up though. ;)

Wednesday, 2nd August 2010

guillembauzaswanseanov2.jpg

We were winning. Yes, winning. So far, with 80 minutes gone we were 1-0 up. Our opponents Cambridge United were stubborn but in the end, Pratley had scored a marvellous curled strike and we were winning. My first ever win with Swansea could come in 10 minutes...

Yes!

With just 1 minute left, Nathan Dyer collected the ball on the right wing, taking it past Palmer and whipping the ball in for a grateful Bauza. He scuffed the shot but it didn't matter. It took a couple of agonising seconds but the ball rolled past the 'Keeper. I have never seen a man so happy! Seconds later, the whistle blew.

We had won.

The assistant manager turned to me, his face beaming with joy. You've done it Chris. I shook his hand for a while and we strolled onto the pitch under the warm sun to congratulate the ecstatic players.

They had done it for us.

Last edited:
Nothing exciting as you say, but it's a solid update to keep people following! KIU

Status
Not open for further replies.