The Leeds United Thread

The secrecy is ridiculous and just adds to speculation.

Just be transparent about what the complaint is about and deal with it.
Yeah
Bielsa also told that ref should say to public what was said and discussed with players etc. Things must be more transparent.

I dont mind if you would say these things. Rather have discussions than hold back afraid of some feelings :D
But it the truth, think he is getting a bit over this maybe with this covid season and how much he is trusted by the clubs and teammates. Fans might even elevate now him even higher. Time will tell and hope to see crowds in the stands next season.

Reading into other thread about GK situation, god it is good to have amazing keeper coming through and being already so impactful so young.
View attachment 552717
Been very impressed

I cant be any more prouder of the lads than all this season. It has been steady rise to improve our gameplay game by game. We starte the season with good attack but horrible defending and coping to the quality this league has to offer. Got our injuries sorted out, new lads got more into tactics and team - from there it was steady rise up. It is very RARE to see new promoted team improve their game turing their first season up. Season ending, but we still banging those goals and improved our DEFENSE alot, it is mindboggling how solid we look back there.

About Last game seeing Berardi back on the pitch where he deserves to be in push to help us gain PL but getting injured in the process at end of last season. Amazing from club to give new contract even we knew he is out for almost all season. I did not like Kiko in the goal but hope this was the sent off and he will be sold. Appriciate what he did to push us and Meslier.

All the calls about Bielsa burnout are ton and dusted. Everyone has played their hearts out to get so up in the table. Dont like these kind of statistic as season is 38 games. But for bragging rights considering last 10 games we would be at top :cool:. Have to take into account how many top teams we faced in this run.

Ending season in fron of the fans is extra win for us. West Brom will be into a **** of a ride and we will make them feel it.
If we beat West Brom we'll have the highest points total for a newly promoted side in 20 years yet could very feasibly still finish 10th. (Wolves qualified for Europe.) The pleasure to be above Aston Villa is amazing and maybe even Arsenal.

And Bammy, I dont understand why you are not in the EURO squad with 16 goals(only 1 pen), 11 assits, countles km runned and smile that could melt eveyrone. But have a good rest because u deserve it.

You have no idea how they both meant to us. One of them gave his all and never let down the team. Other did his magic and carried the team on his back and pulled us over the line so many times. I could never imagine 5 years ago to gave so good player in our team like Pablo is.
I am sad that Pablo did not get more mins in the PL, but his legs are going and he is been in trouble with injuries this season too much. But definitely been needed figure in locker room this first year in PL.
Hope tomorrow Bielsa will give them both game-time to get proper send off.

1621666801194.png

Manly tears...
So close for goal by Pablo, but amazing performance to walk off, with fans cheering and singing about him. In my opinion one of the most important part for our club the last decade. Bringing joy and class to our team when we where in dark times and pusheed the club into promotion with his leadership and skill.

1621787665156.png

Be interesting to see the next development stage for Leeds or if there just happy to survive in the prem each year ?

Think Simon Stone said on bbc radio that he will only ever sign a 1 yr deal and just keep it rolling

Be interesting to see the next development stage for Leeds or if there just happy to survive in the prem each year ?
Are we joke to you 🙂

I mean definitely won't please only surviving. Aim is to keep hold of mis table position and get lads in to steadily push for Europa spot and hopefully have a good cup run. Our form has been only upwards and fixings issues we have faced. It takes time to get into PL intensity football and we proved more to have the legs and motivation for that.

If the core guys stay i don't see problem holding mid table place and maybe to some upset if Bielsa gets the lads he want.

This please me massively.

Bur probably nowhere as much as you haha.

Nothing official yet I think.

This is how Bielsa operates, can't do anything about. I am sure these talks are done earlier than contract singed, as he doesn't want to put the club into bad situation. There fully belief between the manager and owner, just the way Bielsa as always done these deals.

Seems I was a little unfair on Bielsa when I said he was the third-best coach in the PL behind Klopp and Guardiola .....

..... We were having the discussion on Monday afternoon over a good few bevvies in the sun, and the common consensus (3 reds and blue, along with myself), was he's well arguably in the top 5 coaches in World football period. A completely seminal manager whose legacy is set in stone even without a string of silverware. With a legacy that's indirectly changed the modern game with his wide-reaching influence on so many.

So there you go @Bujakaa92 Figured you'd appreciate that. We kind of know a thing or two about great managers here.

I don't know, I think Bielsa is similar case to LVG, it only works when people subscribe to his ideas entirely and unconditionally. Hence why both of them had greatest success when managing underdogs, but on the top level where players have their own ideas they end up going out in smoke.

I don't know, I think Bielsa is similar case to LVG, it only works when people subscribe to his ideas entirely and unconditionally. .....

That goes for all top managers mate.

The two current best in World football, Klopp and Guardiola, wouldn't have the success they've had if they hadn't gotten that same trust and respect from the players to fully buy in to what they do.

No coincidence that all 3 get even the deepest squad player who might only play a handful of games to fully believe in the respective projects to work their behinds off physically and mentally to absurd levels day in, day out.

That goes for all top managers mate.

The two current best in World football, Klopp and Guardiola, wouldn't have the success they've had if they hadn't gotten that same trust and respect from the players to fully buy in to what they do.

No coincidence that all 3 get even the deepest squad player who might only play a handful of games to fully believe in the respective projects to work their behinds off physically and mentally to absurd levels day in, day out.

Klopp sure, but Guardiola had his fair share of conflicts with high profile players.

Klopp sure, but Guardiola had his fair share of conflicts with high profile players.

Yeah, like most managers he has. And they invariably don't last do they if they aren't fully committed to the project?

Recruitments key with him too as he needs a specific type of player to run what he runs to the letter.

Personally, when it comes to coaching and teaching/ improving footballers, I think both Klopp and Bielsa trump Pep hands down. And that's absolutely no slight on Guardiola who has his own legacy indelibly inked on his era with the way he changed football with his wonderful Barcelona side. That's a better legacy than all the trophies for me to leave behind.

But it's no coincidence the one man he looks up to more than any other is the Argentinian. Say's it all about Bielsa that.