'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all of you. :)

Can't keep a gripping suspense at the end of every update, as you know. ;) Thanks for following. :)

Enthralling and awesome story :)
Good luck for Swansea!

This is currently postponed as me and Stu are doing something. :)

'You're Fired!'

'Disgraced Chris Turner Leaves Swansea City in Dispute with Chairman'

huwj.jpg

It was all over the news. Our row, supposedly being kept quiet, had been well and truly leaked. It was an embarrassment. Less than two months! No, I couldn't keep my mouth shut, could I? Now, I was out of my dream job and cast off into the streets. No more lavish parties. No more four star hotels. My life seemed over. I had been given my chance and I had thrown it away. Who was I kidding? More money? Not like that stingy Jenkins was ever giving me anything more than a nickel. Now, I am left to wonder. Wonder what might have been. I have been dealt a bad hand and now, I am going to have to live with it.

--------

I have been approached; sworn to utmost secrecy. I have been told to wait a year. To write nothing. Nothing until July. These are exciting times.

I say no more. I must melt away into the shadows as my time, is soon to come.

Last edited:
He's back! Great update Chris, keep it up. I'm sure you will!

A new beginning...

Thanks Joss. :D

On your last note, my next update will come this afternoon. It's a whole new year. :)

Thursday, 1st July 2010

jobcentre1119568c.jpg

It is now July and I must start writing again. My new job is imminent. I look fondly back on my moment in the spotlight with Swansea City. The glamour of the press conferences, the excitement of a match at the Liberty Stadium. I have now been brought back down to earth. £60 a week does that to you. I now sit here in my run-down flat, just east of Cambridge and I have never been more hopeful.

I have been informed that my time is soon to come. I have seen no masked man, who last year, seem destined to kill me, to take my precious job. In a way he succeeded. But, after a year of 'slumming it' (as my aunt so deftly described), I am ready for my challenge. Life has a fresh look about it. Things seem clearer. I even buy myself a new suit.

I must realise that I have potential. That I can do something with my life. Swansea gave me an insight into what I can be and I have an opportunity to achieve that. For now, I must go to my meeting, accept my challenge. A new job, a new life awaits me.

I'll see you on the 6th.

Last edited:
Cheers mate! :) Much appreciated. :)

Update later. There is a twist...

Just ready this all the way through, Superb story. I got so ****** of last night - got to end of page 2 click on 3 and bam ! site was down XD your supsense was bad enough without me having to wait even longer haha. Read it all now though superb mate ;)

A fantastic read! You really could publish this stuff man! I look forwards to seeing who your new job is with ;)

Thank you so much guys!

This means so much to me! :)

Less thanking and more updating Chris lmao ! We want more. We want more XD

Monday 5th July 2010​

I never thought this would happen. Not in a million years. It had been such a turn around for me. From being hated by everyone to being the man that everyone adored again. Devoted fans cheered my name over and over again. Even the bodyguard smiled. I was back home where I belonged. Last year life seemed endless, now it had meaning and purpose. Despite my joy, this was the last place I expected to be.

The double doors were swung open by a man in a dark blue suit, his face cold and unsmiling. I couldn't help but grin. It all seemed so unreal. I was in a dream, expecting to be yanked back to reality. I had to pinch myself. Life was so good. I strolled through another set of doors, signing an autograph for a small child.

'It's him!' he whispered to his frowning father. 'I can't believe it!'

I pushed through another set of doors and was greeted by some players, all smiling and patting me on the back. I was like an old friend being welcomed home. I stepped out into the stadium and the entire ground was bathed in gentle sunlight, the pitch glowing under the sprinklers refreshing touch.

I spotted a dark figure limping towards me. A huge smile grew on my face. He shook my hand firmly and stood in silence for a moment, both of us too encapsulated by the view to speak. He finally spoke, his soothing voice filling the silence.

'Welcome home Chris. We've missed you.'

libertystadswan.jpg

Saturday, 7th August 2010

swanseacity031.jpg

I stepped out into the gentle sunlight of South Wales. Everything seemed to glitter under the sun's rays, reaching out for miles around, reflecting across the city, bathing it in a beautiful warmth. Summer was at its peak, temperature records had already been smashed. Everything seemed perfect. Traffic came to a standstill, pedestrians stopped to revel in the afternoon sun. A wonderful, momentary silence descended over the entire city. Then, the clouds covered the sun and the city came alive once more. Bands of Swansea City supporters made their way eagerly to the Liberty Stadium. Boys on their father's backs listened intently to the conversation around them. They were there for something big. It was then I realised the hopes, the expectations, the dreams of the city around me. I had to do it for them. I turned back into the shade of the tunnel and made my way to the changing rooms. My time had come. I pushed open the doors and was greeted by eighteen lads sitting in an eerie silence. Some chewing their nails, pulling up their socks, some muttering quiet words to themselves. One player came over, he had an air of self-importance about him. He whispered something in my ear. It was time. I was doing it for them.

---------

As I stepped out from the room, people wished me good luck, players patted me on the back. The Liberty Stadium erupted as I came out from tunnel, pressing my suit and beaming from ear to ear. Shaking the manager's hand, I took my seat. 14:59. Everything was ready. Time seemed to pass in slow motion. The only sound was a distant roar from the crowd. Finally, the referee put the whistle to his lips. The challenge was about to begin.

Thank you so much mate. :)

If it is even half the standard of yours, I am delighted. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.